We lose so much PED from this Lag. New Lag feature today

The Abomb

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
Sorry I don't take many jabs but I have lagged everyday since September. I missed every event since then because of lag. It's here right now and just wish it wasn't a game crippling experience that cost everyone that is experiencing the lag 100's if not 1,000s of PED a month. Not to mention it's not fun.

Takes 4 seconds to switch to Fap to heal. During that time mob regenerates more hence more cost to kill.
Takes 4 seconds to switch back to weapon after you healed. More mob regeneration.

New feature really bothering me today and reason I am making this post. Double crit damage lag.

Both times I died today and lost my skill buff on death :yay: Can't wait for the new skill buff event. /sarcasm on

When the mob crits you it holds back the crit and release it with its next attack. So you can't heal just stare at your dead corpse and scratch your head and wonder how many more months does it take to make the game playable like it used to be. If you did survive the double damage with crit. My keyboard gets worn out smashing keys hoping that I can recover and switch to heal. Then spend 4 seconds switching back...

Meanwhile my cost to hunt goes higher and higher all because of game crippling lag. Not to mention I lose skill buffs on death and can't maximize skill pills so there isn't any reason to use them.

Things I would like to see

Stop dangling new events and things in front of our face to try and distract us from the real problem. "The Lag"

Lag polls and lag poll winners but no new information or solution to the problem that is driving people away from playing, spending ped and most importantly - Enjoying The Game

I don't make this to be insincere as I play everyday probably too much. Just calling it as I see it.

You should start reimbursing everyone that plays PED per hour spent hunting to cover the increased cost. The lucky winner of the Lag poll just got back PED they probably lost playing that they would of never lost if there was no lag.

Sigh.... Some far better and clearer communication is needed. I don't care if you take the servers down for 24-48 hours just create a permanent fix to the problem instead of trying to distract us instead. Seriously I rather the servers stay down and fix the problem don't care how long it takes and I play everyday.

That is all
Abomb
:eyecrazy::scratch2:

Last edited:
I don't care if you take the servers down for 24-48 hours just create a permanent fix to the problem instead of trying to distract us instead.
48 hours, hah!

Probably have to be down a minimum of a week for them to fix it.

It is kinda stupid at this point to be lagging so bad. I have fully resorted to killing anything I can Kite 100% or mining. The item swap delay isn't worth it and dying because of it is pretty depressing.

48 hours, hah!

Probably have to be down a minimum of a week for them to fix it.

As long as I have a great playable game to come back too they should do it. The end result justifies it means. Think of the new players now playing this lag infested game thinking No Way I am outta here. The players that do stay just are taking it with no real compensation and many have shelved hunting and events because it's to severe.

At the end of the day MA just looks bad. They can promote a 10k Dagger on Facebook that sold but not everyone could even do that event. It's insulting. Then the players that do try this game from that little advertisement have a horrible new experience and MA loses the chance at new players.

This is a lose lose situation.

I say all this because I do actually love this game which is why I play everyday. So perhaps it bothers me more when the game is coming off as bad as it is right now.

Ahhh, the lagg...

Players lose PED in another way...when you switch weapons, for example if you have a long-range rifle to tag mobs with, and switch to a closer-range weapon, the resulting lag when your gun "gets stuck" means the mob gets closer to you, or even gets freebie munchies on your armor, before the weapon switch completes. Player receives decay unfairly with no compensation.

Unfortunately, this has been happening since...forever. :cussing:

I find logging out and back in can improve really bad lag situations somewhat, but for me anyway, lag is never really gone.

Ahhh, the lagg...

Players lose PED in another way...when you switch weapons, for example if you have a long-range rifle to tag mobs with, and switch to a closer-range weapon, the resulting lag when your gun "gets stuck" means the mob gets closer to you, or even gets freebie munchies on your armor, before the weapon switch completes. Player receives decay unfairly with no compensation.

Unfortunately, this has been happening since...forever. :cussing:

I find logging out and back in can improve really bad lag situations somewhat, but for me anyway, lag is never really gone.

Absolutely this has NOT been happening forever in the scale at which it is currently. There was always a slight delay, very small, not 4-6 seconds.

yeaaah, about that. haven't experienced the lag since it started in September so idk

Absolutely this has NOT been happening forever in the scale at which it is currently. There was always a slight delay, very small, not 4-6 seconds.

yes the lag has definitely increased. think of it as a science experiment. ma knows it makes money from lag. it's just adjusting for the maximum pull.

this is nothing :laugh: wait for Christmas event. During Halloween some players were working so i really think we are about to experience one of the worst lag periods in the game during MM

this is nothing :laugh: wait for Christmas event. During Halloween some players were working so i really think we are about to experience one of the worst lag periods in the game during MM

I couldn't do the Halloween event due to lag. How can it be worse than that?

I haven't logged in a couple of months with exception of quick log in to not get deleted account and it appears I'm glad I didn't. On the plus side it does mean ya lose peds slower because of lagg.

Why MA decide to keep doing events whilst it's still not fixed is beyond greedy and stupid.

You must be new to the game? :laugh:

You must be new to the game? :laugh:

Are you saying that there has always been lag like this ? If so that is not true. I started in 2007 and had little if any lag. I think you are saying the same as me that the lag was not there.

As I recall the lag started around the time MA took on a new server hosting company and they introduced the Cry engine both around 2010.

Yes. I'm saying lag was not only LIKE this since late 2002...it was much worse.

I'm not getting any lag - do you think it might be country specific?

Yes. I'm saying lag was not only LIKE this since late 2002...it was much worse.

No biggie but I disagree it was great for me until 2010 when the changes I mentioned above took place. BTW, just a side note I didn't the this game started until 2003 or 2004. Just wondering.

EDIT: I did find this statement, " On May 20, 2002, the Commercial Open Trial began, and the game was available to the public. With Version Update 4.2 on 28 January 2003, the game was considered "Gold"." According to Wiki. So we are both kind of right, but you more than me:).

Last edited:
I'm not getting any lag - do you think it might be country specific?

Where do you hunt, if you hunt. Maybe you are hunting on server where you are the only one.

Where do you hunt, if you hunt. Maybe you are hunting on server where you are the only one.

I have tried hunting on every planet and all over and it's the same situation. It's not player lag but hunting lag as mentioned where the weapon sticks for 4-5 seconds and can't switch items for 4-5 seconds.

I spend time harvesting and doing other things no lag. It's just yea I would like to do events and hunt too.

It sucks cause obviously a player without this lag has a significant advantage over me and of course gets to play the game like normal. How can I compete in any event when it's such a huge disadvantage from the start? Are they going to have events for the players that only have lag :eyecrazy:

I'm just saying things are pretty good, relatively speaking, if the only lag issues are weapon-switching causing the gun to "get stuck" for a few seconds. You should've seen all the lag issues we dealt with over the years, not the least of which included:

-mining bombs not detonating;

-invisible mobs that are present on the server, but not on your radar or the player's side, so-to-speak; they could attack you but you'd be hard-pressed to shoot back;

-mobs that would suddenly rocket off into the horizon for no apparent reason when you were shooting it and your computer lost sync with the server;

-You'd be shooting a big mob and get lagged out, the mob would kill you (server-side) and when you re-logged, the mob would be nowhere to be found;

-You could shoot-and-run from many larger mobs, and spend a lot of ammo knocking it down to 10% health, suddenly get lagged out, and if you re-logged, the mob was nowhere to be seen on radar; or you'd have to try logging in so many times ("Your avatar is already logged in..." errors) that the mob's health was mostly restored when you finally got back in;

-Robot invasions and such were so lagged out that if you happened to TP into the place where the invasion was happening, your computer would pretty much freeze...and if you were lucky and the area actually loaded, it was like watching a Powerpoint slideshow that got progressively worse until you were seeing only one final slide of the action going on;

-And so much more! Fun timez. :yay:

I'm just saying things are pretty good, relatively speaking, if the only lag issues are weapon-switching causing the gun to "get stuck" for a few seconds. You should've seen all the lag issues we dealt with over the years, not the least of which included:

-invisible mobs that are present on the server, but not on your radar or the player's side, so-to-speak; they could attack you but you'd be hard-pressed to shoot back;

-mobs that would suddenly rocket off into the horizon for no apparent reason when you were shooting it and your computer lost sync with the server;

-You'd be shooting a big mob and get lagged out, the mob would kill you (server-side) and when you re-logged, the mob would be nowhere to be found;

-You could shoot-and-run from many larger mobs, and spend a lot of ammo knocking it down to 10% health, suddenly get lagged out, and if you re-logged, the mob was nowhere to be seen on radar; or you'd have to try logging in so many times ("Your avatar is already logged in..." errors) that the mob's health was mostly restored when you finally got back in;

-Robot invasions and such were so lagged out that if you happened to TP into the place where the invasion was happening, your computer would pretty much freeze...and if you were lucky and the area actually loaded, it was like watching a Powerpoint slideshow that got progressively worse until you were seeing only one final slide of the action going on;

Over the years I have had all of the things you are taking about and know exactly what you are saying. It just seems now that it is worse than ever before to me. In times past and I mean not that long ago (3 or 4 months) I would go a whole day without hardly a lag (5-6 hours is my whole day). To me when MA did the "not disappearing mobs after looted" thing that was the start of this whole mess. It sure did start the little dancing around the dead mob thing !!!!

Things sucking in past isn't a great reason for things sucking currently to be taken as fine

Things sucking in past isn't a great reason for things sucking currently to be taken as fine

In the past, things sucked in a somewhat more creative manner.

In September 2013 (IIRC) there was an update (ironically branded as "stability update") that broke Calypso into two halves and you could not teleport from one to another. To get to the "other side" you had to walk across the server border into what looked like a gray goo and then relog. (I remember this because I had some pending business with someone on the other halfworld.)

What we get now? Just lag and some occasional rubberbanding. :laugh:

Things sucked a lot harder in the past than they suck now...the missed point being that it sure doesn't take much sucking these days to empty a glass of whine. :laugh:

EDIT: I actually unintentionally rhymed that. :yup:

In before claims of giving swedes the edge in this new solo event due to lag...

Oh wait.

Things sucked a lot harder in the past than they suck now...the missed point being that it sure doesn't take much sucking these days to empty a glass of whine. :laugh:

EDIT: I actually unintentionally rhymed that. :yup:

I still disagree things are worse now than from when I started in late 2007 to about 3 or 4 months ago IMO.

Back