Stoica Alina Alina
Lag its worse after this update , this MM will be a pain :scratch2:

Welcome to lagtropia universe

Specs to play this game is dial up on Commodore 64 for optimal lagness

no lag at all. no lag for weeks now.

So it's not so much affecting everyone.

no lag at all. no lag for weeks now.

So it's not so much affecting everyone.

The servers are in the Netherlands. Only people outside the Scandinavian are are affected. According to your bio you are in Netherlands, so no you won’t have lag.
But even worse the lag is geographically biased so some do lag while others don’t. At least it would be a level playing field if EVERYONE lagged.

The servers are in the Netherlands. Only people outside the Scandinavian are are affected. According to your bio you are in Netherlands, so no you won’t have lag.
But even worse the lag is geographically biased so some do lag while others don’t. At least it would be a level playing field if EVERYONE lagged.

Is it better if all lags??? :D

Damn I really have been procrastinating finishing the Deus Ex sequel too

It’s best if no one lags. But if holding events while MA knows there are problems with their servers/algorithms... which they obviously do because we had that comprehensive one question poll... it’s just greedy. Main prize was worth what $6,000 usd for Halloween? On an uneven playing field. And mayhem events will be fastest time... I’ve tried the batsim instances, I lag in them too.
I’d like to see you run your best mayhem time in Sweden then come to US and run your best time and how many minutes different it will be in current lag state.

The servers are in the Netherlands. Only people outside the Scandinavian are are affected. .

uhhh...Netherlands IS outside of the scandinavian :scratch2:

But I get your point ;)

Better well....

The problem is if we had the exact same gear and avatar it cost me more to play the game doing the exact same thing.

I can deal with losing peds when it's my fault but not when it's MAs

Don't think ppl like spending more to do the same thing and they most definitely can't do any events.

So will there be separate events for people that lag so it's fair and will MA reward us with the some of the Ped we hemorrhage because of something that is thier fault?

lag was never so bad I couldn't play. but ma did a survey so by now they should know that something needs to be done

No, it'd be not enough - a Handicapper General must also be selected who will oversee the game to ensure no one is smarter or has better memory or attention to detail etc. than others.

/sarc

interesting story. this exact mentality is what leads the western world to its inevitable demise nowadays

Since yesterday its unplayable for me and the lag is the worst i have seen since a long time.

im not from Netherlands or Scandinavian... im from EU, no lags in other zones for more than half year, some lag spikes at oil rig but sometimes... guys get normal ISP :p

im not from Netherlands or Scandinavian... im from EU, no lags in other zones for more than half year, some lag spikes at oil rig but sometimes... guys get normal ISP :p

Excuse me, I have a 100/50 Mbps fiber connection and everything but EU works perfectly. No lag, latency or jitter issues on anything but Entropia Universe.

I'm from Spain, so the "conspiracy against USA" theory is bullshit.

Most of my close friends ingame have the same problem I do. Atleast the ones that still log in... :(

COmpletely unplayable, yay.

Got lag and live in Sweden so :scratch2: And yes been worse after this updates etc

Deleted...….

Last edited:

At the blakshaah I am always the first to shoot the Boss mobs. That extra shot does help with loot.

Yes, especially in any game that has real-world profit & loss. As others stated, it's about having a level playing field. I wonder how you'd answer your own question if you happened to live anywhere other than the Netherlands? :dunce:

As others stated, it's about having a level playing field.

Yes, imbalance at a fundamental level annoys me no matter which way I am playing, so to speak.

I know it's been around and around and around, with MA saying they are doing stuff but people reporting it is just getting worse. It sounds like being stuck in quicksand - the more that is done (movement) the worse your position will be.
I also appreciate you shouldn't try and change a running system, so I don't particularly want to catch lag for myself like some infection by messing around.
However, for those WITH terrible lag, is there ANYTHING you can do to reduce the lag and does the lag haves 'waves' too that can hit mid-mob or whatever?
Does switching to safe mode change things at all (remember to note settings before if you have a personal setup)? Is it changing weaps/tools which is the biggest lagger and does it lag at service centres too? Does lag come in all flavours all at once (tool switch, auction lag, loot lag etc)?

Personally I don't experience very much lag. I used to often get some on weap switching and sometimes a poor connection time. For several vus now the switching has been smooth and I just get auction page lags etc which is not such a biggie.
Good luck all!!!
edit: oh, I've gathered that relogging sometimes helps some of you as if by magic. That's not an option for instance events if logout boots you, though (as stated for Mayhem)... unless you test and leave multiple times...

However, for those WITH terrible lag, is there ANYTHING you can do to reduce the lag and does the lag haves 'waves' too that can hit mid-mob or whatever?
Does switching to safe mode change things at all (remember to note settings before if you have a personal setup)?

It seems to me there are 2 kinds of lag. The kind that happens when you have graphics detail turned up and, for example, you look through the scope of your rifle across an area with a lot of vegetation; if shooting a mob in such an area, the mob and surroundings "stutter" a bit when moving your aim around. That kind of lag might well be reduced or eliminated by turning off all graphics options and lowering detail...or buying a newer computer with better components.

The other kind of lag is the kind we're all complaining about; that's the kind where weapon switching, bomb detonating, crafting attempts "gets stuck" for a few seconds. This is network lag, and doesn't matter how good your computer hardware or ISP is. It happens to pretty much everyone outside of Sweden/Netherlands, I'd guess. This is the kind of lag that costs money and results in reduced profits or increased losses. You could have a quad-core supercomputer with 32 GB of memory and the best video card money can buy, and you'd STILL have this lag.

I have no lag issues, apart from trying to restock my shop that MA screwed up last year when they fixed the booths on Caly and C. I live in England, so no its not geographically.

Yes, especially in any game that has real-world profit & loss. As others stated, it's about having a level playing field. I wonder how you'd answer your own question if you happened to live anywhere other than the Netherlands? :dunce:

You write everyday on the forum but do you ever think before pressing those buttons on your keyboard?? First of all I wasnt talking to you and secondly that stance is too far from me to even argue about and last of all I dont live in the netherlands.

You write everyday on the forum but do you ever think before pressing those buttons on your keyboard?? First of all I wasnt talking to you and secondly that stance is too far from me to even argue about and last of all I dont live in the netherlands.

Sweden, Netherlands...I think someone as bright as yourself can get the point many of us were trying to make.

If you post a comment or reply in a PUBLIC forum, you're also bright enough to understand that people MIGHT respond to it.

Sweden, Netherlands...I think someone as bright as yourself can get the point many of us were trying to make.

That Americans and Canadians don't know their European geography?:scratch2:

This is network lag, and doesn't matter how good your computer hardware or ISP is. It happens to pretty much everyone outside of Sweden/Netherlands, I'd guess.

Ok, so why do people playing other connected games internationally not have problems with those?
Now I don't know the answer, and am way short on 'expert knowledge', but different ports get used for different stuff as a sort of convention, don't they? Is there limited bandwidth which the 'Internet' puts on priority mode if possible? Something along the lines of your ISP will give certain ports priority if they stay low on throughput?

Is MA either trying to put too much less important stuff through too fast and clogging allocations or not using priorities right some other way?

It's just a thought from a non-expert. I don't mind being wrong about this if I am.... :dunce:

That Americans and Canadians don't know their European geography?:scratch2:

To be fair, the share of Americans who can name the capital of Slovakia is roughly similar to the share of Europeans who can name the state capitol of Idaho. :silly2:

Back