Avatar's changing hands.... who are you actually dealing with?

I fully get your point, its more a trust issue where i am coming from.

For example, there are certain upper level avatars trading quite high end items, with obviously quite a bit of money involved. A couple of years ago, this avatar could not put together 2 or 3 words of English, now he types in perfect English. Also, when i asked him about his sidekick from the old days, he didn't even know the name. I know for a fact that when his sidekick left the game, he imported all is skills..... yet the person i was speaking to didn't know anything about it...... this made me feel uneasy.

Also, a well known American avatar, no longer chats like a yank, and chats more as if he is a Lithuanian.......

So i assume he is now owned by the same Lithuanian group, that owns quite a few top avatars!

Totally, I know who you are talking about, and many who read this do.
For me it is about trust as well. Some old players that I would have lend gear to without a problem. But who knows who's behind the screen these days...
However the trust issue would be solved for me, when the bought (or fake lent) avatar name changes.

Deleted...….

Last edited:
Why are people trying to add another skill transfer system to the game when we already have one? The only problem is it is TOO cost prohibitive atm due to such a low drop rate of ESI. The only thing that should be added is a 'crude skill implant' that may be bought from TT which gives like 75% skills back instead of 90% like ESI so chipping out low value skills is useful.

Why are people trying to add another skill transfer system to the game when we already have one? The only problem is it is TOO cost prohibitive atm due to such a low drop rate of ESI. The only thing that should be added is a 'crude skill implant' that may be bought from TT which gives like 75% skills back instead of 90% like ESI so chipping out low value skills is useful.

this is actually not a bad suggestion, it could also just be a more common loot than ESI

Deleted...….

Last edited:
Hmmm - even though I put TheNun to a beauty sleep for some years, I got her back after Cyrene and well, it's still me ... :girl: a LOT of chipped our skills less, so very n00bish, but still blessed and praising the almighty Lootius :lolup::bowdown:

Still immersed in my same 'ol avatar since 2006. I have chipped out some skills a few times and had stopped playing much for a couple years but have been back playing more!

Hmmm - even though I put TheNun to a beauty sleep for some years, I got her back after Cyrene and well, it's still me ... :girl: a LOT of chipped our skills less, so very n00bish, but still blessed and praising the almighty Lootius :lolup::bowdown:
Always good to see you around Nun! :)

Hmmm... lets see... I can have the users type in all this data, or I can write a script and and upload it into the database all in one batch... oh what to do what to do... :computer:

Good idea, this would solve the problem, buy esi's from the tt machine... surprised MA not thought about that, they would get the money instead of the players looting the chips.

Yea because the game needs less markup items to drop to encourage more hunting and to make it easier for ppl to change faces.....

Still immersed in my same 'ol avatar since 2006. I have chipped out some skills a few times and had stopped playing much for a couple years but have been back playing more!

Always good to see you around Nun! :)

Thank you Toast, and you too :D Been a while - hope things are good?

Deleted...….

Last edited:
Didn't we all meet up in London a few years back?

Ahh sorry, no that must have been another Nun ;) But would have ben Fun :D

Deleted...….

Last edited:
Still the same Fronske behind the keyboard

Deleted...….

Last edited:
Ofc my account is the same as when it was made in 2001.

I do understand why people sell their avatars, considering MA made it as difficult as possible (-10%, ESI MU, drop rate) to skill transfer. The skill transfer system is basically the same as when Generic Skill Implants were introduced more than a decade ago.

I don't think however MA or anyone else can completely stop avatar transfers :)

Didn't we all meet up in London a few years back?

2007 if I remember correctly - I still have the minis sitting on my office desk :)
So yea, still the same owner here...

still rockin' - will celebrate 13th b-day next week

IvoL was born on 2004-12-22 and first spawned in Nymphtown - planning a wee celebration next week, perhaps try my luck at MM :tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:.

Still the same me at the keybaord (or tablet now actually) - although I have to admit there have been brief moments of co-operating[/I ] between me and the cat...

Still the original, wouldn't sell it but who would want mine ?
I just recently came back after a long break and found that several friends are no longer the same person.

Insignificant but still the same :cool:

Still the same noob shooting snables with my jester-d1 since 2004

I'm still the same old POS player that I always have been since 2006. Different forum account because I lost the email I had set up here and forgot the password to my original account. I miss the old days

Good thread DannyO!

Still the same old Zippo since late 2002.

I agree with many in this thread. We need to make it easier to transfer skills.

It has made it extremely confusing to interact with so many of the higher level players that i used to know.

Cheers to the Ex Cons, I remember you guys fondly!

Have had the same avatar all the time since 2006.

I know that many avatars have been sold over the years even when MA has said that it is forbidden but everyone knows it's empty talk.

None of your business

3zOptQT.jpg

I would imagine it's only a very small minority of the playerbase getting into the realms of 'changing hands'. My belief is that most players aren't afforded the opportunity or wouldn't want to do it anyway. Those that do may perhaps have different interests or motivations in mind of course - part of it, a lack of 'sentimental value' kinda thing.

Needless to say, I'm the same person behind Steveyneo.

Back