respawn timer...

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
God dam it mindark... with all the bullshit that needs to be fixed with this game adding incremental respawn timers was one of the things you decided was essential to get done???

This shit has no place in the regular game take it the fuck out! This sort of thing only belongs in PVP events.

This literally serves no purpose but to piss people off.

Last edited:
I agree that its frustrating. Hadn't noticed until the Feffox Queen spawn in Nymph, spent most of that time being dead.

Perhaps the purpose was to prevent people from skilling evade/dodge by running out to die on high lvl mobs? Not sure how many that did this but it could potentially be due to this.

I've not been IG yesterday or today....what are you talking about if I may ask?

I've not been IG yesterday or today....what are you talking about if I may ask?

I think its been in the game for a while.

Its basically an incremental respawn timer each time you die.

Example
Die once: wait 10 sec to respawn

Die 5 times: wait 80 sec to respawn

I haven't had to wait more that 80-90 sec, I think that it might be the cap.

I agree that its frustrating. Hadn't noticed until the Feffox Queen spawn in Nymph, spent most of that time being dead.

Perhaps the purpose was to prevent people from skilling evade/dodge by running out to die on high lvl mobs? Not sure how many that did this but it could potentially be due to this.

yes the new timer is very annoying...and mostly during a hunt for gib ones where you die more often or at a special mob event like in twin ,etc..

but i also think it was bec of some ppl trying to "bot" or get an autorun into big ones to farm evade etc? but honestly ..even IF they are/were doing it .,.they would have to do it for like some months and thats for like 20 ped..LOL...

Skill up your evade, wear better armour, use bigger fap, or hunt smaller mobs.

It's not dieing that triggers it, it's dieing constantly over a short period of time.

Skill up your evade, wear better armour, use bigger fap, or hunt smaller mobs.

Or wait for MA to fix the lag issues? That's the cause of 92% of my deaths. Seriously, trying to heal for well over 10 seconds while watching an FFA 2 Spider chip away my hp, little by little. Not very fun!

Sorry for the OT. But back to topic. I rarely have issues with the respawn timer myself, but I've seen people on stream getting frustrated because of it. Generally a mechanic in a game that makes players frustrated usually isnt a very good one.

Invest in evade/dodge and invest in better armor/plates.

The timers are there to prevent death/revival evade skilling abuse and to help protect poor noobs from themselves to help reduce their cycle rates especially in shared loot gambling mini events. People asked MA to make the game cheaper for a decade this is one of those systems that does just that. You can't spend if you're dead.

Well that has got to be the saddest excuse to implement that frustration.

MA's giving out skill boosts buffs, pills, XP for free quests left right and center for various skills. People get free gear and ammo when they start the game, you've got people using bots for sweating, people using alts to heal themselves with TT faps, people vtol hunting, rings that buff players without decay or negative effect, people logging out in space to avoid being looted and to jump their ship across the map and rampant lag that ever day is pushing people closer and closer to quitting forever but a couple guys running for a few points of evade - that's what's gonna topple the whole EU economy. Yeah Let's piss off deposing players to stop THOSE guys. *slow clap* yup.... priorities.

Never mind that it would take them years of running just to try to get up any reasonable amount of evade and the gains won't even cover the cost of electricity to run the game. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to just create a million new accounts for the free gear and ammo? Create new account, bot through the first few missions, get your free gear, go out and hunt with your free ammo then trade the loots to your main avatar once you're out of the noob area. I mean then you're actually getting stuff with TT value not just skills that are worth 1/10th the value when you sell them.

Anyways, I may have flown off the handle about this.... probably because I'm still raging over this lag BS. Geez took a break for a few months come back and after two weeks I'm ready to walk away again. Not because of loot but because this lag... it's sooooo frustrating. Team that with the fact MA hasn't had an open line of communication with players since about 2006 and their only statement of "we're working on it" isn't cutting it for me. I'd like to see some specific HOW exactly they are working on it and when we can actually see some improvement. Do they even care that players have started taking it upon themselves to use VPN's just so they can play without lag?

This game seems to succeed despite MA's best efforts to run it into the ground.:laugh: (for now...)

Here's why i think the revive system is good.

On big shared mobs you get a few guys with the skills/armour/fap to stay alive, and they do this by spending on decay. Then you get a couple dozen guys without armour revive killing and spending nothing on armour/fap and just a couple of pec on flying or TPing.

Why should the guys revive killing have the same chances as the guys spending on decay?

Here's why i think the revive system is good.

On big shared mobs you get a few guys with the skills/armour/fap to stay alive, and they do this by spending on decay. Then you get a couple dozen guys without armour revive killing and spending nothing on armour/fap and just a couple of pec on flying or TPing.

Why should the guys revive killing have the same chances as the guys spending on decay?

Ugh really?

1. I think you're missing the point of a "shared" mob. Generally speaking it's about getting everyone together regardless of skill and gear to take something down that very few (if any) would be able to solo. IE anyone that can solo a feffox queen or purger please raise your hand.

2. The same chances? I think you're forgetting that what you get is based on the damage you do. It's not an even split of loot. That being the case, what do you care that another guy isn't wearing armor or fapping and getting those extra few pec or couple ped in extra decay? Especially when it may cost 40 - 100 ped ammo per kill per person on some big shared mob. Maybe that guy isn't wearing armor because even with it one hit kills them because they don't have 200+ HP. Maybe that person is doing more DPS than you regardless of the armor they wear because they chose to invest 10x what you have in their gun and hunting skills rather than armor and fap so even though they aren't spending on fap decay they are spending twice what you are in ammo cost? Maybe having them there chipping away at the mob is saving YOU money because the faster you kill the mob the less regen you're paying for extra. Having that extra gun sitting around for 80 seconds is only serving to allow that mob to regen more HP that YOU have to pay to take out while you wait for that person to revive. But oh well at least you can relish in the fact that unlike them you're paying for armor and fap decay like a real man? lol

3. Finally, you know what advantage you get for having the high hp, gear, fap...etc? You get to stay there and shoot constantly at max DPS increasing your share of loot and chance to grab any item/ ESI drop. Those that don't lose precious time to get shots in and their share goes down. Isn't that enough? You probably think charging a ped fee to revive is a good idea too? Screw it lets make it that you're only allowed 1 revive per 24 hour period - that'll show all those noobs! You die and you're done playing for the day. Yeah... that'll help grow the loot pool. Nothing helps the ped flow more than when you're sitting there waiting to revive....

This mentality is one of the bigger issues in EU these days... too many people have that attitude that if you're not in it balls deep with uber skills and gear and an avatar value of at least $100,000 USD you shouldn't even be allowed to play. And if you ARE allowed to play you MUST lose to pay those that have put in more money.

Last edited:
3. Finally, you know what advantage you get for having the high hp, gear, fap...etc? You get to stay there and shoot constantly at max DPS increasing your share of loot and change to grab any item/ ESI drop. Those that don't lose precious time to get shots in and their share goes down.

Exactly my point. The revive delay evens things up. You may think its too long, I don't.

Exactly my point. The revive delay evens things up. You may think its too long, I don't.

Well I think you've got a skewed perception on what counts as "even".

Even is the wrong word, balanced is better. If you think a naked 150hp guy should have an even chance with a 350hp guy in shadow & mod fap then you're playing the wrong game.

Really the revive survive guys are wasting their time especially on a high regen mob. Their loot is generally minor compared to the armoured/amped up shooter.

While the mob is attacking them it gives me more shots.

I take home a larger share of the loot just standing way back using a long range gun eg my tiered ml-35. And when the mob attacks me I switch to a more powerful weapon till the survive guys are back.

It is a completely unnecessary inclusion and even more annoying is having to click ok to revive after the time is up.

MA continue to annoy the ones (heavy depositors) to name one fraction, that have built this game to were it is.

Sadly a lot of those are slowly getting peed off and leaving or down playing. I don't see any advantage in this.

EU was based originally on loyalty which aids retention.

A constant influx of new players who come and go and do not deposit the necessary funds will eventually hurt the game.

More thought into fixing the game mechanics, constant faults and play would be more advantageous than the constant pursuit of unnecessary eye candy

A constant influx of new players who come and go and do not deposit the necessary funds will eventually hurt the game.

I think it already is and that's why MA is looking for outside sources (compet,deeptoken...etc.) to fund the development of EU rather than EU being able to support itself.

Personally, I think they are betting everything on this deeptoken thing since compet failed. And if the deeptoken thing doesn't pan out I think it's gonna be time to jump ship.

I do big shared every here and then, but this mobs are way to strong for me.
I don´t have an armor that really protects me from sandking´s hits.
At the latest shared Mulmuns near Minopolis there was a L385 Boss and this could kill me very fast too.

Speak I am one of those dying a lot on shared mobs even with my ImpFAP that helps to keep me alive every here and then.
Is the revive timer to long?
No it isn´t.

Even is the wrong word, balanced is better. If you think a naked 150hp guy should have an even chance with a 350hp guy in shadow & mod fap then you're playing the wrong game.

So slither wants this respawn timer so only he and maybe an uber or 2 can basically solo event bosses?

As already pointed out the non-ubers basically get squat for loot and yet they still get a feeling that they participated and were part of EU!
This new system will now give most loot to even fewer players. Non-ubers and new players will now sit in "penalty box" for not having a gazillion HP and uber equipment. Giving them a feeling they are shut out of events, etc and probably feel like they are not a part of EU and that there's no place for them to even be here.

This means new players will quickly leave thinking thank goodness I could join without spending a dime and see PE/EU was never a social game but just a hangout for a handful of billionaire type selfish greedy snobs.

Without new players feeling part of EU or thinking they can take part of any events no matter what level, then there is no reason to spend, stay, and play. So this respawn timer only hurts the game because long term it increases idleness + boredom and it kills interest + re-playability and leaves the majority of players in "penalty box"...

As for "free skilling"... the few players that are still willing to do sweating just to sell 1k for a kick in the nuts must now take even longer to revive...
So good luck with that MA, and yes I already started selling off and TT'ing all my MF equipment.

So slither wants this respawn timer so only he and maybe an uber or 2 can basically solo event bosses?

Have you seen my gear? Ghoul, L fap, and a <70 dam/sec weapon. I'm not close to being in the league with the tanks who can do the big mobs.

There's a large variety of mobs and shared events, many which can be enjoyed by everyone, but why do you think you should be able to do everything in game without investing some time and/or peds?

Have you seen my gear? Ghoul, L fap, and a <70 dam/sec weapon. I'm not close to being in the league with the tanks who can do the big mobs.

There's a large variety of mobs and shared events, many which can be enjoyed by everyone, but why do you think you should be able to do everything in game without investing some time and/or peds?

someone else explain it to him. :rolleyes:

Don't need it explaining. You think you should get everything with no effort, I think you should work for what you get.

There's plenty for the new players, who the hell joins a game and gets upset because they can't kill the biggest mob in game on they're first day?

This means new players will quickly leave thinking thank goodness I could join without spending a dime and see PE/EU was never a social game but just a hangout for a handful of billionaire type selfish greedy snobs.

lol pretty much sums it up right there.

Welcome to Entropia - The Millionaires Playground.™

someone else explain it to him. :rolleyes:

Well Slithers is around in EU longer than me, don´t think there is much I could explain to him.

I can explain something to you:

Me as a mid level hunter don´t want to have the same chances in any event (wave or other event) as hunters like Messi, Star, Yoda and Co.

These very well known UBERs have invested tons of money over the years to build their skills and collect all that gear that they actually own. Much more than I did, and very likely much more than I will invest in my lifetime.
This guys work hard to stay at the top.
This guys deserve to have an advantage in the high end events!

I can´t understand why you noobs, nobody ever have heared that you even exist, always want to have the same chances in events as those people that grind hard since how long? 12+ years now, several thousand PED turnover on a daily base.

Come on, play at your level. There is really enough options for all levels, including wave spawns (shared).

When the timer was introduced, my first thought was o shit, that will hurt me. But now we have that timer for a while, and from my experience: If I hunt at my level, it rarly exceeds the 10 secs, because I simply don´t die if I hunt at my level xD
Think about it!

Well Slithers is around in EU longer than me, don´t think there is much I could explain to him.

Me as a mid level hunter don´t want to have the same chances in any event (wave or other event) as hunters like Messi, Star, Yoda and Co.

These very well known UBERs have invested tons of money over the years to build their skills and collect all that gear that they actually own. Much more than I did, and very likely much more than I will invest in my lifetime.

I can´t understand why you noobs, nobody ever have heared that you even exist, always want to have the same chances in events as those people that grind hard since how long? 12+ years now, several thousand PED turnover on a daily base.

Come on, play at your level. There is really enough options for all levels, including wave spawns (shared).

When the timer was introduced, my first thought was o shit, that will hurt me. But now we have that timer for a while, and from my experience: If I hunt at my level, it rarly exceeds the 10 secs, because I simply don´t die if I hunt at my level xD
Think about it!

Never heard of you either so you must be yet another noob thats gotten all offended that someone pointed out that your "friend" can't think.
Never wrote others should get f*** all for free.
Never wrote I give a *** about anything you say or do.
Never wrote I wanted some chance equal at any damn thing in EU.
Never wrote about 90% of the BS you attempted to attack me and others whom may disagree with you.
Never went full tard to write about play style or whatever level others play at, or pay at.
So maybe instead of glancing making a pile of assumptions.
Go back and read what I actually wrote.

And FYI just to address ALL the other stinking tripe you wrote:
Just because a person's played a game or worked at a job for years doesn't mean they know/learned a damn thing.
Just because someone has a pile of money doesn't mean they have 1 iota of intelligence, class or manners.
Sometimes a dumb pig in a tux or dress is just that.

Think about it!

BTW those shoes fit you real fine!!!

not slither decide what he wants.Mindark does.Your assumption here is wrong.
Why we have a respawn timer?Maybe because of bots?people afk skilling @ zychion? I dunno
Respawn timer on big shared loot is not appropriate to be honest but thats not the point.
As already pointed out the non-ubers basically get squat for loot and yet they still get a feeling that they participated and were part of EU!

No one was born uber in this game.You just have to work your ass out until you reach that kind of status if no one told you.We all started level 1.
If you don't like what you get, leave! stop crying.

This new system will now give most loot to even fewer players. Non-ubers and new players will now sit in "penalty box" for not having a gazillion HP and uber equipment. Giving them a feeling they are shut out of events, etc and probably feel like they are not a part of EU and that there's no place for them to even be here.

You will sit where your place is, yes right there.If you want to achieve greater goals invest, no one is forcing you to do anything you don't want to.
If you want to hunt toe to toe with the ubers make sure you're ready.If not get back to your kerberos until you are prepared to invest.

New players leave for one reason.They lack information.They get information only from the worst possible players in this game who have absolutely no fucking clue what to tell them.Most of them are people not willing to deposit 10$ a month.

Without new players feeling part of EU or thinking they can take part of any events no matter what level, then there is no reason to spend, stay, and play. So this respawn timer only hurts the game because long term it increases idleness + boredom and it kills interest + re-playability and leaves the majority of players in "penalty box"...
New players huge for the game but it doesn't mean on the other hand they should get everything on a table served with no effort and no incentive to grow as avatar and have some models.

As for "free skilling"... the few players that are still willing to do sweating just to sell 1k for a kick in the nuts must now take even longer to revive...
So good luck with that MA, and yes I already started selling off and TT'ing all my MF equipment.

Make sure you play under Mindark rules next time.Let them develop their own game , stop with the extortion.
Sell it already.No one will miss you I can tell you that.

blah blah blah...
Sell it already.No one will miss you I can tell you that.
Ditto
End game is nigh when only the fanboiz and paid to play keep posting after trying to twist what was written.

Ditto
End game is nigh when only the fanboiz and paid to play keep posting after trying to twist what was written.

I wasn't expecting you to understand much anyway.
The post wasn't meant directly to you.I had to do it.
Gl with your sales though.

I wasn't expecting you to understand much anyway.
The post wasn't meant directly to you.I had to do it.
Gl with your sales though.

Excusez moi.
But yes there is less and less social as the years go by.
EU is becoming only about hunting and missions and there is many other games that do that and do it well.
PE is dead, GL with EU.
Adieu

Excusez moi.
But yes there is less and less social as the years go by.
EU is becoming only about hunting and missions and there is many other games that do that and do it well.
PE is dead, GL with EU.
Adieu

If you search for the social part you will find it.
When i joined the game I had no clue what PE was.I honestly don't care about that part.It was dead when I joined.
I don't understand why everything has to be compared to that part of the game.Deal with it.New game new approach new expectation new players etc.
The game is continuously change it but the players don't.I guess that explain a lot why most leave.

Back