Achievement: Incredible Tamer - Rick England

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
Yay!!! Level 57 Tamer, so loving that new title. :yay:

It's not all about 800 ped ammo runs; 1000's of 210 ped whips+amp, taming tens of thousands of pets is good fun too.

I need some more training though to get to that magic level 60 to unlock scientist. Need a break from taming soon, although it just about matches my personal budget, so I'll hang in there.

Laters

Rick

ps: people often ask why such a big gap between animal tamer and pet handler (usually it's around 2-3 levels). Well for me it's tons of whip skill that makes that massive gap. I had no taming skills in the old system, so got most of my skill from taming from 2014 onwards, rather than handling pets in stables as I heard in the early days of EU.

Grats Rick! Thats just,,,,, INCREDIBLE!

You are an incredible tamer Rick!

Congratulations! :woot:

Thanks folks.

My Royal dragon is getting there too. I hardcore trained it during 2016, then only added one level in 2017 (mainly as I was training other pets). Maybe I'll take it to level 50 in 2018. I think I only need another 50K xp for level 50. That's a lot of bars, but hey-ho I do love that dragon.

For those that don't know, taming is very much like hunting. You get loot the same as hunting, there's just that extra twist of pressing the 'attempt tame' button. It makes it much more interesting and enjoyable.

Plus taming has never been cheaper. You can get an unlimited adjusted whip for under 300 ped!!!! and it's over 60 eco before you add an amp. You can get perfected taming ring for about 200 ped, can run low level armour with no plates.

I'm not a big fan of loot 2.10 though or whatever we're at now. Globals (needs 20 pedders for devils and dragons), are very very rare now. If you looked at tracker, you'd think I was hardly online. Generally though I can get my whip costs back per run, it's a struggle to get amp costs back as well though. I did get a 300 ped devil hof about a week ago, which was a nice surprise.

However; as I say to people, your input peds are about 270 ped per 2 hours taming (210 whip 56 ped amp, 5 ped armour). If you can get back 200+ ped say per run then your risk is managable with no massive scary losses. It's the number of runs you do that eat away at your budget. I still like it for low level ped management.

Onwards and upwards.

Rick

Thanks folks.

My Royal dragon is getting there too. I hardcore trained it during 2016, then only added one level in 2017 (mainly as I was training other pets). Maybe I'll take it to level 50 in 2018. I think I only need another 50K xp for level 50. That's a lot of bars, but hey-ho I do love that dragon.

For those that don't know, taming is very much like hunting. You get loot the same as hunting, there's just that extra twist of pressing the 'attempt tame' button. It makes it much more interesting and enjoyable.

Plus taming has never been cheaper. You can get an unlimited adjusted whip for under 300 ped!!!! and it's over 60 eco before you add an amp. You can get perfected taming ring for about 200 ped, can run low level armour with no plates.

I'm not a big fan of loot 2.10 though or whatever we're at now. Globals (needs 20 pedders for devils and dragons), are very very rare now. If you looked at tracker, you'd think I was hardly online. Generally though I can get my whip costs back per run, it's a struggle to get amp costs back as well though. I did get a 300 ped devil hof about a week ago, which was a nice surprise.

However; as I say to people, your input peds are about 270 ped per 2 hours taming (210 whip 56 ped amp, 5 ped armour). If you can get back 200+ ped say per run then your risk is managable with no massive scary losses. It's the number of runs you do that eat away at your budget. I still like it for low level ped management.

Onwards and upwards.

Rick

Gratz, and yep. Agree with the start up costs being low. I'm only in the 20s levels now (got to level 12 whip before taming was introduced during that dead time from when it was here til they put it back in game, mostly just on puny iron mission), but slowly working on going up when I'm not doing quests, etc. Just wish Mindark would put in some taming missions as each tame does not count as a kill so it won't count towards any iron mission if you successfully tame the critters. Maybe as compet income enters in to the picture they'll change focus to improve things on the taming side of the world.

Gratz, and yep. Agree with the start up costs being low. I'm only in the 20s levels now (got to level 12 whip before taming was introduced during that dead time from when it was here til they put it back in game, mostly just on puny iron mission), but slowly working on going up when I'm not doing quests, etc. Just wish Mindark would put in some taming missions as each tame does not count as a kill so it won't count towards any iron mission if you successfully tame the critters. Maybe as compet income enters in to the picture they'll change focus to improve things on the taming side of the world.

Sure it's a pain that when tames don't count as kills for missions. One reason i don't tame many Atrox. Atrox are not very good mobs though for grinding taming. Missions would be nice yeah for sure.

Maybe there's will be some massive changes when compet finally links with EU.

There's huge amounts that can be done with pets and taming. Pets do have loads more buff slots too, so something must have been thought about there. Maybe even higher level unlocks, surprise unlocks even, and surprise new tricks you suddenly unlock at higher levels.

I've still got high hopes of more tamable new mobs being added to the other islands near the devils and dragons, and even bigger whips.

I think the community would embrace taming and pets more, once more is completed, and there's some real purpose for pets and taming skills other than just buffs.

The day we can use our pets as a tagger, or even better an additional hunter, is the day I'm really happy. Plus being able to spawn more than one pet at a time, although I have a feeling more rings might come for that (I just hope they have professional level requirement, make players earn that right).

I don't know; level 40 pet handler for 2 pets, then 3 pets level 50...blah blah. Maybe we can upgrade rings to make that happen, who knows.

Hang in there.

Rick

Nice M8 :D Congraz!! Alot of hard work into that.

That's incredible! Huge gratz.

I need some more training though to get to that magic level 60 to unlock scientist. Need a break from taming soon, although it just about matches my personal budget, so I'll hang in there.

FUCK YOU MAN.. I need 1.2 lvl to unlock with medic skills, if you beat me I will sell out.

OOh wait, I will sell my ava, way cheaper & 3 aths + I loot UL weapons for all ;)

GL on your mission!

That's iNCR3DIBLE towards achieving Beast Mastery levels m8; keep up the great work and congratz!

nice lvl, gratz!! btw, didn't know that you can unlock scientist with taming, now you gave me a new goal :whip:

well, i noticed that mobs you tame doesn't count in iron challenges too, so, they need to add taming missions one day.. well, at leat i hope :tux:

Very nice good job m8 that is alot of hard work for sure :wtg:

FUCK YOU MAN.. I need 1.2 lvl to unlock with medic skills, if you beat me I will sell out.

OOh wait, I will sell my ava, way cheaper & 3 aths + I loot UL weapons for all ;)

GL on your mission!

LOL Das.

Challenge accepted. You best hurry up then, as I've got less than half a level to go.

Just a 5 digit loot would be nice for me personally. Force Merge wasn't enough, Commando wasn't enough, probably Scientist won't be enough either. Training a Royal Dragon to level 50+ also didn't work, nor did having over 1 millon xp in all my pets in total. Nor did I get a welcome hof as a noob.

I'd say you're more blessed than me, so hang in there. Dedication has its limits.

I'll update shortly with level 60...smiles.

Rick

Gratz, well done. It is very sad that taming is still useless stopped doing anything a while ago on that front. Apparently level 80 may unlock Intuition but has not been confirmed.

Gratz, well done. It is very sad that taming is still useless stopped doing anything a while ago on that front. Apparently level 80 may unlock Intuition but has not been confirmed.

Thanks.

I think you'd be pleasently surprised with the performance of your level 80 pet in the field. Maybe we don't notice certain things at low levels, but at higher pet levels those little micro adjustments do become quite noticable. Maybe pets do have purpose after all, and it's up to us to find it.

Then again a lot of people think I talk 'crapnel' most the time, so it could all be in my head....smiles. I'm sure MA will enlighten us all when they feel the time is right. Although if I had a super trained pet, I would "not" sell it right now.

The other thing to consider about pets, and this is how I explained it recently to someone. To me pets are either working pets or novelty pets. Consider a farmer for example using his 'working' dogs, to help his business. Pets are very similar you know in EU. It's interesting that Ma dumped a load of Mythical rabbits on the market. Don't knock that basic energy burn + buff number, the bigger that number the better...smiles.

So I say to people, if you haven't noticed why, then your pets is just too damn noob to notice. I'm not going into further detail, other than point people in the right direction. I already feel at times my ava is punished enough, so I refer people to the bold bit above. Good luck out there.

Why don't you pump your efforts into a mythical pet Komb, no disrespect to your old Daik, but there's some beautful mythical and legendary pets out there. I've almost unlock my Wasp devil now, I'm going to train that one next for hunting.

Rick

Interesting point, perhaps you may have a point and MA has a deep master plan, and I need to get a mythical pet and skill the shit out of it, and also push my skills a bit to unlock Intuition just in case. Haven't played much or at all lately, but if MA actually does anything at all pet wise it may bring me back into the game at least for a bit:)

............, but if MA actually does anything at all pet wise it may bring me back into the game at least for a bit:)

MA have done something, and the clues are in the post.

I feel I owe something back, after the compet situation, a lot of us got seriously burned included myself. I sold it up, and it was s mistake. Took me 2 years of hard stuggle to save for deeds myself, instead of having fun in-game. Even my family suffered becasue of that to some degree. I do think however it will all work out in the end with compet, MA don't like to lose at anything, it's just going to take a lot longer than we thought. Only bought the damn things to try and make some headway after so many years struggling here.

Anyway; people either spot the clue or they dont. Act on it, or they don't. I will continue to train my pets.

GL folks.

Rick

I saw the clue, my level 80 daiki seems to be about as useless as a level 20 daiki though. I suppose your point is if you take legendary or mythical pets and train them up to very high levels the effect becomes noticeable whatever it is. However the main functionality that was expected, i.e hunting, carrying items, etc is still not in game...

I saw the clue, my level 80 daiki seems to be about as useless as a level 20 daiki though. I suppose your point is if you take legendary or mythical pets and train them up to very high levels the effect becomes noticeable whatever it is. However the main functionality that was expected, i.e hunting, carrying items, etc is still not in game...

MMMmmmm; like I said I could be talking crapnel. Some would say even double crapnel. Some say skilling melee with whips is terrible idea with all this crapnel. Who knows :p

I'm out.

Rick

Actually, if that isn't how it works, MA should change it to that. Making pets become effective at higher levels would make sense for EU, and make taming a vital profession.

Actually, if that isn't how it works, MA should change it to that. Making pets become effective at higher levels would make sense for EU, and make taming a vital profession.

Who knows.......... interesting though.

Back