Land Area Owners should have the option to seed their loot pool.

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
Hey all,

Today there are, to my knowledge, no DNAs that are 100% exclusive to any land area. As such, it is possible to hunt any mob untaxed, as long as people are patient enough to run about between mobs. This results in land area owners having stiff competition and very little edge to encourage hunters to their land area.

My proposal is to have some sort of interface which allows a land area owner to seed loot onto their land area. It would work something like this...

I seed 1,000 Christmas strongboxes into my LA with a 1/20 chance of looting one.
I seed 100 Arkadia Underground Deeds with a 1/500 chance of looting one.
I seed 10 Calypso Land Deeds with a 1/10,000 chance of looting one.
I seed 1 mod fap with a 1/1,000,000 chance of looting one.

There could be an interface next to the fertilizer station where the LA owner could seed the loot, and players could come up and see what potential items may be seeded, as well as the odds of looting them. This would give LA owners a real edge against natural spawns to encourage folks to grind on their land areas again.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Very respectfully,

- Captain "Lucky" Jack

Suggested it a couple years ago and it was flatly rejected... and frankly im not sure i would trust the loot algorithms with what I put in the pool.

Imagine if someone will loot the mod fap from first mob, that chance in a million. Can happen.
Anyway I think you can pay MA like 100k maybe and make an event on your area where can be looted a mod fap.
Don’t remember how we’re the events before with the items that were looted only on events.
As you can see on entropiawiki at a certain mob , there are items which were looted only during events... what kind of events , dunno...

How about "Long Term" events, so we will be able to do all the forum/tracker events through the ingame event system instead ? :silly2:

How about "Long Term" events, so we will be able to do all the forum/tracker events through the ingame event system instead ? :silly2:

That's a suggestion thread that's coming, but I'm still working on the wording and feasibility. What I'm proposing here is basically implementing technology which already exists ingame and packaging it to land area owners.

Arkadia has the option of mutated mobs on landareas.
This way you don't have to compete with regular non-taxed mobs. System is already live on Arkadia. Why not on Calypso?

MA have to do some fast talking to get around gambling laws, I they may have rejected this system because of that.

This idea sounds nice, but to be honest isn´t the event system in place to do something like that?

I would like it anyways as my personal odds would be much better than it would be in an event :)

Sidenote:
Domes at FOMA, still hold unique DNA (Dasp, Cornoanterion)
Domes at CP, still hold unique DNA (Aurli, Kreltin)
Phasm LA, still holds unique DNA (at least I am not aware of a natural Phasm spawn)

TI still has SecEnt, MinerBots as unique natural spawn (well part of the deal, as it was advertised with having unique mobs in the original sale).

And there is a lot LAs that have a DNA where natural spawns are extremly bad (anoying due to mixes with other mobs and existing maturity).

It may be more work but can't u use tracker to accomplish this?

For a 1 in 20 chance a global/HoF must end on say 22, 44, 66, 88, or 00.

For a 1 in 500 chance it must end in 321.

For a 1 in a million chance it must end in 12345.

That stats aren't right but you get the idea.

The best part of this is the results are transparent. When an item is won everyone will know.

Back