Mêlée all the Way! 2018 - Ark Edition

Ardorj

Elite
Society
NBK Rangers
Ardorj-Njarr
(Copy-past from Ark.Forum)

Mêlée all the Way! [MatW] 2018 : friday 9th Feb. - sunday 11th Feb.

Hello my fellow Arkadians, Mêlée-fans, and backstabbers,

It's time to announce that MatW is coming to Arkadia this winter! For those who are unfamiliar with Mêlée all the Way!: It's a free team-hunting event where ranged weapons are not allowed. It's fun, it's cool to take down the big mobs with swords only, it's chaotic at times, it's ... let's see for youself with these links: 2017 (Caly), 2017 (Ark), 2016, and 2015. (Link to Ark.Forum)

I'm always doing things a little bit different then previous editions. The two major changes this time are:
1. One free MANTA K-TT (L) for all who want one. You can get one each hunt; a hunt ends when I repair all my gear, and make a new line in my blog (see sig below). It can happen that we go to another location and hunt another mob in the same 'hunt'. Next hunt you can get one new MANTA K-TT (L) again.
2. You can win a prize! (even I don't know yet what it is) It's for the hunter who looted the item with the highest TT value, and post a pic of it here before wednesday 14th.

The five sessions are: 1) Friday evening with "Heavy Mêlée" 2) Saturday midday with "TT-Mêlée" 3) Saturday evening with "Katsuichi Krazy!" 4) Sunday midday with "Hey you, Lokabhu!" and 5) Sunday evening with "Free for all". See the end of this post for more details.

General Information, I will ...
1) ... start at different times, lasting also different hours. See further below for what time each day.
2) ... make a team "Arkadia Mêlée all the Way 2018!" where everyone* who wants to can join me. As long as one uses a mêlée weapons that's fine by me, ie. it's a public 'free event'.
* One day is more geared towards beginners, another for the pro's.
3) ... hunt only using mêlée, not even a tagging-weapon if that can be avoided. Only I will use some kind of tagger, in case the mobs we are hunting are too agressive, or when needed otherwise.
4) ... hunt on Planet Arkadia and in the Underground.
5) ... do my best so that you can win the following: a) Fun! b) Friends! c) Mêlée skills and unlocks! d) New level in Mêlée-prostandings! e) New Mêlée weapons! f) The prize for looting the highest TT-item!
6) ... hunt and global on as many creatures as possible.

The event-rules are not too complicated:
1) Every-one is invited. Have fun and invite your friends to share the fun. One day is more suitable for those with no or little mêlée skills, others for those with more.
2) Team-rules will be set to 'Damage, stack share' and the equal sharing of items is a must. However, hunters who fight with a free MANTA K-TT (L) are excluded from the itemshare. Last time on Calypso included many MindForce chips such as Corrosive Attack Nanochip V (L), Kinetic Attack Nanochip VII (L), Synchronization Chip XIV, Cryogenic Attack Nanochip VIII (L), and one sword: Omegaton Saturn (L).
3) Your skills and gear don't matter, it's cool wether you use a MAKO FAL-1 from the TT, or an über weapon, tier 8.x with enhancers, Trauma Amp and stuff. (Again, depending on the day)
4) Only use mêlée weapons, shooting is a capital offense!
6) To try to get globals from as many Arkadian creatures as possible. We can't always global, but with a bit of pride I can say that we can HOF (on Caly)!
7) When there's no-body to hunt with me I'll open a nice bottle of beer and pretend to have friends.

I noticed that things can be unclear while talking ingame about the Hours Mêlée all the Way! Therefore I've now included a ...
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is MatW?
A: Mêlée all the Way! That's my motto, and the name of this event.
Q: When is the starttime?
A: That depends on the day. See further below for more details.
Q: I can only use a TT-blade, can I still join?
A: Yes you can! Dmg/sec is not important because the loot-distribution is set to 'Damage, stack share'. That means that when you do only 1% of the dmg, you'll get only 1% of the stackables. In fact, friday is specially for those who can only use (or want to) TT-Mêlée!
Q: What can I win in this event?
A: Not much. It's not an event with a big prize at the end, it's an event to have fun and hunt with other mêlée-fans in a team. Mêlée all the Way! is about coming together as mêlée-hunters. (What you can win when you loot the item with the highest TT-value will be announced later. Don't expect too much though).
Q: Why can't I use a tagger?
A: Because that's why. When I started this game - 13 years ago now - I said to myself to only use mêlée-weapons. I made the mistake to buy a Sollomate Opalo when that item was introduced, yet I still hunt ~90% mêlée only. Tagging is for wossies who are afraid they can get hurt.
Q: Do you need a healer?
A: Needed = no. Welcome = yes. Everyone is entitled to take care of his/her own health. That includes armour, and combat fap. If you want to, you can join as a healer, but it will be entirely on your own cost. I will not set a healers share in the team rules.
Q: What is the estimated cost to join?
A: That depends entirely on yourself ofcourse, what weapon will you use and how long will you join the hunt? To give you an idea, hunting for one hour with the MAKO FAL-TT (L) at constant slashing: 33 attacks/min * 60 = 1980 attacks/hour ; 2,65 PEC/use /100 = 0,0265 PED/ use ; 1980 * 0,0265 = 52,47 PED. Last year I spended, including defense-costs, a little over 2350 PED, and on Calypso about 1925 PED.
Q: Where do I apply? or where can I buy a ticket?
A: The event is free for all, hunting all over Planet Arkadia. Therefor you don't have to apply and don't have to buy a ticket. It's nice if you leave a note that you want to of course! During the hunts I'll try to spam Ark.chat regularily what we are hunting and give the coords. You can also add me ingame, look for Bregi Ardorj-Njarr.
Q: You have such a difficult name! How should I call you?
A: Ardorj, that's not too difficult when you try it a few times haha. Ard for sure is oké too.

1. Friday 9th February : Heavy Mêlée
Let's start with a blast (blow!) and take the heaviest mêlée weapon you can use!
Start: 18:30 MA-Time.
End: ~22:00 MA-Time.
Special rule: As much dmg/sec as you can handle.

2. Saturday 10th February : TT-Mêlée
This time is for those with little or no mêlée skills to try it out. A good team can, even with only simple TT-weapons, take down quite some strong mobs. Think like Nusul, Hadraada, Wombana.
Start: 14:00 MA-Time.
End: 16:30 MA-Time
Special rule: Use the Mêlée weapons from the TT only! Feel free to use one from a different planet if you want. (max 5.0 dmg/sec)

3. Saturday 10th February : Katsuichi Krazy!
Katsuichi was my old sword of choice. And I know that many part-time mêlée hunters have one or two of these. So let's go old skool and be krazy with the Katsuichi, Dagger of Doom & Despair, Castorian Survival EnBlade-7, Thorifoid Battle Club, Dominax Cobra and other non-SIB weapons! (ie. the old weapons that are maxed-out at level 100).
Start: 17:30 MA-Time.
End: ??? when I go to bed ???
Special rule: Only old skool weapons (no SIB) allowed!

4. Sunday 11th February : Hey you, Lokabhu!
This time it's for those who have hunted with mêlée before, but aren't a pro yet. So we'll use many's favorite Philosopher's Sword, or similar. That means try to keep it below 42.0 dmg/sec.
Start: 12:00 MA-Time.
End: 16:00 MA-Time
Special Rule: Hunt with your Philo, Lokabhu, similar weapon or lower.

5. Sunday 11th February : Free for all
This day it won't matter what kind of weapon and outfit you use. Use your TT-blade or your super-duper club.
Start: 17:30 MA-Time.
End: 22:30 MA-Time
Special rule: let's end the MatW good!

And just like last time ... things are subject to change!

Sharpen your blades! Loves,
Ardorj :boxer::smash::boxer:

Last edited:
yeah baby!

Count me in!:lolup::wtg::cool:

One of my favorite events.

Bump for the Mêlée event on Arkadia! :yay:

A little bump for a big Mêlée event :cool::ahh:

Bump for Mêlée hunting on Arkadia this weekend! :lolup:

at least 6 globs in the last Kadra/Otorugi hunt :D :lolup:
tnx for a very enjoyable evening!

Back