What Would a Refreshed Entropia Look Like?

thoreau

Elite
Hiro Protagonist
In the thread about the new CEO many ideas are discussed about how the game should look.

Thing is, Entropia is way different than when I started in 2003.

People wanted quests. We got missions.

People wanted space. We got several planets and space flight.

People wanted it to be cheaper to play. We got more economical L weapons, armor, and tools.

People hated paying a fee to deposit so now we have more deposit options.

So what is the problem?

Stuff like Compets and Explosive Blueprints? Is it shrapnel? Is it the lack of armor and weapons in loot?

Or is it the passive income things like Land Deeds that encourage non play?

I don't understand all this talk about how Entropia is a grindfest. It's always been a boring grind.

It was a grind when players stood in the ring for hours skilling. It was a grind when players killed Atrox for hours on end with no rewards or goals to shoot for.

We have more combat feedback than ever before. When know why a miss occurred, we know the exact amount of a skill gain, we have more detailed info about every single weapon.

We have more travel options than ever. I was surprised how cheap vehicles are. In any other MMO a mount would be the equivalent of 200 PEDs. We get a VTOLs for a couple of bucks.

So if you have to do a 1 year roadmap how would it look?

Other than the lag of course.

Dear loyal customerbase,

Here at Mindark we strive to make our product of the utmost quality. Our new CEO is not going to make more promises, but we will try to upkeep the promises of the past first, because if you make a promise, you have to live up to it, or not make the promise at all.

In our 3-year plan we will handle the following:

1 transparency

All dealings in the past which appeared shady by the playerbase will be made public, the staff and players involved will be dealt with in a manner which we feel will restore trust in our company and product.
Reappearing rumors of crime or corruption will be investigated and where applicable the culprits will be met with swift justice.

2 Loot system

Version 2.2 of the loot system will be implemented, with numerous improvements in both stackables and items. Esis will drop according to our cash balance. We will give you the possibility to chip out, if we can handle it financially. We will also be more transparent about this. Same goes for the amount of days it takes to withdraw.
We will be making adjustments to the predictability of loot drops.

3 Loot boxes
Due to controversy on the internet and the possible ban on loot boxes, we will try to adjust this system to avoid "gambling". Loot boxes will be able to be acquired ingame, albeit at a higher price than from the webshop.

4 soulbound items
We will not introduce more soulbound items, unless it is for a new player experience, where items are given for free. Current soulbound items will return to being tradeable if the item does not hinder current entropia economy

5 the balance of occupations. We will improve the dependencies of the three main professions hunting-mining-crafting, while also improving the other occupations like texturing, coloring, make-up artist, resource gathering, farming. We will try to reintroduce a system for player content including video streaming. Shopowners can look forward to an addition to the auction system in the form of a shopdirectory

6 social, societies
we will create a revamped society structure , our android/iphone app will include society chat and global/hof messages, so people not ingame can stay connected. There will be numerous other improvements which cannot be mentioned here, but our ceo has read PCF thoroughly on this matter and many player suggested improvements will see the light.

7 items
a lock system will be introduced to prevent accidental TT. We will also implement an item loan system for holders of bank deeds and shop deeds. A 10 item loan shelf will be added to these structures. Holders of such deeds can put items there, and select loan period and rent fee per day. after the loan period the item will automatically be put back on the shelf. If applicable DPP info will be added to the first info page of an item.

8 Taming

Big pets will be rideable! Pet battle Octagons will see the light of day! enhanced tricks and buffs will be added from level 50 pets upwards.
The stable fees will be removed and additional buffs added to stables. For pets to be rideable, the pets will have to spend at least 8 hours in a stable. The stable owner can set a stable fee.
Compet will get interconnected to entropia and high level pets can be sold to and from compets. Compet deeds will start paying out from 2019 onwards, when full integration has been accomplished

9 CLD Land Plots

As you may have noticed additional buildings "tools and stuff" have been added to the CLD landplots towns.
There will be numerous additions to CLD landplots when more snugs have been built. A new shoppingbooth will be amongst the new possibilities to build to make sure these towns will thrive. Deluxe service stations will also start to appear in the future.
Fishing will also be available as a new profession.

10 Ingame companies

The ingame companies"Sphere Ordnance", "Redyne", "Castor Meele Systems", "Ashley & Perin", "Chikara", "Genesis Star" "Ewe" "Breer"and "Omegaton" will get their headquarters in a new to build hadesheim, with a new mission chain for each company.

11 Mission overhaul

Missions will get animated cutscene introductions. these can be ticked on in preferences. Proper dialogues "fallout 4" style will be introduced to give a more immersive experience.
there will also be a new cinematique trailer, with a professional female actor.

12 Gigantic Space update with Missions

It will be giganormous! and will include asteroid mining and tradeable mining claims

13 Virtual reality support

Yes it will be there! sooner than later

14 MindBank,CashCard,Crypto

Yes we will finally deliver. because we still have our delay in withdrawals, it is possible to put funds in a "cashcard" buffer. those funds can be withdrawn from a standard ATM. Mindbank and Deeptokens will take off.

15 Advertising

We will launch a full advertising campaign after the Mission overhaul and cinematic trailer are completed, including TV ads. We are ready to take on the major MMORPGs in terms of player numbers.
We will also launch a referral system that will really work this time. Ped bonuses for player referrals.

16 Shops

We already mentioned the shopping directory, but we will also improve the current shops and estates from banned avatars will become available from auction again.

17 client stability

this will still be our number one concern.

18 Landareas

New creatures will be introduced, including some sea creatures. We will also sell sea landareas in the seas on all planets.
DNA should drop for dna that has been destroyed and new DNA added for creatures that currently was not lootable. Loot acquired on taxed areas will have an additional line, which displays what goes to the landarea holder(if any).

19 Graphic improvements

Areas that are still in "Gamebryo" state will get a major overhaul. The essence of the original Project Entropia will return with small graphics like the jason face mask, the dance for peds guy, and other small graphics that made our game so popular to explore. Expect a lot more to explore!
We will also add dynamic interactive graphics. They will be there for an hour, a day or a week, and then move across the planet. Think of feffoid traders, and other treats that make you want to explore the planets again.

We hope that with this 19 point improvement roadmap, we will have one of the best MMORPGs.
If for some reason we can't deliver one of the 19 points, we will communicate about it openly and honestly.

Last edited:
If you call it a grind or not is subjective I guess, so I should illustrate this with example.

My first memories are from 10 years ago (not 15, so I'm kinda noob, sry for that). Anyway, the world seemed huge and mysterious because you couldn't really go everywhere. At best you could try to stay alive long enough to revive to the next TP. There was many mobs and huge territories that were extremely dangerous or remained pretty much inaccessible to you, for a very long time. Unknown = interesting! If you can't go somewhere, you want to go there. It's a very simple formula and it always works. I guess they didn't intentionally blow it but well, that's what happened.

So, you're a newcomer in this huge new world. You have seen glimpses of it to wet your appetite, you're hearing about the stuff that is happening elsewhere... Meanwhile, your days are mostly spent on PA sweat camp, swunting daikibas, combibos and (as an extreme sport) sometimes berys. Not with this ridiculous "tool", no. With your hands and concentration like all normal people.
At first you died often and when you revived there often was somebody skilling mindforce healing people for free. I remember one of them told us not to be afraid of dying. It's good for your soul she said, and I liked it. And you could then sit down at revival entrance and chat with your friends. You could log in any time and you knew it's all there all the time and the sun is always shining... :cool:

Later there was agronaut hills near Twins. You were working to gather iron which had good markup and really helped you out a lot. If you were too impatient and keep selling all your loot to TT you ran into trouble very fast.
You didn't need huge bankroll to collect few peds like now, so it was very easy to learn to manage your activities.
This gave you a simple solid structure to your game that anyone could understand. I can't really say It's all gone now, 'cuz not all is gone but from the beginners perspective, what's left today is rather a caricature of what it once was. Maybe that was unavoidable, maybe it wasn't, I'm just pointing out there's a difference. :yup:

There was no Space and no other planets, just the Asteroid with the nightclub but weirdly enough, the feeling of an alien planet was present everywhere! It was so solid you could almost touch it.
I remember driving to work in the morning looking at the people and thinking to myself But I'm living in the future... and it was true.

I myself would love to see version 3.0 of EU. PE will never come back, but the next version could only get better if done right. I've never played it, but I still would like to see EU go the Second Life route. For years already when asked about EU and my best description of the game, I always said it's Second Life with a gun.

I would love to see EU have everything Second Life has yet based on PEDs. This would be the core of the game with on the side where one could go out mining, hunting and even battle each other for the fun of it. The core of the game would be manufacturing anything you could dream of all the while interacting with others on any device and even dive into the game in VR.

That has been my dream since I started and I guess I can always dream on.

In the thread about the new CEO many ideas are discussed about how the game should look.

Thing is, Entropia is way different than when I started in 2003.

People wanted quests. We got missions.

People wanted space. We got several planets and space flight.

People wanted it to be cheaper to play. We got more economical L weapons, armor, and tools.

People hated paying a fee to deposit so now we have more deposit options.

So what is the problem?

Stuff like Compets and Explosive Blueprints? Is it shrapnel? Is it the lack of armor and weapons in loot?

Or is it the passive income things like Land Deeds that encourage non play?

I don't understand all this talk about how Entropia is a grindfest. It's always been a boring grind.

It was a grind when players stood in the ring for hours skilling. It was a grind when players killed Atrox for hours on end with no rewards or goals to shoot for.

We have more combat feedback than ever before. When know why a miss occurred, we know the exact amount of a skill gain, we have more detailed info about every single weapon.

We have more travel options than ever. I was surprised how cheap vehicles are. In any other MMO a mount would be the equivalent of 200 PEDs. We get a VTOLs for a couple of bucks.

So if you have to do a 1 year roadmap how would it look?

Other than the lag of course.

People wanted quests. We got missions. and had fewer and fewer rewards (why rewarded players too much:rolleyes:)

People wanted space. We got several planets and space flight. 2ped entry planet, oil, boring space, i'mpossible take other seat if your friend disconnect

People wanted it to be cheaper to play. We got more economical L weapons, armor, and tools. Fucked the weapons unl 10/10 from time to time for pleasure and old time never see people complain about weapons

I'm still waiting on it to be cheaper to play.
Been 1 year now.
Maybe it's cheaper, but 10 dollars an hour instead of 11 isn't that great.

When I started long time ago I had always that vision of a working economy based on crafting.

Less UL gear.
More crafted useful L gear.
Slowly move towards a pure L economy with much better crafted gear than anything existing UL (eco/dps whatever).

But last years EU headed directly into the opposite direction, more and more UL is flooding the market.
UL got introduced that makes some crafted counterparts completely obsolete (f.e. S10, Mod2600, Mod2350, Adj.Pixi, Adj. Musca, tons of guns)
Some useful crafted L things can´t even be crafted due to remove of needed components (f.e. Aspis, Rutics, Kesmek)

So what should I say?

I play less because the game is heading into wrong direction from my point of view.
Maybe its what others want, more UL shit killing every option for MU from crafting or looted L stuff, but thats definately not me!

When I started long time ago I had always that vision of a working economy based on crafting.

Less UL gear.
More crafted useful L gear.
Slowly move towards a pure L economy with much better crafted gear than anything existing UL (eco/dps whatever).

But last years EU headed directly into the opposite direction, more and more UL is flooding the market.
UL got introduced that makes some crafted counterparts completely obsolete (f.e. S10, Mod2600, Mod2350, Adj.Pixi, Adj. Musca, tons of guns)
Some useful crafted L things can´t even be crafted due to remove of needed components (f.e. Aspis, Rutics, Kesmek)

So what should I say?

I play less because the game is heading into wrong direction from my point of view.
Maybe its what others want, more UL shit killing every option for MU from crafting or looted L stuff, but thats definately not me!

A lot of the unlimited stuff is really L because MA introduces new, better items that makes the old unlimited items practically obsolete. :wise:

The trouble is, Mindark has implemented things most often requested by the playerbase over the years such as day / night, vehicles etc.

It gets a lot of ''Wow'' factor for a few weeks, then missing features from VU 9.4 like taming and beacons get requested (which is fair enough IMO)

They finally did get re-implemented some years back and they are better than they were previously and the complaints just change to other complaints. Must be somewhat disheartening for the coders to read the feedback. :(

As for lag, I've not had it for years but I well remember rubberbanding a decade ago - now THAT was :cussing:

I don't want a refreshed Entropia, I want to see it continue to evolve and surprise me! :yup:

Back