Just dumped all but 200 of my ped on an auction on accident

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
Just accidentally bid on something that I thought had 1 less zero in the markup%. Messaged the person telling them I will give the item back and they can keep 600 ped of the 1600 ped I bid on it. Not looking too good though I think they're going to run with it. I seriously want to die.

Those things can happen...but how can we help you with that? and maybe the seller didnt come online as much..maybe you just leave some time here...you have to be patient

i saw you also beiing good at trading..sure will make it back in a short time...

Last edited:
Those things can happen...but how can we help you with that? and maybe the seller didnt come online as much..maybe you just leave some time here...you have to be patient

i saw you also beiing good at trading..sure will make it back in a short time...

I hope you're right. I found them in the registry and messaged them while they were online, then waited like 5 minutes and tried to send another and they were offline. Not usually a great sign. All I can do is hope though.

Just accidentally bid on something that I thought had 1 less zero in the markup%. Messaged the person telling them I will give the item back and they can keep 600 ped of the 1600 ped I bid on it. Not looking too good though I think they're going to run with it. I seriously want to die.

Welcome to the exclusive club. A mistake that happened also to me couple of month ago. The ammount was larger but luckily Lindsay helped me out, as she knew the seller personally. Just be patient, you may resolve this soon. Good move to make use of the Forum. Thats what its for.

If anyone knows or is friends with "zoran drhegi kenth" and could talk to them for me or get them to talk to me, then you would have my gratitude. I know it hasn't been long enough to jump to conclusions or anything, but the whole situation has just been weighing heavily on my mind.

Hopefully you get your money back. Chances are decent as most people are nice any that sort of stuff especially since MA has been known to lock peoples accounts when they are the recipient of massive accidental over bids.

Another reason why they should just make bids a text field you need to type out

Another reason why they should just make bids a text field you need to type out

One of the biggest gripes of mine is the size of the font, and the arrows. Moving microscopic arrows on a screen should not be part of the process when it comes to bidding money. Make the text customizable. While you're at it, make the whole UI customizable to view preference. If I have a 4K monitor, I should not have to look through a magnifying glass to see things on my screen.

Well, I can't say it was a pleasant encounter, but we came to an agreement that he would keep 600 of the 1600 and would get the gun back at the same time. After him saying it wasn't the same gun and cancelling the trade and some minutes of me waiting he came back and I got back 1000 ped of my 1600 loss. Thank you everyone for the support and suggestions on the forum!

Well, I can't say it was a pleasant encounter, but we came to an agreement that he would keep 600 of the 1600 and would get the gun back at the same time. After him saying it wasn't the same gun and cancelling the trade and some minutes of me waiting he came back and I got back 1000 ped of my 1600 loss. Thank you everyone for the support and suggestions on the forum!

Nice win, for doing nothing. :scratch2: I will remember this Avatar...

Nice win, for doing nothing. :scratch2: I will remember this Avatar...

Will remember and avoid doing business appropriately. Glad OP got some of his loss back and I hope the karma comes back around hard! Remember PCF has a reputation system... it should be used responsibly!

Will remember and avoid doing business appropriately. Glad OP got some of his loss back and I hope the karma comes back around hard! Remember PCF has a reputation system... it should be used responsibly!

The OP proposed a solution to his mistake, and the other guy accepted it. What's the problem here?

The OP proposed a solution to his mistake, and the other guy accepted it. What's the problem here?

I Know: "All Trades are Final", but this is (in my eyes) a "legal way of scamming". A Honestly patricipant, would give back ALL the Peds.....

If this sounds like the person you like to associate your business with then more power to you. :girl:

So he charged you $60 for simply giving back your money when you made a mistake and you got nothing from it? What a scumbag that guy is.

MA is partly to blame here though you should be allowed to retract a bid.

if you can retract the bid that no good also poeple could use it to raise the bids and retract to it for the next person before that theymade him raise the bid to let him have it

the only problem is on the person buying pay more atttention to waht your doing

when i go pay something to a store i make sure to give the proper amount not my wad of cash

No, I can bid 150k ped on a mod merc, cancel the last minute & then bid 5k ped & win

No, I can bid 150k ped on a mod merc, cancel the last minute & then bid 5k ped & win

You aren't thinking critically about it, obviously there would have to be some rules in place which I didn't actually think I needed to outline for people to understand.

For instance, you can retract a bid within a few minutes of making it which would only be beneficial to a genuine mistake.

I actually think bid retraction would work if there were a few rules in place.

a). You can only retract a bid within 2-3 minutes of placing it. This would prevent someone from scaring off other buyers by having a massive bid then taking it away last minute to mess up the sale of the item.

b). You can't retract a bid after placing multiple bids on an item. This way you couldn't goad another buyer into paying a higher price than they originally would have had through a bid war before retracting your final bid.

c). The seller only gets a notification of the bid after the retraction period has timed out or their auction has timed out with the bid still active. (To prevent people from trolling by sending a huge bid to either get someone's hopes up or spam their notifications.)

d). Only one bid can be retracted per day. This rule would be another measure to prevent trolling or discouraging other bidders. ( I doubt anyone who made the mistake of an accidental bid would make the same mistake again in the same day.)

If someone were to accidentally dump their PED card during a bid war, then they would still be screwed. I would like to say that isn't usually the case though, but I'm not sure honestly. I'm sure these rules could be improved. Just what I came up with.

how about only keep on your card what you want to bid..
next up we need rules for selling also..
Another solution would be to extract peds from card & drag those in the auction dialog

lol

"All trades are FINAL"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If all mistakes were rectified in full, no one would have the motivation to avoid mistakes.

IMHO, a more important question is whether there:
something that I thought had 1 less zero in the markup%
...was a trap set up?

when they place you can retrack the bid say 2 min well you wont be able to buy anything that less than 2 min

the best thing they could doo is set up a over limit on item you buy that you could adjust your self

if it say 100 ped it would only place a bid say 150 ped if you have the over limit set at 150%

but still poeple would make mistake

You can´t retract your bids in RL auctions, so why should you be able to do that in a game.

Sidenote:
If you bid in an RL auction and not able to pay what you have bid, its a crime!
You can go to prison for doing that in worst case!

So he charged you $60 for simply giving back your money when you made a mistake and you got nothing from it? What a scumbag that guy is.

Read the OP. The $60 was lethal's idea, not the other guy.

Back