Avatar Statue deed sales - mindark sales in general

bump for lame mindark!

they can add a storage terminal just by request in 4 days for free, but they can't deliver statues they sold for 2K$ like 1 1/2 years ago. (pls correct me if i'm wrong)

and worst, they don't even wonder why people now tend to rather not buy their shit anymore... (ICO my ass, you can't even do static objects in a reasonable time!)

</rant>

bump for lame mindark!

they can add a storage terminal just by request in 4 days for free, but they can't deliver statues they sold for 2K$ like 1 1/2 years ago. (pls correct me if i'm wrong)

and worst, they don't even wonder why people now tend to rather not buy their shit anymore... (ICO my ass, you can't even do static objects in a reasonable time!)

</rant>
Did someone really pay 20K ped for on of those things ?

What were the purchase prices of the statues?

if i remember correctly, only 4 statues were sold, and all around startbid of 5K ped.

still its 2K$ for some static objects, that shouldn't take more than a single day to implement

if i remember correctly, only 4 statues were sold, and all around startbid of 5K ped.

still its 2K$ for some static objects, that shouldn't take more than a single day to implement

My guess is they got less than they expected for the statues and made them a low priority because of that. However, they made the start bids what they were...

you just can't go silent like a submarine, and don't deliver what you've sold, only because you didn't get as much cash as expected.
(additionally, you just can't offer prices for events you also fail to deliver for like 1 1/2 years. i don't care who's fault this is. read the TOU ffs, this is MA's universe, and MA's PP)

i mean c'mon, they could even outsource the statue creation for 2K$, or make one of their employees spend like a week to finish it.

and to be very honest, i would guess the damage to their credibility and losses of deposits weigh far more than 2K$.

finally, please let me quote:
"As a gamer at heart, I recognize the importance of having a positive relationship with the community and will focus on improving MindArk’s communication with our dedicated and passionate playerbase"

question, when exactly do you plan to start your focus, or at least the attempt of ANY relationship with the community at all? because for many years now it feels like mindark is a black box robot for their players, their stakeholders, and sometimes also for their partners...

I am not being a butt but I am sure that I looked at the auction when it first started and I am certain that the starting bid was 500 ped because I said to myself who would pay 50 bucks for a statue on themselves

I am not being a butt but I am sure that I looked at the auction when it first started and I am certain that the starting bid was 500 ped because I said to myself who would pay 50 bucks for a statue on themselves

Just rechecked - mindarks buyout value for the statue deeds was 50kpeds - so its reasonable to expect the startbid of 5k to be a 'good deal' in any case of interpretation.

They may have gotten less then they expected but they offered statues for sale and set the buyout at 5k$ each - just because they didnt communicate and therefor sold them for less doesnt mean they can deliver less or nothing at all...

*my surprised face*

:laugh:

still its 2K$ for some static objects,

My understanding from reading these threads is that the cause of delay is exactly the disagreement about these objects to be "static" or not, in terms of post-sale customizability.

My understanding from reading these threads is that the cause of delay is exactly the disagreement about these objects to be "static" or not, in terms of post-sale customizability.

There hasnt been any answer or substantive reply to any of my questions directed to mindark since over 15months - myself and others may have given ideas on how mindark could fullfill their part with 'low effort' while allowing them the opportunity to still sell the other statues but non of that has so far been 'discussed' with mindark (discussed as in 'bilatheral') as all substantive communication has been onesided for the entire duration since the statues went on auction.

gosh... make it as simple as a shop keeper pad:

1 - Define a staue posture for standstill or 1.B - maybe duplicate movements for a dynamic Statue ("Wow, a moving Hologram!")
2 - duplicate owner avatar's body values on the Statue body (size, face, whatever)
3 - live duplicate owner avatar's clothes, armor and equipment on statue body
4 - Statue appearance remains in the state of owner's avatar at logout
5 - place a name badge and maybe a text field for free text.

if you can display the appearance of an avatar once, why cant you display it twice?
a simple body double, made with already existing coding.

Effect:
- a cool looking avatar has a cool looking staue.
- a not so cool looking avatar might SPEND PEDS to pimp up his appearance!
- he might wear the cool, not the eco stuff. money in your pockets, MA!
- The Owner gets recognized everywhere! Wow, the cool statue guy!
- You dont buy a Statue of your own anyways, if you want to remain incognito...
- under those circumstances even i would buy a statue!
- i could sell it and the same technique applies to the new owner! what a remarkable item deed!

They may have gotten less then they expected but they offered statues for sale and set the buyout at 5k$ each - just because they didnt communicate and therefor sold them for less doesnt mean they can deliver less or nothing at all...

If you pay 5 ped the deal is the same. MA said they were going to make you statue and didn't say "Unless you pay less than 5K ped, then we really don't have to be that quick about it"

I didn't see anything about that in the original sale by MA(Could have been there but I didn't see). They just said buy one and we will make it for you and you will be immortal.

Copy from my most recent support case which so far after one month doesnt even have a reply even though mindark asked me per email to make one:
--------------------------------------------------------------
History for support case 354382:

2018-03-22 01:29 You wrote:

Dear Mindark,

as advised by support team in recent mail i hereby open another support case regarding my avatar statue deed for twin peaks main.
My previous support cases dating back as far as january 2017 are as follows: 335245, 335581, 343969
After those were closed i was asked to write an email to rec (which i did) but never received an reply to it - now i have been asked to submit yet another support case and provide screenshots for the modelling of the statue - i however have still not received an answer to any of my questions from back in january 2017.
I will include those questions here again in hope that we finally can clarify my options for the statue deed before proceeding any further:
---------------------------------------
Will the final appearance be a 3D avatar statue like can be seen at celeste habour on arkadia or will the appearance stay the same as current one with 4 sides just showing a facial impression ?

Will it only be avatars that can be displayed or could there be a spaceship/mothership with respective message about its crew/service as well ?

Will the message and 3D object be adjustable at a later point in time ? eg. graphics engine change or avatar appearance change

Will it be possible to purchase additional features to the statue ? eg. 1-3 itempoints to mount a pc content sign on to it

Will the deeds remain in playerpossession after the statues have been customized and be tradeable ?

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards
John
2018-04-22 14:04 You wrote:

One month ago i created this support case on an email request from mindark after 15 month of onesided attempts by myself to get an answer regarding the questions to the claim of the statue which i purchased all this time ago.
Again i receive no answers, no reactions even though in the email it was claimed that the concept had been finalized.

The statues that were sold had a startbid of 5,000ped and buyout of 50,000ped - it is highly disappointing to see not even customer service after not only not delivering but not even communicating about this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had something kind of like this, just a little maybe but it does have something to do with MA and the way they do things.

I had hunting the big mobs and wore my armor all the time, then I started hunting med to smaller mobs and unequipped my armor. As I hunt in first person almost all of the time back then I didn't noticed that all of a sudden I was bare footed. I have a nice outfit (at least I think so:) and I paid about 1600 ped all total for all of the items. I know I would not sell my shoes so I created a support case and guess what the reply was "Oh, we discontinued that item" What really???? So I lose my stuff what is up with that?? I wrote a some what nasty letter back and told them how much I had spent and they did give the shoes back but really they just take stuff a you get an "Oh well" I also had a boat that all of a sudden went away but never did get that back and I am fairly sure I didn't sell or loan it out but it is still gone.

I think if I were you I would just ask for a refund and forget it.

Mindark, just give him his Ped back.

I'll buy it from you (MA) for the price he paid, and I get a statue at Twin Peaks.

You had your chance John. You just didn't understand what a statue is. Go to London sometime. :cool:

nelson.jpg

Mindark, just give him his Ped back.

I'll buy it from you (MA) for the price he paid, and I get a statue at Twin Peaks.

You had your chance John. You just didn't understand what a statue is. Go to London sometime. :cool:

nelson.jpg

You had your chance too mega, you just didnt understand were to find mindark auctions when they are announced or were not willing to bid on something (a promise) with no name, no description :rolleyes:

If the conecept is really finished (like they claim) it should be a matter of 1min to write down the features/options (answer my questions) before starting with a work that is as of yet only defined on a very high level.
One of the most basic questions to any item in entropia is wether it can be sold later on or not and if it can be recustomized (for an additional fee) by a potential later buyer.
Simple yes or no answers that are as of yet still unaddressed.

You had your chance too mega, you just didnt understand were to find mindark auctions when they are announced or were not willing to bid on something (a promise) with no name, no description :rolleyes:

If the conecept is really finished (like they claim) it should be a matter of 1min to write down the features/options (answer my questions) before starting with a work that is as of yet only defined on a very high level.
One of the most basic questions to any item in entropia is wether it can be sold later on or not and if it can be recustomized (for an additional fee) by a potential later buyer.

You see there is a difference between me and you, I read the description it was for a statue. Statues aren't shops they dont look like spaceships, they are exactly as advertised and they will be rooted into the ground not transferable. If I have plastic surgery a statue of me will look like the 'old' me.

This isn't a hard concept, and you are making Mindark out to be the bad guy when you are the one causing the delay here.

If you dont want it, I'll have it. :yup:

You see there is a difference between me and you, I read the description it was for a statue. Statues aren't shops they dont look like spaceships, they are exactly as advertised and they will be rooted into the ground not transferable. If I have plastic surgery a statue of me will look like the old me.

This isn't a hard concept, and you are making Mindark out to be the bad guy when you are the one causing the delay here.

If you dont want it, I'll have it. :yup:

And if i dont like a statue in the real world i can get it removed and put a different one in the same place for the right price, dont see how that is so hard to grasp for you either.
I never insisted on a spaceship, i asked a question that can be answered with yes or no and have not received an answer in over 15months to it.

And if i dont like a statue in the real world i can get it removed and put a different one in the same place for the right price, dont see how that is so hard to grasp for you either.
I never insisted on a spaceship, i asked a question that can be answered with yes or no and have not received an answer in over 15months to it.

You have asked Mindark questions that I dont need the answer to because I would never have needed to ask them.

Anyway, think over what I said a few posts above. It's a Win/Win/Win situation in my opinion.

You have asked Mindark questions that I dont need the answer to because I would never have needed to ask them.

Anyway, think over what I said a few posts above. It's a Win/Win/Win situation in my opinion.

I give you the right to have your own questions should you ever obtain something that is advertised as customizeable, but so should everyone - not sure why you think that other people can only be allowed questions that you would have yourself...

Realworldexample:
You buy an customizeable pc on ebay for startbid of 500$, but someone else buys that same offer from same seller for 5000$ at buyout - do you think both buyers have a right to ask questions on which components to integrate or do you grant that right only to the one who payed max ?

Ingame example:
What if mindark had downscaled their product when they didnt get what they were hoping for on the medusas head island sale back in 2010 ? Anyone thinks those investors who made the deal of their lives would have been happy if the product had been ignored by customer service for over a year and nothing been delivered or even discussed ?
Customer service is not a matter of price, its a matter of respect and credibility now and in future.

Last edited:
Ask for your money back. See what they say.

What comes out of the bag?

To quote mayor quimby from the simpsons: Now now people, we're all frightened and horny.

Ha ha.

No but seriously: those of you that think that the statues are a scam, think again.
There have been many suggestions on as to what they might be.
Personally I think it is clear however, that these statues, are what the original post about them, say that they are.
And that is: Immortalization avatar statues.
What comes with it you ask?
I think a lot may follow in that wake, just think about it for a moment, not fame, not fortune, not fashion. but all the above, all at once, did I hear anyone mention new ships?
It is possible.
The deeds have a repair feature
That alone suggests something that requires repairs in a repair terminal once in a while.

Lets not tear eachother assunder over this, instead let us ponder on the word immortality.

Sincerely: The Nocturnal Navigator.

To quote mayor quimby from the simpsons: Now now people, we're all frightened and horny.

Ha ha.

No but seriously: those of you that think that the statues are a scam, think again.

Yes, you seem to be way to new to this but looking back:

Auctions for twelve exclusive Avatar Statues will begin on Friday, December 16 and will run for 30 days.

Permanently immortalize your Entropia Universe avatar!

Each Avatar Statue Deed holder will have the opportunity to customize the statue with a choice of several poses in the likeness of their avatar, along with a custom message that appears when interacting with the statue.

But yes, not a scam just MA being very slow as they normally are and more since they made very little money from the sales I'm guessing that they have put this on the back burner -- which no they shouldn't have.

I think a lot may follow in that wake, just think about it for a moment, not fame, not fortune, not fashion. but all the above, all at once, did I hear anyone mention new ships?
That's true, MA has stricken a deal with Elon Musk and you will be immortalized by launching in a cryocapsule to the stars. But departure is tomorrow.

Yes, you seem to be way to new to this but looking back:

But yes, not a scam just MA being very slow as they normally are and more since they made very little money from the sales I'm guessing that they have put this on the back burner -- which no they shouldn't have.

How much money is not the question it is. They made a deal and it seems they are reluctant to keep the deal. BTW whatever they made is pure profit from where I sit. I am fairy sure a they don't hire and fire programmers them as they need them so programmers get paid if they are working or sitting around. Or fixing things they should not mess with because they were not broken and should have been left alone(I am sure we all examples a plenty of that)

Why u so evilish bitter on this topic Mega ?
MA took money for product and now after one year+ it looks like they even dont know what the product was. Statues?
What statues? In what form? Avatars siting or standing, nudes or not? In form of ships or crafting terminals or artisticall boulders?
Who cares!!!
Just deliver the stuff and stop making clowns from yourselfes dear MA!!

About further options.

Now for those of you that do not know about MindArk's own claim in the matters of real estate in general?
I can already tell you that MindArk has stated something in the lines of this related to real estate owners.
If you would like changes made to your real estate, simply fill out a support form on the matter.

It isn't what MA said word for word, however what they said exactly, can be found on entropia universes webpage or planet calypso's webpage.
I remember reading about this a while back, in the same mentioning of land areas and other real estate deeds.

You do realize what this means don't you?
It means that MindArk is open for suggestions and changes to any real estate ownership. If you want it, or have an idea? Then MA is the one to see about these matters.

Sincerely: The NN.

Back