Why MA not consider implementing to set the game on Tablet?

peterliow

Provider
HALO GreatPeter CLYPSY
Dear MA, I'm quite addicted to the game play of Entropia. Most of the time in the day, most of us will be working hard to earn money to support our real life event. Only time we can enjoy the grinding session is only when off work, children and wife sleeps than we can switch on our PC or Laptop.

Would you guys consider implementing the option to allow the game to be played on mobile. I believe if this game is to be able to access on Tablet, the business will be more profitable comparing to being desk bound. It will also increase the players number and material makeup for all occupation in the game. Grinding activity will increase, deposit will definitely increase. EU will last longer. That is my 2 cents view.

Time that are spare during the day will be lunch time, travel time and before bedtime. Not considering those that are fortunate enough to stay at home whole day and night.

I don't mind buying more deeds or crowdfund to support the operation to create this platform. I believe alot of past and new player will welcome this idea.

What do you think, MA?

even if this was ready to be implemented today:
1. releasing it on appstore would be impossible
2. phone security is too weak, specially since you can launch an intent to run the 2 step authentication on the same device and get the codes in one swoop
3. MA would put adds in it to make money
4. we're not even using the directx version for this decade, no joke, nough said
5. "wrong" engine
6. would require shit ton of memory
7. you guys have been disconnecting like crazy for months, I don't know if this is fixed since I never got it but you think it's bad now? I bet you'd lose connection everytime you switch tower, 2km range for a 4g tower.
8. phones can more easily be stolen or accessed without permission.. like kids
9. eu's UI isn't even good on desktop, how would you chat, play and manage windows such as inventory at the same time? Even as a VR solution with a controller I'd have a hard time coming up with a functional UX

even if this was ready to be implemented today:
1. releasing it on appstore would be impossible
2. phone security is too weak, specially since you can launch an intent to run the 2 step authentication on the same device and get the codes in one swoop
3. MA would put adds in it to make money
4. we're not even using the directx version for this decade, no joke, nough said
5. "wrong" engine
6. would require shit ton of memory
7. you guys have been disconnecting like crazy for months, I don't know if this is fixed since I never got it but you think it's bad now? I bet you'd lose connection everytime you switch tower, 2km range for a 4g tower.
8. phones can more easily be stolen or accessed without permission.. like kids
9. eu's UI isn't even good on desktop, how would you chat, play and manage windows such as inventory at the same time? Even as a VR solution with a controller I'd have a hard time coming up with a functional UX

Pretty much my thought... EU has enough problems just being run on state of the art computers nevermind mobile devices.

And that being said they DID launch the ability to play as a mobile app called virtual tycoon - provided you only want to browse auction and craft and don't mind frequent disconnects lol.

MA is great at starting good ideas but sadly follow-through isn't their strong suit. When the results of their idea isn't a smash out grand slam right away they lose interest pretty quick and move on to the next big idea.

Things they gave up on:

• Space exploration / mining / hunting / additional ships
  • Land plots / building / harvesting / fulfilling promises for CLDs
  • Taming system / buff system / use for stables
  • Virtual tycoon app
  • Additional missions / mission chains / full iron challenges for all mobs
  • Compet app
  • Battle simulator
  • Crypto Coin *to be started late 2018 and promptly scrapped in 2019 when they realize ICO's were 2016's thing and government regulation has become a lot more strict*

Cash cows they continue to focus on and milk daily:
  • Loot boxes / keys
  • Hunting events (migration, merry mayhem, halloween mayhem)
  • Increasing their rake via mob evades/dodges to nearly 18% - 20%
  • Allowing EPs to still be crafted with stuff from the TT

Anyways, I digress - good idea. Will never happen.

Last edited:
Pretty much my thought... EU has enough problems just being run on state of the art computers nevermind mobile devices.

It really doesn't you know.

You do need a Windows 7 64 bit (or better) PC with 8 gig of RAM.

If you use a laptop you need a cooling pad underneath (very cheap, just get one.)

That isn't state of the art, its entry level in 2018 (and was even in 2013)

It really doesn't you know.

You do need a Windows 7 64 bit (or better) PC with 8 gig of RAM.

If you use a laptop you need a cooling pad underneath (very cheap, just get one.)

That isn't state of the art, its entry level in 2018 (and was even in 2013)

Ok well my point was more to it that the game has struggled with performance issues and lag off and on for many years now. The game is not optimized that well - for one because the game engine they are using is outdated and not optimized very well and would not port to mobile very well.

Ok well my point was more to it that the game has struggled with performance issues and lag off and on for many years now. The game is not optimized that well - for one because the game engine they are using is outdated and not optimized very well and would not port to mobile very well.

I've run Entropia on Very High since 2010.

Then again I dont use a laptop and have built my own PC's every few years since 2003.

My current PC can run Entropia on Very High with the graphics card removed (it has one on the motherboard) so I dont buy the argument you need a state of the art PC to run Entropia,
but if you need advice / info, there are people on this forum who will likely advise or give an opinion.

Lag is a different issue and can be the cause of many issues, some of which are nothing to do with Mindark.

Why is a grafic card bigger as a smarthphon?

Exactly, there is a much faster and bigger GPU inside, and some very fast video ram, and it needs power to calculate the things.

Does a handy have space for a such big GPU and 4-8 GB video ram plus a cooler, and does a handy have about 200 Wat power?

In other words, you cant use a Fiat car as a formula one :)

I read from previous thread that there is a remote access software we can use to control the desktop at home. Anyone have good experience in which software to use?

A lot of lag issues are caused client side, due to weak GFX cards (not enough shader cache, or simply to slow) or not enough basic memory. Even a slow harddisk can cause lags for some users.

Compets is on tablet already... ;)

(start collecting critters over there to import over in to EU proper)

---------
I read from previous thread that there is a remote access software we can use to control the desktop at home. Anyone have good experience in which software to use?
Several options are out there in this arena... but based on experience I'd say the cheapest/easiest solution there is good ol teamviewer

Buy a Windows Tablet and run it in lowest possible graphics configuration, should be ok for 25 fps.

Tablet does not mean iOS or Android :D

Buy a Windows Tablet and run it in lowest possible graphics configuration, should be ok for 25 fps.

Tablet does not mean iOS or Android :D

agree :wise:

This has been brought up a number of times but people don't get it, don't search previous threads on the topic, or both.

Minimum specifications exist for a reason, some software is made for high-performance hardware. Games requiring realtime animation of complex scenes in 3D are very much the prime example. A classic Doom from 20 years ago has been adapted for modern Smartphones and it runs, but look what it was at the time of its inception, namely state of the art and you needed the machine to run it. Maybe in another 20 years from now we'll have quantum computers the size of your palm and everything of today is a yawn, who knows.

As for the other idea of remote controlling a desktop, watch some Twitch and observe the delay between entering a chat message and receiving a response in the streamer's video, and learn why that is. Could you go hunting this way?

All that being said, Virtual Tycoon has the potential to cover more in-game interactions which enable participation when you can't run the full game. Loading the auction list still doesn't work properly, the missing of a TT prohibits a now significant part of crafting, and adding text chat would be nice.

Does anyone really want to play this game on a 4 inch screen ??? Or even a 7 inch, really ??? I have a 24 inch monitor and a 55 inch HD TV that I play on once in a while from my laptop. I have to have the laptop plugged in because it runs my battery down in about 20 minutes and it is a gaming laptop. I would rather kiss a pig :).

I use splashtop - best option at the moment imo

Been playing on my ipad Air 2 for ~2 years now. (played on mini before that)

Back