Uber: 18,000 PED of Markup in 4 Hours!

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
I logged onto Entropia last night with the intention of catching up on some book keeping and perhaps grinding a few small mobs. However, upon logging on, I got a message from Zippo about a few last Diablos he found, remnants of the big event. We had all tried our hands at the shared loot diablos, but when competing with 2.0 weapons and buff stacking, there was simply no contest. We all lost big on shared diablos, and were done with them. So the chance to kill some Diablos with friends, without buff stacking or 2.0 weapons, just ordinary people with ordinary gear and the opportunity to share in the prosperity of the loot within, we put together a small band to take out the last 3 diablos. 3 led to 4... 4 led to more, and before we knew it we had found a spawn of non-shared diablos, and shot-shot-shot long into the night. Before long, we looted a 16 PED ESI. A few diablos later, a 15 PED ESI. Just a few later, a 19 PED ESI. Quite content with the markup we were receiving, we decided to pursue it further. Of course, by now we had attracted some attention and had people lining up to join the team. Before long we had a full team of 12 people and a waiting list of 3. ESI after ESI began to drop, and they got bigger and bigger. After having looted 2 ESIs of over 90 PED each, we were all pretty excited. A 900ish PED HoF hit, and one of the team mates announced "ESI, 63 PED". We all were enthusiastic, but not quite as much as before the 90+ PEDers. Then he typed in chat "634 PED ESI" and we all went nuts!
The hunt lasted 4 hours, and we looted over 1800 PED TT of ESIs between us. We all had to wonder what it must have been like to be one of the few winners at the shared diablos, but we were very thankful to have had such prosperity to share with each other. This was the greatest hunt I remember having in Entropia, and I look forward to more to come.

Full video found here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/225872462

Last edited:
:wise:IT must have been the perception skill gains... Big gratz to you all.

& now you know hat some cheaters got away with...
Maybe I'll log in again after my withdrawl is comitted

Thats awsome!!

Big gz for the fun loots!

(Same wave of consecutive drops of big ESIs has happened to me on a few occasions, old freds, hogglo stalkers etc......)

PS: on shared loss mobs its not highest DPP that gets the item or ESI

Thats awsome!!

Big gz for the fun loots!

(Same wave of consecutive drops of big ESIs has happened to me on a few occasions, old freds, hogglo stalkers etc......)

PS: on shared loss mobs its not highest DPP that gets the item or ESI

true, but buff stacking gives higher dps aka higher chance of looting items

& now you know hat some cheaters got away with...
Maybe I'll log in again after my withdrawl is comitted

^Preach!

Most fun, profitable, and skillful team hunt I have ever been apart of. Cheers! :wtg:

^Preach!

Most fun, profitable, and skillful team hunt I have ever been apart of. Cheers! :wtg:

Trust me when I say, you're missing the bigger picture

ps @ lindsey, higher dpp doe effect in more mu on shared loot as your peds last longer

Sounds like some of u had some inside info.. wouldnt be the first time this kinda shit happens..

Sounds like some of u had some inside info.. wouldnt be the first time this kinda shit happens..

There is an ongoing joke within my team about having lunch with MindArk officials before big team hunts. Watch the rest of my videos, and you'll hear the same stuff even when we get nothing particularly noteworthy ;)

But if you'd like some insider info, here you go;
1. Zippo spends 90% of his time in PvP zones. If you want to know the things that are going on in PvP, it behooves you to get to know Zippo.
2. I am an avid team hunter. If you want to go shoot mobs that are way too big to hunt solo, or burn through huge mobs much faster than can be done with 1 person, I am a good person to talk to to organize such a hunt.
3. Every year when Merry Mayhem gets announced, the auctions go nuts on Empty Skill Implants. There are dozens of very highly skilled players who need huge amounts of ESIs to chip down to the category just below what they currently qualify for, to get a better chance at winning. The time period immediately following said event is usually when those skills get reabsorbed, thus releasing those ESIs back into the loot pool.
4. Huge mobs drop lots of ESIs, especially when they have been released into the loot pool as noted in #3.

Last edited:
Great story and great fun.

There goes the ESI market
mov esi, low_MU
mov eax, esi
gz ;)

It was a lot of fun, great time had by all! That "I have an hour" to hunt went into over 3 hours, but it was worth it. Even after a long day at work with a little over 4hrs sleep I'd do it again! :laugh: :yay:

Thanks to jak for coming by and helping out with some heals and resurrections. :thumbup:

Superb stuff, awesome gratz.

Rick

nice reading and some useful infos.

the most important u had fun with friends :yay::yay:

cheers

Glad to thear about this awesome hunt :) Gz

Sounds like one of my EU dreams when you get uber/rare loot from every mob and say to myself "i must be dreaming lol" Gratz to chosen few :dance: :yay:

Let's hope MA will increase ESI drop on all mobs, this was requested for years now.

ESI's dropped all the time almost...
In 1st hour @ shared diablos was looted over 1k tt esi's I think and then time tot time lower ones, just ppl keep their mouth shut....

Tnx for sharing, great video, lot of fun to watch it and ear your chats too :laugh:

Love the soundtrack, some from 2Cellos if I don't mistake :)

(and BIG GRATZ all of you ofc)

DRM

If esi drop rate is increased the markup will simply drop to accommodate it..... its fine the way it is lol

Great story and vid; thanks for sharing Cap!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Back