Asked To Advise On The Creation Of A New World, I Said YES! - Forbes

News Bot

Guardian

[SIZE=-2]Forbes[/SIZE]

Asked To Advise On The Creation Of A New World, I Said YES!
[SIZE=-1]Forbes[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]My job is to advise the Board of Mindark, the company behind Entropia – the virtual universe, with over three million users from around the world. MindArk have been merging the real world with the virtual world for years, and are now introducing ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=dZbGgg-xWtNedMM&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

My job is to advise the Board of Mindark, the company behind Entropia – the virtual universe, with over three million users from around the world.

:confused: ...:scratch: ... :dunno:.... :idea: .... :poke: ....:kos: .... :lolup:

At least now we know the "advisors" are not NeverDie.

Oh here it is....
Three​ ​million​ ​registered​ ​accounts​ ​from​ ​217​ ​countries

Man, with about 5000 active players currently, that's a 0.16% player retention rate. THAT is impressive!

3 million registered users...?? WHERE??!!!!
Maybe since the beginning of the game, not currently I'm sure.

Also this quote from the article:
"My job is to advise the Board of Mindark

WORST JOB EVER!!!

Nothing really needs to be said until MA moves it off Go Daddy. As long as it is there, people will look at this as just a big scam. WTF is with Mindark? Why I still think this is all ND team's idea with MA backing him.

Blasphemers! They are advised by the spirit of Satoshi Nakamoto during their bonging... err, bonding sessions they call development.

marijuana makes ppl creative - cocaine you must be thinking

I enjoy the fact that he studied Chinese economic development. It's analogous to Entropia in that 99% of the users are treated like slaves while 1% are given golden handshake, insider information treatment :rolleyes:

Also, the 3m users and 4bn PED GNP are ambitious. Can you even assign GNP to an entity which produces absolutely nothing?

The board of MindArk...is that the one they use to hit everyone over the head with?

Blasphemers! They are advised by the spirit of Satoshi Nakamoto during their bonging... err, bonding sessions they call development.

^ This ....... +1

Knowing more about geography than marketing probably disqualifies me from ever getting such an advisory job. Wherever those mythical countries are, in VR and cryptoland it may not matter, but when the empire strikes back they'll sure make themselves known.

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201712161060051361-eu-crack-down-bitcoin-terrorism/
Terrorism and money laundering, sure...

(Disclaimer: I'm not negative about cryptocurrencies at all, and bringing them into VR and online games is about the most natural thought of all. I'm just shocked about the degree of naivety most people in this field show when they believe legacy powers would just allow themselves to become obsolete without a violent backlash. Most self-professed "advisors" are more evangelists than anything. That's the reason for these continued warnings.)

MA has this compared to PUBG with these millions of users :laugh: ,
but saw that already has 50ppl same place we are all in safe mode after 15 years of development :rolleyes:

Forbes... is still ... Forbes. Not some shady site. Impressive marketing campaign.

Forbes... is still ... Forbes. Not some shady site. Impressive marketing campaign.

True.
And still they didnt said 3 mil active users . the meaning is that they have 3 mil accounts created during the time. so excluding the alts near 3 mil people visited the game but not so many remained.
even doe people is looking on EL to see how many people are globaling every month. those are only numbers of those who global , and maybe are other 1k people that next month will not global , this doesnt means that they dissapear from game.
There are lots of avatars that are doing other and do not hunt , mine ,craft. there are only fappers , traders , explorers of caly , rig leaches, sweaters , they all produse decay in a way or another , so as little that it gets they contribuate to the EU market. there are lots of avatars that didnt loged in since 1 year 3 - 5 years , but still have assets in game , apartaments , items blocked in their own storage which maybe worth thousants of peds, but still MA dont terminate their account. Maybe they are dead , maybe they will get back in a day or another.
EU is so big that you cannot see 1k people in a place and it cannot be compared with other shity game , that finish in a half hour. this is a never ending game (only in case of faliment) and thats why i love entropia , its not like pubg dota , CS , or others , half / one hour its end and then repeat the same shit.
Its good that MA its trying to advertise the game , but its not good that they start 100 things and not finish one . they should concentrate on the essence of the game. ( one on the biggest shit that they made is COmpet , my oppinion because has nothing to do with the essence of the game , but now wtf people have invested money and they should do something for those who invested)
They should act like professionists not like 2 months app developers.
Maybe if they will throw some of they yearly earnings and do some really good investments , people will not have nothing to complain and they will really make people to come back or to get in some new people in which they will stick around for long time.
In my oppinion the game its on a good path , except the lag.
Livius

True.
And still they didnt said 3 mil active users . the meaning is that they have 3 mil accounts created during the time. so excluding the alts near 3 mil people visited the game but not so many remained.
even doe people is looking on EL to see how many people are globaling every month. those are only numbers of those who global , and maybe are other 1k people that next month will not global , this doesnt means that they dissapear from game.
There are lots of avatars that are doing other and do not hunt , mine ,craft. there are only fappers , traders , explorers of caly , rig leaches, sweaters , they all produse decay in a way or another , so as little that it gets they contribuate to the EU market. there are lots of avatars that didnt loged in since 1 year 3 - 5 years , but still have assets in game , apartaments , items blocked in their own storage which maybe worth thousants of peds, but still MA dont terminate their account. Maybe they are dead , maybe they will get back in a day or another.
EU is so big that you cannot see 1k people in a place and it cannot be compared with other shity game , that finish in a half hour. this is a never ending game (only in case of faliment) and thats why i love entropia , its not like pubg dota , CS , or others , half / one hour its end and then repeat the same shit.
Its good that MA its trying to advertise the game , but its not good that they start 100 things and not finish one . they should concentrate on the essence of the game. ( one on the biggest shit that they made is COmpet , my oppinion because has nothing to do with the essence of the game , but now wtf people have invested money and they should do something for those who invested)
They should act like professionists not like 2 months app developers.
Maybe if they will throw some of they yearly earnings and do some really good investments , people will not have nothing to complain and they will really make people to come back or to get in some new people in which they will stick around for long time.
In my oppinion the game its on a good path , except the lag.
Livius

Absolutely spot on, couldn't agree more.

3 million registered users...?? WHERE??!!!!
Maybe since the beginning of the game, not currently I'm sure.

Also this quote from the article:
"My job is to advise the Board of Mindark

WORST JOB EVER!!!

Not really, if it is paid I can hand in blank sheets of paper once a week and go watch tv or something :D

Apparently nothing is ever advised because the board thinks the game is running smoothly without any issues.

All of this is great, but it's entirely irrelevant when the game is fucking broken.

Maybe they should get some tech advisors.

Collaboration with NASA, European Space Agency, Unis, Game Developers, Major Tech Businesses, Governmental Organisations....but minimal collaboration with player base otherwise EU would be much, much better!!

Collaboration with NASA, European Space Agency, Unis, Game Developers, Major Tech Businesses, Governmental Organisations....but minimal collaboration with player base otherwise EU would be much, much better!!

I'm just really curious if there is actually collaboration with NASA and space agencies, and what that looks like, or if that's just another pipe dream blowing fictional smoke up potential investors' asses.

I'm just really curious if there is actually collaboration with NASA and space agencies, and what that looks like, or if that's just another pipe dream blowing fictional smoke up potential investors' asses.

There was an opportunity [also] for it years ago but MA didn't win the contest.

There was an opportunity [also] for it years ago but MA didn't win the contest.

Yes, I recall that, but the article in Forbes makes it sound like they are currently collaborating with NASA and other space agencies - just like it makes it sound like we have 3 million players. I'm curious if, after the above listed failure, there was another (successful) attempt at a partnership - or if this was just another play on words to make MindArk sound more successful than they actually are.

Yes, I recall that, but the article in Forbes makes it sound like they are currently collaborating with NASA and other space agencies - just like it makes it sound like we have 3 million players. I'm curious if, after the above listed failure, there was another (successful) attempt at a partnership - or if this was just another play on words to make MindArk sound more successful than they actually are.

Well, as you know, this happened years ago. But what is sad is that Forbes is rolling with what MA told them and in our current state of media of course they didn't check their facts before posting.
:(

But the fun part here is I'm still guessing that the Thing project on RT is the moon project. If you look at the MA old moon project and the THING you will notice a lot are using the same objects.

"Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own."

This is not a news article, so no need to put any truth in it.

"Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own."

This is not a news article, so no need to put any truth in it.

In other words: just like on facebook news anyone is free to yell anything (the world having 217 or more countries, and two or more moons) - forbes is not going to do any "journalist work"....draw your own conclusions from that.

Last edited:
if we had a 10% player of those said figures, it would be impressive, i see 56,806 registered members on this forum, also, u can see on entopia tracker how much ppl get globals, so in the game at the moment no more than 2000 players, between event less

if we had a 10% player of those said figures, it would be impressive, i see 56,806 registered members on this forum, also, u can see on entopia tracker how much ppl get globals, so in the game at the moment no more than 2000 players, between event less

Even if we had 1% of those figures it'd be amazing (assuming MA invested in server capacity to support such numbers).

Back