Merry Mayhem Update

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
An upcoming patch will address a rounding issue affecting weapon DPS restrictions in Merry Mayhem Solo instances, as well as terrain issues.

We’d also like to address several frequently asked questions about Merry Mayhem 2017.

Q. Are there any indicators when the Merry Hogglo Shield Penetration buff expires?
A. The Shield Penetration buff is removed every time the boss reaches a 20% milestone of its maximum health (80%, 60% etc). When the buff is removed in this manner there is a screen effect, sound effect and a chat system message.

Q. Will items in the Mayhem Token Trader be restocked?
A. The Mayhem Token Trader will be accessible year-round. All of the consumable and (L) items will be restocked at regular intervals. All non-(L) items currently available in the Mayhem Token Trader will remain available until purchased. Additional non-(L) items will be added to the Mayhem Token Trader in future Mayhem events, and some current items may also be restocked.

Q. How does the Modified Mayhem Token work?
A. This special token provides a 25% bonus to the total number of Mayhem Tokens looted during the event. The bonus Mayhem Tokens will be awarded after the event is completed. You may still purchase items from the Mayhem Token Trader during the event, doing so will not affect the bonus amount. This item is non-tradable and will be removed from inventory once the bonus Mayhem Tokens are awarded.

Originally Posted Here

An upcoming patch will address a rounding issue affecting weapon DPS restrictions in Merry Mayhem Solo instances, as well as terrain issues.

We’d also like to address several frequently asked questions about Merry Mayhem 2017.

Q. Are there any indicators when the Merry Hogglo Shield Penetration buff expires?
A. The Shield Penetration buff is removed every time the boss reaches a 20% milestone of its maximum health (80%, 60% etc). When the buff is removed in this manner there is a screen effect, sound effect and a chat system message.

Originally Posted Here

And the bug becomes a feature...:rolleyes:

"and allows the Merry Hogglo to be damaged for 60 seconds or up to 20% of its maximum health"

I think MA needs to reevaluate what they believe the phrase "up to 20% of its maximum health" means. Your rules stated that it could be damaged up to 20% of its max health. It did not mention ANYTHING about brackets or stops or any of the sort. Because you know that isn't how its intended to work.

I died during one cycle towards the end of the 20% stop. The next buff I got lasted 7 shots. Seven whole shots. MA knows it's broken but now they can't fix it. Maybe don't use interns to program your new event instances next time.

Last edited:
The non-(L) items remaining at the numbers they are is fairly ridiculous. Winners should have free access to whatever item they want without some arbitrary limit requiring you to be on at a specific time whenever it is the prizes are awarded in the hope you can actually obtain the item you want.

So you are going to fix the terrain bug which apparently gives an advantage (going underground) but not remove the times? So basically get your bugged runs in because event will soon be over when those times can no longer be attained. All times should be reset. If you got your time not using a bug then you can do it again, there are like 25 days left.

So you are going to fix the terrain bug which apparently gives an advantage (going underground) but not remove the times? So basically get your bugged runs in because event will soon be over when those times can no longer be attained. All times should be reset. If you got your time not using a bug then you can do it again, there are like 25 days left.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'd love to see proof of how this so called underground bug gave someone an advantage. If it was the case it should be handled like everything else and be a swift locking of their accounts.

Myself and many others attained our times legitmately with very hard to find L weapons. The masses shouldn't be punished for what a few may or may not have done.

This would only work if the players also got the high tier L guns and gear they used back too :)

This would only work if the players also got the high tier L guns and gear they used back too :)
any points scored in the first couple of days are not going to be your best. And if they are it's more likely because of an exploit, not because of hard to find L gear that is now broken.

Last edited:
Just show video proof you didn't cheat your a streamer:p
Just kidding, but in all seriousness scored set in the first couple.of days are not going to be your best. And ifnthey are.its because of an explloit not because of hard to find L gear that is now broken.

That's really not true. There are people who spent time setting up and getting the gun they plan to use and the gear lined up. They go in, do a few practice runs and then do their best run. Some already have legitimate great scores.

This is MAs fault but just about anything they do will punish the players. Maybe they should contract some more testers.

Underground exploit?
whats this about?

That's really not true. There are people who spent time setting up and getting the gun they plan to use and the gear lined up. They go in, do a few practice runs and then do their best run. Some already have legitimate great scores.

This is MAs fault but just about anything they do will punish the players. Maybe they should contract some more testers.

Those users who's score is deleted are the testers. Everyone knows MA can't code. Anyone who put a score in the first few days of a 30 day event should be aware they are TESTING it during that time. I see no reason not to remove current scores if even 10% of them are due to cheating. However if it's any less then that (like 2 cheaters in the bunch) there is no reason to change it. But if the current leaderboard is signifigantly cheated (not saying it is) then it should be wiped for sure. And only your own selfishness is saying otehrwise cause you don't want to lose the money you wasted as a unknowing beta tester. even though you should have known by now. I mean how long you been playing? lol

Those users who's score is deleted are the testers. Everyone knows MA can't code. Anyone who put a score in the first few days of a 30 day event should be aware they are TESTING it during that time. I see no reason not to remove current scores if even 10% of them are due to cheating. However if it's any less then that (like 2 cheaters in the bunch) there is no reason to change it. But if the current leaderboard is signifigantly cheated (not saying it is) then it should be wiped for sure. And only your own selfishness is saying otehrwise cause you don't want to lose the money you wasted as a unknowing beta tester. even though you should have known by now. I mean how long you been playing? lol

That approach of making users assume the responsibility and cost of testing and justifying poor releases and product is ultimately more detrimental to the entire system. Tolerating a bad roll out and punishing players for it makes no sense, no matter if I've been around 10 years or 1. No one should 'be aware' that they are doubling as testers at their expense. They pay to play a working product and that is and should always be the expectation. You assume I have selfish intent which is baffling because I'm not even competing for time because I know I can't. That doesn't mean I should have what you feel is the "right" opinion. You are suggesting a guilty until proven innocent approach and the guilt is at least in part due to MA's everlasting incompetence. Why defend them? Just because I've been around a while doesn't mean I view their negligence as acceptable. Perhaps you are the one with a selfish agenda if you want to see everyone else's scores nulled? :scratch2:

That approach of making users assume the responsibility and cost of testing and justifying poor releases and product is ultimately more detrimental to the entire system. Tolerating a bad roll out and punishing players for it makes no sense, no matter if I've been around 10 years or 1. No one should 'be aware' that they are doubling as testers at their expense. They pay to play a working product and that is and should always be the expectation. You assume I have selfish intent which is baffling because I'm not even competing for time because I know I can't. That doesn't mean I should have what you feel is the "right" opinion. You are suggesting a guilty until proven innocent approach and the guilt is at least in part due to MA's everlasting incompetence. Why defend them? Just because I've been around a while doesn't mean I view their negligence as acceptable. Perhaps you are the one with a selfish agenda if you want to see everyone else's scores nulled? :scratch2:

I'm Just saying it wouldn't be the first time they've taken this approach of letting the users be testers.
A majority of us have not played a working product for months either... we've been paying to beta test their fixes on the lag...

Btw I only think scores should be nulled if upwards of 10% of them are cheated. Verifying every score would be too much work in that case

What is wrong in the underground? I use it nearly everyday...

Those users who's score is deleted are the testers.
even though you should have known by now. I mean how long you been playing? lol

really? you`re either an idiot, or a troll, or have some pleasures in ass-licking... (or all of them :D)

Not ark underground. They are talking about some system glitch that may be appearing inside solo instance where you fall under the ground

So I guess this means not having rocks in the way...and this means not having to loose time running around the rocks...now I understand 10 minutes under my score :)) never thought it depended on buffed dps

I can say 100% that my time is legit and will be beaten by at least 2 people who are lag free. I was above ground as always. :)

I can do 16 minutes on every try and I only am using Tier 9 CDF 1k and not all possible buffs.

Fix the lag :coffee: 4 months later....

From what I know, under the ground there's water. Isn't water slower than running?

Also at least some mobs will get unreachable at some point...

I do not see this as being a valid exploit unless there's another layer of ground underneath the first one, which I highly doubt.

Not sure what u have done with the server today but this is bad :scratch2:

Knowing cry engine editor and having felt through the map before, yes there is a water line at zero height so even if someone would either on purpose or by accident fall through the floor in the instance it would be hard to believe they had an advantage. Also I believe that the ground doesn't let damage through from players. Mobs can still attack when below ground level as seen at the shared loot event in nymphtown recently.

Underground exploit?
whats this about?

It could also be an above ground hovering exploit. Jumping while rubberbanding makes you jump higher and higher, giving you a nice overview of all the mobs. If you can kill them before they reach you, they won't go inactive. Not having to run around rocks, but simply killing them from 140M distance,might give an edge. Ofcourse you don't get loot, but who needs loot if you can get the top time this way. There are examples in the other thread of people floating in the air. I am not saying that this is what happened. Star already stated 16 mins is quite possible. But it happened to me in FFA2 when I entered the instance. I could run in thin air there, and jumping made me go higher. Killing Kerbies was quite fun from 100M above. Not that it matters, because time is not a factor in FFA2.

PPL are u sick?
Underground,rubber banding high in the air....what else theories u got?
Did someone ever sow such bug,when u can run and hunt from underground??? With his own ayes?
I bet no, but u come here and cry "how that guy is doing under 20min,when I cant do it in 1h here must be cheat"
Answer is, EASY!! That guy is using his brains, u all should try sometimes,U will be amazed how usefull that grey stuff is.
I love EU and believe big part of player base are smart and decent ppl,but what we are geting here in PCF is something....something disgusting.
I really dont understand what is driving those who come up with all that nonsense,but i do understand here is no point to make mathematical examples,how those 15min scores are made, they live in reality where math dont exist. Only theories,exploits and cheats.

And yes most of u ppl are sick :(

PPL are u sick?
Underground,rubber banding high in the air....what else theories u got?
Did someone ever sow such bug,when u can run and hunt from underground??? With his own ayes?
I bet no, but u come here and cry "how that guy is doing under 20min,when I cant do it in 1h here must be cheat"
Answer is, EASY!! That guy is using his brains, u all should try sometimes,U will be amazed how usefull that grey stuff is.
I love EU and believe big part of player base are smart and decent ppl,but what we are geting here in PCF is something....something disgusting.
I really dont understand what is driving those who come up with all that nonsense,but i do understand here is no point to make mathematical examples,how those 15min scores are made, they live in reality where math dont exist. Only theories,exploits and cheats.

And yes most of u ppl are sick :(

Welcome to my world.If one can't do it you must cheat.
If you present video/proofs immediately personal/soc attack or diversion to another point back in the history.
Just make the noise ingame.Let them make the noise on forum.

is the graphic update of the MM solo when is it?
MA are you satisfied with the result you have provided? bastard work. having to play low config in solo MM while I play in very high with several players in FFA.

Luckily for me I was away and not able to do the solo MM until a couple of days ago. As I mentioned in a previous post, the lag in the solo MM was truly awful while normal gameplay and FFA was fine (by recent standards). I like the element of having to work out the instance and the restricted time for hitting the boss mob, but the gameplay was unacceptable with lag worse that anything I have ever experienced in game.

Between 2104 and 2017 I lived in Africa using the same ROG Laptop I use now and a radio line of sight internet connection. In those 2 years I never had game play as poor as the MM Solo instance. I was in MM Solo 5 with Liakon 5b and adjusted EWE - EP41 Military and Hypercharged A105. My health is 187 and I have been playing 6 years.

I found this instance impossible to play. I meet all the requirements and was looking forward to a few days of grinding this over the festive period. I never even killed 1 Hogglo, in the end I gave up.

I hope any patch makes the event at least playable otherwise it is just a complete waste of time.

Back