Question: Should Ahh... The Atrax [25921, 46796, 138] spawn maturity be changed?

Should maturity be lowered on OLA 28?

• Total voters

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
OLA 28 known as Ahh... The Atrax is currently the best spawn of Atrax Stalkers on Calypso. They are known to drop Shopkeeper pads with relatively high frequency, and provide a much more challenging mob than their lower maturity siblings to grind through your iron mission.
However, since the acquisition thereof, the land area has received about 20% as much traffic as OLA 21, Formicacida Uprising (which is set to low maturity Formicacida), despite having a very generous (85% of tax revenue recycled into prizes) event going on.

There are a few reasons I can think of to explain the absence of activity on the land area, contrasted with the abundance of activity on the other land area.

1. Merry Mayhem is keeping all the high level players away from land areas.

If this is the primary reason, the problem should resolve itself following the end of Merry Mayhem, and I will have no issues until next season's Mayhem.

2. Players with the skills and equipment to kill Atrax Stalkers prefer hunting other mobs.
If this is the primary reason, then there's not much I can do beyond what I'm already doing with the event in place, and the maturity should be changed.

3. The Stalkers just hit too darn hard for most players to effectively hunt.

This is similar to #2, but with more of a focus on the larger player base. If this is the primary reason, then theoretically I could improve the land area by lowering maturity a hair (to Alpha-Prowler) to eliminate the Stalkers (reducing max damage from 218 to 127)

What are your thoughts? Should the maturity be lowered?

Stalkers are too tough for me. I'm just in viceroy + 5bs. I tried the other day but can only manage up to prowlers so I'd welcome the change.

*EDIT*

I think something else to consider with this poll is not just if people would like to keep it stalkers or not but whether those that prefer the stalkers will continue to hunt there if it's reduced.

Those that can't do stalkers are not able to hunt there ever so keeping it stalkers means less people will ever come there to hunt as they simply aren't capable.

However, if it's reduced nothing is preventing those capable of hunting stalkers from continuing to hunt there. Only their choice of refusing to hunt anything less than stalkers.

Last edited:
I have my iron atrax completed and there isnt a bronze.
I did most of my iron atrax on blast's land south of omegaton, which had provider- Alpha atrax. The last ones were stalkers at kludge's atrax park.
I feel no need to Hunt atrax anymore. They used to drop spirit rifles, but the loot seems generic now. Just shrapnels and oils.
I don't think I will ever loot a shopkeeper from atrax, I can think of over 17000 reasons.

And yes, there is the problem of the unbalanced nature of the stalkers. Their level is too high compared to prowlers. You need decent imp/cut/stab armor or a good fap and some skills. I can handle Them , but I need to fap while attacking, and I don't like hunting like that.

If attendence stays low, you could opt for a mob with a higher base level . There isnt a decent neconu land anymore ever since the buyer of my land decided to kill the DNA. Neconu are level 21 at Young and they drop Nice stuff like angel armor parts and Nice weapons(xeno daggers, Isis lc-55, cb27). They don't need fertilizer for maturity and are easier to kill than atrax stalkers. You only need some fertilizer now and then to get more numbers. Tetania's has neconu but density is (too)low. And I think you can easily get DNA if you visit some shops.

Just my two pecs.

Last edited:
They hit way too hard...I hate it when hunting lower maturity elsewhere and one of these sneaks up on me...by the time i notice its too late and they are chomping on my dead body.
Its just too much of a jump in damage between the maturities.

Thank you all who have responded to this thread. I intend to maintain the maturity at Stalkers through the end of January and reassess.

land question

I like the stalkers but I am able to hunt them now. just got a calytrek MK II (L) drop for me. Still doing my mission so it is good for me, but I am only one avatar.
Pinthas

I like the stalkers but I am able to hunt them now. just got a calytrek MK II (L) drop for me. Still doing my mission so it is good for me, but I am only one avatar.
Pinthas

I only need 2-3 solid grinders to keep the maturity where it's at.

I only need 2-3 solid grinders to keep the maturity where it's at.

Well if the results arent there by now id lower maturity. Hold a couple of events with avg rewards to make people aware of the changes and go from there.

UPDATE:

I have lowered maturity by 2 clicks, and will be testing to see the effects. The goal is to have mostly Old-Alpha and Prowlers. Assistance in the assessment of the spawn and the reduction of the Stalkers would be appreciated.

Back