EULA and multiple avatars

the way i read that initial reply is that you are allowed to have more than one avatar, BUT you are only allowed to play one at a time. this would i could have 3 accounts and my girlfriend might have2, we can play together as much as we like as long as she doesnt use one of mine or i dont use one of hers at any one instant....

IP addresses aside... what do you think theyre going to do about internet cafes? thats potentially a lot of players working from one IP.

as Akoz said, unless you are doing something naughty, im sure you'll be fine.

Etopia gets it. so does rollo.

i think people misunderstood my previous post, the support repsonce quoted stated "at the same time". its is quite obvious to infer from this that you may own more than one account as long as only one is online at any time. As far as i can see there is nothing in the EULA to discourage this view, any related passage can be read as either one avatar or one avatar at a time. Lets study the following sentance:

Upon completing the registration process, you will receive a password and account that is uniquely associated with your participation

Well, for a start you set the password, it is not sent to you. thats a big discrepency. Secondly, the main point is that this only infers that the account is unique. nothing more.

Put simply there is no point where the EULA states clearly and explicitly "you may only have one avatar/account". see how easy it is to word it? The reason for this ambiguity i believe is that MA know there are multiple avatars and theres nothing they can do about it. cant limit an address to one avatar can they, not that would do any good. why strictly prohibit somthing you cant police? so we have this carry on instead: multiple avatars are merely frowned upon.

My whole point of the initial post, and my follow-up post is that MA can decide what they want, how they want and we can't do anything about it. Their interpretation of the EULA, as they stated it, is that you can't have more than one avatar. Sure, some people will slide by no matter what the rules are. Such as the trapping ATH. But, what it comes down to is if they decide YOU have violated their rules they can lock you or ban you. We are at their mercy.

DarkMatter said:
My whole point of the initial post, and my follow-up post is that MA can decide what they want, how they want and we can't do anything about it. Their interpretation of the EULA, as they stated it, is that you can't have more than one avatar. Sure, some people will slide by no matter what the rules are. Such as the trapping ATH. But, what it comes down to is if they decide YOU have violated their rules they can lock you or ban you. We are at their mercy.

Fact is they can ban you and delete or keep you item when they whant ...they dont need find excuse like 2 avatar or what ever.
Those rules people discuss is not to try get a point against MA and keep their account ...
But point is more have fair and well expressed rule that evryone understand cleary then go on punishment when its needed...
This is best for evryone , US as player to have game , MA to have good communication , but again , problem remain the same , since when MA bother to comunicate, beside blow trumped in media ear ...

DarkMatter said:
Their interpretation of the EULA, as they stated it, is that you can't have more than one avatar. Sure, some people will slide by no matter what the rules are. Such as the trapping ATH. But, what it comes down to is if they decide YOU have violated their rules they can lock you or ban you. We are at their mercy.

Completely agree. Our - loose - interpretation nor the - bad - english translation make any difference.

hmmmm ( or grrrrrrr )

finally we agreed on :
-MA does not need a prove or a reason for lock/ban .never needed, never will.
-ergo : all threads about EULA and CoU are just this : a nice discussion about ipothetical " if " . we have to spent our time on something related to EU, while we stopped to play and deposit.
this forum is a great one.

Fine.

I only have one avatar. The reason I only have one avatar is because MA seems to think the EULA says that I can only have one avatar, even though the ENGLISH version doesn't say that.

I have not created a second avatar for sweating. I have not created a second avatar to visit CND for free. I have not created a second avatar to hold someone's really cool piece of property.

We all know of one big-time investor who owns at least 2 avatars, and so does MA. Does he own more, to help around CND, or for other reasons? What about all these "society" avatars, created as seconds to hold hangar deeds? What about those second, third, and maybe fourth avatars created by the old-timers to hold all their stuff before storage was added?

Is there a separate set of EULA rules for the big investors, or the pre-gold players? (Yes, apparently there is. Should there be?) Where does the EULA say "no second avatars for noobs?" Can MA "officials" have as many personal avatars as they want, in addition to their "official" avatars?

Impress me, MA, by applying the rules equally, or by dropping this nonsense once and for all.

Com said:
Fine.

I only have one avatar. The reason I only have one avatar is because MA seems to think the EULA says that I can only have one avatar, even though the ENGLISH version doesn't say that.

I have not created a second avatar for sweating. I have not created a second avatar to visit CND for free. I have not created a second avatar to hold someone's really cool piece of property.

We all know of one big-time investor who owns at least 2 avatars, and so does MA. Does he own more, to help around CND, or for other reasons? What about all these "society" avatars, created as seconds to hold hangar deeds? What about those second, third, and maybe fourth avatars created by the old-timers to hold all their stuff before storage was added?

Is there a separate set of EULA rules for the big investors, or the pre-gold players? (Yes, apparently there is. Should there be?) Where does the EULA say "no second avatars for noobs?" Can MA "officials" have as many personal avatars as they want, in addition to their "official" avatars?

Impress me, MA, by applying the rules equally, or by dropping this nonsense once and for all.

keep dreamming. and meanwhile, deposit :) there are no rules. there are only facts, and the mighty one is MA. all you -and anybody else -can do is :
cry more, deposit more, quitt.
or, like ND did, make a private special contract with MA.

btw, how comes suddenly so many new EF accounts ?
in game the places are almost empty :)
not only no new player, but even the existing ones vanished :)

it's just setup in a way that they have a stick behind the door. they won't use it necessarely. they ll also know that soc avatars have certain uses, but then you re talking about an unskilled avatar with basically no or a low purpose. this EULA edit provides MA a way to ban (second) avatars when used in stolen items trades, scamming,...

I personally don't see a real point (seen too much abuse I guess) in using a second avatar (isnt the game expensive enough already for ONE ava) so I find this an acceptable restriction.

This is probably also their reaction - as they are among us and read this forum :D - to the loud cry when the areanotrox ATH fell so be glad they atleast listen ... for once :wise:

Back