Help: How should i focus my grinding?

Bender

Old
Society
TuSaLuSa
Rui Bender RT
Hello Colonists,

i come here by to ask for your opinions and advices

atm my setup consits in ar-matrix lr25+a104+extender p15 to tag (3 or 4 shots) then swap to adj maddox iv+beast+bullseye8+longreach4+extender p20 and im using young argonaut claw (L) as finisher.

here's my concerns:

1 - extender seems useful for L weapons, speacially with nice mu, but since it increases efficiency im using on adj maddox iv too.
2 - longreach4 + bullseye 8 decrease significally dpp but increases efficiency.
3 - some of the mobs i grind atm, get killed really fast, even without overkilling, is there any chance i suffer some penalization?

With loot 2.0, returns are calculated based on cost per kill, still i would like to hear ur opinions, should i focus on DPP, or focus on efficiency and thus increasing cost per kill??

main goal is to have better avg return as possible on the middle-long term.

thanks in advance!

Hello Colonists,

i come here by to ask for your opinions and advices

atm my setup consits in ar-matrix lr25+a104+extender p15 to tag (3 or 4 shots) then swap to adj maddox iv+beast+bullseye8+longreach4+extender p20 and im using young argonaut claw (L) as finisher.

here's my concerns:

1 - extender seems useful for L weapons, speacially with nice mu, but since it increases efficiency im using on adj maddox iv too.
2 - longreach4 + bullseye 8 decrease significally dpp but increases efficiency.
3 - some of the mobs i grind atm, get killed really fast, even without overkilling, is there any chance i suffer some penalization?

With loot 2.0, returns are calculated based on cost per kill, still i would like to hear ur opinions, should i focus on DPP, or focus on efficiency and thus increasing cost per kill??

main goal is to have better avg return as possible on the middle-long term.

thanks in advance!

Don't use the extender on an unlimited weapon...your paying needless MU...the small efficiency will not make up for it.

Don't use the extender on an unlimited weapon...your paying needless MU...the small efficiency will not make up for it.

"You must spread more reputation around before bla...bla...bla..."

1. Agreed. Adj Maddox is great, but any benefit gained from the extender is outweighed by the markup.
2. From what I understand of MA's statements, efficiency will give a max of 7% higher TT returns while DPP influences your loot table. So this really depends on what you're hunting. If you're grinding atrox or some other TT food mob, go for full efficiency and max out your TT returns. If you're hunting aurli, formicacida, hogglo, or other mobs that drop decent markup then go for DPP so you loot more markup and less shrapnel.
3. Yes. I conducted a test on over 5,000 kills of Bristlehogs with minimal final shot overkill. However, it seems that MA counts "overkill" as a DPS ratio rather than final shot method, and there does appear to be a penalty. I was getting 89% average TT returns on them, despite doing very good DPP. Now, hunting a mob with 1200 HP I am getting a LOT of bonus loots, which is yielding unusually high TT returns - and the mob of choice drops a lot of markup as well leading to a very effective mob to grind long term with minimal losses (I currently show substantial profit on them, but I don't expect these spectacular returns to last long term an will likely fall below 100% again).

To win in loot 2.0, I believe you have to focus on a combination of markup and bonus loots. You need to find a mob that is well matched to your DPS to loot a lot of bonus loots to bring your TT close to 97%, and then have markup make the difference to push you beyond 100%.

Last edited:
Back