FYI: Mayhem Melee amps

slither

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Snake Slither Hellfire
Just for those of you who haven't realised this yet, the new mayhem melee amps that give defensive bonuses and lifesteal can be used at the same time as a standard damage amp :)

I've been using my combat mace VI with Melee trauma amp VI and Mayhem delta amp :yay: The 8% lifesteal and the 20% defensive bonus let you take down some pretty big mobs :)

Just for those of you who haven't realised this yet, the new mayhem melee amps that give defensive bonuses and lifesteal can be used at the same time as a standard damage amp :)

I've been using my combat mace VI with Melee trauma amp VI and Mayhem delta amp :yay: The 8% lifesteal and the 20% defensive bonus let you take down some pretty big mobs :)

Interesting
I wonder if possible to use L amp with say A10x?

Interesting
I wonder if possible to use L amp with say A10x?

That is not possible. The Melee ones are classified as attachments and not amps, but the laser and blp ones are still classed as amps.

Correct. They arent amps.

interesting coincidence for this to overlap with linzey & co buying the unique knife and sword :)

interesting coincidence for this to overlap with linzey & co buying the unique knife and sword :)

interesting coincidence that the amps where around BEFORE the knife was looted/sold and one had the same Chance than all others to test the specific. it took an approx. 1 hour to find this out. so really an interesting coincidence... wtf!

would still like to clarify via support if this is as intended or screwup in balancing which is not uncommon - sounds strange that some weapons can use 2 amps no matter how they are classified...

but as linzey said once, it is our duty as players of this game to exploit every edge (e.g. balancing mistake) the developers make (like the est) (interpreted by me to no matter the consequences or the moral side of it) - so yea surely he & co are actively looking for any edge regardless of having additional info or not, and squeeze the most out of it (imho despicable)

second, as far as linzey & co / ma do not clarify their past secret meetings (which is a documented fact from my chatlog in hogs) and make sure next ones are fully disclosed to the other players, I will reserve my right to suspect some inside info every strange case that happens to linzey, be it a new "feature" that he knows about first, suspicious loot or anything else

p.s.
imho the only way to surely buy expensive stuff like terminator or the unique melees is to have info for how long are you going to have the edge - like we found out buying the crit buff items (viridian anyone)?

PROPS to slither for revealing this info to the community, imho that is the way to go

interesting coincidence that the amps where around BEFORE the knife was looted/sold and one had the same Chance than all others to test the specific. it took an approx. 1 hour to find this out. so really an interesting coincidence... wtf!

Last edited:
The melee mayhem attachments is no more or less than an attachment, just like the crit scoope and increase damage lasers for ranged weapons, the difference is that the melee attachments is of the defensive type while the scoope and lasers are offensive types and the scoope and laser is unlimited while the melee attachments is limited.

imho the only way to surely buy expensive stuff like terminator or the unique melees is to have info for how long are you going to have the edge - like we found out buying the crit buff items (viridian anyone)?
PROPS to slither for revealing this info to the community, imho that is the way to go
2018-01-02 11:18 Entropia Universe Support:
Hi Smilgs,
Thank you for your support case.
This is intentional and is considered a feature, they are allowed to be use together with an additional amp in this way.
well now it is clearer (to me at least) why linzey and co got the 2 unique melees in a rush, gz!

well now it is clearer (to me at least) why linzey and co got the 2 unique melees in a rush, gz!

I guess there are more players with inside connections then.
Xen here
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...icial-Dagger&p=3613703&viewfull=1#post3613703

Aio
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...icial-Dagger&p=3613710&viewfull=1#post3613710

Evy even had a screen of the attachment before knife was sold
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...icial-Dagger&p=3613717&viewfull=1#post3613717

Guess what happened 1 month later, new weapons with better effi and weapon with better dps plus new style events have rendered that top dps blade useless for competion.
Guess MA forget to tell linzey that this was going to happen.

And Reguarding that 1% crit gun, you cant blame anyone else for not doing your homework when trading that vs a MM.
Already when release of stats me and many others deemed it worthless, even with 100% crit added the poor dpp wouldnt cover the diffrance between an MM.
There was no focused blow magic saying youd get better loot with 1% more crit, was all about the DPP
Since the 2.0 balancing id say its gotten more use then it had before.

Last edited:
None of them (explicitly) mentioned the feature of 2 amps on melee the subject of this thread?
Think as of this + efficiency and if the crazy dpp mentioned on entropiawiki being correct and actually means anything it's still the best thing out there even for grinding big mobs also extra hp wise from melee.
My issue with the viridian is that it was the first weapon released with crit buff as top prize just to be nerfed 6m later.
Was not expecting magic just change weapon to come to less uses per minute worst case reduce turnover as of constant losses.
And my issue with linzey meetings is not proof that he / others get inside info it is that these kinds of undocumented meetings plant a seed of doubt of it happening and ma not giving a fuck to address it.
I guess there are more players with inside connections then.
Xen here
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...icial-Dagger&p=3613703&viewfull=1#post3613703

Aio
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...icial-Dagger&p=3613710&viewfull=1#post3613710

Evy even had a screen of the attachment before knife was sold
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...icial-Dagger&p=3613717&viewfull=1#post3613717

Guess what happened 1 month later, new weapons with better effi and weapon with better dps plus new style events have rendered that top dps blade useless for competion.
Guess MA forget to tell linzey that this was going to happen.

And Reguarding that 1% crit gun, you cant blame anyone else for not doing your homework when trading that vs a MM.
Already when release of stats me and many others deemed it worthless, even with 100% crit added the poor dpp wouldnt cover the diffrance between an MM.
There was no focused blow magic saying youd get better loot with 1% more crit, was all about the DPP
Since the 2.0 balancing id say its gotten more use then it had before.

Back