Avatar's changing hands.... who are you actually dealing with?

Can't they just ask for a copy of your ID like they allready do?
So if it is the case that people were actually able to sell their ava, and those so supposedly new owners could withdraw money from it, wouldn't MA then not be on that same team? :scratch2:

Can't remeber I have ever showed any copy of any ID. Problem is that you can buy an avatar, make money with it, transfer the money to your real avatar and withdraw the money from that one. But if you do a "yearly" check that an avatar is still controlled by the orginal creator and owner it will only work for one year before it will be cought and locked.

I was talking to someone about old societies, and I wonder how many off the old Riga players are still using there original avatars today?

Don't know what you mean with "the old Riga players" but I'm from Riga. Started to play PE in June, 2005 in Port Atlantis and joined the "LV Army" society. Was a casual player with long breaks till 2009. Then I left after the CryEngine 2.0 was introduced, completely altering the old map. I though the game is dying at that time because there were only a few places with people around. Reactivated my original avatar in August, 2017 only to find out the game is far from dead; actually I like it now; regret having so long a break - could had bought the CLD's for their original price :)

As regards to the question - c'mon, the game is 15 years old now and counting. You can't assure there won't be account sales in that a long period. People marry, get kids, change jobs - only the most loyal would have not changed their priorities how they spend their free time in such a long period. And an uber avatar on EU can be tens of thousands of $ in value by now. I don't blame people who had traded avatars (with few conditions - don't pretend to be the old owner and don't cheat others using your old reputation). I wouldn't but I'm sentimental.

P.S. What is that "Lithuanian mafia" someone has mentioned in this forum? What are their goals and numbers?

The next thing we will see are very rare avatar owner change tokens. you need 50 000 token for change a ava. :ahh:

If you kill a sandking, maybe one token in loot :)

It's still me playing the avatar Spin Rep Pitt since 2000's

and i suggest a new option for avatar name change with the information of old avatar names shown to the public and on limited time period and/or cycle.

Last edited:
I pray for the dat one day will be able to withdraw skills from ESI bought from the TT, thered be no more reason to buy an avatar, skills would be traded around much easier and would probably increase overall ped Cycle, becauss retired players with all their skills are just wasting it, while someone could actually buy them all IF the above was true. And cycle way more ped in the process.

I pray for the dat one day will be able to withdraw skills from ESI bought from the TT, thered be no more reason to buy an avatar, skills would be traded around much easier and would probably increase overall ped Cycle, becauss retired players with all their skills are just wasting it, while someone could actually buy them all IF the above was true. And cycle way more ped in the process.

The main problem is, those ubers love to loot ESI's & sell them for +1k%, till they have to buy them theirselves.. then they just sell the ava.. fucking hypocrits

As regards to the question - c'mon, the game is 15 years old now and counting. You can't assure there won't be account sales in that a long period.

To interagate with other people, you're supposed to be one person, and the same over time. If you don't have time for Entropia, you're supposed to still keep your avatar but possibly sell the assets you don't need anymore.

Or if you Think of it IRL: What if you were a boss, and suddently one of your employees look very different and 10 years younger? And when you ask him, he said "his wife got pregnant and now he have kids, he don't have time for this job and old businesses, so we swapped identities. Now I'm him."

I saw in Another thread about Another game where it was a question with who someone was. One of the things mentioned was "in that game there was lifetime accounts and I sold my lifetime account to Another player", as if it was acceptable. I doubt that the game management would approve of that, that it was a blatant breach of terms in that game (as most mmorpgs prohibit account transfership without permission). And if breaking that rule in that game it's not unlikely that person would break some rule they don't like in *this* game.

P.S. What is that "Lithuanian mafia" someone has mentioned in this forum? What are their goals and numbers?

I Think (guess) what he refers to is the former team "Zverys".

I am sorry but I did not read all 15 pages to see if this question has been asked but I was under the understanding that you can not sell your avatar. It violates the TOU. Am I mistaken ?

My only problem with these sales is that the ava keeps the old name. Name should be changed and FL deleted. Is just too much space left for f'ups.

Still same old avatar for me... although I rarely play the game now and would rather sell everything on it :D

Still me, although I took a break and when I came back, I played my old gf's account for a while to see what it was like to be a newb again... Hey they shut down that account for not playing I guess :>

Avatar with some skills, a barber shop and a land area .... wonder what I could get if I sold :>

MA hasn't tried to block this?

To the disdain of many, I haven't OD'ed yet, and it is still me.

I am still the same one also:) Would someone please confirm that you can sell you avatar or are just talking about selling skills ?

I am still the same one also:) Would someone please confirm that you can sell you avatar or are just talking about selling skills ?

You are still not officially allowed to sell your avatar.

And yes, it’s still me, for over 12 years now.
@DannyO, met you and Corby in London in 2006 (or was it 2007?) and is Wednesday night still curry night? :laugh:

BruuD has been played by a close RL friend for a while last year, but that is not the case anymore (he couldn’t stand the losses anymore, for some reason I still can...)

Yes..

My only problem with these sales is that the ava keeps the old name. Name should be changed and FL deleted. Is just too much space left for f'ups.

I agree with this..A nice 'clean sweep' of in game of old stuff and registry with old names or abandoned should be expelled. Just keeping it tidy really.

Still the same old Kitty here, 12 years next month.

Reactions: das
You are still not officially allowed to sell your avatar.

And yes, it’s still me, for over 12 years now.
@DannyO, met you and Corby in London in 2006 (or was it 2007?) and is Wednesday night still curry night? :laugh:

BruuD has been played by a close RL friend for a while last year, but that is not the case anymore (he couldn’t stand the losses anymore, for some reason I still can...)

You have me confused with someone else I have never been to London.

You have me confused with someone else I have never been to London.

Hence the @DannyO part in my sentence :laugh:
It was directed at him as he started this thread.

Actualdeal? Anyone

Been playing myself, but now with load in RL increase, would sell Avatar to "harvest" as MA promoted...

And enjoy noobs life

Or those are urban Legends.... actual Avatar Sales......

Resnis
PM me offers(215k SP, 175HP)

Deleted...….

Last edited:
The blind eye thing is BS because MA won't let us change avatar names "to maintain ingame reputation" bla bla bla...

I'm in the same boat as Smilgs, I am original owner of this avatar, but I hire a grinder to hunt and I disclose that publicly.
You can tell when I have the grinder active because I'll be "Freelancer", I'm only in Dark Knights -Squires when my avatar is secured to my access only.

I am confused how does this work? I thought it was against the Tou to let anyone else play your Avatar? How does hiring hunter or grinders work? Kinda confused on the whole thing. How does it switch your society like is this a common thing that ppl have grinders playing?

I am confused how does this work? I thought it was against the Tou to let anyone else play your Avatar? How does hiring hunter or grinders work? Kinda confused on the whole thing. How does it switch your society like is this a common thing that ppl have grinders playing?

I sent a support case about a year ago asking MindArk if it would be against the EULA to hire people to grind for me, and they basically said "it's not against the EULA, but we really really don't recommend it and if you lose all your items we're not going to chase them down for you. Do so at your own risk". So not against the rules, just advised against.
As such, I only hire people I know and trust well enough to stake my reputation on - and I give everyone a heads up that my avatar as not secured.
The society/freelance thing is just a Dark Knights thing. Dark Knights is a very old and reputable society, and they don't want the society's reputation at risk because someone's avatar is not secured. As such, if your avatar is not secured you must leave the society until it is secured again.

I sent a support case about a year ago asking MindArk if it would be against the EULA to hire people to grind for me, and they basically said "it's not against the EULA, but we really really don't recommend it and if you lose all your items we're not going to chase them down for you. Do so at your own risk". So not against the rules, just advised against.
As such, I only hire people I know and trust well enough to stake my reputation on - and I give everyone a heads up that my avatar as not secured.
The society/freelance thing is just a Dark Knights thing. Dark Knights is a very old and reputable society, and they don't want the society's reputation at risk because someone's avatar is not secured. As such, if your avatar is not secured you must leave the society until it is secured again.

Ok thanks for the quick response :D Just been seeing this done through the forums and had to ask cause I didn't think anyone was really doing this and when you acquire Uber skills and items I would be massively concerned with losing them.

So you pay these hunters like a service then? They hunt for X amount of hours or missions you don't want to do?

When I see Smilgs saying looking for shooters if "anyone" is interested. It seemed like he hired "anyone" who was interested and I am sure he has a lot to lose in doing this service if it wasn't protected? So seems super risky and the way it's been worded is that there is "NO" risk because nothing can happen. So was trying to understand all the logistics of it. Then your society changing to freelancer was throwing me off too.

Are many of the top players having grinders play while they are at work or sleeping?

Not the girl I used to be.

I've come across a few long term 'friends' returning to game who might as well be strangers since they don't quite remember me.
Maybe it's because I've had a body sculptor rebuild me into something so well worth ravishing now :D
Maybe my ava has evolved out of the social circles of the past with different interests unable to relate to the 'friends' of the past?
hmmm maybe my mind is devolving to the point I'm the one who doesn't remember others?

Ok thanks for the quick response :D Just been seeing this done through the forums and had to ask cause I didn't think anyone was really doing this and when you acquire Uber skills and items I would be massively concerned with losing them.

So you pay these hunters like a service then? They hunt for X amount of hours or missions you don't want to do?

When I see Smilgs saying looking for shooters if "anyone" is interested. It seemed like he hired "anyone" who was interested and I am sure he has a lot to lose in doing this service if it wasn't protected? So seems super risky and the way it's been worded is that there is "NO" risk because nothing can happen. So was trying to understand all the logistics of it. Then your society changing to freelancer was throwing me off too.

Are many of the top players having grinders play while they are at work or sleeping?

I don't know how Smilgs does it, and I can't speak for top players as I myself am mid level, but I started by hiring someone in another country where the cost of living was significantly lower and so I was able to hire for a flat hourly rate and it was enough to sustain them as a living wage. However, due to the inherent risk of allowing someone I don't know in real life to play on my avatar I kept the avatar value very low. With my current setup (much more valuable gear) I am working with people I know in real life who grind on a laptop while they are at work (I'll make a video on "tab hunting" some time so you can see how).
I would certainly never say there is "no risk", as there is risk any time you allow someone else to have access to your account - thus why I now only allow access by people I know very well.

When you say "Secure Avatar" you mean that no others have assess to your account, correct ?

Back