More trade-able items please

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Can we please sell all pills?
Can we please sell all armors? (including Viceroy)
Can we please sell all pets?

auctionability for these would be nice

Of course, a 2018-style auction with up-to-date functions would be even better.

Any one remember age of empires 1.0? That's what the current auction looks and feels like
cheers :p

Last edited:
I approve this message and would like to nominate a petition regarding NP’s suggestion

Can’t do myself as I am reading / posting sneaky during work on phone ;)

Bring these ideas to fruition with petitions please

Any one remember age of empires 1.0? That's what the current auction looks and feels like

well, I totally agree about the pills and the pets, but the viceroy armour is different from this story.

A bit of a coincidence, but I just spoke to the ark dude that gives out the armour, and he specifically told me this armour is TAYLOR MADE to fit your avatar.
He tells this in advance and so it's your own choice to except if you want a TAYLOR MADE armour.

Pills is different since you loot them and you have no influence over them. SO they should be tradable. No story behind it that would suggest otherwise.
Same as with pets.

well, I totally agree about the pills and the pets, but the viceroy armour is different from this story.

A bit of a coincidence, but I just spoke to the ark dude that gives out the armour, and he specifically told me this armour is TAYLOR MADE to fit your avatar.
He tells this in advance and so it's your own choice to except if you want a TAYLOR MADE armour.

Pills is different since you loot them and you have no influence over them. SO they should be tradable. No story behind it that would suggest otherwise.
Same as with pets.

I know what the in game NPC says when you get a set, however, it is the principle that I disagree to, the principle of account tied items. EU is based on its RCE-capabilities, and this should be strengthened instead of lowered.

I know what the in game NPC says when you get a set, however, it is the principle that I disagree to, the principle of account tied items. EU is based on its RCE-capabilities, and this should be strengthened instead of lowered.

Viceroy can be TT'd via a trade in, 400 ped i think

but i agree with less bound items, tho most bound items are given at a reduced value, for example the stolen armor was an excellent set for free as the tokens had no value. same with the Refurb fap

imo if its a mission reward that doesn't require an exchange for TT items, ie 0TT mission tokens then bound is fine. But if you have to hand over value like mission galactica or viceroy for equal or less back then it should always be tradable, as you are paying for it.

but the problem is too many UL items.

Marketwise, it does need work, but im not sure how. if you allow people to buy part of an order, ie 20 ingots from an sale of 2000, it will cause MU to bomb, if you remove the listing fee and only put it on sales, you will see a race to the bottom with constant under cutting

well, if you dont like the idea, why get the viceroy in the first place?
Just get a gremlin suit. It has the same stats and is tradable.

So, since you dont like the idea, you have to kill the general concept of taylor made armour??

besides, the viceroy can be turned back into ped. So, it already has a solution to your problem of bound. It can easily be unbound within the already present rules.

So, totally disagree with it! :wise:

edit:
and what I dont understand, why do you even bother?
I thought you're selling out for good. As you mentioned in your sales thread.
So why bother?

Agreed

It doesn't matter that it's "tailor made", what kinda crappy tailor can't refit your suit?

avatar bound items is bad attempt of retaining some kind of economic balance and a poor attempt at tying down investors.

MA's pissing on the economic balance anyway and isn't the whole RCE concept that your not just dumping money in the trash? specially since the value of these items make other games items look like tictacs

same with pills, why create an item you can't sell? Because fuck the market demand and players (buyers and sellers) when you can profit from crates.

From a design point of view it's absolutely retarded....

same with pills, why create an item you can't sell? Because fuck the market demand and players (buyers and sellers) when you can profit from crates.

just refine them into ammo and recycle it

Agreed

It doesn't matter that it's "tailor made", what kinda crappy tailor can't refit your suit?

avatar bound items is bad attempt of retaining some kind of economic balance and a poor attempt at tying down investors.

MA's pissing on the economic balance anyway and isn't the whole RCE concept that your not just dumping money in the trash? specially since the value of these items make other games items look like tictacs

From a design point of view it's absolutely retarded....

bullshit, when you buy a taylor made suit in the store, and the guy next to you weighing 40 pounds more will never fit that suit! Even the greatest taylor cant refit it without making significant efforts and costs.

And again, you " bought" the viceroy knowing EXACTLY what the terms and conditions were.
Dont go piss on the system later on if you knew the consequences beforehand.

And from a design point of view that makes perfect sense!

yes, just TT for 400 ped and you're done!

I do agree on the pills though.

EU is dynamic, so u even though you might know what the conditions are today, you never know what they will be within a year.
That means it is very hard to balance investments. And that means it is ridiculously hard to balance investments, if you can't even sell them afterwards.

I do understand that you can recycle viceroy through Bill, but the set costs 400 + mu, and you get like 300 back or something. (not sure the numbers are correct, but it is something alike) That is one. Ok, I can accept that kind of loss.

However, it is a totally different thing for mod viceroy. I'm not sure if the same conditions apply with recycling, but the mu to make one of those sets was huge... so it is like a 90% loss if you would want to get rid of it. Which would be solved if the set were tradeable.

Yea, we accepted the conditions for these sets, and we choose to buy it anyway, knowing that one of the days, due to changing conditions of the EU environment, it will be rendered completely useless/worthless...

I think it would be a good motivation if the parts get tradeable. The mu of the raw materials will go up. People will be interested in making one and put it for sale. The sets will be worth more. Correction, the sets will be worth anything, which is better then close to nothing as it is right now.

Why would I refine pills for ammo, if I can get ped for them from tt?

and pills, that can only be tt'd or refined, would have mu!

bullshit, when you buy a taylor made suit in the store, and the guy next to you weighing 40 pounds more will never fit that suit! Even the greatest taylor cant refit it without making significant efforts and costs.

And again, you " bought" the viceroy knowing EXACTLY what the terms and conditions were.
Dont go piss on the system later on if you knew the consequences beforehand.

And from a design point of view that makes perfect sense!

just because you make a rule and enforce it doesn't mean it's good design, it was and will always be a terrible idea.
The only thing I could say against a change is that regression in games is almost always a bad idea even if it's to revert a previously bad idea, it slows progress and innovation

Why would I refine pills for ammo, if I can get ped for them from tt?

and pills, that can only be tt'd or refined, would have mu!

some pills, for example loot, X & Y can't be TT'd or traded. so refining is the only way.

regarding the bounded items, ive suggested before that once a bound item hits tier 10 it should be unlocked for trade. would be expensive but its something to work towards

U can only TT a full set of viceroy as far i know. And i managed to get 3 pices extra somehow that i cant do anything with. I would like to be able to TT those to ;)

U can only TT a full set of viceroy as far i know. And i managed to get 3 pices extra somehow that i cant do anything with. I would like to be able to TT those to ;)

I think you can turn them in to Bill, the guy who gave them to you :)
check it out

I think you can turn them in to Bill, the guy who gave them to you :)
check it out

It wasent possible before, if so they changed it, but sure i check it out again ;)
Edit: No it still want a full set and it also just want my skullcandy edition wich i like to keep.
But the extra pices is not skull candy and i cant put them in the box.
So i stuck with 3 pices i cant do anything with, i thought maybe i could get the rest of the pices so i could turn in the whole set but that wont work either then when it only will take my first skull candy set as it seem. BUMMER :(

Last edited:

I remeber that had and have all the Age of empires games from Microsoft i used to play it a lot. :)

just because you make a rule and enforce it doesn't mean it's good design, it was and will always be a terrible idea.
The only thing I could say against a change is that regression in games is almost always a bad idea even if it's to revert a previously bad idea, it slows progress and innovation

well, is it really that bad for the game that viceroy cant be traded?

I think the contrary.

Viceroy needs looted materials.
Anybody who wants the viceroy needs to loot or buy the materials.
That means more demand for materials.
If the set could be traded, a lot less people will be looking after the materials, but just buy the set from another player.
That would mean less demand for the materials.

Imo the more demand for materials, the better for the game.

So far I've only heard you say its bad for the game, but I fail to find/read any good reason for that.
please explain that to me how the viceroy hurts the game.

We will be able to sell everything again one day... The day when they realize that bound items on Real Cash Economy doesn't make any sense at all! (only to show up how greedy the house is)

They advertise as a RCE MMORPG. How in the world on a real cash economy I can't sell the item I got for finishing the mission? We have two options here, or they are stupid and don't know what they do (we all know they want to tied as many PEd as possible so we don't withdrawal those peds pff) or they are liars with all the teeth.

Best times in this game were when no missions existed and the sense of freedom was huge! Unique atmosfere is the key to entropia universe and what hooked me but somehow they want to copy all the other games out there. If you have an unique product why copy others?

But you are selling out... So let's say they make this change before you leave..

You get to sell your Viceroy at a nice price, and everyone else now has a waiting game to see if their set value will rise or fall.
I am sure it would be good to start with, but pretty soon it will be devalued. And now is it really worth doing the mission, which I think we all know is quite a task and quite costly?
I am sure this will affect the MU on the materials needed ( I think it already has ). All because you wanted to get the PED back. Maybe the materials were overvalued BECAUSE of the Viceroy mission.
I think it is unfair to be told what is expected in the mission, and what you CANNOT expect.. Then show up asking why you made the decision when you started it...?
It is the same as the guy who wants to tt his set, but NOT the skull candy.. It is like wanting the best of everything.

But you are selling out... So let's say they make this change before you leave..
...You get to sell your Viceroy at a nice price.

You seem to base your conclusions on a lot of assumptions, which you read or heard somewhere, without having checked them.

Of course I'd rather sell a nice armor set then let it rot in storage! That's the point of being in an RCE

About markup of the items required for the set. I know of several people who decided NOT to make the set, because it is not trade-able. This affects the markup of the materials negatively.
However I agree that when there are several sets on the market, the demand for the raw materials would drop some.
So it would probably balance out more or less.

Of course I'd rather sell a nice armor set then let it rot in storage! That's the point of being in an RCE

just tt it for 400 ped and it doesnt rot anymore.

doesn't feel right for a set that costed 12k or so to make

well, if you´re talking about the mod version, then, yes, you´re quite right about that :silly2:

But lets be honest, you should think twice before buying a TAYLOR made item for 12k with an intrinsic value of just 400 ped.

You knew the conditions beforehand. You said yes to the deal, perfectly knowing these conditions.
So dont complain afterwards.

Just like getting married.
You knew the conditions, and once you say yes, you cant go back.
Unless you want to pay the price! :laugh:

*edit*
I've got the mats for the viceroy armour in storage ready for over a year now, still trying to decide if I want to get it.
So far, I'm not convinced I need it bad enough to waste around 400 ped.

But if I decide to get it, I perfectly know I'm losing those 400 peds.

I would totally agree with you if you wouldnt know before hand that it was bound.
BUt it's not shady, not sneaky. It's out in the open that it's bound.

Back