Lag from playing other games.

Chasemlb

Young
I have the same lag issues as others living in the U.S., but I have a friend who plays Rocket League on the same internet connection and the second I join EU their ping goes from 10ms to 500+ making it utterly unplayable... I have tried changing routing ports to see if that would change anything but it doesn't... Meanwhile i could have 10+ different streams while playing hearthstones or any other game and online game and the ping on Rocket League has no effect. I have 60mb down 10mb up and for whatever reason it only effects Rocket League (games like PubG runs just fine).. I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions that I could try to fix this.. My ping in EU is constantly 100-150 ms which is probably right since the servers are in the Netherlands. The computers aren't the problems both have 7700ks overclocked to 4.6ghz 16 gb ddr 4 3200, gtx 1080s.... both plugged in on gigabit connections... I have tried almost everything... it is pretty aggravating..

Wow that seems really weird that you playing EU could affect the ping for someone else on a different machine. I'm in Canada and when I'm running EU I typically get a ping of 74 and the network utilization on my machine is never really more than 0.1mbps.

Only thing I could think of is your router/switch having issues or possibly some weird packet collision issues what ports do EU and rocket league use? are they the same?

I have the ports opened from what EU has on their website (Ports 20,21, 30584 and 30583) and on the other machine I have the specified ports opened (7000 – 9000 UDP)... Yeah network utilization only shows .1 mbps for me as well when I have EU running

I have the same lag issues as others living in the U.S., but I have a friend who plays Rocket League on the same internet connection and the second I join EU their ping goes from 10ms to 500+ making it utterly unplayable... I have tried changing routing ports to see if that would change anything but it doesn't... Meanwhile i could have 10+ different streams while playing hearthstones or any other game and online game and the ping on Rocket League has no effect.

A bit of a coincidence, but I was thinking about the lag topic here and wondering about ports. I find it interesting that a parallel computer on the same connection can suddenly get a slowed down connection when EU runs. Maybe it is indeed to do with forcing data down a priority port and blocking it? (Still only an idea and still only maybe worth following up on...)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...439-Bad-news&p=3620193&viewfull=1#post3620193

Has anyone analyzed how much packet traffic in volume Entropia produces? That is the one thing that will always cripple Entropia because of everything being server side. Volume is very important (more than size) when it comes to these network routers, especially those that have any kind of intelligence in them as they are sensitive to the idea of being DDOS'd.

Many years ago when I had 4 servers running in my home to host the game I wrote, the forum I had running was being spidered by a bot and it found a vulnerability (forumBB) and it kept sending emails. All that traffic choked my network router in a similar manner.

Perhaps Entropia has reached the limit of volume of packets (because of all the information) that residential routers can handle - entropia is in fact very chatty under the hood.

Back