Avatar's changing hands.... who are you actually dealing with?

I have to admit I find it very interesting seeing the responses in this thread as I have myself asked MA through a support case about the question of playing another persons avatar or them playing mine for the purposes of grinding and hunting and have been explicitly told that it is against the EULA and would result in both my and their accounts being banned.

Would be nice for MA to have a single and consistent rule for this type of arrangement.

I have to admit I find it very interesting seeing the responses in this thread as I have myself asked MA through a support case about the question of playing another persons avatar or them playing mine for the purposes of grinding and hunting and have been explicitly told that it is against the EULA and would result in both my and their accounts being banned.

Would be nice for MA to have a single and consistent rule for this type of arrangement.

They may have updated their EULA since I sent my support case, I suppose I should probably check.

Edit; here it is....

"You agree to accept personal liability for all actions that occur through Your Account or through the use of Your Login Details, whether done by You or by someone else using Your Account and/or Login Details. You must notify MindArk immediately if You suspect a breach of security or unauthorized use of Your Account and/or Your Login Details. You agree to hold MindArk free from liability for any improper or illegal use of Your Account. This includes illegal or improper use by someone to whom You have given permission to use Your Account. The terms of this agreement shall extend to anyone else using Your Account.
If You should happen to willfully or otherwise reveal Your Login Details, You have relinquished Your right to any assistance regarding the possible outcomes or consequences of Your actions. Your Account may be Banned and/or Terminated if You let someone else use it inappropriately or not in compliance with this paragraph 3."

So either support are terrible and don’t know their own EULA or somewhere buried in there it states something to the effect that playing another participant avatar is either illegal or improper.

Yea this thread has been great and thanks Captain Jack for your responses clearing this up. I think many of us all thought you could never share an account because then you could just play 24hrs a day. Guess my grinding alone will only get so far then haha. Gonna be hard to catch up to everyone looks like. :laugh:

Side note MA don't care about different ISP using the acct then and that doesn't send a red flag?

Also curious how Smilgs hires his shooters ?

Guess my grinding alone will only get so far then haha. Gonna be hard to catch up to everyone looks like. :laugh:

That's exactly why I started doing it mate. I have a wife and kids now, I can't play like I could in '06 and had many hours of the day to myself. I don't enjoy grinding, I enjoy team hunting and events - and grinding is a necessary part of keeping up with my friends ingame. As such, since I don't have the time, I outsource it.

That being said, if MindArk changes their stance and makes it illegal, I will stop. I don't condone breaking the rules.

I find it interesting that they would not take the old "We can't talk about the game" thing for either you or capt. Jack. Very frankly its not because support is not allowed it's because they don't have a clue about the game or much else IMO. The proof is that they tell you one thing and Jack another in complete contradiction to each other. About the best they can do is forward everything to someone else and that is like the blind leading the blind IMO. There are those that keep saying "They will get it right just need a little time" Well its been what 14 years so far and at that rate we won't make it this century :eyecrazy:

Still around and original since 2005....

Still original here. Logged in for the first time in a long time, today.

Bump for a relevant thread :D

Still alive and kickin' since November 2002 (Commercial Open Trial). Original avatar of course!

Last edited:
An avatar in the game not only builds up skills but also a reputation, so do you actually know if you are dealing with the original person these days?

After the recent thread I'm not sure anymore about OP. :scratch2:

An avatar in the game not only builds up skills but also a reputation, so do you actually know if you are dealing with the original person these days?

Its well known that a lot of the top hunter avatars have been sold and are now played by other people..... some avatars that's were American owned, now chat as if they are Eastern European, some avatars could not write two words of English correctly, now typing in perfect English.........

It all stared i guess when Neomaven (Jason) bought Vixen.

I have recently had some experiences in game and i was wondering how many people are still playing their first created avatar....

Lets get some transparency back in the game......

Please post a reply if you are still playing your first created avatar..... or maybe message me, the name of an avatar you know has been sold and i can forward it onto MA to ask for their comments...

Still the same ... btw you did not answered my PM past week :)

Back