0.00 Shrap. in shared maybe a bug?

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
A lot of times when shooting the finishing shot on a mob I'll get 0.00 shrap. It seems to mainly happen when a lot of people are shooting at a mob, and I shoot it for the finishing shot after not shooting it yet. I never really thought much about how frequently it happens, but what are the chances that using a 200 max damage gun, and shooting a mob with 500+ health, I shoot the mob at a point when it has presumably less than 6 health? (the amount where a half drop of shrapnel at 3 Damage/PEC would be over .01) It's pretty rare I'll get anything under .05 when taking a final shot, but when I do it seems to almost always be .00.

A sidenote on this. I'm not complaining about this, and I don't think it's particularly important. I'm just curious about what others think about it and any explanations they might have.

It isn't 0.00.. you just got ped that was < 0.01 and it doesn't display past 2 decimal plays. You should know that with ammo and shrapnel being 1 mil per 100ped.

Yea before shrap you would get ammo like "144" which is like 0.00144 pec or something (just random guess)
It was like if you added up stacks of the ammo it still wouldn't equal 1 pec worth.

It isn't 0.00.. you just got ped that was < 0.01 and it doesn't display past 2 decimal plays. You should know that with ammo and shrapnel being 1 mil per 100ped.

Yes, I don't think that the drop is nothing, I just know it's less than .01 ped worth. Maybe the point of the post wasn't clear. I'm curious based on how rare of an occurrence getting less than a PEC after taking a shot with a gun that costs 40 pec per shot on a mob that costs 2+ ped vs. how often it actually happens.

I feel like I need to elaborate on the scenario where it happens the most that is strange. A mob has 200 health left, you and 4 others with an average damage of around 75 shoot it at almost the exact same time, you get .00 shrap. Seems to happen very often in this specific scenario.

Last edited:
I feel like I need to elaborate on the scenario where it happens the most that is strange. A mob has 200 health left, you and 10 others with an average damage of around 75 shoot it at almost the exact same time, you get .00 shrap. Seems to happen very often in this specific scenario.

If you do only the finishing shot it can be happen very often, as if all other constantly shoot, the mob may often have only a few HP left, in worst case just 1.
Now loot on shared is by damage done, and if you do just the finisher and nothing more, you very often will have much less HP left to kill than your gun can do.

On a 1k HP mob with 1 HP left gives you 1/1000 of the loot.
Thats why you see that 0.00 loots below 0.01 PED even when using a big gun doing only the final shot :)

Leaving the last shot to others looks like second-best strategy in shared loot.

(The best one, of course, is not attending shared loot.)

/sarc

"Why is my scumbag tactic not working"

-thread

"Why is my scumbag tactic not working"

-thread

Oh yeah, taking the finishing shot at shared loot is a gold mine. You should try it. Make sure you cycle at least 10k PED doing it or your results won't be accurate.

Edit: this is sarcasm^. Not sure why these people think wasting your ammo on the finishing shot on a mob in shared loot is somehow a way to scam people. You don't get paid back for any amount of overkill damage you do on a mob in shared loot. Also, please read the original post before commenting on the thread.

Last edited:
I would take it as, they've added a symbolic amount of shrapnel (formerly ammo) to the mob to display that there *was* loot in the mob, but that the major part of the loot Went in a big chunk (big ESI, gem, high TT (L) item etc); as opposed to that the creature was entirely empty, that the loot server failed or that there is loot lag.

Edit: Ah, you shot the final shot *only*. Well, then I'd guess as the others that you could have taken the last 0.004 HP Before it fell down or simply that you only spent a few PECs on ammo.

The idea of the loot server failing sort of makes sense. After paying more attention to when this happens the last few hours it seems that maybe it's allowing me to shoot a dead mob, but still use ammo as long as I shoot simultaneously with whoever else finishes it. Maybe the loot server is just gives a base amount of like 1 shrap or something as acknowledgement that you used a shot on a mob.

Put all the loot in a box before each and check how much you get each mob with empty inventory. It's borring but you do the last-shot-only thing anyway so... nothing is more boring than that :eyecrazy:
I'm pretty sure you take down very little HP so you receive less than a pec. Good deal I guess :D

Put all the loot in a box before each and check how much you get each mob with empty inventory. It's borring but you do the last-shot-only thing anyway so... nothing is more boring than that :eyecrazy:
I'm pretty sure you take down very little HP so you receive less than a pec. Good deal I guess :D

Might try that if I ever feel really bored. Also, I don't only shoot the last shot, I'm not a charity lol. It just happens when I'm trying to get a shot in every mob in the feffoid pit or a robot wave event and there are a lot of people.

Might try that if I ever feel really bored. Also, I don't only shoot the last shot, I'm not a charity lol. It just happens when I'm trying to get a shot in every mob in the feffoid pit or a robot wave event and there are a lot of people.

Its not worth trying that xD
Even if a mob hits global, only one or two shots in will be so low loot, doesn´t make a difference.
Better focus on one mob and hope that globals, and get big share due to big damage on that :)

If you only take one shot at a mob and it drops items too, odds are you will only get a pitiful small amount of shrapnel because you didnt try hard enough!

Nova/blazar have been looting 0.00 for ages long before the introduction of shrapnel.

Back