Avatar's changing hands.... who are you actually dealing with?

Im still here since, se my siggi :ahh:
I would wellcome a easier way to sell my whole acount tho, if i would need to god forbid. But some day i might have to sadly.
And yea i must admit i dont know much about hos behind the avatars so i keep it simple and dont thrust anyone ;)
Cheers
Lazz

Still me loving this game

still the same since my arrival @new oxford anno ´06...still so young and unexperinced trying to figure out the game, given up on the whole whos who though!...:beerchug:

I also have my real name on my avatar, not toad ofc but the other 2 parts of it :)

Same here: MA should easily be able to match my ava name with my passport scan.

The one and only me since 2006.

I agree Danny O, with avatars changing hands, we don't know who we are dealing with. I know of Stryker from playing in Champions League when I first started, even doing a few hunts with him back then too. I didn't know his avatar has changed hands until recently. This is important not only with business/transaction dealings but social as well. Would you like to send someone in real life an email/message congratulating someone when it's not the person you thought but a total stranger on the other end?! I will unfriend the avatar now, with no shame on the person who owns it, but I don't have any history of dealing with them.

MA, if allowing these types of transactions to occur, needs to have the new owner create a new avatar name to prevent any confusion or worse.

attachment.php

Still operating same ava since 2004

Wistrel

we don't know who we are dealing with.

Unless you know them in real life, you still have no idea who your dealing with....even then, things can change.
This game is an addiction for some..if they need money and can't get it any other way, then friendships can easily be broken.

And on the internet, its easy enough to just create another you.

only avatar here, since 2011 and forever :)

not old and not so famous avatar... but the only one :)

I'm still me since PE went Gold early 2003.

From my point of view its rarther easy to find out that someone who u know for a lot of time is not behind the screen now and that avatar on ur FL is not the mate you where having business \ conversation before. Its in the manner of how person writes, what hes or her interests are, how the avatar moves and so on and so forth.

From my point of view its rarther easy to find out that someone who u know for a lot of time is not behind the screen now and that avatar on ur FL is not the mate you where having business \ conversation before. Its in the manner of how person writes, what hes or her interests are, how the avatar moves and so on and so forth.

This only works if you've known the ava in question b4 the trade.. rep of an ava doesn't only have to do with my personal dealings with an ava..

On a side note, you are correct.. w/o talking to stryker & just seeing him play I knew something was up

Still the same since creation 2006. Only my kids that played from time to time. But would be easy to tell if it aint was me Danny? gets very silent in chat;)

:yay:Still same since 2004

Just because I'm an old player (absolutely not well known:ahh::laugh:), always the same

Indeed... how could change an Highlander?

Mining skills didn't change a lot since then ROFL

DRM

Deleted...….

Last edited:
Deleted...….

Last edited:
Reactions: das
If you went quiet on the family chat, i would become suspicious :)

Master being quiet, does that happen?

Im so new to the game that I highly doubt my account would sell even if I tried :D

Its not hard to work out which avatars are the original players.....

On a side note, would be great if maybe some of the players from the games top societies like maybe the "House of gamers" popped a post on here to confirm they all original players?

:laugh: house of gamer is where the ghost avatars log I hear but never know :lolup::lolup:

Right because things in life don't happen to change the way people behave? Someone could have a breakdown or become depressed, the way they talk about things, their thoughts, the way they play, the actions they take, that can all change. They may not want to tell others about it. Also accidents can completely change the way someones personality is. I had a friend that was in a motorbike accident, he is not the same as he was before, the way he talks is not the same, its like someone took his personality and switched it with someone else. Someone who gets some sort of brain damage or someone going through chemotherapy can act quite different as well.

I'm not trying to defend people that have brought other avatars, it just seems that everyone on this forum is quick to make an accusation regarding anything without looking at the bigger picture of what could have happened.
Granted there are many things that would seem quite suspicious such as language change or if you noticed something on a stream or many of the other things posted in this thread. But to certainly say 100% that an avatar has changed hands, only MA would be able to confirm that.

Thankfully it is not up to the people on this forum to make decisions regarding avatars....otherwise there would only be a few people left playing this game.

Reactions: das
Deleted...….

Last edited:
Still me, since I started in 2005! :cool:

Right because things in life don't happen to change the way people behave? Someone could have a breakdown or become depressed, the way they talk about things, their thoughts, the way they play, the actions they take, that can all change. They may not want to tell others about it. Also accidents can completely change the way someones personality is. I had a friend that was in a motorbike accident, he is not the same as he was before, the way he talks is not the same, its like someone took his personality and switched it with someone else. Someone who gets some sort of brain damage or someone going through chemotherapy can act quite different as well.

I'm not trying to defend people that have brought other avatars, it just seems that everyone on this forum is quick to make an accusation regarding anything without looking at the bigger picture of what could have happened.
Granted there are many things that would seem quite suspicious such as language change or if you noticed something on a stream or many of the other things posted in this thread. But to certainly say 100% that an avatar has changed hands, only MA would be able to confirm that.

Thankfully it is not up to the people on this forum to make decisions regarding avatars....otherwise there would only be a few people left playing this game.

The thing is MA has stated more than once its against the rules for players to sell their avatars to another player. Players dont have problem with this per sa, but when MA says against the rules then it should be for all not the elite. Now when you have been interacting with someone for many years you get to know the players mannerisms and when that player acts different alarms will ring. As many have already stated reputation is an important part of this game especially among the elite its helpful to know if you are dealing with the same person that you interacted with for many years.

As many have already stated reputation is an important part of this game

I fully agree, but we the players are not the ones who get to decide if someone is who they say they are, there is no way any of us players can 100% prove that its a different person behind the avatar, unless the original owner says they sold it. If you believe someone sold their account, then gather all of your reasons, documentation,chats,screenshots, etc and send it to MA in a support case...they are the ones who have said its against the EULA to buy/sell accounts, they are also the ones who can ask for ID and look into the history of an account. They can also lock accounts until it is resolved.

The thing that we need to remember to ask ourselves is how would you like it if a whole group of people suddenly decided that you were not the same person behind your avatar? Yeah sure you can say whatever, it doesn't matter, or i have a whole bunch of people to back me up....but in reality, some people will just flat out decide to not trade with you because there is a chance that the group is right and your not who you say you are. They can just post in every forum thread that you reply in saying that what you say doesn't matter as your not the original. They can then say your just someones alt, or that your special friend to MA, etc, etc. They can kick you out of soc's just on the inkling that the group maybe right. Put you on KOS lists (mind you everyone is on one in PVP anyway). Some people wont care, others will be really hurt by it, especially if they spent a lot of time building up their rep...just to have it wrecked on something that can never be proved.

people would only assume something about an avatar if there was some reason in the first place to suspect.

I think you give too much credit to people....people will make assumptions out of thin air if it could benefit them in some way...or just to make themselves feel better or superior to someone else.

i was old when i started started in late 2002 now i'm old old ..original owner

Reactions: Ter
A bit late in to this thread, but yes, I started up and still run Joat alone. :)

Arrrgh someone else readed my mind and posted that im you.
I mean im me. This is confusing. I dunno who im anymore ...

Back