Bad news

this lag thing is really weird, I've got no lag with a crappy computer that can only play EU on safe mode/low...

however a lot of my friends can't play...can only say this needs to be fixed

I'm wondering if it's not really network lag at all - maybe it's something else that's poorly optimized in the code. Have others experiencing lag tried running the game with lower graphic setting (or safemode), disable the audio streaming and deleting the EU chat logs (they can get gigantic pretty quick).

I realize that many might argue that they "have supercomputers running face melting video cards so it should be able to run everything on max just fine". But quality of your hardware means nothing if their are problems with the code.

Personally when I get little waves of lag I notice that I can't shoot for a few moments then the game tries to catch up. But even during those the ping still shows 74 steady.

...disable the audio streaming and deleting the EU chat logs (they can get gigantic pretty quick).
I've disabled the audio streaming, yes.
I don't delete the EU chat logs but rename them with an increasing backup number. A new file then starts off from fresh whenever new chat, skills etc occurs.

That Americans and Canadians don't know their European geography?:scratch2:

From recent topics, people who said they were from the Netherlands and Sweden reported no lag issues. This isn't a question of my knowledge of geography, just an observation. The proximity of users with lag-free game experiences to MindArk's servers is the point that seems to have been lost on some forum members, evidently.

You would agree that Netherlands is much closer to Sweden than USA or Canada, yes?

I'm wondering if it's not really network lag at all - maybe it's something else that's poorly optimized in the code. Have others experiencing lag tried running the game with lower graphic setting (or safemode), disable the audio streaming and deleting the EU chat logs (they can get gigantic pretty quick).

I'm pretty sure poorly-optimized code is part of the problem; when has coding ever been a strong point with this game? :rolleyes: Unfortunately, problems with poorly-optimized coding are exacerbated and magnified when routing issues seem to exist in the underlying internet infrastructure.

Short story how bad the lag is for me:

Entered FFA
Spawned inside the instance somewhere in the air, took around 3min with nice rubberband animations to fall down and instantly die from fall damage.

At revive FAPed me to full health and tried to go down that ramp to start some shooting.
Somehow my avatar got teleported somewhere left of the ramp again in the air but not that high, another nice 1min rubberband animation to find the ground and finally stand there ready to shoot.
BUT: no mob in range
So I wanted to run towards on of the mobs, and guess what, every step lifted me into air, and another nice fall down rubberband animation.
After roughly 15min without beeing able to do anything then walking 1 step and falling down again and again, a mob came in range.
At this point I already decided not to take part in this lagfestival, let it kill me and left the instance without firing a single shot.

Thats great income for MA from my side, as it will be zero!

From recent topics, people who said they were from the Netherlands and Sweden reported no lag issues. This isn't a question of my knowledge of geography, just an observation. The proximity of users with lag-free game experiences to MindArk's servers is the point that seems to have been lost on some forum members, evidently.

You would agree that Netherlands is much closer to Sweden than USA or Canada, yes?

No there is number of people who live in Sweden and the Netherlands who are having problems with lag. There is a least one player from swedon who have lag issues on thread and many others from Europe on https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?299440-Fix-the-lag thread.

Back