Need to work on Rifle - Laser Sniper(hit)

Mac

Marauder
Mannanan Mac y Lir
Wasn't sure if I should put this in weapons or skills, its kind of both.

My Laser Pistoleer is just about to tick over to 109 now, but my Laser Sniper(Hit) is sucking hind tit at lvl 81, so I can't use any decent rifle for event dps. I would like to eventually get that up to 110 to open up my options.

I bought one of those ArMatrix lvl 80 laser rifle because I couldn't find a lvl 75, so Learning Period = yes, which I know is not ideal, but it will have to do for now. Limited Items piss me off. I hate using L items. I hate shopping for them. I hate trying to craft them. I hate that they tier up just in time to die. I would rather repair something I own. I was used to using the dps and awesome skilling of my mod merc. I sold that so I could work on Rifle, but would like to have the dps and skills. Any suggestions?

Also, I always wanted an imk2, but I have seen a lot of them on the market lately and not sure why. People say they are great and earn a great tt return, but if so, why sell? I know things have changed since loot 2.0, I just haven't paid a lot of attention to rifle, now that I am starting to look at it, I am curious what's going on with them. I know there are grinding weapons and event weapons. Id rather have one for all situations, but would like to have options. What are people moving to and why?

Wasn't sure if I should put this in weapons or skills, its kind of both.

My Laser Pistoleer is just about to tick over to 109 now, but my Laser Sniper(Hit) is sucking hind tit at lvl 81, so I can't use any decent rifle for event dps. I would like to eventually get that up to 110 to open up my options.

I bought one of those ArMatrix lvl 80 laser rifle because I couldn't find a lvl 75, so Learning Period = yes, which I know is not ideal, but it will have to do for now. Limited Items piss me off. I hate using L items. I hate shopping for them. I hate trying to craft them. I hate that they tier up just in time to die. I would rather repair something I own. I was used to using the dps and awesome skilling of my mod merc. I sold that so I could work on Rifle, but would like to have the dps and skills. Any suggestions?

Also, I always wanted an imk2, but I have seen a lot of them on the market lately and not sure why. People say they are great and earn a great tt return, but if so, why sell? I know things have changed since loot 2.0, I just haven't paid a lot of attention to rifle, now that I am starting to look at it, I am curious what's going on with them. I know there are grinding weapons and event weapons. Id rather have one for all situations, but would like to have options. What are people moving to and why?

I’ll send you a PM soon with some of my thoughts

How about EWE LC 300 Ambush? Low tier, just to skill, tier it once or twice maybe... good gun, you will like it, decent prices compared to alternatives atm, should keep you busy 20-30 levels if not more. One or two are for sale I think, check them out

Last edited:
Assuming EU history continues to repeat itself, I'm sure unlimited ArMatrix will be introduced this year.

It always seems to go that way; limited then unlimited versions come a little later, so more choice will become available. MA also have a habit over the last couple of years of introducing a series of weapons, and before you can blink a new set arrives. Didn't we have, Armatrix, weapon upgrades of old stuff, and plot weapons "all at the same time"....lol. Some stuff appeared to outclass other stuff, more or less as soon as it was introduced.

Since buffs are all the rage, I wouldn't be surprised if those come online with added skill gain, at the same time MA are pushing the MM (event), token super eco weapons as well. One thing is for sure, eco is the "new" label, with the intention of making players skill to get more eco, even at top end levels.

I don't actual believe the eco ratings were to help us at all, they conveniently helped MA by quite obviously showing a weapons true worth. I personally won't touch a gun under 60 eco ever again, based on whatever MA have done under the hood. If anything I reckon 70.0+ eco rating will become common place within the next year or so.

Sadly in my opinion this means much stuff won't hold it's value, I just say what I see Ma make the changes. I just hope those that bought the stuff (MM's Imk2 etc) had a damn good run with them, and got most of the return back already.

Wouldn't be surprised to see more buffs added to pets this year (maybe even pet level unlocks), and a whole new range of rings...possibly even ring upgrades. Nothing surprises me anymore here.

Wouldn't be surprised to see new range of melee either that take uni ammo. So don't worry about choice, you'll be flooded with choice. Just when you think you've got a great gun, there be some other buff or add-on you need to boost it up more, or newer gun. Maybe come the end of 2018 we'll have a clearer picture of the direction MA have been heading towards in the development room.

It's all about new income, so get your cash ready to buy some new kit...smiles.

Rick

Iam selling mine cos i want more dps. Ive tryed to be at small mobs but i just hate it, Amp breaktime gone from 2.5h too 5+h so cant get enough cycle in with my limited playing time ive had recently.

Pre 2.0 you would still need a 20 amp run or so to even out now with 2.0 its almost full time job.
Other reason i just dont think its worth it for me with my sidegear and some exprementation with diffrent dpp setups kinda hints there is a hard solid max dpp Wall for returns so i willing to put my money where my mouth is so to speak and risk it with much worse effi gun.

Reactions: Mac
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Weapon

Filter: Column: Hit Profession = "laser sniper" (enter without quotes), click '+', wait for page to reload

Column: Name != "(L)", click 'OK', let page reload

Configure columns (31 hidden): check box, let page reload

Hit profession Rec, Maxed: check both boxes

Configure columns: uncheck, let page reload

In result list header, click on 'Rec' under Hit profession, let page reload; this will sort ascending; click again, let reload, to sort descending and relegate non-sibs to the bottom

Now you have full overview of your choices.

I’ll send you a PM soon with some of my thoughts

Thanks for that.

How about EWE LC 300 Ambush? Low tier, just to skill, tier it once or twice maybe... good gun, you will like it, decent prices compared to alternatives atm, should keep you busy 20-30 levels if not more. One or two are for sale I think, check them out

Thanks for the info, the Ambush looks good, but I would prefer more range. Although I do have a T4 iff8k, so I could just keep using that for tagging. I was kind of hoping by going to a long range dps that I wouldn't have to switch weps too often. That recent lag fiasco killed me, over and over having to switch a lot.

Assuming EU history continues to repeat itself, I'm sure unlimited ArMatrix will be introduced this year.

It always seems to go that way; limited then unlimited versions come a little later, so more choice will become available. MA also have a habit over the last couple of years of introducing a series of weapons, and before you can blink a new set arrives. Didn't we have, Armatrix, weapon upgrades of old stuff, and plot weapons "all at the same time"....lol. Some stuff appeared to outclass other stuff, more or less as soon as it was introduced.

Since buffs are all the rage, I wouldn't be surprised if those come online with added skill gain, at the same time MA are pushing the MM (event), token super eco weapons as well. One thing is for sure, eco is the "new" label, with the intention of making players skill to get more eco, even at top end levels.

I don't actual believe the eco ratings were to help us at all, they conveniently helped MA by quite obviously showing a weapons true worth. I personally won't touch a gun under 60 eco ever again, based on whatever MA have done under the hood. If anything I reckon 70.0+ eco rating will become common place within the next year or so.

Sadly in my opinion this means much stuff won't hold it's value, I just say what I see Ma make the changes. I just hope those that bought the stuff (MM's Imk2 etc) had a damn good run with them, and got most of the return back already.

Wouldn't be surprised to see more buffs added to pets this year (maybe even pet level unlocks), and a whole new range of rings...possibly even ring upgrades. Nothing surprises me anymore here.

Wouldn't be surprised to see new range of melee either that take uni ammo. So don't worry about choice, you'll be flooded with choice. Just when you think you've got a great gun, there be some other buff or add-on you need to boost it up more, or newer gun. Maybe come the end of 2018 we'll have a clearer picture of the direction MA have been heading towards in the development room.

It's all about new income, so get your cash ready to buy some new kit...smiles.

Rick

I won't guess on UL ArMatrix, although that has been the trend, they appear to address the calls for a better crafting loop, if so, why break the loop by releasing an UL version, wouldn't make sense, but sense has never been MA's strong suit.

I have similar thoughts on some of what you wrote, I want an UL wep because of all the UL wep goodness, but I have lost a lot of confidence in the system lately, I am less likely to buy the best I can get now. I might just settle for less and save my money.

Iam selling mine cos i want more dps. Ive tryed to be at small mobs but i just hate it, Amp breaktime gone from 2.5h too 5+h so cant get enough cycle in with my limited playing time ive had recently.

Pre 2.0 you would still need a 20 amp run or so to even out now with 2.0 its almost full time job.
Other reason i just dont think its worth it for me with my sidegear and some exprementation with diffrent dpp setups kinda hints there is a hard solid max dpp Wall for returns so i willing to put my money where my mouth is so to speak and risk it with much worse effi gun.

I missed the pre-2.0 +hit gold rush, I was busy focusing on my laser pistol goals. My desire was buying more dps, skilling up and killing bigger mobs for entertainment. I have always loved DPS over everything else for many reasons, but I'm not sure what that would be for me right now. I loved my MM, I thought it was a great combo for all things PE, except for range.

Filter: Column: Hit Profession = "laser sniper" (enter without quotes), click '+', wait for page to reload

In result list header, click on 'Rec' under Hit profession, let page reload; this will sort ascending; click again, let reload, to sort descending and relegate non-sibs to the bottom

Thanks! :laugh:

Oops... something went wrong
The error has been logged and will hopefully be fixed soon. You may try to use the other functions of the site until the error is fixed. We are sorry for any inconveniences. Please file a bug report in the Bugs section if the error persists, or contact the admin at joda.entropia@gmail.com

I will try this when it comes back up :)

I won't guess on UL ArMatrix, although that has been the trend, they appear to address the calls for a better crafting loop, if so, why break the loop by releasing an UL version, wouldn't make sense, but sense has never been MA's strong suit.

Besause they have done that in the past several times :)
MA give a shit about crafters and functional economy concept driven by crafting, why does generic components don´t drop anymore.

I have a lot BPs that need it, when have you seen last Aspis, or the Rutic swords and Kesmek knifes?
Nearly all BPs from weapons book II isn´t craftable these days, due to missing components.

Good that there is ArMatrix now, we will see how long its good for the crafters.

Sorry for off topic

Grab a Zorra's HK. 104 range, effectively holds all mayhem amps, and really low enhancer burn rate. Also makes a decent PK toy when you throw a few tiers on it.

wow. this actually helped explain how to use this chart. Thank you. Lots of questions answered here by someone actually explaining what goes in boxes that have no label or information for them.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Back