Merry Mayhem 2017 Full Details

Merry Tokenham! :yay:

xxx PurpleRain xxx
Merry Daikiba 03 13 190 PED

:laugh:

FFA instanes are unplayable as i write this, you cant move around properly you keep teleporting around if you try to do something even trying to reach the exit is near impossible.

Solo seems fine

No problems with either of them here, but sucks!

Merry Mayhem 2017 Full Details -> should be placed to "Merry Mayhem 2017 Detaisl withour real prize values (ND copy paste)" Blind challange

grrrrr

MA really did not think this through well enough.

The HP cap really screws over all the PVP'ersr.

PVP'ers work very hard to max out HP, totally in disregard of profession level. Example is working hard to get space pilot skills, or treasure hunter skills, mining skills, crafting skills, etc. None of these skills help in this event but all add up more HP thus placing PVP'ers out of the event categories....

This event is based on profession level, higher profession level the better dps weapons you can use and thus place better in event. So why did MA make it based on HP????

They even had a system in place that had categories based on profession levels, why did they change that???

Anyways, wish MA thought this over a little better...

You need 2 legs in order to compete with usain bolt, it doesn't mean you have the remaining qualities to beat him.
You can win with a tier9 too but what's the other qualities you have over the ones with a tier10?
Judging by your silly question none.
Try some more kerberos if competition is not for you.

Dude you feel so superior, you should move to the moon so you can shine on all! BTW when you do go, please don't come back. & take your extra players + alt with you if you have the money for it!

Apparently 98.0 max dps means max is actually 97.9, cant equip my 98.0 gun in 98.0 "max"

somehow I cant get the merry snarg mission.

Santa's helper at TP only points me towards the FFA locations.
And the helper near the gate doesnt react at all.

Can it be that if you've done it last year you cant do it now???

*Edit*

I guess you can open the mission after you've finished it.
It's in my completed mission list from last year.

Nice going MA!

Last edited:
This Event is...well,it is very very different from all what we have seen before in EU (solo event)
HP/DPS limitations are one of best things MA has done in last years,that is for sure!!
Lag, yes i was laging in solo,but since best time wins,if u are going for win,wait for that one day with less lag possible and go go go,the rest of the time hunt at ease.
Good Job MA very good!!
P.S.
Fix the lag please,u said u listen :laugh:

Event is different for sure, but I wont even bother after the 1st run in 08.
I got 33 mins and that's running backwards to every mob with max speed buff( avoiding the slow effect),tagging, t10 gun at 150+ dps, arson t7 on top, never stopping to heal,2% lifesteal, stacking more than one to prevent a lost shot, 4% focus blow, max crit, max reload, killing the mobs faster than they are spread apart, and the best time shown is 18 mins. I could be generous and say that I could maybe shave 10 minutes off my 33 mins at best, but lag would certainly not let me get under 20.

I took a full month off to see if they would fix the lag and still issues for me, so unfortunately I will be done with my favorite game ever. Hopefully someone without lag issues is lucky enough to get my setup which even with lag runs profitable. But my sanity while playing has overrun the profitability of the setup.

I like to compare the top of the hogs to the infamous Riga Team top (if anyone remembers them) as I had the "pleasure" to be in both socs. The same level of arrogance, superiority and distortion of moral guidelines. Riga team lacked only the proper links to MA otherwise they would still be around likely.
Don't get me wrong, both were/are great at the game and making social connections, similar as they say sociopaths make the the best ceo's.
Dude you feel so superior, you should move to the moon so you can shine on all! BTW when you do go, please don't come back. & take your extra players + alt with you if you have the money for it!

Reactions: jak
Except the lags, have to say the new event system and the new instance is very nice, good job MA.

M Token drop rate in FFA is crappy from my experience

I like this event :))

Very funny !

About Mayhem Strongbox, there is any advice like other years, for what we can find inside ?

That 1 minute with Hogglo seems to be bugged or something, had several now that ends after 10-15sec.

to people who have not entered yet, here a few observations:

in the solo there is no repair or tt - so keep an eye on decay and how long you can keep up the fight in one go.

in the solo I got massive lag and baddish terrain rubber banding heading to the right from the entrance to the mob, but no problems going around to the left. This is twice now on two different computers, so what the blazes have you done there MA? - honestly, tut tut...

in the FFA I personally have had no lag so far, but others have been reportedly unplayable...

I removed the mission counter view when out of the solo - and now the missions refuse to show properly, but at least I know my counters from the other info presented...

oh, and it's not very Christmassy....

Apart from that, well... gl to you folks getting a decent experience out of it - I've got a few Xmas boxes to sell, so that's the new mu!!!

I like the setup.. and mobs are easier than expected.. Too bad killing the hispidus doesnt always give access to the hogglo. I am not competing anyway, just a tourist. So skipping the hogglo if I do another run. +400 on the first run before I got bored.
The rubberbanding feels like entropia pre cryengine, I could jump so high, into the sky.. and never land..
I can imagine some of the usual suspect will have a hard time with this lag and rubberbanding..

print_screen_2017-12-16_0-56-59.jpg

I love this iteration of Merry Mayhem. Way better in terms of fairness and fun compared to previous Mayhem type events.

Hi!

Merry Mayhem is still a Calypso event and activity counts towards CLD revenue. Avatars from other planets count as being on Calypso while they are in the solo instance, exiting the instance returns the avatar back to where they entered from.

The FFA instances can only be entered by talking to a Santa's Little Helper on Calypso, just like previously.

None of the Mayhem Tokens are lootable in PvP :) However the FFA Stars are.

Thank you very much for the reply. I guess this is positive for all parties and doesn't take away from other planets, rather the opposite as it allows you to stay put most of the time. Might have some side effects regarding loot transfer across the planets though very few would moan about it I guess. One can see a lot of thought and feedback went into the new event setup. Thank you.

I did the solo from ark and have to say it was very very laggy for me with a high end gaming desktop. Also what's up with the 1 minute timer where we can attack hogglo but after 15 secs it goes away sometimes. Also why does hogglo keep attacking me when I'm hunting daikiba near him?

I did the solo from ark and have to say it was very very laggy for me with a high end gaming desktop. Also what's up with the 1 minute timer where we can attack hogglo but after 15 secs it goes away sometimes. Also why does hogglo keep attacking me when I'm hunting daikiba near him?

The hogglo is actually a warlock in disguise. That's why you also hear robot noises from time to time.

You have 1 minute to do 20% damage on it so if you reach 20% damage in 15 seconds then the timer goes away.

That 1 minute with Hogglo seems to be bugged or something, had several now that ends after 10-15sec.

Same here .... needed to kill 120 daiki / 6 hispidus due to lag.
For me its not possible to compete.

For 2 days now on several locations, impossible to play :yay:
Amazing thats all i can say :whip:

Entropia – the virtual universe, with over three million users.

Maybe put a cap on new subscriptions
:lolup:

Last edited:
I have to say I love this MM

They keep you floating mid air so we don't waste PED

That floating in the air thing (or rather, running up into air) happened to me today in the neomex cave once; pressing T took care of it, and afterwards I just avoided that particular spot.

You have 1 minute to do 20% damage on it so if you reach 20% damage in 15 seconds then the timer goes away.

No it is definitely bugged. I already submitted a support case.

Instead of coding so the timer actually gives you the whole 20% of max HP, it will stop at 20%, 40%, 60%, and 80% of HP left.

So if you did 83% damage the first round, the second will only last a few seconds and let you bring it down to 80%.

They have got to really review their code better >.<.

First Impressions

I like the new split of solo MM into 10 levels. It was very laggy for me until I dropped the volumetric effects to Low and it then became playable except for a few little slow downs on Gun/FAP swapping.
I also noticed the rubberbanding into the air, but it only seemed to occur for me during the Elite or Boss phases when I was out on the edges of the area.
I am not so keen on the kill 20 Daikiba to spawn one Hispidus to then shoot Hogglo for 60seconds/20% health. I am sure the tacticians out there love it, but as a grinder at heart I was looking forward to shooting Spiders and Kerbs with the gear I bought for the event. Ho hum. I will get my kicks in FFA.
If they had done the 10 separate levels but with the Kerb/Spiders as normal it would be my perfect event.

Ff

Back