respawn timer...

So slither wants this respawn timer so only he and maybe an uber or 2 can basically solo event bosses?

As already pointed out the non-ubers basically get squat for loot and yet they still get a feeling that they participated and were part of EU!
This new system will now give most loot to even fewer players. Non-ubers and new players will now sit in "penalty box" for not having a gazillion HP and uber equipment. Giving them a feeling they are shut out of events, etc and probably feel like they are not a part of EU and that there's no place for them to even be here.

This means new players will quickly leave thinking thank goodness I could join without spending a dime and see PE/EU was never a social game but just a hangout for a handful of billionaire type selfish greedy snobs.

Without new players feeling part of EU or thinking they can take part of any events no matter what level, then there is no reason to spend, stay, and play. So this respawn timer only hurts the game because long term it increases idleness + boredom and it kills interest + re-playability and leaves the majority of players in "penalty box"...

As for "free skilling"... the few players that are still willing to do sweating just to sell 1k for a kick in the nuts must now take even longer to revive...
So good luck with that MA, and yes I already started selling off and TT'ing all my MF equipment.

Probably a waste of time, but...

There are many things to do in EU, you don't need to be able to do everything in game at a lower skill level to feel like you "participated". On top of that some large event mobs are aoe damage and with enough players they are easy to protect against and stay alive. If you try something and find yourself dying frequently then that is perhaps not something for you yet. That gives you something to work towards.

It's most likely something like this..20% of the player base(couple of hundred avatars) generate 80% of MA's income.
So yea, its a rich mens game..

To play this game on a daily base costs a freaking fortune(even hunting kerbs or mining unamped)..obviously i am not a rich guy or even remotely rich.

Hard to get new players to stay this way(99.8% of my fl from 10 years ago is gone)..also the biggest challenge for MA i reckon.

Great game but i am afraid i have to find another hobby..gl and tc all;)

Well this is a wonderful thread I started...

Of course the same ol' same ol'...
  • Mindark adds in shit no one asked for and ignores all the bugs everyone complains about...
  • Big players complain if it's not increasing their "edge" over less invested players. And as their edge decreases they quit.
  • Mid-level players complain if they feel it's hurting their game experience. And as the game becomes more frustrating than fun they quit.
  • Low-level players complain if it's causing the cost to play to go up. And when the game becomes too much like pay to win they quit.
  • And of course the fan boys just defend everything MA does cause they're fan boys...

Each group has zero empathy for the other and feel theirs is the most important group.

Back