Is this a good idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tournament Spon

Guardian
Society
freelancer
Rick TheVictor Hypercharged
The way esi works currently is kind of crazy.

The way new players come into the game and put money into their avatar and then only way to get value out of avatar is kind of crazy if they decide it does not work out to them.

Let's make this more attractive for new people looking to try the game.

Let's make this better for the economy by allowing more trading to occur.

Let's make this better for MA by generating more decay! YEA!

Let's make the game more accessible for players of ALL levels!

How do we do it?

Skills no longer are gained by your avatar while conducting hunts. Instead the skills are a new loot event. (WOO MORE LOOT!) What I mean by this is allow us to loot pills that grant skill gains that are fully tradeable. It will allow avatars of ANY level to compete in MM events or events of this nature going forward without the fear of having to chip out mid event to stay in the right cat/ be disqualified. Make all these pills trade able and give TT value. Or if they are not pills make them stackable chip item like shrapnel that you convert to skill by using a tool from the TT.

Leave ESI in the game, but now instead ESI is for players looking to quit the game, allow players to chip out the skill into the stackable skill shrapnel or into pills. ESI using players looking to quit most likely will result in final injection of peds into economy by these players and some decay to MA as the skill shrapnel or pills are generated.

It will also allow ppl to continue playing the game and farming skill as they work to quit without locking the new skills to the avatar which will encourage people to play to the very end or at least not penalize them giving MA maximum decay from each participant for as long as possible!

Last edited:
The way esi works currently is kind of crazy.

The way new players come into the game and put money into their avatar and then only way to get value out of avatar is kind of crazy if they decide it does not work out to them.

Let's make this more attractive for new people looking to try the game.

Let's make this better for the economy by allowing more trading to occur.

Let's make this better for MA by generating more decay! YEA!

Let's make the game more accessible for players of ALL levels!

I fail to see how this would it be more attractive for new players.
New players have no clue about how to extract skills anyways so that can hardly be an incentive for new players to start playing entropia.

I fail to see how this would allow more trading.

I fail to see how this would create more decay in comparison to the wasted TT value of ESI's.
As it is now skill transfer has HUGE "decay" since a massive amount of ped is destroyed when using ESI's.

And I fail to see how it would become more accessible for players.

But hey, people thought Einstein was crazy, so probably I'm totally wrong and you are a genius. :rolleyes:

Why not simply put ESI's in trade terminal instead in loot to make them more accesible?
Maybe at the costs of less transfer 50% instead of 90% for example.

I'm getting to old for all these constant revamping of systems.

way to make the poll options biased towards your opinion

I fail to see how this would it be more attractive for new players.
New players have no clue about how to extract skills anyways so that can hardly be an incentive for new players to start playing entropia.

Reply: Skills do not become trapped in the avatar and can be traded and resold to others right off the bat, it will cause new player experience to last longer and instead of locking that value into an avatar and destroying it the skill will flow into the economy if they decide to quit because most will take out all skill and keep hunting to try to hit that 8k kerb

I fail to see how this would allow more trading.
Reply:
if everyone received their skills in item form and could trade them freely as they gained them.... idk how you don't understand this.

I fail to see how this would create more decay in comparison to the wasted TT value of ESI's.
As it is now skill transfer has HUGE "decay" since a massive amount of ped is destroyed when using ESI's.
Reply:
I will leave it up to MA to spread sheet how inserting looted skills/converting existing to loot shrapnel or pills causes decay, maybe new profession even : SKILL CRAFTING!

And I fail to see how it would become more accessible for players.
Reply:
again the looting of skill would extend new player experience if they are selling certain skills as well as you could try all aspects of the game without locking skill into something you just want to try: i.e. taming or mining maybe you just want to take a small finder or whip and test it out. You can test ANYTHING and EVERYTHING and get your value out without insane ESI loss

But hey, people thought Einstein was crazy, so probably I'm totally wrong and you are a genius. :rolleyes:
Reply:
I am a genius.

Why not simply put ESI's in trade terminal instead in loot to make them more accesible?
Maybe at the costs of less transfer 50% instead of 90% for example.
Reply:
Because removing more high markup items from loot is a horrible idea for the game especially in its current state, high level players with tons of skill will still want ESI to get the value of their skills out while new players may not want to pay what is essentially 900% mu on the skills they are getting.... easier to trade skills... easier to manage competing in events....more noobs able to cycle longer if they elect to sell certain skills....maybe some mentors will want certain skills and will buy specific ones off disciples.... this opens up more opportunity for new players with extended potential in new player experience.

I'm getting to old for all these constant revamping of systems.
Reply:
Adapt or die.

Do you get it now Wiz? :)

I think the ESI could stay in the game for those who are selling out.

But for current players who may want to 'adjust' their skill distribution there should be a Skill Respec Terminal (SRT)

At the SRT you can use sliders to adjust your skills.

Move your handgun skill down and your rifle up.

Move your LWT down and your Evade up.

Of course MA knows the formula for skill gain so 1000 LWT would not equal 1000 Evade.

The cost of this would be a 10% loss of the skills adjusted.

The benefits of this are:

1. It allows players to customize their avatar based on their current play style without buying costly ESIs.

2. If widely used, it would greatly reduce the amount of overall skills (due to the 10% loss) thereby reducing supply. This should increase the value of skills that are sold by players cashing out.

3. Players may be encouraged to try alternative play styles (carbine hunters might try mindforce) because they know they can convert those skills to their primary profession at a later time.

Since it wasn't an option in the poll....

No.

The easy solution is just to increase droprate of ESI so markup drops ALOT, MU should be in skills, not the item to transfer them.

don't fuck up the skill system, it's EU's greatest drawing point for me

Wasn't an option for hell No

I play this game to skill doing the activities I do. If that changed i would look for a new game.

At the end of the day, when you are out of bankroll, your items are devalued to shit, and you finally notice that your spouse left you years ago, you still can look at your skills and feel that you achieved something after all. While technically anyone can chip up to uberness overnight, it's so cost prohibitive that doesn't happen too often. Skills still have value, even if not monetary one.

Also from the game's point of view (which you can't ignore because many things that appear to be a flaw are there by design), the current system where the skills are hard to acquire and hard to get rid of without massive losses is exactly what keeps people around when everything else fails to, and makes them to eventually come back from the "breaks".

I think the ESI could stay in the game for those who are selling out.

But for current players who may want to 'adjust' their skill distribution there should be a Skill Respec Terminal (SRT)

At the SRT you can use sliders to adjust your skills.

Move your handgun skill down and your rifle up.

Move your LWT down and your Evade up.

Of course MA knows the formula for skill gain so 1000 LWT would not equal 1000 Evade.

The cost of this would be a 10% loss of the skills adjusted.

The benefits of this are:

1. It allows players to customize their avatar based on their current play style without buying costly ESIs.

2. If widely used, it would greatly reduce the amount of overall skills (due to the 10% loss) thereby reducing supply. This should increase the value of skills that are sold by players cashing out.

3. Players may be encouraged to try alternative play styles (carbine hunters might try mindforce) because they know they can convert those skills to their primary profession at a later time.

Until someone finds a loophole that breaks the system through creative tweaking, in a way that was unintended, and everyone becomes level 200 in a week.

Until someone finds a loophole that breaks the system through creative tweaking, in a way that was unintended, and everyone becomes level 200 in a week.

Like moving all the skill from handgun into rifle, then using all the cheap near tt sib weapons and repeating the process. The 10% transfer loss would be more than compensated with the reduced cost on markup of gear.

As the for the OP. I can see it now thousands of new accounts being made, most likely "family members" of existing players, to farm the skill pills at the lower levels where it's cheaper to skill.

Stupid idea, NO thanks!

Just buy the Bitcoin dips and win. EZ game.

Dorki likes to punish himself. Dorki wants avatar skills to be TTable :D Dorki does not want any pills or any of that sh*t though :) :eyecrazy:

Back