In 10 years I thought I had seen it all but never have I seen anything like this

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Hunting puntys north of Icarus all of a sudden a mob near me dies, no big deal right, but I don't see anyone around, no green dot and no player near the mob or sounds like gun fire, then I see a player quite a ways away and thought he was trying out a long range gun. Then a few minutes later mobs start dying all around me and fairly fast, no one around, no sound and no green dot, not even the one player that was there before. But that is not the weirdest part, I go a little further and all the mobs start running in a group like someone has fired a couple of rockets into them so they would chase them or a car or something like some players do but the thing of it they were all running backwards and then they disappeared in what seem to be a very short distance. Normally you see the glob of mobs for a good distance when someone is driving them. I wish I could have recorded it but I didn't, don't know how or have a program to do it.

BTW The mobs didn't like just die it was like someone was killing them but nothing around.

I would report it but I am afraid MA would screw up the whole game trying to fix it.

Sounds pretty messed up but could it be a Player being underground and exploiting that bug? Seen ppl can go underground but dont know if you can hunt like that.

Maybe it's just lag and there was an avatar there, you just couldn't see them -just saying

This sound pretty like a network issue, have to due with network synch from server to client. In that case weird things can hapen, even like mops move backward, disapear, have wrong stats, and so on. Then some mechanic will continue to synch it again, if possible. If you then run out of all synching, you just get kicked from server or you be not able to do anything, in synch with server. same hapen, if you get the message FAIL.. in that case, your action, or the action from creature AI was not in synch with the whole system.

i thought i had seen it all but after 10 years you still hunt puntys

i thought i had seen it all but after 10 years you still hunt puntys

And? Got no problem with that here, too. Anytime the cost to play gets too high otherwise.

What trance said, most likely. When either the internet connection goes out for a moment or the server runs into its capacity limits, then every object in the client continues to move in a straight line with the vector it last knew and can't change state or direction since it doesn't receive any new information (except actions the client handles alone, evidently mobs hitting you works that way and it's a point of contention esp. in context with the lag problems since the damage is one-sided as a result). When it catches up, it gets all corrected and then it sometimes appears as if they're yanked backwards. Rubberbanding effect on the whole scene, though I haven't seen it to the extent that complete hunts around me would be invisible due to the delay. Must get really crowded, I don't hang out there often.

just good old lag

Ik use OBS to record/stream. It's free and easy to use!

ever seen mobs but no red dots on radar?

I don't remember that I have but I have had mobs that have the red dot and I can target them and can use select next target and the are targeted that way also but when I shoot them nothing happens, no damage to them and they don't attack me.

I have also been just standing with no mobs close by and all of a sudden I am taking hit after hit with nothing in range.

But I have never just been standing around and all of a sudden start getting loot :).

If it's a guy with invisibility bug (not sure if one is in use atm) then equip a fap and use next target, that should spot him.

If it's a guy with invisibility bug (not sure if one is in use atm) then equip a fap and use next target, that should spot him.

That is a good idea ! There was one thing I forgot it seemed that everything was happening in double time. Not sure what that means if anything.

Yeah, I saw that for the first time about a month ago, hunting Argos...their red dots would sometimes disappear, then reappear, on radar. I thought it was a bug and took screenshots showing my avatar targeting a mob in FPV but it was not on radar.

I re-logged and the problem went away. Gotta love lag.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that for the first time about a month ago, hunting Argos...their red dots would sometimes disappear, then reappear, on radar. I thought it was a bug and took screenshots showing my avatar targeting a mob in FPS but it was not on radar.

This happend me from time to time but as you did i relog and it was all ok.

Wouldn't someone using an invisible bug be playing their way? ;)

What are you talking about ??? I see you posting again with no clue what you are saying because you fail to read all the posts.

Yeah, ....

Relog just synch server / client again, thats why it help.

Everything hapen on server, not on client. The client only replicate the server, better sayd get replicated network info, and it also send info from the player to the server. If you do a action (moving, shooting, or any other interaction, you dont do this realy. The client say to server, that the client has shot one bullet. Then the server spawn a bullet. This bullet does the work on server, and just replicate to the client. Same with every other action.

Moving is more or less spezial, about the server dont update every frame your possition. There is a mechanic, that you move on client just in direction. After a while the client get a info with new possition, and the mechanic compare your possition, and those from server. if it is not the same, the server move you to the right possition.

So, if you see mobs walking backward, or you get rubberbanding. then you be out of sync with the server, and the mechanic just move things around, aslong no new possition from server is availlable.

This mechanic is working in near every game engine, about it is the only way to hold bandwite low. It have also other reasons, why a client is doing near noting, except send and get info from server. If it is bad coded client mechanic, it would allow the client to cheat, or run own code, (hacking) to manipulate things. Increasing you ped card, as example :)

Happy hunting all, and no lag, ofc :)

Last edited:
Back