Why this solo Mayhem is just a joke!!!

Grave Digger

Old Alpha
Society
Chaos Crew
MH Grave Digger
I've been playing ~14 years and always skilled Laser Pistols.

Now MA came up with an Event that is dominated by Rifle's only.
ArMatrix Rifle's, UL CDF Rifle's and ofc the Terminator.
No matter if you have more dmg/sec with a pistol than with a rifle in your Category, you will never end into top 5.

MA try'd again to make Event's more fair, but that was a move in the wrong direction again.
Maybe they try'd to to give chances to everyone, but now they give a even smaler group of Players a huge advantage, most mobs dont even reach the users of rifle's with the right attachements and rings.
So where is the fairness for users of other kinds of weapons?!?
In the last Events it was possible to get a good ranking even if your weapon has 20-30 dmg/sec less than top weapons because sometime you get lucky looting a high score star or pumpkin.

So if all future Mayhems will be like this (as MA stated), we will see now always the same weapons and players in top 5.
Why people should do solo Mayhem if they will never have a chance to get one of the rare Mayhem tokens?
To trade them for consumables that you can sell? The Market for it will get broken also sooner or later.
To trade them for L sh*t that noone want's to use forever?

Another Fact:
People hunt now far less in solo mayhem than b4...
there are 2 Options.....
U see u have no chance to reach a topranking you will leave the Event after 1 or maybe 2 hours...
U see u have a chance and reached a topranking, you will lean back and wait untill someone beats your time, maybe then you do 1 more hour to beat that.
So i guess in Solo Mayhem is now ~80% less activity than ever in a solo mayhem event.

So in my Eye's its again a first doing then thinking Action of MA

regards Grave

This confirms me once again they don't play the game, none of them who decide for us:)
Analyzing documents/results/graphs/statistics/deposits will not give you any clue on what actual players have to deal with when it comes to PRACTICE THE REAL GAME.
They clearly lack high end vision/no solid plan for the next 5 years in what's the events is about.Probably none of them watched a competition in any of the games we are all seeing on twitch.tv or any other media websites/platforms/games.
Hire some god damn someone who is willing to help you in that regard.Competition in this game is a joke compared to the money invested in it.You have so many things you can implement from what's working in other games.
I personally will always adapt and try extremely hard to win in any situation given but this is not about what I want or I need, this is what's best for the whole of us.

To give you some example of how other top streamers/gamers are reacting to our gameplay is remarkable, Just read some body language around 8:20

There's a reason why rifles are a lot more expensive than handguns. This is why.

Deleted...….

Last edited:
Thb i think this solo mayhem yielded alot more turnover then past event recent events.

For the whole of the game its better to have 200 players cycle ~5000 ped each then 10 players doing 100k.
Only taking about event mode here.
(dont know all cost but Cat 4 is over 300 ped as an example and id say you would need atleast 15 runs to even think of top 10 or be lucky with spawns and crits over performing)

But yes its advantage towards ranged but its not like you didnt know this before, term and X1000 won every event previous to this event (except the one you did win).

These are what ive assumed used, your free to correct me or fill in rest of cats.
Cat 10 = L gun
Cat 9 =L gun
Cat 8 = L gun
Cat 7 = not sure but prolly L gun
Cat 6 = idk
Cat 5 = idk but #2 been using L gun
Cat 4 = L gun

Id say its pretty even and most top 3 have players who would never ever make the top 15 in the last event mode.

But your rigth with not all weapons included and i hope for more challanging event for easter, one where you need to be the top of your game to win and mobs hit hard so overall avatar skills and items like armor and healing matters more.

PS prizes are worse then ever and needs a overhaul.
And messi is rigth too, create event that people would wanna Spectate and it more easy to promote.

Last edited:
In my opinion the solo category should be revamped in a way that give chance even to the pistol users, or melee users. Should be nothing complicated, maybe just a smaller arena where you don’t need to run after mobs or a different kind of spawn.
Well regarding at Summit1g and his reaction , yes still in 2018 It’s kinda 99 ish gameplay some improvements could make the game only better . Another thing about this famous streamer is that when he was asked in a livestream with 35k people watching about his opinion on EU , he said and I quote “ the game it’s old and the gameplay and Graphics also , and the fact that you need to pay for play it’s disgusting “. Well the fact that he find disgusting for the fact that everything cost in here it’s for certain his opinion because he is used to play only free games and he found a way of living doing it. Well MA will never be able to bring millions of players online , just for the fact of pay to play , or to survive. This is not a problem, BUT they need improvements for those that are here atm for the few of us and the few that will come.

It may not be perfect and it may hurt some players who only skilled into a limited playstyle, but it's a heck of a lot more viable for many than it ever has been.

It's a step in the right direction combining actual player skill and level of gear for competition on a platform like this, and I think in the future we will (hopefully) start seeing this type of event be a little more polished.

Who cares about the opinion of a streamer. He is the equivalent to a bum sitting on the side of the road panhandling except he's a millionaire and does it from the comfort of his home while masses of chidren throw mommy and daddy's money at him so they feel like they are special and have a friend.

Who cares about the opinion of a streamer. He is the equivalent to a bum sitting on the side of the road panhandling except he's a millionaire and does it from the comfort of his home while masses of chidren throw mommy and daddy's money at him so they feel like they are special and have a friend.

Who cares? millions of potential players.You have absolutely no clue what can 50k subscribers to a streamer can do in a matter of seconds.Few top streamers switched PUGB with Fortnite and at some point Fortnite is now the most watched game on twitch.tv for a reason unless there is an event on another game.

I am not a traffic expert and analytics but at some point vodka presented in this forum the amount of people accessing google after that certain video presented by the streamer early mentioned and that's just 1 of them.There are so many in different other games.Information are travelling with lighting speed in these sectors unlike advertising in useless domains we are getting used to like gamasutra lol , none ever heard of that stupid shit.

Who cares? millions of potential players.You have absolutely no clue what can 50k subscribers to a streamer can do in a matter of seconds.Few top streamers switched PUGB with Fortnite and at some point Fortnite is now the most watched game on twitch.tv for a reason unless there is an event on another game.

I won't disagree that streamers have the 'potential' to reach a wide audience in a short time, however in the end it has always been directly related to the quality, fun, and accessibility of a game.

This is why PubG quickly shot to the top played game on Steam, far surpassing CSGO and Dota2. Even when H1Z1 was the only real BR game it had a fraction of the player numbers PubG had. All of these were games highly promoted by streamers and yet they failed to accomplish in years what PubG accomplished a couple weeks after release.

Beside the fact that i totally agree with you Grave, there is another aspect.... :
Merry Mayhem has a FFA mode that kept me grinding day after day.
A thing that all the other mayhems dont have (halloween, easter, core).
So i wont even care of partecipating untill next MM.
So this means that there will be no aspectations for the next events untill next years Merry Mayhem.
MA side, there will never be a turnover such as there was before when also luck mattered....

Who cares? millions of potential players.You have absolutely no clue what can 50k subscribers to a streamer can do in a matter of seconds.

Totally agree, streamers and youtubers are the main advertising for games.
I just look at my own son, he hear about a new game, next thing he does, searching youtube and streams to watch whats going on in that game, then decide if he play it or not.

This is very comon in gamers scene, first check youtube and streams then decide if you play it.

There is exceptions, some just play a game because its new and fits into line with games they already play and like.

Me is the second group, but I am a dinosaur to be honest, young people think completely different.

Totally agree, streamers and youtubers are the main advertising for games.
I just look at my own son, he hear about a new game, next thing he does, searching youtube and streams to watch whats going on in that game, then decide if he play it or not.

This is very comon in gamers scene, first check youtube and streams then decide if you play it.

There is exceptions, some just play a game because its new and fits into line with games they already play and like.

Me is the second group, but I am a dinosaur to be honest, young people think completely different.

I was trying to highlight his reaction when someone was grinding aurli and how dull the hunting was in his eyes he was clearly not enjoying it, he was not attracted by it, "he he more like what kind of dumbass shit is this? I used to play these type of games in 95 , do people play this nowadays and invest thousands of dollars?" of course this is just my projections on his attitude but I like to believe I am right judging by the same activity we do in the same manner over a long period of time.
Play EU near 100 individuals that play top 10 games on twitch and 98 of them will immediately laugh at you for various reasons.The other 2 will wait for the next question which is: How much money do you make out of it? and then they will join the group too :)
This was not what OP was addressing but I had to use this in my example.I will not plan to derail the thread into a streaming one.
The message should be clear for all developers and their lack of everything while creating something for us.

Thb i think this solo mayhem yielded alot more turnover then past event recent events.

For the whole of the game its better to have 200 players cycle ~5000 ped each then 10 players doing 100k.
(dont know all cost but Cat 4 is over 300 ped as an example and id say you would need atleast 15 runs to even think of top 10 or be lucky with spawns and crits over performing)

But yes its advantage towards ranged but its not like you didnt know this before, term and X1000 won every event previous to this event (except the one you did win).

These are what ive assumed used, your free to correct me or fill in rest of cats.
Cat 10 = L gun
Cat 9 =L gun
Cat 8 = L gun
Cat 6 = idk
Cat 4 = L gun

Id say its pretty even and most top 3 have players who would never ever make the top 15 in the last event mode.

But your rigth with not all weapons included and i hope for more challanging event for easter, one where you need to be the top of your game to win and mobs hit hard so overall avatar skills and items like armor and healing matters more.

And messi is rigth too, create event that people would wanna Spectate and it more easy to promote.

I'm pretty sure 8 is not L gun (last I looked), and I doubt many of them are L. You need tier 8+ to be in top 5 and probably tier 9 or 10 to win. This event is mostly about having the right gun with range at high tier with extreme buffs. Armor/defense/avatar skill may help a little in the higher catergories. There isn't much real life skill required imo, if the times are extremely close that could make a difference.

There isn't much real life skill required imo, if the times are extremely close that could make a difference.

Real life skill like cooking , gardening ?
The gap between players using the same scenario in this game is low but trust me there is a difference between classic EU player and a very good gamer.
The game itself will not let you get a huge advantage over a non skilled player that scratch his back while playing with one hand clicking icons on his monitor.
If there is one aspect of the game that this difference can be notified that's pvp but that's a dead profession and the lag inside along with the cheats being used makes it irrelevant as an example.
So yeah deal with it.If you are some superstar gamer you would still have to invest a lot of money to win something if you are implying that the game will not give you any advantage using your tiered opalo to compete with terminator.Cruel world.Competition was never the strongest point to attract players in this game :)

Cat 10 = L gun
Cat 9 =L gun
Cat 8 = L gun
Cat 6 = idk
Cat 4 = L gun

I did not mentioned the UL Items such like Terminator, CDF 1k and so on.....
But if there is a L weapon in top 5, you can be sure it is a ArMatrix Rifle.
For me L or UL doesnt matter, its the Fact that all (i would even say) top 10 placements made with rifle's.
Why go into ini with high protection armor if someone can run thrue the ini without getting any dmg from mobs because they dont reach you?

Would be nice to see next Mayhems maybe Pistols only, or Blades only or Midforce only.....
But for this Event it is a waste of time and money for me to participate any longer.

nevermind me

Last edited:
I did not mentioned the UL Items such like Terminator, CDF 1k and so on.....
But if there is a L weapon in top 5, you can be sure it is a ArMatrix Rifle.
For me L or UL doesnt matter, its the Fact that all (i would even say) top 10 placements made with rifle's.
Why go into ini with high protection armor if someone can run thrue the ini without getting any dmg from mobs because they dont reach you?

Would be nice to see next Mayhems maybe Pistols only, or Blades only or Midforce only.....
But for this Event it is a waste of time and money for me to participate any longer.

They did it with rifle because the developer is incompetent to put in balance all the ingredients and to judge for 2 minutes what does it take for users compete and win this event with gear from different categories.
I wonder if they did test the instance what was their time in any category.I also think if they did that what are they thinking about ONE HIT mobs in category 10 solo as appropriate approach for such category?Do they even understand the range mechanics and its implication that it yelds more dps in events because of this?If they do understand this the how come the ranged items always have superior dps than other items while it should be the other way around?
I mean why would I want to one hit a mob for my level? Why do I need level 100 evader or 450hp ?Are they forgetting skills should be the fundamentals of this game?I want the competition to be demanding but the highest category ingame, i want the mobs at my level to be challenging to leave me some fucking impression I need to improve.But all these are enigmas for developers because reading some charts will never explain them such things.
Lacking passion in your job most of the time will result in what we have today's game.
To end this in a positive note, we should be be thankful they did change the instance with something new at least.

So Dunstone and Lunchbox didnt use that t10 lr 85 that toki got tier hof on 1 hour prior to the both of them uping their past x800 times with 60+ seconds but only ran it 3 times, 2 on dunstone and 1 on LB?

That I don't know about, it's possible.

It would be kind of a shame if winning the cats just came down to finding enough t10 armatrix LR's. But then if that weren't possible people would complain it just came down to having enough money to have the right t10 unlimited weapon.

Initial post

I agree that in an ideal world all weapon types (not all weapons ofc) should be able to compete in some way. There has however never been such a promise from MA. There has always been some weapons that have been favoured in relation to others. Pursuing one weapon profession doesn't guarantee that you'll be equal once you reach the "top".

I don't agree that it is a step in the wrong direction, they have been trying to be more inclusive in terms of engaging more of the playerbase in the actual competition (which seems successful so far). Obviously it isn't perfect, but the community wished for a more inclusive MM and MA has taken steps towards this.

We can't tell if its better or worse in terms of activity. What we know is that there are new names that are likely of getting top positions. The previous years has basically had the same names, just in different order based on luck. Not incentive for non top-10/top-20 to contend. If the activity has dropped it is likely that they will rework it a lot, if it has increased it will most likely mean that they develop this MM system.

In general i love this new type of mayhem. It gives me incentive to actually try and try hard. More like FPS than MMO for sure. I am doing "ok" in my cat but i am an underdog as all those above me have 100+ hp than me, but i am not complaining. I love it. However i have been fortunate enough to be using long range rifle. And so is all of top. Terminator at 2nd place and cdf1k at 3rd and 5th. All above 100m+.

But event is far from perfect. One hitting or 90% hitting mobs in single shot is an issue. why do 340+ hp avatars need to be killing oversizes daikibas that have just 2k hp? Everyone in cat 10 is wasting a lot of peds in overkill, but that is not the issue. Issue is that we are limited to ranged guns as Grave said and thus we are having overkill issues and so on. there is no chance at all for Melee users in this event, and most pistols are useless too. However MM and MM SGA and AMM have 40/50/60m respectively and those are best ranged pistols in game, so think about that MA, if BEST pistols in game are next to useless for this event, then there is a problem. Currently if not top spots then most of lower top 10s are Limited. Which is great, while UL still have good advantage at high tiers, L has a decent chance too. This has created wonderful market for some L items, consumables, L armor, L plates. But it would be even larger if Limited Shortblade of 6m range at high tier could be competitive!

Another thing - we used to have useless uni ammo bonuses that people would just collect and we had one scoreboard where 10 people would get smth and maybe a max of 15 people would participate. Now we have 10 cats so its 100 winners of different levels across the universe, so possibly 200+ people actually competing for any placement in top of their category. Massive improvement.

One more downside is maybe poor balance for hp/dps. in mid categories it seems like its hard to find good weapon to compete with. This would be a lesser issue if more than ranged Laser or ranged BLP could be competitive!

Overall step in right direction but lots of room to improve!

Just my 2pec
/Soko

a perfect run would not rely 100% on a rifle as rifle wastes a lot of damage in overkill and thus a lot of time, making your argument a joke

a perfect run would not rely 100% on a rifle as rifle wastes a lot of damage in overkill and thus a lot of time, making your argument a joke

I rather waste 1 shot than walk 3 seconds to the next mob to find that perfect run.
He has solid argument unless you have a video using a handgun under 14 minutes.That would be possible if Mindark would increase spawnrate and the area of mobs would be tighter or mobs having at least 7k hp so you can move them while hunting to the next one and so forth.None of them are possible so if you want to win it you must search for options in the ranged category (over 80meters ~)

I rather waste 1 shot than walk 3 seconds to the next mob to find that perfect run.
He has solid argument unless you have a video using a handgun under 14 minutes.That would be possible if Mindark would increase spawnrate and the area of mobs would be tighter or mobs having at least 7k hp so you can move them while hunting to the next one and so forth.None of them are possible so if you want to win it you must search for options in the ranged category (over 80meters ~)

I didnt realize the thread was named why solo mayhem (cat 10) is a joke

I didnt realize the thread was named why solo mayhem (cat 10) is a joke

You have 0 arguments to convince anyone that a pistol or lower ranged item can win vs a ranged one with similar or close dps in any category unless your opponents are blind or play with no hands.
You can participate as casual and see how's the weather inside the instance but with 0 expectation to land anywhere in top10.

For me, its a bit of good and a bit of bad.

Good that they try to bring many players of all levels into the competition. I really commend MA for this.

Bad in that they aren't able to balance other professions. I am happy to grind solo instance for boxes and tokens but as I cross trained in melee and range, I can't really compete due to HP limitations.

But i think MA is on the right track, but I'd like to see them focus on the core game instead of side projects (like DeepToken....)

What's the big surprise?

The MM event is irrelevant. The intention of ArMatrix was to consign nearly every other weapon to the dustbin, and move forward with more eco and power where skill did matter (levels). The problem is the new eco and powerful unlimited weapons in the MM trader are not available to the player base until claimed that includes pistols The fact that MM came around before MA got to finish phasing in the new stuff, it's simply a timing issue.

Give it 6 months, then there'll be enough new weapons in circulation for MA to adjust the events to suit these new weapons. So it still could be useful switching to pistol once those adjustments are done.

Rick

In some other thread i read messi's post that not all weapons are made for event. Not all weapons are good for grinding.

Being a medic i get alot of time to talk to players Noob+ubers. This is the first event i have seen many NOOBS trying and many crafters taking part in event by supplying limited guns.

This is by far the most balanced(may be not)/attractive(effecting more ppl) solo category i have seen. Could use some tweaks with hp/dmg ristrictions.

I know many have invested truck load of peds into items specially handgun users and they cant win with those weapons in SOLO but they still can grind in FFA and get mark up. They invested to grind not to compete in events.

Asking them to make an event that can be balanced for *EVERY*rifle/mele/handgun weapon is just too much.

This event sure does have less grinding in solo category but still turnover will be more than before as many noobs are doing their daily's who never bothered to enter before.

The people who did grind in solo before most of them i see still shooting in FFA.

Last edited:
In some other thread i read messi's post that not all weapons are made for event. Not all weapons are good for grinding.

Being a medic i get alot of time to talk to players Noob+ubers. This is the first event i have seen many NOOBS trying and many crafters taking part in event by supplying limited guns.

This is by far the most balanced(may be not)/attractive(effecting more ppl) solo category i have seen. Could use some tweaks with hp/dmg ristrictions.

I know many have invested truck load of peds into items specially handgun users and they cant win with those weapons in SOLO but they still can grind in FFA and get mark up. They invested to grind not to compete in events.

Asking them to make an event that can be balanced for *EVERY*rifle/mele/handgun weapon is just too much.

This event sure does have less grinding in solo category but still turnover will be more than before as many noobs are doing their daily's who never bothered to enter before.

The people who did grind in solo before most of them i see still shooting in FFA.

You are joking?!?

... grind in FFA to get MU?
What u can do with MU (FFA Stars i guess u mean) if your TT return is betwenn 90 and max 95%?
didn't you notice that no FFA Spider in cat 4 and 5 did drop more than multiplicator of 10?
means the highest FFA5 spider was 7xx ped made by star.(gz to him for this loot)
So please do you expect there is a way to profit with that MU? ( for your info i've looted 3 smal esi, and a UL Mayhem armor part that was tt+2.5k). Do some maths if u wish

Crafters were always a part of any Mayhem, who do you think supply'd hunters with enhancer, plantings, Armors and weapons during last Mayhems? It has been the crafter and will be always the crafer....nothing changed.
So your comment is pointless.

Do you think it's worth to go in solo for the Daily Missions just for the 30 Mayhem Tokens?
You can imagine how many mobs to kills for 30 Tokens? to get that 10 Tokens from Hogglo you have to kill 500 Daikiba. Now pls take a weapon and try to gather that 30 tokens at one day. And tell me how profitable it was after u sold the 3 consumables you bought from the 30 Tokens.

HAHA for MA sadly true :lolup:
In other games it works lol

Man don´t tell me you UBERs have no tagging rifle that deals some serious damage too.

Although I get the problem, its a little pointless that highest skilled players in game with the best gear available, complain that they have to use a rifle instead their MM to be competitive.

And wasn´t it all the years the same that terminator won the events, so nothing changed xD

Last edited:
Back