Help: Disconnecting when crossing Estate boundaries.

John Nohlan

Mature
Society
Modified Trade Terminal
John Jacob Nohlan
MA Refuses Help Support:

MA Tier II support has outright refused to even explore potential issues, due to my graphics card not being supported. Live chat, told me to check here for help, cause there is nothing they can do. If I create any support tickets, they simply close them without even options for things to try.

It is pretty much like a normal average healthy person having the capability to get a cold drink out of the fridge, but simply being too lazy to even try, so instead they would prefer to die of dehydration.

So here I am...

The Problem:

When I cross estate boundaries, I get disconnected from game. This problem started about two weeks ago, had been playing fine without dc's before. I am not having crashes. I do not have frame rate issues, nor do I have lag or rubberbanding.

I have noticed I can be in my in-game apartment, if I get IM's, I get disconnected, nothing new is graphically loading. Additionally I disconnect, if I enter an empty snug on Isle of Troy. There is nothing graphically complex about the interior of an empty snug. My computer doesn't even blink in regards to frame rate smoothness. Interacting with a shopkeeper, or placing an item, can also disrupt connection.

Client will continue to run for 2 - 5 minutes after disconnect, you won't know you are even disconnected unless, you try to IM someone, which result in the message going through, but you can't see it has posted. Additionally if you try to interact with shopkeeper or pick something up, it fails to execute the action.

Things I have tried:

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/technical-issues-1/start-login-connection-fa/

1. Safe Mode ( all graphics, everything, safe mode fully enabled. )
2. Turning Off Sound
3. Direct Line to Modem using Cat6 Ethernet cable.
4. Having an internet technician come out to my house, connection is fine. ( 76mbps download / 7mbps upload )
5. Multiple computers, all have same the issue.
6. Setting connection speed to 56kbs in login settings.
7. All drivers, are up to date, checked 2.7.18
8. No router involved.
9. Firewall, disabled.
10. Antivirus, disabled.
11. Contacting Entropia Live support
12. Contacting technical support via support ticket.
13. Running 32 bit version / 64 bit version.
14. Ensure all other programs and browser windows are closed.
15. Reducing draw distance to smallest area possible.
16. Uninstall & Re-install.
17. Run as Admin

My laptop can run Farcry 3 which is cryengine, as well as Skyrim without performance issues. I can also run the game just fine on medium settings, without frame rate drop. I can go to twin, Port Atlantis, caves, hadesheim, and other graphically complex areas without a problem. I can even go to apartment areas, or housing areas without disconnecting, as long as I don't cross estate boundaries.

Interesting enough, you can leave Apartment, Shop or snug just fine, and not DC, it is entering the estate that DC's you.

System Information:

Intel Core i5-7200 2.70 Ghz
8.00 GB installed memory ( RAM)
64-bit Operating System x64 based processor
Intel HD Graphics 620
Windows 10

Last edited:
Since nothing has changed with the game the past two weeks, I would strongly assume it is on your side.
And running on integrated graphice is rather hanging on a thread of the possible.
What kind of antivirus suite are you using ?
Depending on that it is posibble that even though you disabled it it might still block something.
Is there any other firewall between you and the modem ?
What does the routing ?
IPv6 enabled ?

Your graphics suck best of luck in quite a graphically intense game

Wow ..never heard of such a DC-thing ingame....if its reproducable...wow....dc on every estate or only on same ones ?

Would assume for about 80%+ the game has "problems" using the potential of your integrated graphics card...

Best possible maybe is to borrow a PCIe graphic card from a friend or from another pc...doesnt have to be a new one also ( my graphic card is like 5 yrs old and running well in eu)...and test it out....

Good luck,
Eddie

Since nothing has changed with the game the past two weeks, I would strongly assume it is on your side.
And running on integrated graphice is rather hanging on a thread of the possible.
What kind of antivirus suite are you using ?
Depending on that it is posibble that even though you disabled it it might still block something.
Is there any other firewall between you and the modem ?
What does the routing ?
IPv6 enabled ?

Windows 10, vanilla for firewall & security no added software. No VPN, Firewall disabled, ports forwarded.

Your graphics suck best of luck in quite a graphically intense game

Respectfully, this is a non-helpful comment.

Wow ..never heard of such a DC-thing ingame....if its reproducable...wow....dc on every estate or only on same ones ?

Would assume for about 80%+ the game has "problems" using the potential of your integrated graphics card...

Best possible maybe is to borrow a PCIe graphic card from a friend or from another pc...doesnt have to be a new one also ( my graphic card is like 5 yrs old and running well in eu)...and test it out....

Good luck,
Eddie

Pretty much every estate. It happens as soon as you cross the line, you can sit on the edge of the line and let everything load into scene, which doesn't take but a second. Soon as you cross that line though entering estate, small pause, then things act normal, you Type chat, nothing posts, 30 seconds later you dc.

You can stand there for 20 minutes, right outside the line, all is cool, cross it and you are dead. Nothing new graphically is even loading, it is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

I have a laptop installing a graphics card is non-optional. Have looked at external graphics cards, everything seems to require thunderbolt 3. PCI-E external options from what I have read, won't work due to Nvidia making it's drivers incompatible with external for laptop.

Windows 10, vanilla for firewall & security no added software. No VPN, Firewall disabled, ports forwarded.

....since you write "modem" and not router...
What makes the internet connection ?
What kind of internet connection ?
Have you tried disabling Windows defender ?
Is IPv6 disabled on the network device ?

Does this also happen on LA's? Or only on apartments/shops? The only time when I get disconnects is when my internet fails, our ISP is coughing quite bad like 1-2 times a week. Also quite weird that you disconnect and not crash.

I would think at two directions to check:

1. packet loss (so, not speed of connection per se, but quality of connection) vs. EU
2. this might be silly, but try to run the game by right-clicking the icon and pick "run as admin"

Something else would be if you can join or not different chat channels. Some estates have their own chat areas and maybe that's where the issue comes from? Sorry if I am being silly, but this problem you experience is like the weirdest stuff I heard in EU.

The cable modem itself.
Cable Internet
Yes, defender has been disabled to trouble shoot.
No, IPv6 is enabled on network.

Does this also happen on LA's? Or only on apartments/shops? The only time when I get disconnects is when my internet fails, our ISP is coughing quite bad like 1-2 times a week. Also quite weird that you disconnect and not crash.

I would think at two directions to check:

1. packet loss (so, not speed of connection per se, but quality of connection) vs. EU
2. this might be silly, but try to run the game by right-clicking the icon and pick "run as admin"

Something else would be if you can join or not different chat channels. Some estates have their own chat areas and maybe that's where the issue comes from? Sorry if I am being silly, but this problem you experience is like the weirdest stuff I heard in EU.

I have seen disconnects entering land areas.

1. I myself suspect some sort of packet loss but not sure where.
2. Yeah, forgot to list that as tried, not silly, thanks though.
3. I myself have also suspected possibility of chat areas, though I don't experience this in twin or PA outside of player estates.

INTEL has responded and informed me that a slow down on my onboard GPU wouldn't cause a network disconnect from game but would instead crash client, which I believe to also be true based on my testing.

Here you will see GPU @ 80% on medium: https://i.imgur.com/iTap8BE.jpg
Here it is @ 79% in Safe Mode, but complex areas: https://i.imgur.com/N6AcW2f.jpg

This one is the most interesting... It is in safe mode, right after disconnect. As stated before there is a very definitive line, which if I run across ='s DC guaranteed.

https://i.imgur.com/AjjsAgz.jpg

You will notice network workload spike and GPU drop then pick back up, though nothing new is being rendered or loaded.

Update: MA has recently changed their mind and is now providing assistance, after having submitted multiple tickets and having them closed out without being resolved.

Seems shader folder, was AWOL, along with some other folders. I am sure they were some where, just not where they should be.

Decided uninstall and clean install again, this time in a folder that isn't maybe as permission restrictive as programs folder. Also ran install as Admin.

Fingers crossed should know in a couple minutes... once download is complete.

Last edited:

They make wireless modems that act as routers now. You probably think a router is a firewall too... :rolleyes:

They make wireless modems that act as routers now. You probably think a router is a firewall too... :rolleyes:

If it helps specify, better golddude you are right on point with what I have. it has 4 slots with ethernet + wifi (modem/router combo). It is the newest model my ISP has, firmware is up to date, etc etc. The problem was present with old modem as well.

Hope this is helpful.

If it helps specify, better golddude you are right on point with what I have. it has 4 slots with ethernet + wifi (modem/router combo). It is the newest model my ISP has, firmware is up to date, etc etc. The problem was present with old modem as well.

Hope this is helpful.

Is it a hitron? Those have been failing at a huge rate. But doubt its your connection.

Honestly, (and i thought you have tried a different computer) is to try and download EU on separate computer that has a decent not integrated graphics card or have someone walk through the spots where you D/C

Tonight I was getting regular dc's just doing stuff I normally don't have problems with I have began to monitor the task manager lately. CPU and GPU both hold a pretty steady 70-80% capacity use on medium settings. What I noticed though was huge spikes on my network capacity. Like little burst of activity, doesn't matter if sitting still or moving, or if no one around or if I am at twins.

https://i.imgur.com/eQbyDYD.jpg

Try switching off IPv6.
Is wireless on ? Switch it off
Look into the hardware, can the network card be diabled by the system in order to save energy ? Switch it off

edith: maybe try something completely different..
Install Avira VPN (free for limited usage) and choose an host in the Netherlands

Last edited:
Tonight I was getting regular dc's just doing stuff I normally don't have problems with I have began to monitor the task manager lately. CPU and GPU both hold a pretty steady 70-80% capacity use on medium settings. What I noticed though was huge spikes on my network capacity. Like little burst of activity, doesn't matter if sitting still or moving, or if no one around or if I am at twins.

https://i.imgur.com/eQbyDYD.jpg

Cant believe This an amazing failure..you would get it to the top 5 of pc-problems for support employees...

BUT..

1) CAN you borrow another pc and try it out at home? laptop/desktop from a friend/parents etc? THAT is essential so you know if the problem is pc-based or isp-based....

--> AND/ OR can you try your latop at another site? like trying it out at your parents internet-Conection,Star-Bucks etc ??

II) in your uploaded picture ..i think you are using an USB3-Ethernet Adapter for the Network-Link...Does your laptop also have a hard-plug in on your motherboard? or you can try also the onboard WIFI instead of the USB3-ETH Adapter???

if you have the above results ...then you can also dig deeper to get the cause of the error there...

GL,
Eddie

Back