FYI: Remove "IMPORTANT NOTE" from Rings?

Status

Darkaruki

Stalker
Banned
Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
Every ring except a few exceptions (MMOWC comes to mind) have this "IMPORTANT NOTE" in their description

4E7lTqT.png

Since these things have been out for almost three years now and you guys have chosen to go with largely nullifying the economic significance of crit buffs as opposed to adding decay to the rings (unfortunately the correct choice imo) could we have this message removed?

I really doubt you guys will implement decay to rings now that this is the case, as it would just be a massive troll to nearly the entire playerbase, considering those changes.

:twocents:

I tried before to at least get an answer whichever way it goes, but to no avail. Mind you, this was still at the height of the buff hype and paradigms have changed since then. However, the continued silence only serves to underline the futility of relying on any "investment" in this realm. It is forever the buyer's risk to get its worth out of something and manage to pass it on before its advantage runs out.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?289445-Please-introduce-ring-decay-already

Hey, it was an unspoken agreement, we don't ask, they don't change. Now they will have to add the decay :(

Considering that adding decay would have performance implications, and that performance of the game already hasn't been stellar lately - yes, this looks like a good time to give up on the plan.

Wtf are you doing? Egging them on to impliment it?

And with the ever growing list of shit they SHOULD be working on you think this text change should go to the top of the list?

Well a good clean up of the codebase is probably a good idea provided they get good programmers from somewhere. Theres no doubt the code is unmanageable because of the clutter and bugs and poor documentation the challenge is always to get the great programmers back.

Every ring except a few exceptions (MMOWC comes to mind) have this "IMPORTANT NOTE" in their description

Nah, let it be there.

Or, maybe MA should have a sort of official repository where they can write important things, such as (possible) ring decay (together with information such as armor do decay from hits and wearables decay from taking off/putting on). If they do have an official repository of informaiton then of course they could remove information like that from every item of a certain kind.

The fact MMOWC rings doesn't have that description is probably jsut on oversight because it's designed by a planet partner and not MA centrally. (A couple of years ago there was a confusion with (L) items and blueprints because (L) was missing in item title.)

4E7lTqT.png

Since these things have been out for almost three years now and you guys have chosen to go with largely nullifying the economic significance of crit buffs as opposed to adding decay to the rings (unfortunately the correct choice imo) could we have this message removed?

I really doubt you guys will implement decay to rings now that this is the case, as it would just be a massive troll to nearly the entire playerbase, considering those changes.

in my opinion ..this is a kind of insurance message...IF...and i think they will implement a decay some day...everybody was warned and informed,.,..AND ITS ONLY IN THE ITEM INFO....so no real thing here

going to depend on the direction they take with buffs in the future... if they make em all nice and cheap, remove the decay because it won't matter... if they are going to price gouge the hell out of us as they have in the past... well... uh...

These messages are still here even though rings have been out for like three or four years, let's just get rid of them and say we've decided to not go with a ring deterioration model since we've already gone through and nerfed crit chance's impact on TT return, so adding deterioration now to rings would be redundant.

All these messages do is make people feel anxious when they look at it, when clearly this is not something that is going to be added at all in the current model for rings.

They arent going to remove the message, its a safety net for them. Many items ingame have become OP or problamatic for them and the economy but unlike normal games where they can just nerf items and adjust stats to balance here their hands are tied because of the real $ value of these items (if they start nerfing items/adjusting stats people lose faith/stop investing/game dies). So they add this so that in future they are able to modify an item to balance it. That being said i wouldnt expect rings to decay anytime soon, until they create a new item to put in boxes that replaces rings.

Do not wake up sleeping dogs!!! :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

They should make up their mind. No one should have to own or consider buying rings with that message constantly looming.

MA should never divulge any information or changes that would influence speculative buying or the value of an item or service.
It seems people want all the answers, but maybe don't realize the influence or impact anything and everything they say to the public, has on the economy.
I do not imagine they will ever remove this important note from the rings as it would change the value of them instantly without ever actually doing anything to them.

Well, they removed implication of ownership from deeds long ago, so they could just delete the warning and just randomly add in decay on a whim someday when they decide not made enough on deep token yet

why even think about changing the info text? why not keep as it? :scratch:

and imagine the shouting ..if they remove the messages and then add the decay on it...??

so best..lets keep all where its at

This reminds me the description of, iirc, imp korss, which was " *TODO* ".

I don't really care what the people in this thread are saying about how this needs to be kept and is a safeguard etc etc the rings have been around for a long time and the ring deterioration model is very obviously not the one you guys chose to go with when you nullified the impact of crit buffs on loot return, so let's see these descriptions just get fixed already instead of causing pointless confusion and worry for anybody who bothers to read them.

I still feel as though having this IMPORTANT NOTE here like four years later feels pretty bad and it should probably just be removed given the current ring meta-game is reasonably sustainable and that implementing ring decay would be madness

I don't really care what the people in this thread are saying about how this needs to be kept and is a safeguard etc etc the rings have been around for a long time and the ring deterioration model is very obviously not the one you guys chose to go with when you nullified the impact of crit buffs on loot return, so let's see these descriptions just get fixed already instead of causing pointless confusion and worry for anybody who bothers to read them.

thats nice...so the opinion of ppl isnt important right? even when 100 tell..its ok ..leave it there..TEXT says..it MAY be in Future..

And IF MA adds this detoriation....then the text would make sense right?

But since its atm cheaper for ppl (bec its not implemented yet)only your opinion is the right one yes??

thats nice...so the opinion of ppl isnt important right? even when 100 tell..its ok ..leave it there..TEXT says..it MAY be in Future..

And IF MA adds this detoriation....then the text would make sense right?

But since its atm cheaper for ppl (bec its not implemented yet)only your opinion is the right one yes??

What? I'm saying they should get rid of this pointless text, the only rings which would have warranted deterioration for balancing are the crit rings and crit's TT% advantage has already been nullified, so adding deterioration would just be adding a giant slap of insult to injury, I would be beyond baffled if they ever did that.

As far as I see it, the text is just there for no reason and it just leads to some level of discomfort/confusion for anybody who notices it.

Why do you insist on the pointless trivial things to be fixed rather than the big issues, Unfinished promises... poorly implemented promises... please just stop already.

What? I'm saying they should get rid of this pointless text, the only rings which would warrant deterioration for balancing are the crit rings and crit's TT% advantage has already been nullified, so adding deterioration would just be adding a giant slap of insult to injury, I would be beyond baffled if they ever did that.

As far as I see it, the text is just there for no reason and it just leads to some level of discomfort for anybody who notices it.

Yep and thats why i wrote also the former post...The Text ISNT pointless....it keeps doors open and prepare also players IF MA would/will implement detoriation one day.....i am sure there were some calcs in the company for that..the pros and cons....and i am sure it is/was on their radar.....

Eu is alway changing in many terms ...what yesterday was good..doesnt mean today or tomorrow it will be good too..
so if the game changes to a certain point ,then i am sure..those points will come out of the drawer...

only bec you cant think of it getting implemented in near or far away future ( and YES ofc thats a minus for the players) it doesnt mean..that those doors are and shall be closed for this scenario...

Why do you insist on the pointless trivial things to be fixed rather than the big issues, Unfinished promises... poorly implemented promises... please just stop already.

You're free to make your own threads and talk about whichever issues you notice or care about, there's nobody stopping you and I'm not your enemy.

Yep and thats why i wrote also the former post...The Text ISNT pointless....it keeps doors open and prepare also players IF MA would/will implement detoriation one day.....i am sure there were some calcs in the company for that..the pros and cons....and i am sure it is/was on their radar.....

Eu is alway changing in many terms ...what yesterday was good..doesnt mean today or tomorrow it will be good too..
so if the game changes to a certain point ,then i am sure..those points will come out of the drawer...

only bec you cant think of it getting implemented in near or far away future ( and YES ofc thats a minus for the players) it doesnt mean..that those doors are and shall be closed for this scenario...

I can think of it and it's a pointless and beyond horrible idea, therefore it logically should never be done, therefore these warnings should be removed to reflect this reality, though I understand you're mainly playing devil's advocate.

It is mainly my opinion on the matter, though, yeah.

If somebody from MA were to comment in this thread saying that although they understand the situation where the message used to make more sense because the way rings were balanced being not entirely sustainable long-term due to crit but that since they've essentially re-balanced crit the message just causes anxiety without much reason, but that they personally feel that they DO wish to keep the message present as opposed to the message just being present because they're too lazy to get rid of it because they DO believe they will re-balance rings some day to somehow involve deterioration then that would be great in terms of communication.

Could the moderator please self moderate this thread to locked, before Mindark sees it?

You're free to make your own threads and talk about whichever issues you notice or care about, there's nobody stopping you and I'm not your enemy.

This should be in a yellow box at the top of every forum subsection. Like the yellow boxes you see for the entropiawiki subforum etc...

Can't be said enough.

Also gg hax on doing so. There are so many little things, the meta threads also help keep focus.

OT I might like the comfort of having this removed but that doesn't actually mean they won't add decay when their original plans for the ring system are complete sometime between 2021 and 2024.

still needs to go

Status
Back