Help: Fix DPS limit for Merry Mayhem

Mathilda

Old Alpha
Mathilda nukegirl Chei
Eu0ObU8.jpg

Quote from MM preview " Category 7Max Health: 260Max Base DPS: 98"

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/maximum

Rules clearly state you must be BELOW that level to play.

It's not: MAX = 98. It is actually: MAX < 98

where did it say you have to be below that level??? i thought it read, max 98, would allow 98 dps.. but not 98.1.

i dont know how you would read below, when it states max dps allowed 98... 98 is 98... i dont get it.

Read the rules clearly.

Each Solo Mayhem category instance restricts entry based on the damage-per-second of equipped items and prevents equipping items inside the instance using the same restriction (see detailed category info below). This restriction is based on the base damage-per-second of an item, and does not include any amps, buffs or enhancers. Base DPS for a weapon can be viewed in the Item Info panel, under the Basic Information tab.

Nowhere does it say that the maximum allowed is 98. It says, clearly, that it is restricted based on the damage per second. 98 is restricted.

Category 7
Max Health: 260
Max Base DPS: 98

Because, it says that it restricts entry based on the damage-per-second of equipped items. Then it says that 98 is that restriction. Thus, you cannot use 98...

so if 98 = 98... then it is the max, or maximum allowed.. i don't see the confusion???

Max is an abbreviation of maximum..............

Nowhere does it say MAX ALLOWED = 98. Rather, if you can read... it says MAX = 98.
It also says that guns are restricted at Max Base DPS levels, and Max Base DPS levels are shown below.

You are then shown the MAX BASE level, which is restricted, as stated above.

So to make it clear....

The restriction is based on Damage. Any damage that is 98 is restricted, any higher, also restricted. Meaning that you CANNOT use 98 or above for that stage.... It's very clear...

Nowhere does it say MAX ALLOWED = 98. Rather, if you can read... it says MAX = 98.
It also says that guns are restricted at Max Base DPS levels, and Max Base DPS levels are shown below.

You are then shown the MAX BASE level, which is restricted, as stated above.

So to make it clear....

The restriction is based on Damage. Any damage that is 98 is restricted, any higher, also restricted. Meaning that you CANNOT use 98 or above for that stage.... It's very clear...

LOL. Pretty sure MA's fault for not being clear. My assumption is that the max damage is including that value personally.

Otherwise, they should have said: Base DPS BELOW 98.0 for example.

I just came home from work and am grumpy lol. I didn't mean that and removed it so fast my post doesn't even show as edited. Anyways glad you got a chuckle from it. :silly2:

LOL. Pretty sure MA's fault for not being clear. My assumption is that the max damage is including that value personally.

Otherwise, they should have said: Base DPS BELOW 98.0 for example.
Nowhere does it say that the amounts shown at the maximum allowed. Rather it specifically says that the amounts shown are not allowed. Read it over again. It says that weapons are restricted based on max dps. Then it shows you the max dps that is restricted. Thus it is showing you the weakest weapon you cannot use, not the best you can use.

Nowhere does it say that the amounts shown at the maximum allowed. Rather it specifically says that the amounts shown are not allowed. Read it over again. It says that weapons are restricted based on max dps. Then it shows you the max dps that is restricted. Thus it is showing you the weakest weapon you cannot use, not the best you can use.

Maximum is inclusive. Stop being a twit.

I read it as 98.0 allowed 98.1 not allowed but guess im bad at understanding written text then...

What if it's not a bug, and instead it's a rounding issue?

The damage could be 147.04-> 98.03 dps (gets displayed as 98.0)

Same deal of X5/ASI. The number of reloads are rounded. You could be getting 47.4 or 46.6 reloads a sec, but it will show 47.

It is most likely a rounding issue, but it is also an issue with what the player is presented with.

If the description of base damage shows 98.0, and he believes max allowable is 98.0. Should they be allowed to use the item, even if it is technically 98.01?

I would argue yes given that they are presented with what appears to be a gun that falls within the proper range in the description. Hidden values are always bad for the players.

Same deal of X5/ASI. The number of reloads are rounded. You could be getting 47.4 or 46.6 reloads a sec, but it will show 47.

They should fix it anyways as a lot of people already invested in gear when the numbers were announced
Edit: also if they intend to block weapon on decimals they should have added decimals in the DPS stat they added in the recent patch

It is most likely a rounding issue

wrong, it's a coding issue. as said before, maximum is inclusive, so it's lower or equal, otherwise the maximum wouldn't be maximum but already above it.

I think you're correct, I noticed this on Tuesday when the new DPS information was added to the weapons.

The number that MA put for the X5 is 86.3, however using their own math method....91*(57/60)=86.45

Now by no means am I math expert, but I don't think that the number I got using their equation matches up with the number advertised on my weapon lol

I'd recommend doing the math manually on your weapon... MaxDmg*(ShotsPerMin/60SecondsInAMin)

I'd recommend doing the math manually on your weapon... MaxDmg*(ShotsPerMin/60SecondsInAMin)

As i posted in another thread i did the manual calculation for my gun and it comes out to 98 flat so its not a decimal issue

shots per minute have always been rounded, this is most likely the problem.

sounds like so much fun lol -tryint ot figure MA and their rules. hope you ppl are having fun in EU as I'm not due to lag. the longer i don't play the more likely i leave for good too.

sounds like so much fun lol -tryint ot figure MA and their rules. hope you ppl are having fun in EU as I'm not due to lag. the longer i don't play the more likely i leave for good too.

today is the first time we have terrible lag also,so even living nera servers dont help :)

It could be a rounding issue on the LC-400

40/60 = 0,6666666666666667
0,6666666666666667 * 147 = 98

40/60 = 0,667
0,667 * 147 = 98,049

40/60 = 0,67
0,67 * 147 = 98,49

Has anyone tried a armatrix bc-80(L) in cat 7?
it has 60 uses and 98 damage

As i posted in another thread i did the manual calculation for my gun and it comes out to 98 flat so its not a decimal issue

My mistake for missing that post m8

Every value in EU is, and always has been, truncated, not rounded. That means that every value is almost certainly higher(perhaps by a very small amount) than it appears.

Is the calculation even right?
Xtlc 1000: 159dmg x (44/60) = 116.6
According to MA: base damage = 117.8

Cat 10 either way but who knows how other guns are affected...

i mean... if the event says max dps:98 and MA values the gun at exactly 98 base dps, then it should be allowed and they fucked up.

You didn't measure attacks per minute manually though. It might say 40. This doesn't mean it's 40.
As above, it can be 40.04

Is the calculation even right?
Xtlc 1000: 159dmg x (44/60) = 116.6
According to MA: base damage = 117.8

Cat 10 either way but who knows how other guns are affected...

This means, as with Mathilda's gun, the attacks per min are not integers. DPS is correct, we just assumed that 44 always means 44.00 . In this case the attacks per minute are 44.45.

Back