Merry Mayhem 2017 Full Details

ok, that is a design flaw, but it does not matter really, if you not are able to do the full 20% damage you will still have to spawn one more hisp and you dont loose anything on it really.

No it is definitely bugged. I already submitted a support case.

Instead of coding so the timer actually gives you the whole 20% of max HP, it will stop at 20%, 40%, 60%, and 80% of HP left.

So if you did 83% damage the first round, the second will only last a few seconds and let you bring it down to 80%.

They have got to really review their code better >.<.

ok, that is a design flaw, but it does not matter really, if you not are able to do the full 20% damage you will still have to spawn one more hisp and you dont loose anything on it really.

It matters a lot, because if you are never able to do 20% of the damage in one minute, you will be spawning 10 hisp not 5, where it should maybe be 6 (like 6 x 17%).

It matters a lot, because if you are never able to do 20% of the damage in one minute, you will be spawning 10 hisp not 5, where it should maybe be 6 (like 6 x 17%).

Exactly.

17% means you have to run it 6 times if it is working right.

At the moment you have to run it 10 times. It sucks LOL

Main problem for me is that it is not clear when you cannot do anymore damage so waste time.
The boss damage line always says 0%. That doesn't seem right. And sorry not in game so cannot be more precise about description :)

Instead of coding so the timer actually gives you the whole 20% of max HP, it will stop at 20%, 40%, 60%, and 80% of HP left.

So if you did 83% damage the first round, the second will only last a few seconds and let you bring it down to 80%.

The lag is really upsetting, throughout one run of solo cat6 I probably watch my gun just not fire 2-3 min collectively per run...not to mention the rubber banding that's occurring.

I even tried to drop my settings to safemode, stop using my 4k monitor and went back to a 1080 to see if I could squeak out anymore resources to make this bearable without any luck.

All my runs right now have been without buffs simply because until I hit a magic window where I can get 1-2 runs in with minimal lag. A second major event this year in which people with lag are screwed.

Second time I loose connection :( Never having issues with my connection. Everything runs smoothly. Now I have to start all over ... again :( SUCKS! Anyone else experiencing this?

Nvm ... my health rise with 0.1 point and is now 130.1 and so I go to the next level :(

Last edited:
It seems to work alot better now for me atleast, still some small hicups now and then but atleast playable, still room for improvement tho.

As for the event itself i realy like this years setup great work!

After reading this thread, I'm not even going to bother going to look around. :rolleyes:

After reading this thread, I'm not even going to bother going to look around. :rolleyes:

they shouldn't have restoked my interest in cryptocurrencies - cryptokitties is looking better than EU and I make more with doges than I ever made here

Some like it, but for me it wasn't fun. I don't know, it was a more boring grind than regular hunting. After 3 waves I just couldn't take any more. Maybe I don't like the system telling me I have to stop shooting the boss partway through and go back to the little mobs.

Ok after 3 times I finally finished a MM Solo and my report is:

The worst solo instance I have ever done in history of EU.
- I about punched my computer screen with the lag and the earthquake combination.
- Every Elite I killed never empowered me to do damage on the Hog which was total BS.
- Stupid fall from sky bug is horrible, only way I can fix it is press T and waste a minute.
- Had to kill 7 damn Elites to get the Hog killed because 2 Elites were broken, probably would have only needed to kill 5 maybe 6 otherwise.

I rate this solo instance as 1 out of 10. 1 just because of the level cap (hp and dps) limit that was finally imposed.

Stressed me out to point I will never do one again, total crap.

Well, I did a couple runs on Mayhem. 17:59 in category 10. I can definitely do better with some buffs/amps I withheld. I'm not sure whether there is much point in trying more than 10 runs total in the current state. I'd love to do it many times to try for a better time IF there wasn't this issue with the lag.

In an event where every second matters and all but 2-3 people are able to "borrow" the terminator, I'm not exactly sure how anyone is supposed to compete with a lag-free player using similar gear. A semi-competent monkey shooting the terminator with a bit of practice could still beat the best battle sim speed run players in EU with a month of training if they all had this lag. It really is as bad as I'm making it out to be.

I'm 100% sure that if I didn't have this lag, my time would be at least 1 minute 30 seconds better. I'd even venture to guess that 2 minutes + of time is lost by this.

For those of you who don't understand:
1) It isn't player hardware based: Nvidia 1070 gtx, Intel processor 3770k (overclocked), 32 GB RAM, and 500 GB SSD Hard drive don't do anything to stop it. I tried on 3 different computers as well to see if it was something wrong/virus.

2) It isn't player network based: My internet runs at 230 down / 35 up at the moment (verified with speedtest). I've tried without router, with different modems. I've even tried DIFFERENT HOUSES!

3) It isn't player Latency based (In-game latency meter displayed if you hover over your radar): 69 ms

For almost all countries outside a few in Europe, Entropia has these issues atm:
1) 5-10 seconds lost RANDOMLY while shooting due to gun reload "sticking" and not firing; this is WITHOUT switching tools or stopping your gun's auto-use tool. This actually happens about 1 time per minute = 5 or 10 seconds lost PER MINUTE!

2) Any switch of items means an ADDITIONAL lag period on top of the 5-10 seconds that normally occurs. Typically this lasts about 10-15 seconds. This also means that if you heal, you have to switch BACK = ANOTHER 10-15 seconds lost.

3) The mobs you are shooting, don't actually show up as dead for an additional 2-3 shots often time = Shooting dead bodies repeatedly (wastes about 3 seconds).

4) Sometimes we get the added bonus of having our avatars shot straight up into the air for a solid 10 seconds of rubber band bungee jumping (Everyone's favorite sport while trying to compete in an event for $!)

An example: I watched Vodka's BL1800 during Halloween Mayhem on his stream. Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot and am happy he has a great kit + plays well. This is merely an example...

I actually decided to hunt with his stream running in order to compare gun speed in real time. Amazingly enough to me, I noticed that not only was his gun never having the "5-10 second freeze" every minute, it was actually firing faster than mine as well (His attacks were 49 on BL1800, mine were 50 on BL1950). I realize that the trolls will say this was because of buffs, figments of my imagination, or due to me being dumb enough to watch a stream while hunting.

I am going to go ahead and hope that the true players of EU would recognize that a multiple time winner of Merry Mayhem events and 14 year player of EU would be able to discern whether or not 2 guns are firing the same speed. I was fully buffed at 30% (the max possible). I'm sure he was too. Yes the 2 guns are almost the same attacks: BL1800 = 49 attacks +30% buff vs. BL1950 = 50 attacks +30% buff. It was A LOT faster though, maybe a full 5 attacks per minute or so. Even if it wasn't faster, the pauses the lagged players have vs. the perfectly reloading gun I saw that day made me know there's no way to compete in this event.

I really think the event was set up well and would be a lot of fun. The terminator continues to be a huge favorite, which really makes it hard for category 10 people to truly enjoy this event. The rest of the categories would be great without this lag. I don't know what can be done before this event is over. I don't believe a fix will come for months. I assume they'll fix it eventually? :) I appreciate them trying to fix it; I just wish I could compete on a level field with the rest using an avatar designed for events like this.

In the meantime I can grind in FFA for fun. I wish you all luck and grats to the winners in advance. :) Happy Holidays to all!

For almost all countries outside a few in Europe, Entropia has these issues atm:
1) 5-10 seconds lost RANDOMLY while shooting due to gun reload "sticking" and not firing; this is WITHOUT switching tools or stopping your gun's auto-use tool. This actually happens about 1 time per minute = 5 or 10 seconds lost PER MINUTE!
In the "motherland" here, Sweden, and it's not true that it doesn't occur here, too. While on mobile connection which isn't ideal, it has its moods only occasionally and when it works my latency is around 70-80 ms, not more. Before the two most recent updates it was a bit better than overseas players describe although not completely absent, but since then it got worse and now I'm getting a lot of the stalling and rubberbanding also. Long delays in the same fashion you describe, shorter ones almost permanently. I'm sure they must be pulling their hair out over it already but at least for the current competition it would seem that the handicap affects all equally. Or if it doesn't, the country/distance alone isn't the determining factor.

Well, I did a couple runs on Mayhem. 17:59 in category 10. I can definitely do better with some buffs/amps I withheld. I'm not sure whether there is much point in trying more than 10 runs total in the current state. I'd love to do it many times to try for a better time IF there wasn't this issue with the lag.

In an event where every second matters and all but 2-3 people are able to "borrow" the terminator, I'm not exactly sure how anyone is supposed to compete with a lag-free player using similar gear. A semi-competent monkey shooting the terminator with a bit of practice could still beat the best battle sim speed run players in EU with a month of training if they all had this lag. It really is as bad as I'm making it out to be.

I'm 100% sure that if I didn't have this lag, my time would be at least 1 minute 30 seconds better. I'd even venture to guess that 2 minutes + of time is lost by this.

For those of you who don't understand:
1) It isn't player hardware based: Nvidia 1070 gtx, Intel processor 3770k (overclocked), 32 GB RAM, and 500 GB SSD Hard drive don't do anything to stop it. I tried on 3 different computers as well to see if it was something wrong/virus.

2) It isn't player network based: My internet runs at 230 down / 35 up at the moment (verified with speedtest). I've tried without router, with different modems. I've even tried DIFFERENT HOUSES!

3) It isn't player Latency based (In-game latency meter displayed if you hover over your radar): 69 ms

2) Any switch of items means an ADDITIONAL lag period on top of the 5-10 seconds that normally occurs. Typically this lasts about 10-15 seconds. This also means that if you heal, you have to switch BACK = ANOTHER 10-15 seconds lost.

3) The mobs you are shooting, don't actually show up as dead for an additional 2-3 shots often time = Shooting dead bodies repeatedly (wastes about 3 seconds).

4) Sometimes we get the added bonus of having our avatars shot straight up into the air for a solid 10 seconds of rubber band bungee jumping (Everyone's favorite sport while trying to compete in an event for $!)

An example: I watched Vodka's BL1800 during Halloween Mayhem on his stream. Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot and am happy he has a great kit + plays well. This is merely an example...

I actually decided to hunt with his stream running in order to compare gun speed in real time. Amazingly enough to me, I noticed that not only was his gun never having the "5-10 second freeze" every minute, it was actually firing faster than mine as well (His attacks were 49 on BL1800, mine were 50 on BL1950). I realize that the trolls will say this was because of buffs, figments of my imagination, or due to me being dumb enough to watch a stream while hunting.

I am going to go ahead and hope that the true players of EU would recognize that a multiple time winner of Merry Mayhem events and 14 year player of EU would be able to discern whether or not 2 guns are firing the same speed. I was fully buffed at 30% (the max possible). I'm sure he was too. Yes the 2 guns are almost the same attacks: BL1800 = 49 attacks +30% buff vs. BL1950 = 50 attacks +30% buff. It was A LOT faster though, maybe a full 5 attacks per minute or so. Even if it wasn't faster, the pauses the lagged players have vs. the perfectly reloading gun I saw that day made me know there's no way to compete in this event.

I really think the event was set up well and would be a lot of fun. The terminator continues to be a huge favorite, which really makes it hard for category 10 people to truly enjoy this event. The rest of the categories would be great without this lag. I don't know what can be done before this event is over. I don't believe a fix will come for months. I assume they'll fix it eventually? :) I appreciate them trying to fix it; I just wish I could compete on a level field with the rest using an avatar designed for events like this.

In the meantime I can grind in FFA for fun. I wish you all luck and grats to the winners in advance. :) Happy Holidays to all!

Have you tried putting your graphics to safe mode on the beast computer? It removes lag for me. I notice you don't mention trying it soooo....

Funny, I wrote the above only to log back in to a smooth, lag-free experience (on Cyrene atm). Note, I'm in safe mode anyway, only avatar quality set to 'low' in the advanced tab. If this helps anybody with competition, as Venture pointed out.

Have you tried putting your graphics to safe mode on the beast computer? It removes lag for me. I notice you don't mention trying it soooo....
Yup, safe mode ofc. Didn't help. As I said I've played since the beginning so I know most of the tricks to help. The FPS is great until the "spike" comes.

just a little side note for those testing their connection speed: better dont use speedtest.net from ookla. The ISP know its the most used speedtest site which makes em route traffic to their server faster than others. Doesnt have to be the case for everyone but it can be.
Just use fast.com which is hosted on the netflix servers and an ISP that reroutes traffic based on IP / Server wont prioritize the netflix servers :)

I gave this event a couple of tries but I'm out of PED. Then again i didn't have too much to start with: my issue wasn't the lag, as I didn't experienced anything more than was is considered 'normal' (and no floating in air or anything like this), but I just didn't take enough ammo in with me and ran out of ammo and ped very quickly.

I am in cat 4 and don't have weaps with high DPS so takes me a while to take down 20 merry daiks and the hisp before doing a little bit of damage to the hogglo eg running in a circle avoiding its vanguard type baubles of destruction (and then having to run a long way away to avoid the continuing baubles of doom).

I had a good first run with a small global and came in with 120% return or so but i put the rest into ammo for the second run, got 1 hisp and ran out of ammo shooting the 2nd hisp.

Really like the idea though and the environment looked lovely, but not for me. Not enough money, ultimately but had a bit of fun while it lasted.

- I about punched my computer screen with the lag and the earthquake combination.
- Every Elite I killed never empowered me to do damage on the Hog which was total BS.
- Stupid fall from sky bug is horrible, only way I can fix it is press T and waste a minute.
- Had to kill 7 damn Elites to get the Hog killed because 2 Elites were broken, probably would have only needed to kill 5 maybe 6 otherwise.

I rate this solo instance as 1 out of 10. 1 just because of the level cap (hp and dps) limit that was finally imposed.

exactly the same experience here, excepting I wasn`t able to kill a hogglo yet, due to a mix of: lag, low dps for my HP, and broken elites... :(
I won`t bother to much with the solo instances, even after a nice multiplier on a MM daikiba...

Wow divinity and mercury have beef? Your both so rich and powerful that I mix you up sometimes as to who is who. Half the time I think your the same person your so similar. It's so odd to see you two fight.

About the floating bug... only thing that worked for me was to jump in right side and go close to the wall. Later on near the spiders u will get another bugged position.

REMOVED DELETED QUOTE.
Sorry if what I said somehow offended you. I mean that sincerely, sorry. I was not talking about the terminator being bad. I have absolutely asked to use the terminator and will continue to want to use it in future events. My point was about the lag being so bad that I can’t see a way to overcome the dps difference of stacking the terminator without lag vs. any other gun with lag. I was not saying that you are a monkey. I’m sorry if it came off like that.

To your other portion of the post, I suppose I did make PEDs trading. I don’t like that everyone seems to be against that in a RCE. I will assume you simply misread what I wrote on a Saturday night. There was nothing malicious meant and I have no hard feelings toward any players in EU.

The purchase of the Terminator was a big endeavor, I’ve always talked with you respectfully and will continue to. I’m shocked and hope you feel better after reading this. Anyway, the point wasn’t “fuck the terminator”, it was “fuck the lag”.

Probably the most truthful experience I have ever seen posted.

I am wondering if MM armor is a prize anymore and If stats on it is still same. Good Luck all. :yay:

About the floating bug... only thing that worked for me was to jump in right side and go close to the wall. Later on near the spiders u will get another bugged position.

What works for me in the FFA if it puts me in the sky upon entering, is to just hit revive, wait the 60 seconds then exit out of the instance and re-enter. It may take several times of doing this, but eventually it will put you in at the normal level of the starting house thing and you should be good to go.

I tried one time the solo instance rank 5.
I did like the part where it has some dynamic, keeping you on your toes not simply point and shoot.

It seemed rather balanced. However while I didn’t experience most lag, I did get the occasionally annoying rubber banding. Which constantly lifts you up a few meters then down, making you miss shots and crucial time.

The one thing I didn’t like was the fact of the limit of hp coupled with DPS.
Hp shouldn’t be a factor, only dps.

I tried one time the solo instance rank 5.
I did like the part where it has some dynamic, keeping you on your toes not simply point and shoot.

It seemed rather balanced. However while I didn’t experience most lag, I did get the occasionally annoying rubber banding. Which constantly lifts you up a few meters then down, making you miss shots and crucial time.

The one thing I didn’t like was the fact of the limit of hp coupled with DPS.
Hp shouldn’t be a factor, only dps.

Hp Limit is needed there so ubers dont take advamtage in lower categories with cheap guns and making nubs not being able to win anything. Someone from my category ciuld enter yours with same dps but has so much evade and hp and his natural regen is enough to not touch the fap/resto at all the whole run. Then it would be unfair again, and you would ve writing a different kind of post.

Cheers
Soko

This really needs to be fixed.

Probably the most truthful experience I have ever seen posted.

I am wondering if MM armor is a prize anymore and If stats on it is still same. Good Luck all. :yay:

Ya was kind of blunt but thought get the true feeling posted right after the experience instead of wait for my stress jitters to calm down a little. That instance did stress the heck out of me, I think most stressful was the earthquake speed reduction mixed with lag and those paused shots it was just so frustrating.

On side note a few soc mates and I did loot the Mayhem Foot Guards (M) unlimited version yesterday morning, in FFA3, off the Boss. I have a post in Selling as we will be selling them, I noticed my image is fuzzy there so will upload to imgur instead of to PCF, for some reason the images scaled and became fuzzy on upload.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Rose

Last edited:
A semi-competent monkey shooting the terminator with a bit of practice could still beat the best battle sim speed run players in EU

It is pay to win game after all :)

10% luck, 90% visa and you got a winner!

Back