FYI: MindArk, your Ads by Google are being wasted.

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
This is common knowledge to nearly all players, but I'm still seeing it so I don't know if MindArk knows. The ads for Entropia Universe displayed by Google Ads only appear to be displayed to people who already play the game. This doesn't really give any exposure to Entropia. I'd recommend trying a different ad service, perhaps using YouTube or Twitch, so that the marketing dollars can actually go to something productive.

probably depends if they pay for impressions or clicks? :scratch2:

Wasted like the 1 000 000 other ads you watched :laugh:

I think this has been said a few times but the logic is simple...

• Retargeting (the type of ads that follow you around) cost a LOT less than typical PPC ads or video ads.
  • It costs a lot to get a new player in the game, pay out all their initial mission rewards for the "tutorial" and get them to a point where they make their first real deposit.
  • Probably less than 2% of the new players in Entropia last longer than 6 months and deposit more than $100.
  • Long terms players with higher skill levels deposit more on average than new players.

Considering all this Mindark has realized that while it's good to advertise a bit for new players it's much more important and profitable for them to keep promoting the game to existing players. They want long time players that have deposited and maybe have taken a break to come back. And they want to ensure that new players are constantly reminded that they have EU installed and to come back and keep playing so they can get hooked and deposit a shit-ton over the next 5,10,15 years.

Additionally to enforce the point of how much more important keeping existing players is...

It's the long time big depositors that keep this game alive. There is a never ending flow of BS with this game. From the toxic at times community, to half completed features / broken promises, to horrible loots, to people using exploits with MA doing nothing about it, to a severe lack of new content, to game-breaking lag issues that lasted like 6+ month...etc...etc...etc. All of which was/is talked about on the forum constantly. At least 50% of the active content posts (not global or trade related) on here are generally bitching about something wrong with the game.

Only the long time players that have been playing for 5,-10+ years would put up with all this shit and keep playing regardless. Many of us have invested thousands of dollars and hours into our avatars over the years and can't help but feel a sense of required loyalty due to that investment - so we put up with a lot of crap that we wouldn't for any other game. New players on the other hand that aren't that invested easily say piss on it and go play something else without being out anything when these problems start becoming more noticeable to them.

I vote they send those T-shirts to long term players, small investment, alot exposure, if we chose to wear them outside the bedroom :rolleyes:

Nah change that to players that Depoed like the 500PED, we got the Gold Card back then for free, now make it T-shirts.
Or was it 5kPED? can't remember :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say it again, we need a daily/weekly voting promotion for EU, give 1 daily coin for every vote and 10coins for a month streak of voting and that would do the trick.

Last edited:
I vote they send those T-shirts to long term players, small investment, alot exposure, if we chose to wear them outside the bedroom :rolleyes:

Nah change that to players that Depoed like the 500PED, we got the Gold Card back then for free, now make it T-shirts.
Or was it 5kPED? can't remember :laugh:

it was 5000 ped deposited. And yeah shirts and hats would be a great idea.

Back