Compet "Deed" Revenue starts 25th Feb 2018

You know MA could've paid us "our" expectations. There's so many choices to calculate revenue in compet.
All people did was slag it off and say it's going to be pec, pec pec pec......so they paid us PEC.

And that ladies and gents is how its rolls.

No one f**ing sold it up. So we get what we asked for....get it how it works.

I'm going back in game. Park the deeds and forget it.

Rick

Yeah right... it's all on the community. We're the ones at fault for the poor payout. :handjob:

Some Dude At Mindark said:
Clearly, the level of revenue is significantly lower than hoped for when initiating the ComPet project.

Understatement of the year! :laugh:

Hahaha.. Fucks up on development and takes money from Compet Deed Fund

Im done. This whole company just needs to go bankrupt. RIP for the people who have Thousands of Dollars in items. I would hate to be owning any large valued item

:yup: Yes I saw the writings on the wall over a year ago and did a lot of thinking about exactly how much money in overhead I want on my avatar at any one time that I'm willing to lose should/when the company goes tits up. Those with $50,000+ in skills and gear will never be able to pull a fraction of that out beforehand.

And you know how it will play out - we won't get any notice. Just one day you'll wake up and the servers will be down and a notice will be added to the homepage thanking people for X number of years but they are shutting down. Avatars filing a support case may be lucky enough to get the ped value on their accounts and TT value of items sent to their banks.

However, who's to say when this will happen. As long as there are chronic gamblers in this game paying MA's salaries trying to "chase the dream of a big hit" we're doing "fine".

This revenue sharing distribution reflects all ComPet revenues accumulated before February 25, 2018....
Well that answer that then.... sad payouts are official lol shhhh.... can you hear it? The markup freefall on compets? (buying compets 1 ped each)

Longer than expected software development time resulted in the postponement of the majority of planned marketing efforts, which in turn adversely affected player recruitment and revenue.
SERIOUSLY??? Ok so MA drops the ball and doesn't put enough of the $2mil into the development to get the shit done on time which totally blows the launch but it's the investors that get fucked over??? ...real nice guys. Oh well at least YOU cleared $2million in profit... Geez if you're gonna screw someone that hard a little lube is nice. :makelove:

the plan is to relaunch ComPet alongside coordinated marketing push.

What you should do if you were smart is scrap Compet and just relaunch a much revised version under a new name to shake off the bad mojo of this one. Maybe "Compet Evolved" and rename / tie the existing compet deeds in EU to that new launch. Cause seriously.... apps get one shot when they launch if the fail that's it they are fucking done. Apps that have been out for 2 years that have shitty reviews and no players don't magically become the next fucking angry birds - I don't care who's doing your marketing.

175 ped divided by 500 = 0.35 ped per deed first payment. So he was miles off.

edit: whatever, I'm holding mine. If people want to dump and panic go for it.
MA make it work they always do, that's how they roll.

Good luck folks.

Rick

7a5.jpg

I wonder how much of the 35 pec per deed revenue came directly from Rick spending money on the game?

He seems angry.

Want a bigger payout? Play the game, tell people about the game. :whisper:

I've heard of Compet Deed owners who haven't even installed it. :scratch2:

Entropia is barely advertised, and Compet even less so.

As a 'lunchbreak diversion mobile game whilst at work or on the train' it works well. Which was its target market.

Unfortunately it is just one game amongst 1000's found on Google Play / Steam so for now, it remains a niche game.

:bull:

Is there any regulation in sweden or internationally regarding financial reporting of crowdsourced projects?

I mean this has been going on for what? 2 years or more?

At what point was it clear enough to the board that people buying these deeds on webshop won't be seeing their money ever again?

What was the date prices went to 120 in the shop? What were the accumulated revenues by then? What was reported by then?

well - i took a look again after some time - its a hard game to get interested in. there are some promises that need to be dealt with because the pets in game EU are supposed to be tradeable into compets - I don't see that ever happening. regardless I bought 3 compet deeds last night @100 ea thinking wow thats cheaper than the 120 they were selling in the webstore for. hah joke is on me. now 70 peds is going rate and offers to buy at 25.

i did get a rare strongbox for logging in so people should fire up their accounts and check for loot. its kind of interesting but it really needs something that garners mine and others attention. Like the pokemonGO mechanic. and the slowing you down thing is such a fun killer. Even the oldest consumer is going to have ADHD fits playing this. paying real money for things like name changes - is not going to be profitable.

At least make it available on the apple app store (is it on the google store). I'm sure glad I was blocked from buying a ton of them a few years ago. MA needs to get some empathy going because hurting people is not a good business strategy.

Here is some ideas - theres a boom on for cryptogames - figure out the game mechanic that will work as a cryptoGAME - a crypto coin ICO without consideration for GAMING should not be considered by a GAMING company.

Yeah right... it's all on the community. We're the ones at fault for the poor payout. :handjob:

Well F*** you too Jambon.

There're players in EU that reset expectations of what we the player base will accept as return or items in loot. So MA expand the goals post year by year, pushing those boundaries of acceptability. Then we all pay what the nut cases are prepared to pay.

We allowed MA to take the piss for this payout, and they went for it laughing at us. We allowed it to happen so yeah that makes us all wankers and fools. It better be 5 ped or 10 ped, shouldv'e been the F***ing message= from all of us. It was easy done with gold coin burn.

I love the comment from Oracle..."its got to be error"..... in other words. Rethink that MA.

MA want to use Comet as some PR tool into EU, refuse to add content "THEY KNOW" it needs. Because they don't want too, its almost as if they want it to fail. I'll never buy another deed again in this game without a FULL SCOPE and prospectus of what we are getting and what generates revenue.

There're are limits to what we're prepared to take, and MA yet again decided to test those boundaries, and got it TOTALLY wrong.

Don't wave the wanker sign at me. I anit F**ing happy either.

Rick

When AUD came out, they didn't pay out for days. They paid like 1 pec every few days...remember.
That was before the events in there, and MA adding regular mining ATH to boost the income.

Rick? I mean Rick? I know you really wanted Compets to take off but really? You don't see your error here at all between AUD first payout and Compets first payout?:scratch2:

are the compet deeds under the same type of audit process as the auds, and clds?

Where they before the prices were raised in the webshop?

Hmm...

Last edited:

There're players in EU that reset expectations of what we the player base will accept as return or items in loot. So MA expand the goals post year by year, pushing those boundaries of acceptability. Then we all pay what the nut cases are prepared to pay.

We allowed MA to take the piss for this payout, and they went for it laughing at us. We allowed it to happen so yeah that makes us all wankers and fools. It better be 5 ped or 10 ped, shouldv'e been the F***ing message= from all of us. It was easy done with gold coin burn.

I love the comment from Oracle..."its got to be error"..... in other words. Rethink that MA.

MA want to use Comet as some PR tool into EU, refuse to add content "THEY KNOW" it needs. Because they don't want too, its almost as if they want it to fail. I'll never buy another deed again in this game without a FULL SCOPE and prospectus of what we are getting and what generates revenue.

There're are limits to what we're prepared to take, and MA yet again decided to test those boundaries, and got it TOTALLY wrong.

Rick

If people actually cared about this and didn't just get all googly eyed and/or drooling over possible profit to be made, the new moon deeds wouldn't be getting lapped up the way it is.

I'm not complaining, I'm glad people are willing to invest in a game I enjoy playing. But people do tend to have a rosy outlook on risk.

I'm of the mind, deeds are for play money, but if you actually want to invest, buy yourself an index fund.

Rick

Ok I get you're pissed at this whole compet payout thing but common don't take your anger out on me or the community. My point was the blame is solely on the shoulders of Mindark dude. They dropped the ball with poor planing, budget management and development needed to make this game at least moderately successful. Company thinks they can just walk into the top position of THE MOST competitive gaming platform of all time half-cocked with a slap happy development plan and sub-par game....what did we all really expect? I think we were all just taken in by their chart showing the top possible earnings if they become the next angry birds/clash of clans.

In any case, it's insane to think that if we all just held hands and put out the positive vibes of and said we're expecting 100 ped payouts (or whatever) Mindark would have made it happen just because "we said". When has that ever worked before?

Are you honestly suggesting that MA is sitting on a heaping pile of profits from Compet earnings they are secretly not sharing with us because we all weren't "expecting" a big payout and they think they can get away with paying less? Perhaps that isn't a thread you want to pull on lest concerns about CLD payouts and other aspects of the EU economy come into play.

Anyways, it's a tough pill to swallow but swallow it we shall. Some will quit over it. Some will never invest with MA again. Some will take it in stride and move on more cautious. And many will rant and rave for a while before inevitably picking one of those paths. Because really, what else can you do?

Sorry for your loss - best of luck in the future.

I fully expected this , i sold my 800 deeds long ago for i believe 95 ped/deed tanking that 5 ped loss with a smile because i knew i fucked up investing in that pice of software. The only thing i ever regreted about compet was that i sold them before mindark raised the price on the webshop, fully aware that they got a squib load in the pipe, allowing some investors to pull out of the market even with small profit.

I dont know how much money beside the cash they collected for those deeds was sunk into compet so i have no idea how big the hit is mindark has to tank here financially. All i know is that they plan to pull a stunt like this again on the backs of us with another hype topic aka deep token. If they say this will inject lots of cash into their company that allow them to push entropia forward i seriously ask myself who else but US the players will put in significant ammounts of money into this idea ? They wanna do it again the conpet CEO left the building and the Deep Token CEO took over gg wp.

Also before greed eat your brains too, will the ark space station bring a significant new number of people who spend cash on ark in or not ? Deed price is raising over webshop like they did with compet , oh wait thats just a coincidence. And this beautiful condition that you can't trade the deeds before all got sold, the horror if the free market catch up on a more realistic price.

I see all the avenues towards getting diversified sources of income on multiple projects as an indicator that this board dosnt believe into a self sufficient entropia universe in the long run and instead of investing heavy into their only workling product they threw money around hoping to catch something else.

I dont want to talk entropia dead but i see only one bad decesion after another. Mindark has to remember their cores and they should focus on improving the game we love and find ways to make it playable for a bigger audience. I beat some 12 year old asia cash shop free to play grinder have a bigger turnover than entropia.

Well tbh, I have nothing realy to add to this MuppetShow.
I just hope that no one ever forgets this BullShit from those :monkey:'s all those years.
I have said several times to them in support cases in the past that I will never recommend this game to anyone.
Just look back how they treat their customers over and over again.
And for those that still have faith in them, oh man, good luck.

Back into my Green Corner :nutkick:
And eat some :popcorn:

i just wanted to point out that i said all of this is going to happen and that was long before they even started the beta test. it was so obvious that im surprised how people can be mad at MA now. if you invest in something that is an obvious failure then dont expect to make money from it.
Ill say it now before anyone gets mad again but moon deeds will be similar to this fiasko and every UG and moon deed holder who buys now will be angry they lost money.

buying deeds when you see all the stuf half finish they sold to poeple is not a good thing

i sold out alot of my stuff when they said about the tp fee and employ million of poeple only lelft is my 220k skills

i have nothing about use car salemen but its sound like oh yea its great only driven by a old lady

that some poeple still beleive in the tooth fairy

i just wanted to point out that i said all of this is going to happen and that was long before they even started the beta test. it was so obvious that im surprised how people can be mad at MA now. if you invest in something that is an obvious failure then dont expect to make money from it.
Ill say it now before anyone gets mad again but moon deeds will be similar to this fiasko and every UG and moon deed holder who buys now will be angry they lost money.

You are partly right here. First when the Compet deeds sold and MA stated it was going to be a linked game, yes i had hope -- yet didn't buy into it until learning more. And yes when I did learn more --before-- the beta was released that MA wasn't going to link the games I knew it was going to crash hard feeling a bit sorry for the stable owners.

BUT the moon deeds are part of EU and already the Arkadia team is giving day to day updates on the new land area. The key here is land area which we are buying into and not a new application on the side. Will the moon deeds do well? Unknown, but you simply can not compare the two.

Well that compet will fail, no surprise :)
Actually I lose nothing because I haven´t bought this deeds.
It was a nobrainer from start to create a PET game for mobile when there is a pokemon go hype.
You cant jump onto a starting rocket and hope it wont hurt you.
If it would be really linked to EU, it might be a completely different story, but it isn´t.

About the crypto thing, well I don´t trust into it.

About the moon deeds, that is just another fairly expencive LA :)
Against many others I believe in that project and bet it wont hurt AUDs to much.
Looking at the numbers of deeds already sold, I am not alone :)

Would be nice to hear from the developers. Why is it we never hear from these people? A lot of successful games have active devs on forums and reddit pages. Just seems to me the Devs don't give a flying fuck and its just a job. Clock-in and clock-out, go home and repeat. Time to cash out. Game is dead. Other will say, nah. Its fine. No. Its over, was a good run but I can't see this game running for many more years.

How long Entropia Universe is going to last

Would be nice to hear from the developers. Why is it we never hear from these people? A lot of successful games have active devs on forums and reddit pages. Just seems to me the Devs don't give a flying fuck ...

LOL, just thought the same standing in my kitchen. I don't get MA, what the hek are they thinking? They obviously do not care AT ALL for ANYTHING. Its so obvious. Just wanted to check on the auction via the VirtualTycoon. Even that is not working. lol. Their information politics, the bugs, the broken promises, the non-transparency, the lack of being in touch with their actual backbone, the community. Actually everything that they are reliable on is a mess. I do not get it. Its baffling. It could be the worst "company" I've ever experienced. And yet they are still in business ... wow.

Why are they still in existence? Whys there no competition taking over?

Would be nice to hear from the developers. Why is it we never hear from these people? A lot of successful games have active devs on forums and reddit pages. Just seems to me the Devs don't give a flying fuck and its just a job. Clock-in and clock-out, go home and repeat. Time to cash out. Game is dead. Other will say, nah. Its fine. No. Its over, was a good run but I can't see this game running for many more years.

How long Entropia Universe is going to last

ezgif_1_2a428797a6.gif

I want to see some accounting info for compet. How much of the $2mil was spent, and on what?

Why are they still in existence? Whys there no competition taking over?

Its called the addiction to gambling, and the little thing called hope :p :laugh:

don't worry about anymore payments, they just shut off the forest until you win 5 arena battles, you can never find a fight, so forest (the main working feature) is gone for new players and people like me

don't worry about anymore payments, they just shut off the forest until you win 5 arena battles, you can never find a fight, so forest (the main working feature) is gone for new players and people like me

ugh, forgot about how annoying the reinstall entire game after every update is... why compet doesn't just use the entropia universe installer thingy is beyond me... just add compets to the list of planets to download or whatever... heck, just make the entire game an overlay over eu proper, similar to what the strongboxes do.

The one decent thing Mindark could do now to reassure hope and trust is to make it possible for the Entropia players to trade in the ComPet deeds for something useful in Entropia universe - Like 100ped universal ammo for each deed or something like that.
It wouldnt probably cost them anything since the ammo (after x cycles) would be back in their pockets again.

Come on Mindark, how about it ? - Give us some feedback. you did respond to the community in the beginning when ComPet was introduced, you explained things about the game, and its ROI and etc, how about now ? after we have given you tons of money aswell, you cant just stay silent now...

Games today only keeps being popular if they have a community that plays it, with a population of hardcore fans supporting it :dunce:

The one decent thing Mindark could do now to reassure hope and trust is to make it possible for the Entropia players to trade in the ComPet deeds for something useful in Entropia universe - Like 100ped universal ammo for each deed or something like that.
It wouldnt probably cost them anything since the ammo (after x cycles) would be back in their pockets again.

Come on Mindark, how about it ? - Give us some feedback. you did respond to the community in the beginning when ComPet was introduced, you explained things about the game, and its ROI and etc, how about now ? after we have given you tons of money aswell, you cant just stay silent now...

Games today only keeps being popular if they have a community that plays it, with a population of hardcore fans supporting it :dunce:

This would have been a measure if it had been announced and implemented by the time investors got their first "payout".

I assume that by now a lot of deeds have changed hands and you'd run risk of pissing off investors even more since they've sold at a big loss already.

Besides that this compensation would probably be deducted from CLD payouts. So another shitstorm in the making.

Apart from that when did MA ever come up with a systematic compensation scheme to make up for their failures and broken promises?

If there's no appetite to challenge MA via courts then the only means is community pressure to accurately report on the remaining budget/deed sale proceeds and to release these funds to deed holders (and then subsequently end the slowmotion car crash that is Compet).

Back