YUP I Proves it Skills Matter!!

We've come to the root of your problem. Kerbs are gambling mobs. There are probably more than a 100 different people hunting them every day at minimum so your chances of actually breaking even is drastically reduced unless you get incredibly lucky and pull one of the 5k hofs.

I consider them to be the EP of hunting.

i'll accept that but kerbs were just what i have been hunting for a while. but i have had this issue for years no matter what i hunt - agreed kerbs are the main ped suck over last year or two.

thanks for the info - i never considered them gambling but guess i was wrong.

so what would you suggest is a good mob with less than 1Kped bank roll and pretty limited gear considering i had to sell of most of it to fund my formerly unknown gambling habit:)

Last edited:
you are a moron - go read my post its not the $5 - i spend more than $5 on breakfast every day.

You kill puny , look @ u;re logs... that u call hunting.....
All you and all the fukin noobs like you that crying all day about the poor loot and how poor you are and u can't success SCREWED THE GAME ! BECOUSE RETARD MINDARK GIVE UBERS ON PUNY NOW !

YOU ALL FUKING SWEATGATHERING KERB HUNTERS SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP CRYING !
START DEPOSITING AND SKILL MORONG ! It should be a skill game not a pay the fukin crying kids that sweat all day from others money ! WANT LOOT -> MAKE 400 HP GET GEAR OF 50k$ THEN GET THE MU !
UNTILL THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP IDIOT !

You kill puny , look @ u;re logs... that u call hunting.....
All you and all the fukin noobs like you that crying all day about the poor loot and how poor you are and u can't success SCREWED THE GAME ! BECOUSE RETARD MINDARK GIVE UBERS ON PUNY NOW !

YOU ALL FUKING SWEATGATHERING KERB HUNTERS SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP CRYING !
START DEPOSITING AND SKILL MORONG ! It should be a skill game not a pay the fukin crying kids that sweat all day from others money ! WANT LOOT -> MAKE 400 HP GET GEAR OF 50k$ THEN GET THE MU !
UNTILL THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP IDIOT !

yea maybe you should learn to read English - but thanks for the laughs or maybe YOU need to learn how to play as it seems your worse at this game then even i am.

In all seriousness, the return % pretty much stays the same for a given efficiency no matter how fast you cycle. Swings depends on how much you pay per mob.

If you think about it, this makes sense. If you can pay less by cycling more, you can cause MU on lots of items to decrease, giving us exactly the problem we had in loot 1.0 again..

In all seriousness, the return % pretty much stays the same for a given efficiency no matter how fast you cycle. Swings depends on how much you pay per mob.

not sure this helps my attitude because it seems the swing goes up exponentially making it impossible to last without unrealistic deposits even just for lvl 10-15 mobs. I am not sure, but it seems you need 5K ped (or more?) to ride out bad loot on 300 hp mobs.

If that's the direction MA wants to go where you need massive ped card and 12 hours a day to grind or be a high roller EP crafter - i guess they are free to go in that direction but i am free to do what i want with my $ as well.

Thanks for the reply!

I have to agree with some of the responses, over 90% return is about the best you can expect or ask for. It's when you get under that the game is total crap. Like a poster said - you don't loose you spend and if you spend to much stop. That's what I've done. It seems to cost me over $200 a month to play at a place where I find it enjoyable and that is a shit ton more money then I think it's worth. I tried suggestions to, I finished 10k puny mission, I hunted vampires on RT, various others - all ended with a loss and more challenge then fun. Now I'm sitting at the oil rig like a bum, mangage to get 20 peds in ammo and it's gone on a few atrox. IMO this game is just a blackhole of hopes and dreams - instead of the other way around.
I just keep my toe in the water waiting for the tide to turn.
Thanks for posting your experience, you must be a humble or quiet guy with 60 posts and 100k+ skills in 10 years.

I have to agree with some of the responses, over 90% return is about the best you can expect or ask for. It's when you get under that the game is total crap. Like a poster said - you don't loose you spend and if you spend to much stop. That's what I've done. It seems to cost me over $200 a month to play at a place where I find it enjoyable and that is a shit ton more money then I think it's worth. I tried suggestions to, I finished 10k puny mission, I hunted vampires on RT, various others - all ended with a loss and more challenge then fun. Now I'm sitting at the oil rig like a bum, mangage to get 20 peds in ammo and it's gone on a few atrox. IMO this game is just a blackhole of hopes and dreams - instead of the other way around.
I just keep my toe in the water waiting for the tide to turn.
Thanks for posting your experience, you must be a humble or quiet guy with 60 posts and 100k+ skills in 10 years.

thanks for the reply and sharing your experiences too.

to be clear this log that shows 9x.x% does not mean i gotten 90% overall. I seriously doubt i have.

Agree with you on the costs and i pretty much play with ped i have and will not depo until something changes. But to me its more about time invested and wanting to see it mean something but yea money is hard to make so you need to earn it to get it from me.

Re: 10 years and my posts / skill -unfortunately not a lot of good things to post and usually it takes a long time to get me so worked up that i have to post a rant - i would normally try to be funny but this is just about enough for me now. so i went off like i did :)

not sure if 115K is anything or nothing i would have thought any one could get that in a year ? less? hard to judge as i spend more time trying to make $ to use hunting, and logging out in disgust of loot. I know getting 60 Agility used to mean something now- i have no idea.

gl mate!

In my experience, you should easily average 90%+. In fact, you should easily be able to average ~95%+ in TT out/TT in, provided you cycle enough.

This is based on having cycled some 100k's of peds in the new loot system, and averaging to about 96.6% overall. But it takes 30-50k cycled to get close to that average for the mobs I'm hunting (800-1500 hp). So maybe that'll provide you some sort of reference to judge whether you think this game is worth it for you. For me it still is worth playing.

Just FYI, I would not play this game if my average return did not get above 96%. It would be way too expensive for the amount i cycle.

not sure this helps my attitude because it seems the swing goes up exponentially making it impossible to last without unrealistic deposits even just for lvl 10-15 mobs. I am not sure, but it seems you need 5K ped (or more?) to ride out bad loot on 300 hp mobs.

If that's the direction MA wants to go where you need massive ped card and 12 hours a day to grind or be a high roller EP crafter - i guess they are free to go in that direction but i am free to do what i want with my $ as well.

Thanks for the reply!

The swings aren't that big for a 300 hp mob lol. Plus the swing would scale linear not exponential lol.

I do fine with a 4k-5k bankroll on 900-1200 hp mobs.

The swings aren't that big for a 300 hp mob lol. Plus the swing would scale linear not exponential lol.

I do fine with a 4k-5k bankroll on 900-1200 hp mobs.

guess agos might be next mission to finish.

let me ask you this abut how much ped do you need to cycle to reach lvl 40 pistol? i guess that lvl 39 to 40 took 4 to 5K cycled by that i do not know the amount for lvl 0 to lvl38. I ll assume same amount for each category?

if you pay a bill at a restaurant or pay a taxi driver..and you give a huge extra tip....are then many peds lost there?

Eddie

YES! but I still give reasonable tips just because it is customary. meh

side note:
next to my regular office job I work at a school on Wednesdays where I'm only paid for the hours I work there... I always refer to that money as PED in my thoughts (or even as AUD) :laugh:

needless to say that Wednesday job alone doesn't pay for my EU playing... :(

some of the smaller punies can have decent MU items, for example hides. The Monura hides last time i was there where like 30% of the loot and MU of 110%ish. my log of over 4.5k kills is 93.3% TT, 96.37% MU (pre Loot 2.0)

another puny with good MU is Carabok due to the hides, not sure on value now but it was 300%+ at some point.

Pleaks (Cyrene) / Punies (caly) have stamina items, pleak wing and bones can be exchanged for a stamina point, farming these can be profitable, tho Caly ones are a little over farmed now.

The ones to avoid MU wise are overhunted mobs like Kerbs, Argos and Atrox, because the loot is effectively TT food

with 300hp, check out the Dire weeds on Cyrene, decent loot, regular globals with chance of hitting 100s and Dire Weed Flaxon at 130% MU

Sinkhole!

Every mob has a ped sinkhole that must be filled up before it overflows and pays out.

Take berycled young about 70 HP, that mobs sinkhole is approximately around 300 ped.

That is how much ped I have to sink into that mob before I ever realise a good return rate.

But there are very rare instances where the average sinkhole is much larger by at least double.

So if you extrapolate the pedage going into the mobs you're easily looking to kill 1250 - 2500 mobs.

Remember that there's no personal loot pools, only mob loot pools where everyone is hunting for loot.

So the only skill that truely matters is you and how you can use intel to have some leverage over others.

Although it does seem like you did invest enough peds to pass the threshold, there may be other factors.

Last edited:
Reactions: San
So if you extrapolate the pedage going into the mobs you're easily looking to kill 1250 - 2500 mobs.
Thanks for putting out some numbers to work with. Others just call you lazy when that sinkhole is bigger than you're willing to spend. The guideline used to be budget for 500 kills, but this is no longer enough. I said the same thing to some friends just yesterday, while overall returns have improved as per official policy, it takes more than before to get there. Very smart.

Thanks for putting out some numbers to work with. Others just call you lazy when that sinkhole is bigger than you're willing to spend. The guideline used to be budget for 500 kills, but this is no longer enough. I said the same thing to some friends just yesterday, while overall returns have improved as per official policy, it takes more than before to get there. Very smart.

Yes it makes sense to have it that way, mobs are like slot machines after-all lol. Plus they get to reward players who grind a lot more, but I like to grind the same mob and won't move till it pays out or close to break even/ profit. If you want some more hints and tips for hunting, it's in my signature, you can have a look at my dusty old thread in noob corner How-To-Survive!. I have not posted any new updates, because the point of the topic/project became validated. I was able to survive on a minimal deposit hunting small mobs. A few things have changed regarding game mechanics but most of the information still stands imo.

I highly anticipate that to be an economical hunter it means you have to have a high DPP & a high efficiency rating. So now they have taken the dpp model and broken it into a few parts to get the same previous result. So imo efficiency does have merit as does dpp but to rely on 1 is rather redundant. Although I can't prove this because efficiency seems to be on a minute scale, but looting skills is now another component of the once dominant DPP race & DPS of course is 1 constant you can heavily rely on.

Last edited:
So the only skill that truely matters is you and how you can use intel to have some leverage over others
This is the most important line in this thread

Entropy - the degradation of the matter and energy in the universe to an ultimate state of inert uniformity

The clue is right there in the name !!!

Back