Entropia Universe 15.15.7 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
This release includes major fixes related to the recent connectivity issues on both the client and server side. These fixes should greatly improve performance for those participants who were still experiencing connectivity and performance issues.

For the best Entropia Universe experience, please make sure to use best available internet connection available.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Lag fix at last? :)

Anyone test yet?

Has anyone already claimed that, in the name of "fairness", they should have let lag continue until the end of MM?

Has anyone already claimed that, in the name of "fairness", they should have let lag continue until the end of MM?

Don't worry, they won't have come anywhere close to fixing it :wtg:

OR, did they know the whole time how to fix it and decided to wait until mid-event so that placed players would have to get another better time on the new 'level playing field'? :tiphat: (is there a tin-foil hat emoji, or just tip-hat?)

Edit: wow - I didn't know that auction lag could slow me down in the event too... (jk), but right now at least even my auction lag is 'almost' zero for once! I wonder what else will be faster... will stick head out of the container now then ;)

Last edited:
please make sure to use best available internet connection available.
!

Damn! I noticed I have been using my 56k modem instead that 300mb fiber I got set up some time ago. Got them cables mixed up. Fucking stupid.

Everything is fixed now, no lag! Thank you!

Don't worry, they won't have come anywhere close to fixing it :wtg:

OR, did they know the whole time how to fix it and decided to wait until mid-event so that placed players would have to get another better time on the new 'level playing field'? :tiphat: (is there a tin-foil hat emoji, or just tip-hat?)

Edit: wow - I didn't know that auction lag could slow me down in the event too... (jk), but right now at least even my auction lag is 'almost' zero for once! I wonder what else will be faster... will stick head out of the container now then ;)

This entire lag issue is a very interesting situation.
It's very strange how all of a sudden one day we go from everyone is fine to lag lag lag... also for an extended period of time (~3+ months).
It's also interesting how if this is truly the fix for the lag that something wasn't implemented sooner.
I don't think that they will ever share what the real true root cause of the issue was and trying to figure out what it was without details is only speculation.
I guess on the bright side, if lag is gone, we can at least be happy with that.
On to the next bug fix!

well HOLY SHIT!

Just did a test - was shooting for a solid 15 minutes and not once did my gun freeze up! HoF board comes right up and auction is super snappy.

After months and months of lag it appears as if you've finally fixed it. Maybe a good omen for 2018 or the new CEO? Either way I'm happy the lag appears to be solved. Still pretty nervous that this is only temporary and it will return but time will solve that. Just need a little hof to recover all the lost peds during the lag and we'll be set. lol

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

well HOLY SHIT!

Still pretty nervous that this is only temporary and it will return but time will solve that.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

what do you mean with temporary??

Like the post I made the last time the lag was "fixed". It lasted about 15 or 20 minutes for me I made a post about how great it was and then an hour later I had to edit the post.

Finally there is no more lag !

Thank you, MA :clap:

Lag is gone,good job MA !!

You don`t hear me saying this very often, but AMAZING JOB, MA!
With the decent loot I experienced lately and now that the lag is gone, I must say it really is a pleasure to play again!

It does seem to be gone for me also. I don't think I would go so far as to say good job MA without saying bad job MA for letting that happen in the first place. But it does seem ok and for that I am happy.

On a side note: I went to the daily mission terminal and noticed something interesting, The area below the mission which show the number of mobs to kill and the box below that has shows 1 brown daily token no matter how many mobs you need to kill and the number of tokens you will receive. Now the second mission usually has 2 tokens for completion and one token shows up in the box but now it shows 2 tokens in the box, however for the third mission the reward is 3 tokens but, guess what, it still shows 1 brown token in the box below.

I know that it being nit-picky but that seems to be the way with MA they seem to half-ass a lot of things and I doubt they even have a QA team or they would catch that sort of thing. I hope you get the point which is a little QA 3 months ago and would never had the lag in the first place.

I hope MA reads this and works to change the way they make releases. I also hope they would consider this as constructive and not just bitching.

Just what it says lol

How many times have MA "permanently fixed" the countless lag issues over the years? Yet it's still been a running problem that keep popping up with the game for over 10 years.

I'm just hoping that this will be a permanent fix and not a band-aid that solves the lag issues for only the next day, week, month or until the next update.

Time will tell... But as of now I'm cautiously optimistic.

and the lag is back??? having a lot of issues with TT, unequipping armor, and item stats wont load :/ hopefully i am an isolated case...

and the lag is back??? having a lot of issues with TT, unequipping armor, and item stats wont load :/ hopefully i am an isolated case...

Hope so

I did a 30 minute test a couple hours ago, continuous shooting, not one lag

It does seem to be gone for me also. I don't think I would go so far as to say good job MA without saying bad job MA for letting that happen in the first place. But it does seem ok and for that I am happy.

On a side note: I went to the daily mission terminal and noticed something interesting, The area below the mission which show the number of mobs to kill and the box below that has shows 1 brown daily token no matter how many mobs you need to kill and the number of tokens you will receive. Now the second mission usually has 2 tokens for completion and one token shows up in the box but now it shows 2 tokens in the box, however for the third mission the reward is 3 tokens but, guess what, it still shows 1 brown token in the box below.

I know that it being nit-picky but that seems to be the way with MA they seem to half-ass a lot of things and I doubt they even have a QA team or they would catch that sort of thing. I hope you get the point which is a little QA 3 months ago and would never had the lag in the first place.

I hope MA reads this and works to change the way they make releases. I also hope they would consider this as constructive and not just bitching.

haha there are still weapons with the word default in their name. They don't do QA here - just manage feedback.

Maybe a good omen for 2018 or the new CEO?
There's only one option for the CEO to be personally behind the solution - if the problem was their hosting company or ISP (or some other major network related service), and then the new CEO got a promise from powers that be to use any means necessary to fix the problem, including the change of the service provider.
I guess we'll find out if it was any of those. But then, why wasn't the previous CEO given the same permission?

If it was a problem with servers or coding, it's hard to see how any CEO can speed up the process so dramatically... unless he already knew the solution before he became the CEO?

It's funny Klaus came from Ericsson and his strong suit was supposedly technology (including networks, obviously). Didn't work out for him so good. Strange, very strange. :smoke:

Spent an hour doing my usual grind to test it out, all systems seem to be go at this point, little lag effect that has been plaguing some of us for the last 4 months, I hope it lasts.

Thanks to whomever made a change and/or whatever change was made, what took so fucking long!?!?

Anyway, little matter for me, its too little - too late, stick a fork in me I'm done, please buy my stuff.

Too Short..

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was a problem with servers or coding, it's hard to see how any CEO can speed up the process so dramatically... unless he already knew the solution before he became the CEO?

It's funny Klaus came from Ericsson and his strong suit was supposedly technology (including networks, obviously). Didn't work out for him so good. Strange, very strange. :smoke:

I think "self inflicted wounds" is the best way to describe it. Old leadership wanted to add a feature(crypto??) and it caused major trouble with performance but wouldn't back out due to stubbornness. New leadership cut it. Problem solved after 3 months of bs.

Too Short..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back