Avatar Statue deed sales - mindark sales in general

Yep, kinda annoying that a big sale went on like this.. and now it's been so long with nothing...

perhaps Mindark will make good on this and the Arkadia deed thing and fix all the other hundreds of things people send in support tickets about someday... preferably before they start selling those deep token... (unless maybe they plan on using those to somehow pay compensation?)

Last edited:
Yep, kinda annoying that a big sale went on like this.. and now it's been so long with nothing...

perhaps Mindark will make good on this and the Arkadia deed thing and fix all the other hundreds of things people send in support tickets about someday... preferably before they start selling those deep token... (unless maybe they plan on using those to somehow pay compensation?)

That would be like the government printing money to pay its debt. The beginning of the end.

Sry to say it, but it was just only a new way from MA to get fresh cash in the game. Thats the reason for really every event, every big sale and things like that.

- The dont give you information
- The dont even answers you messages
- The dont even care about you as a costumer, that have pay for a product

In every case it is like this, the only care if you live in Sweden goes to the Companys door and the now you comes every day stays there and ask whats going on. But the dont care you are from a other country..thats the truth

I'm amazed people aren't demanding their money back with interest.

For those in the EU https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_small_claims-42-en.do

MA should have had a plan in place for when the statues were sold, some time set aside with a developer assigned to the task. It doesn't matter what they sold for, if they'd sold for 1 pec they should still complete the task.

those who bought statues should have probably bought bitcoins for their 500 bucks over a year ago ... i just don't get why mindark doesn't get the idea that some day, people will think it's a really stupid investment to buy their next "thing"? :scratch2:

hence why many of them fail already? whatever ... it's not my business, i'm only stakeholder ;)

Bump for those who bought one!

They're still releasing more crap before actually doing stuff that could help them gain back some trust.
People paid for a product, and they fail to deliver.

Bump for those who bought one!

They're still releasing more crap before actually doing stuff that could help them gain back some trust.
People paid for a product, and they fail to deliver.

Thanks Killahbee, so far the 3 existing owners are still getting 'ignored' - only statement was 'they are working on it' but they dont even know what us owners want so cant really be 'working on it'. :rolleyes:

Many times have a tried to intiatiate communication or even provided suggestions on how they could keep their promise with very little effort - only to get at the start an 'working on it' and then being ignored thereafter...

One would think that they realize that with every time that they sell something and dont deliver there will be more stories and more unhappy customers out there and it just makes it harder and harder for them to sell something in the future.

Thanks Killahbee, so far the 3 existing owners are still getting 'ignored' - only statement was 'they are working on it' but they dont even know what us owners want so cant really be 'working on it'. :rolleyes:

Many times have a tried to intiatiate communication or even provided suggestions on how they could keep their promise with very little effort - only to get at the start an 'working on it' and then being ignored thereafter...

One would think that they realize that with every time that they sell something and dont deliver there will be more stories and more unhappy customers out there and it just makes it harder and harder for them to sell something in the future.

its quite simple. set em a deadline of 2 weeks and if nothing happens just sue them. easy win. selling something and not delivering it is the definition of fraud. you could even request a 50% cashback or something

Ah well, usually people die first before they get a statue.
Maybe MA is going for a real life experience?
So unless you're planning to die soon, you wont get the statue ;)

Ah well, usually people die first before they get a statue.
Maybe MA is going for a real life experience?
So unless you're planning to die soon, you wont get the statue ;)

My avatar has probably died a hundred times over since he bought the statue deed - so i guess hes qualified ;p

My avatar has probably died a hundred times over since he bought the statue deed - so i guess hes qualified ;p

yeah, but maybe you should stop reviving then if you want your statue :wise:

yeah, but maybe you should stop reviving then if you want your statue :wise:

If mindark was responsible to manage your funeral in real i bet you would raise from the dead as well each time you died :p

How come you havent threatened legal actions or atleast looked up your options with a lawyer yet? Or maybe you have? They sold you something a year ago and haven't delivered or even made an effort communicating with you.

How come you havent threatened legal actions or atleast looked up your options with a lawyer yet? Or maybe you have? They sold you something a year ago and haven't delivered or even made an effort communicating with you.

was there any specified and communicated term of delivery at the time of sale?
Were there any stated penalties for a postponed delivery?

Lol, hiring a laywer, I think that would cost more then the statue itself. :rolleyes:

Lol, hiring a laywer, I think that would cost more then the statue itself. :rolleyes:

I have no details regarding the deal. Hence my questions.

It is truly a shame that MA does these type of things and people keep asking why I don't trust them

It is easier than most people think.

https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_small_claims-42-en.do?init=true

As for the undetermined delivery time, I think there is not much doubt that this is far beyond reasonable. The court will take this into consideration and of course there remains a risk. But in the first instance and for small claims the cost and effort for trying aren't that horrible anymore. And the risk applies to both sides, many companies are inclined to settle. It's just about forcing them to answer at last.

I did not think that MA does such things. From now on I am definitely careful in what I invest ingame here...or I prefer to ask you here before. I'm sorry for the people who have not received your statue yet:tapfinger

I did not think that MA does such things. From now on I am definitely careful in what I invest ingame here...or I prefer to ask you here before. I'm sorry for the people who have not received your statue yet:tapfinger

this is what i meant about publicity, forums and social media.
i did not aim for the PCGames news article, but the common player here on PCF and related media, who now reconsiders -and maybe cancels- his futur "investment" plan.

not abiding contracts / fucking their paying customers (high rollers!) hurts MA sooner or later.

not abiding contracts / fucking their paying customers (high rollers!) hurts MA sooner or later.

It will throw a monkey wrench into their bank application, depending on whether or not someone decides to take them to the cleaners for it. Hence why I consider their proposal more than a bit risky right now, as long as they give the impression that they just want to wait until shtf. I don't get it.

has any purchaser submitted a selection yet?

I'm confused by many things, this would include how anyone would be so narcissistic that they would buy a statue in their own name in a video game, and also, why the company that offered them for sale can't immediately deliver them when they are paid for.

/boggle
:confused:

I'm confused by many things, this would include how anyone would be so narcissistic that they would buy a statue in their own name in a video game, and also, why the company that offered them for sale can't immediately deliver them when they are paid for.

/boggle
:confused:

I would've purchased one if i had money for fun stuff. I wouldent do it to feed my ego, but to pay a tribute to the Avatar and everything it accomplieshed. Depends on if you think of your avatar to be exactly "you" or if its something you created and turn in to when you play...

So i can see why one would buy one.

I also understand why many thinks is a waste of money. But we're all different.

Reactions: Mac
A week ago,
shortly after this thread became alive again i received an email in which i was informed that the statue concept had been finalized and i was supposed to sent in screenshots of my avatar.
At first i was happy that finally something seemed to move forward but then i realized that once again none of my past communication had been referenced, none of my questions (the ones from the opening post which i orginally sent to mindark in january 2017 and repateadly since then) had been answered and it still was not clear what the end product would be and which modification/trade options would remain.
So once again i reopened another support case (as they asked me to) and reminded them that my questions were still unanswered assuming that this time (since the concept was supposedly finalized) it should be fairly easy for mindark to answer my questions to finally move ahead with the customization.

Another week has passed now and just like in the previous several support cases and email - i have received no answer...

Why is it so hard to let your customer know his options beforehand ?
Why constantly change the 'communicationchannel' when you never reply on the substance ?

A week ago,
shortly after this thread became alive again i received an email in which i was informed that the statue concept had been finalized and i was supposed to sent in screenshots of my avatar.
At first i was happy that finally something seemed to move forward but then i realized that once again none of my past communication had been referenced, none of my questions (the ones from the opening post which i orginally sent to mindark in january 2017 and repateadly since then) had been answered and it still was not clear what the end product would be and which modification/trade options would remain.
So once again i reopened another support case (as they asked me to) and reminded them that my questions were still unanswered assuming that this time (since the concept was supposedly finalized) it should be fairly easy for mindark to answer my questions to finally move ahead with the customization.

Another week has passed now and just like in the previous several support cases and email - i have received no answer...

Why is it so hard to let your customer know his options beforehand ?
Why constantly change the 'communicationchannel' when you never reply on the substance ?

You have been here from 2007 and you are still asking questions. Ask for a refund and move on :) They moved on, can't you understand that?

And people wonder why I question them al the time.

I didn't really get the idea of the avatar statues so I didn't pay any attention to this at the time.
Yes, I suppose people are right about MA getting the idea from Cyrene statues.
(This is so freakin' obvious it's a safe bet you can just go look at those and you get the general idea how MA thinks about this project.)
All of which, in my book, is just business as usual.
(Read: boring and pointless, ignore and move on.)

But then something unexpected happened. One player got an idea that elevated the whole thing to a new level entirely. Instead of using the avatar 3D model, use the 3D model of a spaceship.

From a technical standpoint, I'm fairly sure using a model of the spaceship (standard model, no custom features) is way less complicated than using a 3D model of a highly customized player avatar. So, we score one win for MA right there.

From PR/advertisement standpoint, imagine a press release: Player bought in-game statue but dedicated it to the legendary crew of a spaceship instead!
Would it exceed the news threshold? You bet it would. Way more so than "there's buffs in our game!"
Speaking about wasted opportunities...

Wake up MA, it's not too late to fix that one!

I didn't really get the idea of the avatar statues so I didn't pay any attention to this at the time.
Yes, I suppose people are right about MA getting the idea from Cyrene statues.
(This is so freakin' obvious it's a safe bet you can just go look at those and you get the general idea how MA thinks about this project.)
All of which, in my book, is just business as usual.
(Read: boring and pointless, ignore and move on.)

But then something unexpected happened. One player got an idea that elevated the whole thing to a new level entirely. Instead of using the avatar 3D model, use the 3D model of a spaceship.

From a technical standpoint, I'm fairly sure using a model of the spaceship (standard model, no custom features) is way less complicated than using a 3D model of a highly customized player avatar. So, we score one win for MA right there.

From PR/advertisement standpoint, imagine a press release: Player bought in-game statue but dedicated it to the legendary crew of a spaceship instead!
Would it exceed the news threshold? You bet it would. Way more so than "there's buffs in our game!"
Speaking about wasted opportunities...

Wake up MA, it's not too late to fix that one!

3 weeks have passed since i created the support case which mindark specifically asked me to create to proceed with avatar statues and after they claimed that the the statue design concept had been finalized (one would think that you can answer questions regarding the concept if you claim to have it finalized...) -> so far not even a reply to my support case...

3 weeks have passed since i created the support case which mindark specifically asked me to create to proceed with avatar statues and after they claimed that the the statue design concept had been finalized (one would think that you can answer questions regarding the concept if you claim to have it finalized...) -> so far not even a reply to my support case...

Maybe open a support case to get them to look at your other support case?
I hate that support takes so long to get back to people....but then, the amount of times you read that someone has opened a support case for something stupid is high.

Maybe live support can ask the ticket support to move yours up in the queue?

Maybe open a support case to get them to look at your other support case?
I hate that support takes so long to get back to people....but then, the amount of times you read that someone has opened a support case for something stupid is high.

Maybe live support can ask the ticket support to move yours up in the queue?

If nothing happens this week i will.
So far it have been 3 different support cases (each of which was updated multiple times from my side trying to get some attention for the product that was sold but not delivered) referencing each other before i was asked to switch to email, which was ignored, then i asked livesupport which led to the usual 'working on it - no eta - dont need input/cant answer questions' reply they always give to win time, then got an email asking me to reopen another support case as concept had been finished - thats 1 year and 3 months and the whole communication has been onesided as no questions to the subject ever were answered and i just get routed around...sorry its getting sligthly frustrating by now :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back