Question: converting armor between M and F

thee pepe

Dominant
I'm sure this has been brought up before,

but would it be so hard to make a recipe to convert an armor from M to F and vice versa.

Something that uses maybe an oil a mineral, some leather or leather texture. maybe even sweat.

throw them in the refiner and poof, u now have the opposite sex armor.

MA should be all for this as it would generate extra decay.

No thank you, I've got at least 50k worth of armour on my account and I'd rather it didn't half in value overnight, as would everyone else with male avatars who have spent money on equipment over the years.

Good idea presented in the wrong year. (should have been mentioned in about 2004)

In reality they should have had universe clothes and armor since day one. But they didn't and now it's impossible to change without a lot of work to change things around and pissing a ton of people off that paid a premium for their armor in the sex they need.

Hell I remember the chaos that happened when they implemented foot guards. The market still hasn't fully recovered from that change. Hence the reason why the markup on most foot guard makes no sense compared to the rest of the armor set.

Convert and make account bound, no problems with that.

can't wait til weapons are F or M. ;)

Lets be modern and hip, lets introduce gender neutral armour!

Not a very good argument for not making armors unisex, look what is happening on the weapon market now, weapons with higher efficiency than imk2 and alot higher dps combined with lower requierments, pistols that beats the mod merc in both dps and efficiency also.
Armors has already lost alot of value the last few years, i dont think a change like this would make it worse, maybe level out somewere between M and F armor prices of today.

No thank you, I've got at least 50k worth of armour on my account and I'd rather it didn't half in value overnight, as would everyone else with male avatars who have spent money on equipment over the years.

I will find you and I’ll kill you for this , this idea its a totally bullishit tbh. Do you realize that some armors M ones cost double than the F ones ? Put yourself in the skin of somebody that paid 50 for armor and then it will value only 25-30k just like this.

After this why should we not have even measures S, XS , M , L, XXXL , and number at some shoes . Wtf , stick to sweat and don’t give any ideas to MA.

the thing is, let old armors be old armors and release new armors with NONE requirement of GENDER. wow... how about that?

Not a very good argument for not making armors unisex, look what is happening on the weapon market now, weapons with higher efficiency than imk2 and alot higher dps combined with lower requierments, pistols that beats the mod merc in both dps and efficiency also.
Armors has already lost alot of value the last few years, i dont think a change like this would make it worse, maybe level out somewere between M and F armor prices of today.

With weapons it's a gradual decline over time, and everyone is affected. Still a lot of people aren't happy about it.

With the suggested change, a proportion of the population would substantially benefit, at the expense of everyone else. That is not the same thing at all. It has a much greater impact, and would be much more damaging.

In real life, this is how civil wars start :)

Of course the same suggestion has been made many times over the years, by people who want to buy cheaper stuff or who want to profit on the gear they've already bought, and thankfully MA has always ignored them.

the thing is, let old armors be old armors and release new armors with NONE requirement of GENDER. wow... how about that?

I agree, all future new armors should be unisex, it will change model depending on avatar equipping it.
Also, why in the world have they not added a webshop item for changing ones sex yet??
So much money potential they have on dat, while we’re at it, upon sex change you’ll be given the option to change your avatar name once, however the old name and sex along with date would be shown forever on your avatar profile that everyone should be able to see, preventing abusal.

FYI: I’m really tired of seeing my male butt..

Sex change items? This is the sci fi future we are talking of... just give option to be mulisexual so avater can wear everything... wonder how many revive terminals have mutated avatars in the past?

I will find you and I’ll kill you for this , this idea its a totally bullishit tbh. Do you realize that some armors M ones cost double than the F ones ? Put yourself in the skin of somebody that paid 50 for armor and then it will value only 25-30k just like this.

After this why should we not have even measures S, XS , M , L, XXXL , and number at some shoes . Wtf , stick to sweat and don’t give any ideas to MA.

wow, a bit of rage in this post?

its a suggestion, nothing more. while i understand M armor will see a slight down tick F armor will see an uptick in pricing.

Stuff does not hold its value forever.

I'm all for the idea of moving forward any new armor can be switched back and forth.

MA can add an NPC, which will change the female armor for a similar male, or male to female.

wow, a bit of rage in this post?

its a suggestion, nothing more. while i understand M armor will see a slight down tick F armor will see an uptick in pricing.

Stuff does not hold its value forever.

I'm all for the idea of moving forward any new armor can be switched back and forth.

Yes and the rage was understandable!

It's just a bullshit proposal to make everything unisex.

I also hate all those bullshit gender neutral discussions.

WTF! Let men be men and women be women!
And let the men wear MALE armour and women FEMALE armour.

Jeezzzz

Why not simply suggest that MA makes it possible to change gender?
In that case your male avatar can change to female and wear the female stuff if you want that.

But please stop with making everything unisex is this world!
It's already bad in real life, and now you want to taint entropia also with it. :mad::mad::mad:

Yes and the rage was understandable!

It's just a bullshit proposal to make everything unisex.

I also hate all those bullshit gender neutral discussions.

WTF! Let men be men and women be women!
And let the men wear MALE armour and women FEMALE armour.

Jeezzzz

Why not simply suggest that MA makes it possible to change gender?
In that case your male avatar can change to female and wear the female stuff if you want that.

But please stop with making everything unisex is this world!
It's already bad in real life, and now you want to taint entropia also with it. :mad::mad::mad:

the rage was understandable? so death threats are cool now?

you can craft armor in this game, you can craft weapons. you can color items. you can texture items. we can build ships. we can travel through space.

Yet somehow we cant figure out how to break down a M armor and rework it to a F armor through crafting or refining?

I give up. you win. i will keep my ideas to myself.

Last edited:
Uh, you guys complaining about the price of male armor dropping do realize that there will be better armors in the future hopefully and that by having them be either unisex, or allowing armor to change sex would allow them to be cheaper for you...:confused:

Uh, you guys complaining about the price of male armor dropping do realize that there will be better armors in the future hopefully and that by having them be either unisex, or allowing armor to change sex would allow them to be cheaper for you...:confused:

New items do not exist in a vacuum. Everything affects everything else.

Even if that were not true, a single piece of new unisex armour should be more expensive than a single-sex one, as there would be more demand for it. If they choose to drop one unisex piece instead of one M and one F, there would be less supply.

Plus, the point about price changes isn't about me, or any individual. It's about everyone, and the game as a whole.

Last edited:
New items do not exist in a vacuum. Everything affects everything else.

Even if that were not true, a single piece of new unisex armour should be more expensive than a single-sex one, as there would be more demand for it. If they choose to drop one unisex piece instead of one M and one F, there would be less supply.

Plus, the point about price changes isn't about me, or any individual. It's about everyone, and the game as a whole.

Your figure is off, there would be the same supply, you put a 1:2 ratio. It should be a 1:1 ratio. For every M or F armor dropped it would be Unisex (or crafted M->F, or F->M) So the price of the U would be the same as the average of M and F armor combined as the supply of the U would be (U=M+F). It would cost less then the M but more then the F. It would help both M avatars get cheaper armor as well as any hunter that got F armor more then M armor. For female avatars their armor would cost more, but the price would most likely decay slower as well then what it does now. So it would still hurt a few select players, which will happen most of the time anything changes. The values of their avatars should be a bit higher though which if they chose to sell the armor in the future should help them a bit.

If MindArk did your supply reasoning then yes that would be a problem, but only if it dropped as U and they went with a 1:1 ration with M or F (1:2 if you use U:M+F), but there would be no way to find that out as you wouldn't be sure that they just made the new armor rarer or if they did something like that. But if the armor dropped as M or F and then had to be crafted/refined into the other it would keep that problem from happening, while still letting the values remain somewhat like they are now. M would still be a bit more then F due to extra costs to change it as long as it did have a cost to change it.

My comment about price changes was made since it seemed like the people being ultra negative owned the armor already and all they cared about was the value dropping on them. Which is something that does need to be addressed that is fair to say. The easiest way would be to like most other things just grandfather in the old armor and just let the new armor change M->F and F->M, it would let the old armor keep its value as much as old armor does when new is released. There are other ways to do it and I could go through some, but it's pointless to do as this is a suggestion, and not some development talk within a design and implementation team.

I vote for unisex armors..... way better for the future of the game. And yes, some will be affected by the change but this is a good change if we want to move forward.

the rage was understandable? so death threats are cool now?

you can craft armor in this game, you can craft weapons. you can color items. you can texture items. we can build ships. we can travel through space.

Yet somehow we cant figure out how to break down a M armor and rework it to a F armor through crafting or refining?

I give up. you win. i will keep my ideas to myself.

The death threats it was a sarcastic affirmation, you don’t need to have fear of gettin out of the house now.
Second why there should be Unisex armors ? To cost less then all? No , instead of costing less IT WILL COST MORE .
Third. You have already 100 different types of L armors that are cheap, 100% - 103 % MU .what you want more than that ? Why should a Supremacy foot guards F that is extremely rare , and has a value of maybe +8k should value + 500 ped after the conversion?

This was long time overdue.
In an evolving entropic universe we need advancement, to keep the economy vital.
Sure price on existing weapons will go down. Everytime something better is found, the value of existing will drop a little.
That is how it works in RL.
Brand new super sports car (f.e. Porsche) is very expencive today. But with evolving techs, this super car will be fairly odd compared to what we could buy in 10 years, so the value is drastically down (not to speak from decay RL cars suffer).

So if you want unisex armor and MA agree to introduce unisex armor it has to go the same route!
Let some players find a few sets of this new unisex armors, that make old existing armors obsolete over time. Sooner or later all old armors will be replaced by new better armors, may it be because better protection or better durability or just better look at same protection/durabillity xD.

Such evolvement has to be a slow process, and if I say slow I mean slow, speak over years (well MA is good in that, many things take them years) xD

A major change over night is always bad, as those who invested a lot in high end gear will cry very loud if their items get obsolete over night. If value goes down slowly, most time can live with it, sell it befor loss is to big and replace it with something better.

And if this something better would be a crafted L part, that would be the very best for EU economy.

Thats why I love the ArMatrix series weapons, its very efficent L and crafted.
We need more of that and slowly shift EU to a all L economy.

That is my dream of EU:
Economy completely driven crafting L items the comunity needs.
Supply and demand would definately change a lot, many things would have nice MUs and much more options for everyone to find themselvs at break even or even profit after MUs.

Just to make things clear. I never asked for unisex armor. I asked for a recipe to convert armors back and forth. Maybe even an item that can be looted that can change a piece of armor. Make it rare like an Eskimo or something.

Back