13 Amazing Things Mindark Has Done Right With Entropia...

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
I rip on MA all the time, not so much because they deserve it but frankly because it's just so easy. :laugh:

But despite some of their big broken promises and failures they have made some GREAT improvements to EU over the years and I want to acknowledge that. A few things that come to mind (in no particular order) are:

1. Adding Shrapnel In Loots - This was a great addition for a couple reasons. A) If makes it easier to track your returns during hunts and lets you more easily set limits on ammo cost each hunt. B) It gives us something to loot with a guaranteed (even if small) markup.
  2. Portable TT and Repair Units - For me this is the best quality of in-game life improvement ever. Being able to have access to those terminals anywhere is well worth the small cost. All that's missing now is a portable auction house so you can buy new limited guns on the fly.
  3. DPS And Eco Ratings In Weapon Info - A game changer for sure. No more hours of scouring the Entropia Wiki comparing stats and running calculations to figure what the best guns are and how much damage they do. Now all that info is right there on the item. Only thing missing is specific decay data rather than vague worded descriptions (average, good, exceptional).
  4. Global Chat Channels - So much good has some from this improvement. The Rookie chat is a vital part of the community now giving noobs quick access to help and making EU seem closer. There's ALWAYS someone online to talk to in Rookie chat. Additionally, all the custom chat channels have improved person to person business and trade allowing FAP services, Spaceship services and trading to get to a new level by connecting everyone together.
  5. ArMatrix Series Weapons - This is by far one of my favorite improvements and is something LONG overdue. As soon as they came out with the idea of limited guns they should have launched a complete series like this. These weapons are super eco, have great DPS, have clear definition of progression in which weapon to use at various levels and best of all THEY ARE CRAFTED! I never understood the logic in looting L guns. The whole point of L is to stimulate the economy by getting people to regularly buy stuff that ideally needs to be crafted from players. This series puts great weapons in the hands of everyone at a much lower price point than some UL uber guns. I firmly believe this weapon series is the future of Entropia.
  6. Reduced Armor Cost / Minimum Damage - This was another long overdue one. Finally decay is proportional to damage and plates are armor are decayed separately! This saves huge amounts of money when hunting across the board. And the fact that they have finally made it possible to deflect all damage has improved the efficiency of all armors exponentially.
  7. Show Misses/Evades For You And Mob - This was a great step forward it being able to efficiently track things like progression and hunting costs. To be able to know when it's a miss vs an evade is great in validating your skills. All that's needed now is to prevent decay on melee weapons when there is a miss.
  8. Show Skill Gains In Numerical Format - Another great way to monitor your progression and adds another level to tinfoil hat perception gains = loot theorists lol. Most importantly though is being able to easily see exactly how much you gained in skill during a hunt which you can factor the value into when calculating your return. Very interesting to see that it's not just the same amount gained every time and how what you're doing affects how much skill you get.
  9. Allow Converting Pills To Universal Ammo - This was a huge thing that freed up locked funds in many peoples accounts after the introduction of loot boxes. There were a lot of people with THOUSANDS of peds locked up in pills that would never get used (myself being one of them). Allowing everyone to convert it into ammo and pump that back into the loot pool was a very good move.
  10. Stick Notes - Being able to save info within the game has helped me so many times. I personally have dozens of stick notes where I keep item links, mob locations, mission details and more. It's made it so easy to keep track of important info without resorting to external solutions.
  11. Item Linking - Ok seriously, who doesn't use this EVERY DAY? This is probably one of the most important advancements they have made over the years to bring the community together, to allow sharing of knowledge and to further person to person trades. Even being able to paste all these into sticky notes and being able to quickly reference markups is a huge time saver.
  12. Entropia Pocket App - It had a bit of a bumpy start but this thing is a million times better than the gold card system was. Despite a couple issues at the start, I haven't had a problem with it since. It's fast, does the job and allows on the go access without the need to lug around a gold card and reader. Apparently they want to add stuff to the app but I hope they don't. It works well now let's not fuck it up by adding a bunch of bloat that could break it and prevent people from logging in. Simple is good sometimes.
  13. No Ammo Loss When Not Aimed At Mob - There must have been thousands of peds in ammo wasted in the early years with people randomly firing their gun. Either to test it after purchase or when it just won't stop shooting after killing a mob due to lag. Now ammo is only spent when in PVP or actually shooting at a mob.

Mentioned by others:
  1. Both finders as one
  2. Ability to summon claims
  3. Auto use tool
  4. Disable loot window

Are there any others that you can think of to add?

Last edited:
My list from few months ago in another thread.I post as it was back then.Will update if I consider something is/was done.

-remove the concept (self bound unless is a quest mission or something with no initial investment)
-let people tt pills/autopills/rings don't patronize their investment this will only create more frustration.
-introduce steps towards perma ban 24h/72h/1month/lifetime - warnings in advance.
-add consumables in combat token trader much better than you can find anywhere else so everyone will desire them.
-combat token vendor should be the key to your hunting profession make sure you spend time develop it !
-change the stupid wave system and if you can't at least make it hard to be determined.
-encourage grinding and reward them
-encourage people to keep their skills and make them feel their skills worth something.
-create videos explaining why a 1 week avatar should stick to this game (examples will help them)
-keep a close eye on resources which can determine turnover ingame
-main events on calypso should drop unique resources and I'm sure you can find an item you can craft with them (this way everyone will join them even though they have no chance winning)
-work on social buffs but don't fucking destroy everything
-encourage team hunt somehow - apply a debuff on mob that won't affect economy
-reduce the stupid mob criticals (doesn't help anyone or make the lower coefficient)
-make pvp/shared loot more attractive ( dedicate servers with no fucking lag?)
-implement in your launcher if you don't have it already scanning ability for 3rd party software that goes along with EU -send warning for everyone who use them
-create your OWN version of entropedia/entropialife and make it available for everyone playing the game somehow not a random webpage
-create a ladder ingame with different categories all sorts of best 100 whatever (some people are competitive)
-remove the stupid "total skill points" with total tt value of your skills which is the real value of what you got.
-work on affiliate program with people willing to spend time to bring players into your game and when they do MAKE SURE THEY DON'T LEAVE.
-fire the person who introduced easter ring 2016 if you didn't by now and tell new one to see the mistake he did next time he forges whateverring2020
-work on hitboxes (most people are lazy and auto-attack so make sure when they do no stupid bug will affect their hunt)
-expand the daily mission opportunities - you have tons of stuff you can do here.
-ignore function ingame should automatically reply to the sender red message "that avatar is ignoring you"
-some colored symbol next to your name depends on your level to be identified would be cool (green for level 1?
-mentor system is really so 1995 and it doesn't encourage anyone.
-work on unreachable status to become ranged and to attack you anywhere ranged.
-If you attack a mob you can't spawn vehicle within 20 seconds or more depends on mob's speed accordingly.
-fix mob collision to prevent going unreachable (see latest BB event , eomon stalker, arkadia shared loot , RT kong event )
-mob maturities should play a role.Don't give me the impression I hunt stalker maturity for getting the same loot as young this isn't encouraging for anyone, people won't feel the need to progress.
-create events just for noobs and above noobs.
-mob regen should increase gradually if stay afk near him to prevent looting in wave (see eomon 2015)
-add more content, new mobs, bigger mobs accordingly to your [Neurobiotic Booster A10 5mg] recently introduced.Also guns?
-add bonus mob( rare mob) spawned random few times/day as a surprise for ANY hunter in this game.
-consider refine your gun into something say "unique gun fragment" and you can use that upgrading another gun with a coefficient (this way you can get rid of some guns which are too many already and improve others) but this is a very sensitive area.
-people in EU hate to see you invest time into compet or BS with no results really.Just do something to that SPACE and get 10 times more money, lol.
If you want this game to be great again people want to see things to move forward, communication etc and clear for god damn current issues.This forum is already toxic.
-too many people consider investing into deeds is much better than playing the game which is not necessarily a bad idea however if no one playing the game deeds will worth 0 so encouraging the worker who pay for the elder would be cool.
I could find more of these if you are interested.

Making finders as one. Not one for ore and another for enmatter.
Be able to move your claim to more desirable place.

My list from few months ago in another thread.I post as it was back then.Will update if I consider something is/was done.

Couple points in there I agree with and a bunch that I don't. In any case though what you've got there loots like a wishlist of what you want them to do. My post was about things they have done already.

Making finders as one. Not one for ore and another for enmatter.
Be able to move your claim to more desirable place.

YEAH.... that's a good one right there I forgot about! Thanks!

ok for one moment i'll forget the million things mindark has done wrong :ahh:

well done *clapclapclap* :girl:

now back to business and make us happy...

Show Misses/Evades For You And Mob - This was a great step forward it being able to efficiently track things like progression and hunting costs. To be able to know when it's a miss vs an evade is great in validating your skills. All that's needed now is to prevent decay on melee weapons when there is a miss.

Isn't decay and cost normal when you miss with any weapon?

The change i liked most was removal of ammo(cells and blp) from loot and while i also like the armor changes I am not using any armor anyway.

Isn't decay and cost normal when you miss with any weapon?

The change i liked most was removal of ammo(cells and blp) from loot and while i also like the armor changes I am not using any armor anyway.

It depends how you think of it...

If I've got a sword and I swing at you and hit nothing but air how does the blade get damaged? On the other hand say I swing at you and you dodge out of the way and instead I hit a wall or rock behind you then there would be damage to the blade.

I just think there should be some small advantage to using melee over ranged. I mean guns have the HUGE advantage of range and doing damage at a distance. Melee you've gotta be close enough to smell that atrox stank to actually hit them. I figure if at least with melee you won't decay on misses (but still on evades) you get that small advantage that would equal the savings in armor/fap decay being able to shoot at a distance.

My favorite additions are auto-use and disabling the loot window, don't know how we lived without it.

My favorite additions are auto-use and disabling the loot window, don't know how we lived without it.

I can't believe I forgot that one too lol

melee and mindforce amps.
CLDs and Auds (investment opportunies for everyone)

-remove the concept (self bound unless is a quest mission or something with no initial investment)
-let people tt pills/autopills/rings don't patronize their investment this will only create more frustration.
-introduce steps towards perma ban 24h/72h/1month/lifetime - warnings in advance.
-add consumables in combat token trader much better than you can find anywhere else so everyone will desire them.
-combat token vendor should be the key to your hunting profession make sure you spend time develop it !
-change the stupid wave system and if you can't at least make it hard to be determined.
-encourage people to keep their skills and make them feel their skills worth something.
-create videos explaining why a 1 week avatar should stick to this game (examples will help them)
-main events on calypso should drop unique resources and I'm sure you can find an item you can craft with them (this way everyone will join them even though they have no chance winning)
-reduce the stupid mob criticals (doesn't help anyone or make the lower coefficient)
-implement in your launcher if you don't have it already scanning ability for 3rd party software that goes along with EU -send warning for everyone who use them
-create your OWN version of entropedia/entropialife and make it available for everyone playing the game somehow not a random webpage
-create a ladder ingame with different categories all sorts of best 100 whatever (some people are competitive)
-remove the stupid "total skill points" with total tt value of your skills which is the real value of what you got.
-work on affiliate program with people willing to spend time to bring players into your game and when they do MAKE SURE THEY DON'T LEAVE.
-fire the person who introduced easter ring 2016 if you didn't by now and tell new one to see the mistake he did next time he forges whateverring2020
-work on hitboxes (most people are lazy and auto-attack so make sure when they do no stupid bug will affect their hunt)
-expand the daily mission opportunities - you have tons of stuff you can do here.
-ignore function ingame should automatically reply to the sender red message "that avatar is ignoring you"
-some colored symbol next to your name depends on your level to be identified would be cool (green for level 1?
-If you attack a mob you can't spawn vehicle within 20 seconds or more depends on mob's speed accordingly.
-fix mob collision to prevent going unreachable (see latest BB event , eomon stalker, arkadia shared loot , RT kong event )
-mob maturities should play a role.Don't give me the impression I hunt stalker maturity for getting the same loot as young this isn't encouraging for anyone, people won't feel the need to progress.
-mob regen should increase gradually if stay afk near him to prevent looting in wave (see eomon 2015)
-add more content, new mobs, bigger mobs accordingly to your [Neurobiotic Booster A10 5mg] recently introduced.Also guns?
-add bonus mob( rare mob) spawned random few times/day as a surprise for ANY hunter in this game.
-consider refine your gun into something say "unique gun fragment" and you can use that upgrading another gun with a coefficient (this way you can get rid of some guns which are too many already and improve others) but this is a very sensitive area.
-people in EU hate to see you invest time into compet or BS with no results really.Just do something to that SPACE and get 10 times more money, lol.
If you want this game to be great again people want to see things to move forward, communication etc and clear for god damn current issues.This forum is already toxic.
-too many people consider investing into deeds is much better than playing the game which is not necessarily a bad idea however if no one playing the game deeds will worth 0 so encouraging the worker who pay for the elder would be cool.

Putting a wishlist in a thread that applauds what Mindark has done, that's probably the dumbest thing i ever heard from anyone playing this game and then you wonder why don't we have quick learning players that reach the top of this game.
Because its hard to think for yourself when you are noob in this game so you have to listen to all those dumb stupid comments in this forum or rookie chat.
#forevernoob

Haha this forum warrior will just wait for your posts , how are the merry snarg brah ?

Haha this forum warrior will just wait for your posts , how are the merry snarg brah ?

Finished it! and I got my 50% skillgain rifle! almost level 2 laser sniper now! I am gaining skills so fast, It's hard to keep up with my sweating!

They got Project Entropia off the ground. Unfortunately they got eaten by their pet Alsatian somewhere around '10.

Reactions: Meg

Some ppl used autoclicker.. i used to waste my finger tips while drilling those 3k ped lyst depos.. god it was a good addition to game..

I agree with all of that, especially for Affiliate program. More player in the universe will resolve alot problem like whinning in forum.

best things, sorted by most important imo up
* no ammo lost when not shooting at mob
* reduced armor cost
* attempted fix of wave system
* melee and mindforce amps
* auto use
* replacing ammo from loot with shrapnel (introduction of shrapnel itself not so much, and it isn't MU by definition if used to convert to universal ammo, just bit more tt return and it came by removing actual stackables from the loot)
* efficiency introduction - provided it works as advertised - is at least something very clear in the weapon stats - but should add dpp as well since they claim it still affects loot composition, otherwise like in merry mayhem prizes we have to guess what dpp the new guns are going to have
* pocket app for second level authentication instead of gold card
* item links and other chat improvements
* more logging info
* no loot window
* introduction of mayhem format that does not ask to track the time and is more about skill than luck

worst things, sorted by most important imo up
* the recent introduction and inability of solving the lag issue
* secret (undocumented) meetings with some players that make us question any corruption going on + failure to respond to the questions about this in any form
* introduction of planet partners with already limited playerbase and ending up competing with them for the playerbase
* the bad model of LA ownership and the unclear rules of how the LA tax affects returns - they only ever clarified where the tax goes but not the longterm effect on the players returns
* introduction of cld's (player loan) and the crazy % that they are paying for that player cash injection
* wasting time on sideprojects like compet and crypto-currencies recently
* the miserable balancing, even after removing the difference of maturity vs. loots that can drop
* return system that lets players lose ~10k peds per month with almost no months in plus for periods like 15 months, at the very least it should vary (dynamic anyone?)
* return system that favors players after long inactivity, drops big loots to noobs and favours walk by shooters to grinders in an area
* return system that as of some point does not care about skills
* crit buff scam, nullifying their effects instead of taking some balancing effect
* introducing EST the limited unlimited armor that (+ everyone exploiting them to the max) was the reason for the crit buff scam + failing to remove it when it was clear it is a big issue
* not allowing people to leave the game by making avatar / skills bulk transfer legal, making all the sore loosers stick around and poison the forum with their failures (yea I am one of those folks)
* not allowing boxes to be bought for peds
* soulbound items in RCE
* no entropedia like MA run environment
* not allowing more logging like the tt value of the loot in chatlog

But despite some of their big broken promises and failures they have made some GREAT improvements to EU over the years and I want to acknowledge that. A few things that come to mind (in no particular order) are:
Are there any others that you can think of to add?

While I agree to most of OPs points I have to say that No5 is not something MA introduced!
That was created by Arkadia PP, so heads up this team: they are doing really good job.

Beside that MA introduced series of L weapons long time ago, but nobody can craft it as the components have been removed from loots. FYI

[*]Portable TT and Repair Units - For me this is the best quality of in-game life improvement ever. Being able to have access to those terminals anywhere is well worth the small cost. All that's missing now is a portable auction house so you can buy new limited guns on the fly.

I dream of Portable Manufacturing Unit (L) at reasonable price so I can craft anywhere on fresh air :D

Last edited:
They exsist just not limited

Personal Crafting Terminals are a very old, rare relic in the game. I bought on many many years ago. Problem is if you set it down in a public place, anyone can pick it up and run off with it.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to messi91 again.

Props to... Select next target!! Used in combo with show status (hp bar) it's amazing!

Edit...Also: waypoints for the map! Very helpful in society and mentor/disciple chats!

I like how they have developed lots of content for newbs to make them stick around (and deposit)
Fort Lahar, Sisyphos, puny mob missions around Cape Corinth etc.
Oh, and daily missions for tokens (though I rarely bother doing them myself)

• Total Skill count (either as a total or per category)
  • Health for the Mindforce hunters
  • Screenshot function

There's dozens more, but there's 3 fairly recent changes that I dont think have been mentioned so far.

It's certainly nice to see a positive thread. Its' always good to take a step back and appreciate the improvements and how far we have actually come together.

Indeed a nice initiative :)

Additional stuff
1. Introducing Tp-chip / vehicles - making more areas available to more people.
2. Increasing density of TPs
3. Autoteleport to revival terminal
4. Affordable homes for everyone
5. Removing rent from apartments
6. Skill missions / overall easier to obtain skills
7. Less CTDs and rubberbanding

tomorrow's VU 15.17.1? :rolleyes:

not the weekday tho...

Back