KILLSTEALING/HARASSMENT/REPORT/AGAINST ToU

skubahta

Provider
Hi,

On the 28/01/2018 roughly around 17:30 the player josef Quefe88 carles had this behavior against ToU kill stealing my mobs.

Even thought I asked him to stop, warned him that his behavior was against ToU and that I was goingo to report him he would not stop.

Player has been reported to MA and lets see what their saying is and what measures they take against this sort of behavior.

Inb4 lock, saved his name.

He definitely appears to be doing it on purpose. I doubt MA will do anything about it, so it's good to post this sort of behavior on the forums to make other players aware of his behavior.

Has he been reported to MA?
He should be

thanks for sharing with us

always good to know who is poluting game.

Yeah reported to MA. Waiting on reply.

If you cant open the links go on youtube and type: josef Quefe88 carles killstealing.

Blatently doint it on porpuse and then dancing taking the piss.

Although its against forum rules, thanks for sharing the info.

Name noticed and another one on my blacklist.

Hope MA take actions.

Will be interesting to see, what his Soc-Mates have to say.......

Even thought I asked him to stop, warned him ...
Anything else going on between you two? Something before asking him to stop and warning about reporting?

Just curious, sometimes if you look closer it turns out things aren't so black and white as they seemed. There's even those extreme cases where you'll find out the victim was actually the perpetrator.

NOT saying that's the case here. Not saying it isn't either.

Yeah reported to MA. Waiting on reply.

If you cant open the links go on youtube and type: josef Quefe88 carles killstealing.

Blatently doint it on porpuse and then dancing taking the piss.

They do nothing , in ffa happend also to me , that one was killstealing and also 2 guys that mob trained me. Made support case. And they didn’t made nothing.

They do nothing , in ffa happend also to me , that one was killstealing and also 2 guys that mob trained me. Made support case. And they didn’t made nothing.

Although I don't condone kill stealing under most circumstance, FFA stands for free for all. My interpretation of FFA means 'no rules, anything goes'. It's a competition, essentially player v player without the ability to kill each other. Anything that happens in FFA stays in FFA :)

Per MA, kill stealing is NOT against the TOS. While you may feel it is “disrupting your use of the EU services”, MA has stated that it is morally and ethically wrong, but is part of the “virtual world experience” that EU is built upon.

Per MA, kill stealing is NOT against the TOS. While you may feel it is “disrupting your use of the EU services”, MA has stated that it is morally and ethically wrong, but is part of the “virtual world experience” that EU is built upon.

got a direct quote from a support ticket, thread, or somewhere on that one?

If it is in pvp then they don't care, but otherwise a repeating killstealing falls under ToU 8c:
c. You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe.

if im hunting something big and i get killed lets say at 60% hp left and someone near me kill that mob ill KS him , ya i know im noob i got killed but i really hate when some ppls does it

funny i was on eomon last migration and some guy thought i took his mob, he was quite mad but i really hate it when ppls does it to me so i always tried to pay a bit of attention when i tag mobs

Last edited:
Anybody can do it, once, by accident. Every so often I'll be running from place to place and see a mob that's missing some health. Sometimes mobs even spawn with reduced health; I know for a fact this occurs because I'll be hunting in one area for hours with nobody else around and see mobs appear that aren't at max.

If I come across an injured mob and there's no green dot in sight, I'll bag it. That's not kill-stealing, IMHO; that's taking advantage of an opportunity.

I even recently watched a newcomer at Icarus desperately trying to kill the Starving Atrax, and he got it down to about 1/3 health remaining. I did him a favor and finished it off, telling him to "Go get your loot" after he respawned. :silly2:

If you see someone die while shooting something, and they don't reappear after a couple of minutes, that mob is fair game.

I've also had a mob that had killed another hunter, when I was in the area, suddenly aggro on me. I'll definitely not hesitate to shoot it if it's coming after me.

So the above examples show many grey areas of this situation that don't count as kill-stealing, in my books.

If someone, however, sees you shooting a mob and repeatedly shoots at your mob, with you being there in plain sight, this is clearly kill-stealing and should be reported.

If I come across an injured mob and there's no green dot in sight, I'll bag it. That's not kill-stealing, IMHO; that's taking advantage of an opportunity.

Yap fair i usully wait like 1 min then kill it also. But if the guy is with me on radar and he see me getting killed and then he gets that mob ill just ks him.

I also find many people are hunting while they do other things like watching movies and just have auto use on and hit switch to next mob when they think they have killed the mob. This could result in them shooting your mob by accident...especially since switch next mob doesn't mean the closest one to you. Sometimes it is the one at the edge of your draw radius.

Ive had it happened against me many times before where i thought someone was kill stealing my mob but it was just the above. If you see it happening, just send them a polite friendly reminder that they need to watch what they shoot. 9/10 times they will reply back saying sorry i was multi-tasking and they will then either TP away so they are not near you or they start paying attention to what they shoot.

The key word there is friendly....if your message to them is down right rude or contains explicit language, even when it was a clear mistake on their behalf, they have every right to make your hunt miserable. Let the most DPS win in that case.

Anybody can do it, once, by accident. Every so often I'll be running from place to place and see a mob that's missing some health. Sometimes mobs even spawn with reduced health; I know for a fact this occurs because I'll be hunting in one area for hours with nobody else around and see mobs appear that aren't at max.

As far as I'm aware mobs only regenerate health if there's a green dot on radar.

So this explains you seeing mobs with reduced health.

As far as I'm aware mobs only regenerate health if there's a green dot on radar.

So this explains you seeing mobs with reduced health.

I agree, mobs don't regenerate when nobody's around.

The question however is "why are some mobs spawning without max health?" As I stated before, I was hunting a specific area that was lucky for me previously, circling the same small area shooting the mobs that were spawning in that area. No other player was in the area. The mob spawned in an area I just passed through, it couldn't have been shot at by anyone else...unless the player was invisible in both FPV and radar.

I frequently hunt solo in areas where no other hunters are, as it's my preference...so this is something I've seen happen for years.

I also find many people are hunting while they do other things like watching movies and just have auto use on and hit switch to next mob when they think they have killed the mob. This could result in them shooting your mob by accident...especially since switch next mob doesn't mean the closest one to you. Sometimes it is the one at the edge of your draw radius.

Ive had it happened against me many times before where i thought someone was kill stealing my mob but it was just the above. If you see it happening, just send them a polite friendly reminder that they need to watch what they shoot. 9/10 times they will reply back saying sorry i was multi-tasking and they will then either TP away so they are not near you or they start paying attention to what they shoot.

The key word there is friendly....if your message to them is down right rude or contains explicit language, even when it was a clear mistake on their behalf, they have every right to make your hunt miserable. Let the most DPS win in that case.

I could not agree with you more. I'll be honest I've accidentally KS'd before and by no means was it on purpose. 99% of the time it was because I was auto-select next target while I was mindlessly grinding an iron mission and depending on the gun range can be far. The other time (was not a KS but still an embarrassing story) I TP'd in to hunt with my team and did not pay attention. Stood there shooting a higher lvl mob for a good for seconds to look over and see the individual was not part of my teams :ahh:! Talk about embarrassing!

Regardless, I can say every time I've apologized and 9 out of 10 people understand.

We've all hunted semi-afk watchin/doing' somethin else and what not and accidentally KS'ed someone. But that guy was actually harassing the dude. That's completely different

This is an old one but this is what MA said to me when I tried to report it:

History for support case 300251:

2015-03-26 18:26 You wrote:

Redeyes Shiro BlueHair came up on me taming a sapphire dragon and started killing it. I asked them to stop and they told me I would have to pay them to stop. Please check the chat records to see this incident.

2015-03-27 10:17 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi deathouse,

Thank you for contacting us. We are always happy to help, however, in order for us to assist you, we need more information about this.

At what approximate time and date did this occur?

Kind regards,
Hank Entropia Universe Support

2015-03-27 14:07 You wrote:

Here is the chat log file staring with me asking them to stop,

2015-03-26 18:19:33 [Local] [Rufus deathouse dragon] please stop
2015-03-26 18:19:42 [Local] [RedEyes Shiro BlueHair] pay
2015-03-26 18:19:47 [System] [] You take 1.0 points of damage.
2015-03-26 18:19:56 [System] [] You take 1.0 points of damage.
2015-03-26 18:20:06 [System] [] You take 1.0 points of damage.
2015-03-26 18:20:08 [System] [] You take 1.0 points of damage.
2015-03-26 18:20:11 [System] [] You take 1.0 points of damage.
2015-03-26 18:20:22 [Local] [Rufus deathouse dragon] print screnn ass
2015-03-26 18:20:39 [System] [] You take 1.0 points of damage.
2015-03-26 18:20:42 [System] [] You take 1.0 points of damage.
2015-03-26 18:20:45 [System] [] You inflicted 12.1 points of damage.
2015-03-26 18:20:49 [System] [] You have gained experience in your Whip skill.
2015-03-26 18:20:49 [System] [] You inflicted 10.7 points of damage.
2015-03-26 18:20:53 [Local] [Wilfred Kan Kane] dont kill it lol
2015-03-26 18:20:56 [Local] [RedEyes Shiro BlueHair] ye
2015-03-26 18:21:00 [Local] [Rufus deathouse dragon] ass hole
2015-03-26 18:21:02 [Local] [RedEyes Shiro BlueHair] i didnt kill it
2015-03-26 18:21:07 [Local] [Wilfred Kan Kane] danf
2015-03-26 18:22:03 [Local] [Wilfred Kan Kane] dang too bad
2015-03-26 18:22:28 [Local] [Rufus deathouse dragon] reporting them now they told me to pay them to stop

2015-03-27 14:46 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi deathouse,

"Kill stealing" is a well known phenomena. Morally it is of course objectionable. For ethical reasons participants should not attack creatures other participants are handling, however, there is no prohibition against it. Since you meet real people in Entropia Universe you will now and then meet people that do not follow the same ethical codes as you do.

Should this lead to systematic harassment, we will intervene, but single incidents are hard to prevent.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support

Regarding the saphire pet incident, suggested in a couple other threads is that rare tameables be put in to an instance u unlock by turning in animal essence to get key. Perhaps someday mindark will go that route instead of as it is now....

I agree, mobs don't regenerate when nobody's around.

The question however is "why are some mobs spawning without max health?" As I stated before, I was hunting a specific area that was lucky for me previously, circling the same small area shooting the mobs that were spawning in that area. No other player was in the area. The mob spawned in an area I just passed through, it couldn't have been shot at by anyone else...unless the player was invisible in both FPV and radar.

I frequently hunt solo in areas where no other hunters are, as it's my preference...so this is something I've seen happen for years.

I'm pretty sure this happens when a mob is stuck for a certain period of time, it respawns with same health.

Back