Avatar Statue deed sales - mindark sales in general

If it was John holding them up with his communications, then why haven't the others been delivered long ago. We can argue until the cows come home, this has gone way beyond tolerable. If people don't get on their hind legs and make use of available consumer rights though, who can help them. I posted a link further up, it doesn't take a lawyer. Sometimes I wonder if anyone actually reads, or goes about investigating things on his own.

Now for those of you that do not know about MindArk's own claim in the matters of real estate in general?
I can already tell you that MindArk has stated something in the lines of this related to real estate owners.
If you would like changes made to your real estate, simply fill out a support form on the matter.

It isn't what MA said word for word, however what they said exactly, can be found on entropia universes webpage or planet calypso's webpage.
I remember reading about this a while back, in the same mentioning of land areas and other real estate deeds.

You do realize what this means don't you?
It means that MindArk is open for suggestions and changes to any real estate ownership. If you want it, or have an idea? Then MA is the one to see about these matters.

Sincerely: The NN.

Ah the young and innocents. Isn't that about what they said about the statues ? The statues worked well, right?

Or maybe you were not being serious and being sarcastic and I missed it because I am old and slow:)

You do realize what this means don't you?
It means that MindArk is open for suggestions and changes to any real estate ownership. If you want it, or have an idea? Then MA is the one to see about these matters.

i'm not sure mindark is open for any suggestions or changes at all, unless you throw alot of money at them... and even then, it may not always look good, or develope how you expected it, especially in a reasonable timeframe :laugh:

if they really were open for suggestions, they would probably ask for them, or at least pretend that they care. truth is they don't even care about state of the universe this year, or clarifications about issues that are open for several years.

if that sounds a bit too negative, i'm sorry for the inconvenience. back to pewpewpew and dontgiveashit :dunce:

Is it possible the statue issue is directly related to the land deed issue on Arkadia where MA hasn't delivered them to Ark yet.

I wonder if MA lost a coder or someone that was responsible for these projects.

There is only 3 owners of statue deeds, nocturnal navigator (The NN 1977) is one of them (he owns 2) and from what i spoke with him he seems to have had even less success then i did on getting an answer from mindark.

There is only 3 owners of statue deeds, nocturnal navigator (The NN 1977) is one of them (he owns 2) and from what i spoke with him he seems to have had even less success then i did on getting an answer from mindark.

you could at least tell them that you got enough of this shit and are going to get a lawyer now. its the easiest case in the world. free win.

Have you really spoken to him in-game?

If you have you will know why he hasn't had his statues either.

Prediction: They'll get it all implemented before next 'end of the year sale' so that they can get more whales?

Is it possible the statue issue is directly related to the land deed issue on Arkadia where MA hasn't delivered them to Ark yet.

I wonder if MA lost a coder or someone that was responsible for these projects.

I am not sure they ever had what I would call a "Coder" More like a "Lets try this, what ya think ?" lol

They used to have good programmers who worked previously on successful games like Quake.
Question is what they are allowed to do and what they are asked to do at MA.

judging by MAs speed of progress, bug-testing before releases and amount of time between major bugs and fixes to them id say MA has a maximum of 1 half-time coder, maybe an IT student worker who does 16 hours a week

judging by MAs speed of progress, bug-testing before releases and amount of time between major bugs and fixes to them id say MA has a maximum of 1 half-time coder, maybe an IT student worker who does 16 hours a week

Maybe so, but even 1 half-time coder could put up a statue ingame. Sheit.., you dont even need a coder to place a statue, the hard part is "i guess" the 3d modeling of them. Maybe they lost there 3d program licenses ;)

They should never sold any statues without a real prototype, they just sold a vague idea.

And now they are to busy trying to play bank, (which they already faild once).

For mega...

Exactly what do you mean with the statement for john, that we haven't gotten our statues?

They used to have good programmers who worked previously on successful games like Quake.

Not being rude to you but I disagree. I am not sure they ever did have competent coders. Case in point, I used to love doing the cave mission, especially when it gave 5 daily tokens, and after a release and it was NOT a VU just an update to fix minor problem nothing to with the cave, the cave stopped working for almost a year or more around 2010 as I recall.

The coders you are speaking of were gone by 2010 probably because of lack of a QA dept.

if i had bought a statue and wanted a design not in the panel of choices MA is offering, i would send them an fbx of the textured model i want and blame them if they are slow importing it. won't blame them because i have not answered them.

the cave stopped working for almost a year or more around 2010 as I recall.

The coders you are speaking of were gone by 2010 probably because of lack of a QA dept.

The cave didn't even exist in 2010, it was added in VU12.3 (Nov 2011). And many people were indeed gone with the dissolution of the First Planet Company in early 2011.

The cave didn't even exist in 2010, it was added in VU12.3 (Nov 2011). And many people were indeed gone with the dissolution of the First Planet Company in early 2011.

OK I was off a year it changes nothing they gone by 2011 what's the diff ?

Not being rude to you but I disagree. I am not sure they ever did have competent coders.

You are rude lol.
You are missing at least firs ten years of project entropia.
If you are not sure then ask.

You are rude lol.
You are missing at least firs ten years of project entropia.
If you are not sure then ask.

Not to be rude:eyecrazy: but look up a two posts and you will see that I said the were gone in 2010 and Svarog corrected me so it was 2011. BTW I started in late 2007 so more like 4 years not 10 years that I missed. But who cares is not good now that's all I know.

Not to be rude:eyecrazy: but look up a two posts and you will see that I said the were gone in 2010 and Svarog corrected me so it was 2011. BTW I started in late 2007 so more like 4 years not 10 years that I missed. But who cares is not good now that's all I know.

You are stil rude.
I didn't mention any time period in my first post.

But you stated that you are not sure they ever had competent coders.
And PE existed little more than you think and before you come to play.
If MA lost any coder in 2011 then will be more than 10 years that PE existed until then..
Maybe you mix level designers with programmers.

Not being rude to you but I disagree. I am not sure they ever did have competent coders.

You are stil rude.
I didn't mention any time period in my first post.

But you stated that you are not sure they ever had competent coders.
And PE existed little more than you think and before you come to play.
If MA lost any coder in 2011 then will be more than 10 years that PE existed until then..
Maybe you mix level designers with programmers.

Jeeze can't you read I didn't say you said anything about time, I was quoting Svarog. I started in 2007(about 1 year after you) and if I am correct it was started in 2003 (2010 would have been 7 years before not more than 10 and 4 years before I started). Moreover I said I never had a problem until the CRY engine in 2010. I agree I went a bit too far with the not having any good coders ever but it remain the same I would say those people are gone now. I am done with you have the last word I will not respond, BTW you can give me a neg-rep like the rest do when they have nothing else to say except slander.

Jeeze can't you read I didn't say you said anything about time, I was quoting Svarog. I started in 2007(about 1 year after you) and if I am correct it was started in 2003 (2010 would have been 7 years before not more than 10 and 4 years before I started). Moreover I said I never had a problem until the CRY engine in 2010. I agree I went a bit too far with the not having any good coders ever but it remain the same I would say those people are gone now. I am done with you have the last word I will not respond, BTW you can give me a neg-rep like the rest do when they have nothing else to say except slander.

You forgot to start your post with "not being rude...".
I started in open beta in 2001.
My post was not slander and you should not respond on it with mode you did.

//They used to have good programmers who worked previously on successful games like Quake.
Question is what they are allowed to do and what they are asked to do at MA. //

If is so bad for you then what are you doing in EU, find what you think is better for you.
No neg rep, if professional people cant help you with your problems then an neg rep cant neither.

You forgot to start your post with "not being rude...".
I started in open beta in 2001.
My post was not slander and you should not respond on it with mode you did.

//They used to have good programmers who worked previously on successful games like Quake.

If is so bad for you then what are you doing in EU, find what you think is better for you.
No neg rep, if professional people cant help you with your problems then an neg rep cant neither.

Ok you are right about the response and the programmers, I think they were good when starting but as I said those days are gone since 2010 as far as I am concerned. Sorry I said I would give you the last word so please post something else :).

Ok you are right about the response and the programmers, I think they were good when starting but as I said those days are gone since 2010 as far as I am concerned. Sorry I said I would give you the last word so please post something else :).

As you wish - here is something else:

Seeing that you didn't read in my same post, second sentence.

You cant judge competence of an programer as he is not free to code as he want.
He is employed by MA or under contract and can do only what MA order and allow him to do.
*except if you are programer too and have possibility to see source code of MA programmers to judge their programing style....

Last edited:

The money this game takes in cannot fund intelligent programmers to continue growth without funding some good side projects (which is what they do and probably why they do) and continue generating funds, leveraging low-paid offshore resources (which they used to do for support), or not producing much platform upgrades/big content upgrades (which they don't) that are costly without it being funded by players or planet partners or sudden windfalls like end of year sales (which they are).

He is employed by MA or under contract and can do only what MA order and allow him to do.
*except if you are programer too and have possibility to see source code of MA programmers to judge their programing style....

Actually you can. While there is a specific task to be done which is forwarded from MA, the execution of this task by itself shows the quality of the programmer. Also, a programmer which is specialized on a specific field usually has a small amount of free reign to push specific projects in their field forward to further the quality of the product and therefore keep their own job in existence.
We can see that MA's programmers aren't very good, implementation of new systems show mistakes in general, which is a normal thing to see usually, in the case with Entropia those things are bluntly visible, meaning there either was no form of testing period - which means the working speed isn't up to par - or a lack of bugfixing - which can be a fault of MA, but usually is something which is put forward by the programmer as well since many don't take longer then a day.

The money this game takes in cannot fund intelligent programmers to continue growth without funding some good side projects (which is what they do and probably why they do) and continue generating funds, leveraging low-paid offshore resources (which they used to do for support), or not producing much platform upgrades/big content upgrades (which they don't) that are costly without it being funded by players or planet partners or sudden windfalls like end of year sales (which they are).

Well, the first part isn't true, side-projects don't account for revenue in the way as an existing project does. Making any sort of new project is a high-risk investment, and since the base - the game - isn't working as intended yet those resources aren't allocated properly therefore.
Right about the low-quality support, which is another reason why the game is lacking in generating the revenue they want.
In general, a single programmer can easily handle the task of refurbishing existing systems over the course of a year in a meaningful manner, and seeing the quality of updates which they actually release tends to show that they don't even take their time for basic bugfixes.

MA is simply cutting corners, and cutting corners leads to disappointed customers, which again leads to less income, meaning less revenue and therefore less resources to allocate, a simple death-spiral. Easy to get into, hard to get out of.

As you wish - here is something else:

Seeing that you didn't read in my same post, second sentence.

Well I can see that you have never worked for a company with a bunch of programmers. I have and did for 10 years and I am not sure where you are getting your info but it is all wrong. I won't go on and on but just one question do you think MA ordered a programmer to break the cave mission and the hit boxes (both things were at different times) ? There was never anything wrong with the cave but after a release it would not work and didn't for several months. As for the hit boxes they were a bit large but still functioned ok as far as I was concerned but after the fix you could not hit some mobs at all and the bercycle never had been the same to this day.

Actually you can. While there is a specific task to be done which is forwarded from MA, the execution of this task by itself shows the quality of the programmer. Also, a programmer which is specialized on a specific field usually has a small amount of free reign to push specific projects in their field forward to further the quality of the product and therefore keep their own job in existence.
We can see that MA's programmers aren't very good, implementation of new systems show mistakes in general, which is a normal thing to see usually, in the case with Entropia those things are bluntly visible, meaning there either was no form of testing period - which means the working speed isn't up to par - or a lack of bugfixing - which can be a fault of MA, but usually is something which is put forward by the programmer as well since many don't take longer then a day.

Well, the first part isn't true, side-projects don't account for revenue in the way as an existing project does. Making any sort of new project is a high-risk investment, and since the base - the game - isn't working as intended yet those resources aren't allocated properly therefore.
Right about the low-quality support, which is another reason why the game is lacking in generating the revenue they want.
In general, a single programmer can easily handle the task of refurbishing existing systems over the course of a year in a meaningful manner, and seeing the quality of updates which they actually release tends to show that they don't even take their time for basic bugfixes.

MA is simply cutting corners, and cutting corners leads to disappointed customers, which again leads to less income, meaning less revenue and therefore less resources to allocate, a simple death-spiral. Easy to get into, hard to get out of.

I disagree with this statement

"In general, a single programmer can easily handle the task of refurbishing existing systems over the course of a year in a meaningful manner,"

The last placed I worked was a company that started a company from scratch like MA has with PE. The program was Medical Management software for doctors, HMO etc. In the 10 years I was there the company went from 4 programmers to about 20 and hundreds of thousands of lines of code. I would think that MA also has hundreds of thousands of lines of code. I do not believe that one programmer could even begin to do what you are saying about refurbishing that system in 10 years let alone one. Just the new releases and new implementation of things like the CRY engines and its updates would leave one person far in the dust.

You could drop an email to Per Bolund, he is the Swedish minister for consumer affairs.

http://www.government.se/contact-information/#2169

Smiles.

Rick

Not the minister. There is a proper path one can find in a minute with a few search terms also in English:

https://www.konsumentverket.se/languages/english-engelska/

And this was already hinted above:

https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_small_claims-42-en.do?init=true

What to do, you can lead a horse to the water but not make him drink. Getting really tired.

Back