Wtf is wrong with this game ?

There's some historical evidence MA treats even simple numbers in a very non-linear manner :)

What does "auction fee reduced by 25%" really mean

Hmm, that formula doesn't give me the auction fee the game charges as result ^^
but yeah, the auction fee increase gets smaller the bigger the MU.

Anyway, point was, if the return value is supposed to be between 92,9% (with 0% eff) and 99,9% (with 100%), the 7% span and you're getting 90% with a 63% efficiency weapon, then you're quite off the expected value, regardless of it being linear or non-linear ^^

Hmm, that formula doesn't give me the auction fee the game charges as result ^^
but yeah, the auction fee increase gets smaller the bigger the MU.

Anyway, point was, if the return value is supposed to be between 92,9% (with 0% eff) and 99,9% (with 100%), the 7% span and you're getting 90% with a 63% efficiency weapon, then you're quite off the expected value, regardless of it being linear or non-linear ^^

Post us some official comments where 100% efficiency represent 100% tt return.If you can't find it then stop assuming.Its not helping anyone.

Post us some official comments where 100% efficiency represent 100% tt return.If you can't find it then stop assuming.Its not helping anyone.

I did say: "or whatever the min-max return is" for a reason in my previous post about those values.

"Hunters with turnover of more than 50000 PED since Sept. 11 have enjoyed returns of 98.6% on average."
https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2017/09/27/Developer-Notes--14---Loot-2.0-Update.xml

The span, MA stated, based on efficiency is 7%.
With the average return of 98,6% you can expect, that the return should be at least 91,6%.
At least because the average 98,6%, which means the max is greater than 98,6% which also means that the min should be bigger than 91,6%.

Should have picked those numbers right away :wise:

Last edited:
lots of MU to go around, you just rather complain than go find it

Did u fukin read anything ? Or just stupid reply as usuall u top 1 hunter top 1 minner fukin uber ? ....

I complained about : loosing shit load on hunting, no fukin items or MU in loot over and over again each fukin day.
(minning was just a change to see if same shit) and on top of that I complained that fukin Mindark give ubers on puny mobs to noobs: as a resume.... for stupid lousy just to make a post guys....

Yeah I am a damn unexperienced noob playing at a very low deposit around 20$ a month for over 10 years now.
Well it was more deposits long time ago, but its really enough these days.

I don´t need to hunt big or mine big to learn how the system works. You can learn by observing other players, reading up at forums, check some public hunting/mining logs. There is tons of sources for information, and last but not least and very important for me the EL tracker.

Loot comes in waves, its the same nothing changed here.
Loot peaks have changed, thats obvious and I have seen that even without reading up on it.

I don´t know how long hunts you did on the mobs you have mentioned but look at the number of players hunting these mobs all day: thats not very much

Now look at the number of players that hunt Kerbs and Puny all day, thats many.
Many hunters at same mob = loot fills fast, waves come faster, UBERs happen.

When I go occationally hunting these mobs you mentioned I am artifically alone several hours, no other players around, so the loot on this mobs is filled only by me. Only chance here to hit big, is stay very long or be lucky some other hunter who lost a lot, gave up on it befor high loot happened.

What I can see is, weather you simply was unlucky starting always hunting at low loot wave and not long enough to catch the high loots.
If this happens regularly you definately hunt above your budget or a bad style.
Eco doesn´t matter much here, its just the length of your hunt.

I have seen that so often, people start shooting whatever mob and if no globals within the first 50-100 kills they switch mob, and make an casual hunter happy that jumps on this mob right after they left, noob hitting a nice global in an very early state of the hunt.
Now guess who is those always complaining this game is broken.

It worked that way from start and still works that way.
The more a mob is hunted the more globals happen and the more UBERs happen on that mob, some in relative short intervalls.
Most obvious it is during migration and events.
How often have you hunted in events?
I have done a fair amount of events and its no surprise for me that you can see 20-50+ globals on that event mob during event (mostly 1hr), while you haven´t seen a single global last 20 hours on that mob.
It just matters how much players actually hunt that mob.

If you think, you lone hunter can beat the system, dream on. Nothing will change for you.
Choosing right mob at right time isn´t to much miracle for many higher level hunters, as said EL is a very important tool for that.

60% loots happen get used to it, bad luck.
Others here already pointed out, that there is no linear loots, nor is there any gurantee for the mystic 93%+ returns even not with damn best efficence.
Some hunters manage to achieve that, some of them have public hunting logs, maybe do your homework and look into it.

Its easy to blow away some 1000 PEDs a day.
Why this happens to one hunter again and again over a period of a week/month or more, well its mostly caused by the hunters style to hunt (not necessary gear used).

I really don´t know how the big cyclers decide what to hunt and when to hunt and how long to hunt, but for some of them it works how they do it. If you want to be as successful as these hunters, watch their streams, read their logs, maybe ask them personally.
Some of them will give you good advice others wont.

But stop complaining about a broken system that in fact isn´t broken, you just don´t understand how to use it to your advantage.

Here's why averages aren't very informative.

There are 10 patients in a hospital ward.

On Monday, their average temperature was 37.5 °C. This number doesn't tell anything about the distribution but, for the sake of an example, let's assume it was (37+38+37+38+37+38+37+38+37+38)/10=37.5.

Now, on Tuesday average temperature dropped to 37.3 °C. What could have happened?

• (37+38+37+37+37+38+37+37+37+38)/10=37.3 - some patients are getting better, or...
  • (39+40+39+40+39+40+39+40+39+18)/10=37.3 - one is dead, and the rest are worse.

How about the Kerberos provider in top of the HOF list (4.5k) from a guy that had his first global EVER on last December!

That's what we call building trust from day one! :D

Except that Kerberos are small mobs that are grinded very frequently by small players; ergo it would assume that the frequency of said event of big hofs coming from new players to be more common.

What I can see is, weather you simply was unlucky starting always hunting at low loot wave and not long enough to catch the high loots.
If this happens regularly you definately hunt above your budget or a bad style.
Eco doesn´t matter much here, its just the length of your hunt.

that happened to me several times too, i was shooting for hours without a global, someone else came along and got 3 digit globals.
Yet i still had 93,87% in 5% taxed area.
So may just be a RNG thing and not a lootpool thing, assuming the tt-return is reduced by 5% in 5% taxed area.

Here's why averages aren't very informative.

There are 10 patients in a hospital ward.

On Monday, their average temperature was 37.5 °C. This number doesn't tell anything about the distribution but, for the sake of an example, let's assume it was (37+38+37+38+37+38+37+38+37+38)/10=37.5.

Now, on Tuesday average temperature dropped to 37.3 °C. What could have happened?

• (37+38+37+37+37+38+37+37+37+38)/10=37.3 - some patients are getting better, or...
  • (39+40+39+40+39+40+39+40+39+18)/10=37.3 - one is dead, and the rest are worse.
to use that analogy on entropia's efficiency, the max is 40 and the min is 18 , the difference is bigger than 7.
So it can't be solely due to efficiency.

Yeah I am a damn unexperienced noob playing at a very low deposit around 20$ a month for over 10 years now.
Well it was more deposits long time ago, but its really enough these days.

I don´t need to hunt big or mine big to learn how the system works. You can learn by observing other players, reading up at forums, check some public hunting/mining logs. There is tons of sources for information, and last but not least and very important for me the EL tracker.

But stop complaining about a broken system that in fact isn´t broken, you just don´t understand how to use it to your advantage.

Yes you're partially right. When I hunt I try kill at leat 1k mobs then change if all shit... And yes that happen day after day. BUT until 2.0 I was getting items, MU, and lot of swirls even if I was loosing that . And I was able to play with 1k$ per month now I can't even a fukin week. On that I complain. I NEVER COMPLAINED I LOOSE ! I agree to loose till I make high level and have gear etc... but seems even the ubers stoped grinding all day long... WHY YOU THINK THAT HAPPENED? Couse WE ALL FUKIN DUMB AND DON'T KNOW TO HUNT !.... OR COUSE STUPID MINDARK RUINING THE GAME EACH DAY ! ?!

Point me some mobs... I shooted 10h+ / day and no damn MU

no real 'Markup Up' exactly, but... Deeds....

Spend as heavily on Deeds as you are on other activity in game, and eventually you'll get yourself to the point where passive income can pay for your daily activities...

Markup-wise most deeds have high markup at the moment... but well... Ark moon deeds are sitting on the webshop with zero markup just waiting for you to invest...

no real 'Markup Up' exactly, but... Deeds....

Spend as heavily on Deeds as you are on other activity in game, and eventually you'll get yourself to the point where passive income can pay for your daily activities...

Markup-wise most deeds have high markup at the moment... but well... Ark moon deeds are sitting on the webshop with zero markup just waiting for you to invest...

DEED sucks.,,, make ppl sit away and just log-in to collect. I like the game I prefer to put money in it to keep it alive but I want fun too. Simple as that.

Hello I have also react to this discusion.

I know all arguments from both 5dolla and Messi as Im reading all hunting-related posts here on pcf and comunicating with more experienced players, but the thing is actually elsewhere. Terms of this game are very simple we all are paying to MA for some kind of opportunity to play this game. But the question is when players just say "I have enough of this shit MA it just take silly amount of my investments here" and then there will be massive sell out. Yes maybe some players will stay since they will get nostalgic but there is so many way to invest/gamble in modern way.

I will show this on my case:
Im not player who hunt big mobs to get big loots nor the smaller ones to catch god of loot and strike big. But my passion in this game was to surpass the game mechanics and to reach ability to stay in game with constant searching for MU to keep me alive. I was depositing only to improve my gear not to keep me alive by pumping tremendeous amounts of peds here. That was entertaining for me even though I failed many tim as I was many times succesfull. In that situations I was fine with paying tax to play since there was also an steady opportunity get this tax from players base (crafters) who then get this back from another players who choose different aproach to the game. But nowadays? For several months I didnt se ANY run to be returned in possitive numbers TTwise. All dynamic vanished for me. This is not entertaining at all and I know that Im not the only one. Before I experienced 80% runs but also 140% runs and eventualy I stuck around 95%. And now MA want to say "we got something new for you - people are enjoying 95% return in average" ... WHO?? There is no way to surpass 80-85% TT returns at all (unless you are not vodka and you loot several full tt esi). This situation questions my decision to stay here. Why should I? I could invest everything here in cryptocurencies where dynamics still apply, yes I could loose there but if Im not stupid I could win easily. So please let me know why should I stay here??

Im not super eco but Im eco player who use unl sib weapons only with as low as possible armor healing decay if not any. Playing around 3-5 hours daily with decent turnover suitable to my level.

Peace out,
Mia

So please let me know why should I stay here??

Im not super eco but Im eco player who use unl sib weapons only with as low as possible armor healing decay if not any. Playing around 3-5 hours daily with decent turnover suitable to my level.

Peace out,
Mia

I don't know what has level 25-90 players have to deal with nowadays to increase their level of confidence into the game.
For me it was easy since level 30.Everyone knows it.Won't do it again.I've lost tons but nothing could drag me down from my plan, i mean no one.Today is very different but developer doesn't know that.I hope they have a plan with players who are willing to build their avatar from early stages.
If I remember correctly you are the person who bought my first UL item I've looted an m83 UL.I remember the discussion like it was yesterday but not sure if you are that person.
For me personally it was a super confidence boost/bankroll at that time and I thank you for that.

Well what Lady Mia87 Skullcrusher point out is what I try to point out too... Something is fucked up bad... in the past was shit load of items... 1st were only UL ... ok then L and was a big joy when looted an UL then was shrap and a joy when looted an L (at this point UL is like fukin ATH) .... then only shrap... now not even fukin shrap to cover the loose not to mention MU.... Yup something is fuked bad.... very very bad

Mia only reason to still play the game is nostalgy... NO REASON TO INVEST MORE !

Messi : skilling now even with pills is kinda fucked since loot is fucked.... try use an avatar @ lvl 70 for example and hunt some 5 ped mobs... and tell me if with the current loot you would be as determined as u were 4 years ago WHEN YOU HAD A HOPE. A WISH ! To can loot MU to can hof to be uber.. NOW be uber for what ? You was every damn day with 10+ places in hof list... now time to time with 1 .... meh.... why u have lvl 200+ ? what use...

MINDARK WAKE THE FUCK UP MORONS ! YOU FUKED THE GAME !

How many times have we been here? How many?

Live. Die. Repeat. ;)

When I stopped enjoying the game I stopped playing.

Stopped losing money just like that!

Went through the complaining and denial stages of course...not saying it’s easy because EU is quite addictive.

Kept skills just in case things got better.

i agree with OP...atm game is really bad...

im basicly 100% hunter, and i hunt between 500-1000HP mobs, and sure it is fun to hit 2 hofs on a single day, a LOT of fun, but cicling more then 6k peds, killing at least 300mobs per run, and hitting only 2 or 3 globals, with only one run with profit its completly bs...It is no fun at all to constantly pay 100+ peds per hour, with constant bs loot on each mob...cmon even on 1k hp mobs i cant hit a loot above 30 peds...and then i see n00bs CONSTANTLY hiting ubers on puny's or argo young or kerb provider or whatever and not cicling 10% of what i cicled...for me its bs...
i do not mind to pay for entertainment but i wont pay to blindly gamble.
so for now i stop, ill only do oratan daily to try get dropship, nothing more and just to have a reason to keep loggin in.
they're focusing on noobs, okey, i wanna see how much of those ones hitting ubers will invest as much as i did in gear...i really do...
i do love this game, and im not here to profit, just wanna chill and have some fun at a reasonable tax. but, if it keeps like this ill be just one more that is out.

i agree with OP...atm game is really bad...

im basicly 100% hunter, and i hunt between 500-1000HP mobs, and sure it is fun to hit 2 hofs on a single day, a LOT of fun, but cicling more then 6k peds, killing at least 300mobs per run, and hitting only 2 or 3 globals, with only one run with profit its completly bs...It is no fun at all to constantly pay 100+ peds per hour, with constant bs loot on each mob...cmon even on 1k hp mobs i cant hit a loot above 30 peds...and then i see n00bs CONSTANTLY hiting ubers on puny's or argo young or kerb provider or whatever and not cicling 10% of what i cicled...for me its bs...
i do not mind to pay for entertainment but i wont pay to blindly gamble.
so for now i stop, ill only do oratan daily to try get dropship, nothing more and just to have a reason to keep loggin in.
they're focusing on noobs, okey, i wanna see how much of those ones hitting ubers will invest as much as i did in gear...i really do...
i do love this game, and im not here to profit, just wanna chill and have some fun at a reasonable tax. but, if it keeps like this ill be just one more that is out.

Agree 100% (too bad I can't spread more rep atm... )

When I stopped enjoying the game I stopped playing.

Stopped losing money just like that!

Went through the complaining and denial stages of course...not saying it’s easy because EU is quite addictive.

Kept skills just in case things got better.

The ideea is I don't want to quit. I like the game but it became just a fukin FEED THE NOOBS MAYBE THEY WILL DEPO TOO !!!

WAKE UP MINDARK YOU'RE FUKING THE GAME !

ahahahha somebody tell me that im crazy or idiot or tell me again that foma its just gambling but wtf
Dsec 30 / 2x lvl5 amp , 1x lvl 7 amp //// 118 double DD ----- TT in 898 ped + decay finder //// TT out , 116 ped (2 x XII claims , 1x X claim )

I mined a lot on foma but in the last year its just bullshit , before it wasnt time where you putted in 1k ped and camed back with 100 ped , never happend , but in last year at least , my returns on foma are lower than 40% always.
well i try , i say alwasy maybe i didnt hitted the good hour , but wtf , once , twice , 20 times , Fuck off Mindark , go fuck your granma in the ass but cuz we dont care , but stop stealing our fucking money.

mining on FOMA is necrophilia.
Stop doing that ?

mining on FOMA is necrophilia.
Stop doing that ?

found the solution , TT `ed 80% of the stuff i had , some stuff donated , rest in auc . fuck off entropia

ahahahha somebody tell me that im crazy or idiot or tell me again that foma its just gambling but wtf
Dsec 30 / 2x lvl5 amp , 1x lvl 7 amp //// 118 double DD ----- TT in 898 ped + decay finder //// TT out , 116 ped (2 x XII claims , 1x X claim )

I mined a lot on foma but in the last year its just bullshit , before it wasnt time where you putted in 1k ped and camed back with 100 ped , never happend , but in last year at least , my returns on foma are lower than 40% always.
well i try , i say alwasy maybe i didnt hitted the good hour , but wtf , once , twice , 20 times , Fuck off Mindark , go fuck your granma in the ass but cuz we dont care , but stop stealing our fucking money.

Mining hardcore foma and hunting daspeltor + drone elite

Then coming in forum and swearing like its 10 year old

Pathetic :laugh:

Mining hardcore foma and hunting daspeltor + drone elite

Then coming in forum and swearing like its 10 year old

Pathetic :laugh:

Yeah, true. I would totally ignore that users since usually they are only drawing attention from a serious problems.

If I remember correctly you are the person who bought my first UL item I've looted an m83 UL.I remember the discussion like it was yesterday but not sure if you are that person.
For me personally it was a super confidence boost/bankroll at that time and I thank you for that.

No Messi Im sorry that was not me :)

Well what Lady Mia87 Skullcrusher point out is what I try to point out too... Something is fucked up bad... in the past was shit load of items... 1st were only UL ... ok then L and was a big joy when looted an UL then was shrap and a joy when looted an L (at this point UL is like fukin ATH) .... then only shrap... now not even fukin shrap to cover the loose not to mention MU.... Yup something is fuked bad.... very very bad

Actually this is also not what I try to point. If you pay attention to game you will find mobs which drop steadily nice MU, but even this MU cannot cover "stabile" 80-85% returns. 95%? - Yes.
As I partly agree with you my original point was that the game was about ups and downs before (downs mostly but there were some ups). Nowadays it seems that this game provide largest portion of community only lesser downs followed by big downs with small (nearly imposible) perspective in getting something big to cover lost peds. Before If you wanted this game style you could chose to craft for full condition or go to CND to blow your ped card either to red numbers (most probably) or to ATH, now it seems to be everything on full condition except craft where you could go for quantity whereas still loosing peds (which could be covered by MU added - if not you are stupid/skilling for better BP).

I think that its only matter of time that most of the playerbase would either go hibernate (like many are now) - which is ok with MA since that they actually own your deposited money IRL - or sell out and withdraw their money from game - which is bad for MA since they have to pay you back, but not that bad since they will pay you back with money from other users. Both options are bad for investors (deedholders) since if noone spend their money here there will be no PEDs generated through dividends - and remember these investors dont generate dividends from "hibernated" avatars.

By my opinion MA have to change system somehow since by milking comunity they will reach the edge from no return - but from my personal experience huge changes in Project Entropia always meant the worse more or less (except few nice things implemented ingame as L weapons auto-use tool etc.). Thus MA have to hire developers or supervisors who have at least awareness in successfully working economical models and let them lead. Maybe they also should listen to comunity but not those who constantly cry about thei own failure due to stupid mistakes like gambling (FOMA, AU, Explosives, full condition crafting etc.).

Mia

Last edited:
No hunting since early November. (Couldn't help myself but to do a bit of gamble crafting towards xmas.) Now just sitting on the side lines waiting for my withdrawals to arrive.

Was just too frustrating and obvious that the game got rigged towards noobs & noob mobs while getting shafted myself.

Immediately after 2.0 crit buff scam my loot took a noticeable dive. Before it could get better MA decided to hook the noobs with 5k kerbs and 5 digit mining hofs. Nothing left for longstanding & frustrated depositors.

2017 was just one big mess of rip-off implementations paired with gross incompetence. Increasingly grown sick of this game over the course of last year.

All the folks banging on about kerbs being killed in larger numbers and therefore giving more 4 digit hits...It's not been quite like that before 2.0 and it's entirely up to MA to apply calculations one way or the other.

Number of mobs killed sure should be part of the equation but how about a bit more emphasis on amount of ped cycled?

1000 osseo (young) v 10000 kerb (young to dom). What's the higher ped spend?

Besides all that it was not a superstition that big swirls were allocated based on registration date. TOO BLOODY OBVIOUS! Some noobs uber twice (hunting or mining) within the first 1000 peds worth of registered globals. 45k in ark underground to some complete noob! Day in day out getting screwed on loot & seeing these big hits for people who signed up 5min ago!

For entirely selfish & spiteful reasons i hope your calculation (to hook the noobs & make them pay for the lost revenue from your your older customers) is not coming off MA and you'll be feeling the heat rather soon!

Lost all confidence & respect for you as a company.

Might give it one last go in March/April again.

Back