Help: Fix DPS limit for Merry Mayhem

It says guns are restricted at max dps. It then shows you the dps that is restricted...

Not once, anywhere, does anyone say the word 'allowed'. READ IT. It says you CANNOT use the damage listed below, then it lists the damage YOU CANNOT USE.

It says guns are restricted at max dps. It then shows you the dps that is restricted...

Not once, anywhere, does anyone say the word 'allowed'. READ IT. It says you CANNOT use the damage listed below, then it lists the damage YOU CANNOT USE.

You've already been instructed to stop being a twit.

You've already been instructed to stop being a twit.

And you're still circle jerking with the others.

MA isn't going to change the contest because you can't read and bought the gun that is specificially stated not to be allowed in that stage.

Well, my read is that max is 98.9. They should have stated 97 so that the many who may be 98 wouldn't read as it is read and that is simply if you have 98 you are at the max lvl for that category.

And guys if we are going to go around and around on this then lets look at our speed limit. Are we driving to fast since the sign says 55? Should we be driving 54?:scratch2:

Well, my read is that max is 98.9. They should have stated 97 so that the many who may be 98 wouldn't read as it is read and that is simply if you have 98 you are at the max lvl for that category.

And guys if we are going to go around and around on this then lets look at our speed limit. Are we driving to fast since the sign says 55? Should we be driving 54?:scratch2:

"Do you know why I pulled you over?" (love that question)

"No officer, I had my cruise control set to 55 which is the posted limit. Is it something else?"

"You were doing 55 in a 55, I'm going to have to write you a ticket for that."

"Do you know why I pulled you over?" (love that question)

"No officer, I had my cruise control set to 55 which is the posted limit. Is it something else?"

"You were doing 55 in a 55, I'm going to have to write you a ticket for that."

They don't say the limit is 55. They say your not allowed to go 55. So yea if the sign says don't go 55 then your going to get a ticket going 55.

There is a difference here. A speed sign says the limit is 55. This contest says you cannot go 55. The limit isn't 55, it's the amount your not allowed.

You didn't measure attacks per minute manually though. It might say 40. This doesn't mean it's 40.
As above, it can be 40.04

This means, as with Mathilda's gun, the attacks per min are not integers. DPS is correct, we just assumed that 44 always means 44.00 . In this case the attacks per minute are 44.45.

even if this is true it's entirely irrelevant...

MA says max is 98... MA gave the gun a value of 98. It is black and white and doesn't need any crazy theories or calculations behind it. We shouldn't have to do MA's work for them, they should ensure this shit is accurate before events anyways.

Don't cut them slack, in one way or another (i.e. gun error or limit error) MA fucked this up and they need to fix it before mm is done. I have a feeling this isn't the only gun in this scenario.

Nowhere does it say that the maximum allowed is 98. It says, clearly, that it is restricted based on the damage per second. 98 is restricted.

Based on

I don't know how you go from that to "98 is restricted". And yes, I read everything you wrote. You seem to have a very strange way of interpreting things, which in case you haven't noticed is different than everyone else here. Sometimes you are saying the world is round when everyone thinks it's flat, but most of the time when you are in the extreme minority you are just wrong.

Again, a maximum is inclusive, look it up.

And you're still circle jerking with the others.

MA isn't going to change the contest because you can't read and bought the gun that is specificially stated not to be allowed in that stage.

Monkey throwing it's own shit. Same old EU forum.

even if this is true it's entirely irrelevant...

MA says max is 98... MA gave the gun a value of 98. It is black and white and doesn't need any crazy theories or calculations behind it. We shouldn't have to do MA's work for them, they should ensure this shit is accurate before events anyways.

Don't cut them slack, in one way or another (i.e. gun error or limit error) MA fucked this up and they need to fix it before mm is done. I have a feeling this isn't the only gun in this scenario.

It's not irrelevant, but it is a completely douchey way for MA to behave.

They don't say the limit is 55. They say your not allowed to go 55. So yea if the sign says don't go 55 then your going to get a ticket going 55.

There is a difference here. A speed sign says the limit is 55. This contest says you cannot go 55. The limit isn't 55, it's the amount your not allowed.

you are strong proof of why animals eat their young.

The value is indicated to within a tenth.
But in reality, the value can be anything, for example, 98.099 or 98.0001 (as almost all the values in the game). and it will not meet the requirements of max = 98.0.
The author is a troll, or plays the first day. :)

Just a little unlucky, that his favorite gun is less than one tenth higher than the maximum. But this is not a mistake.

Last edited:
The value is indicated to within a tenth.
But in reality, the value can be anything, for example, 98.099 or 98.0001 (as almost all the values in the game). and it will not meet the requirements of max = 98.0.
The author is a troll, or plays the first day. :)

Just a little unlucky, that his favorite gun is less than one tenth higher than the maximum. But this is not a mistake.

147*40/60 = 98.00000000...0

And yes, they should state it differently.

Lol.. Just Lol.

I'll try to keep my sentiments out of this one for now.

No competition in the world where they do state a limit ( be it weight or height or whatever classification) and the limit they mention is non inclusive.

Solo Mayhem Categories
Category 1
Max Health: 120
Max Base DPS: 34

MA fucked up and now its hilarious to see people on forum trying to justify it. Simply hilarious. LOL

EDIT :

Every value in EU is, and always has been, truncated, not rounded. That means that every value is almost certainly higher(perhaps by a very small amount) than it appears.

You didn't measure attacks per minute manually though. It might say 40. This doesn't mean it's 40.
As above, it can be 40.04
This means, as with Mathilda's gun, the attacks per min are not integers. DPS is correct, we just assumed that 44 always means 44.00 . In this case the attacks per minute are 44.45.

Agreed on this, but a person can only decide something based on what stats is visible. I doubt anyone can calculate the speed of the gun manually with the way the server lags and that number would be different based on where you test the gun. So, personally i think it still needs MA's correction at there end.

Last edited:
If you drive at 50.4 km/h in a 50 km/h area, and the radar shows 50, do you get a ticket?

The answer is likely different depending on the country but in most limits are inclusive. Plus some tolerance is applied because measurements are not infinitely accurate.

Last edited:
Read the rules clearly.

Each Solo Mayhem category instance restricts entry based on the damage-per-second of equipped items and prevents equipping items inside the instance using the same restriction (see detailed category info below). This restriction is based on the base damage-per-second of an item, and does not include any amps, buffs or enhancers. Base DPS for a weapon can be viewed in the Item Info panel, under the Basic Information tab.

Nowhere does it say that the maximum allowed is 98. It says, clearly, that it is restricted based on the damage per second. 98 is restricted.

Category 7
Max Health: 260
Max Base DPS: 98

Because, it says that it restricts entry based on the damage-per-second of equipped items. Then it says that 98 is that restriction. Thus, you cannot use 98...

If what you said was right, they should have said:
Base DPS: 98
This way it`s clearly that Base DPS: 98 is restricted.
Au contraire, they said: Max Base DPS: 98, which is at least misleading.
Therefor, this is clear fuck-up from MA side, and you`re also mis-interpreting it.

Decay for example are based on 4 decimals, if you use 4 decimals on the LC-400 example you WILL end up with higher dps than 98.0

40/60= 0,6667
0,6667*147=98,0049

I will ask this again, has anyone tried armatrix BC-80 in cat 7?
It has 60 attacks and 98 damage, if that works i am correct with the decimals on LC-400

I have no idea how to take that. Is that an insult?

Yes animals will occasionally eat their young which they do not see as fit for moving into the gene pool and value the nutrients to further the existing bloodline rather than add to it.

I guess i must have missed the 2nd announcement where they said that the DPS numbers they released for us are totally unrelated to the dps caps from the mayhem and that we are supposed to calculate them ourselves based on numbers that dont exist, yeah im the idiot for not figuring this one out

I agree that if it says max dps 98 and weapon has same value then you shall be able to use it, im just trying to find an explanation to why it is like it is and the only way i can find that it can be tested is to try use the armatrix bc-80 because that must have exactly 98 dps while lc-400 can suffer from rounding error if MA use for example only 4 decimals on calculating dps.

I guess i must have missed the 2nd announcement where they said that the DPS numbers they released for us are totally unrelated to the dps caps from the mayhem and that we are supposed to calculate them ourselves based on numbers that dont exist, yeah im the idiot for not figuring this one out

I'm pretty sure, that the new displayed value isn't from any calculation but inserted manually. camo arms showed up on first day with 95.9 what got corrected in friday patch to 95.1..

so problem is here for sure the rounding shit from uses per min..

but ey.. your LC-350 run is enought!!!! better don't go in with lc-400 :p

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm blown away by the hostility in threads these past few days. So much anger!

I also don't see why we as players should even need to know whatever phantom numbers MA is working in the background. That's their job and also their job to show us the correct numbers to align with the event.

As for the maximum "wording" debate, I agree with it being inclusive, as it should be. If I am coding a range, and I say Min X to Max Y, that includes X and Y, as it should.

AFAIC, MA has a lot of crap to fix tomorrow.

I was referring to the stupidity regarding Hogglo boss hp to be fair...

I was quoting you to use your response for as my own, not necessarily to say that you were saying that.

Last edited:
Back