Marco's frustrations list revisited.

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
Back in 2009, Marco Behrmann asked in this forum to make a list of known bugs and things that frustrated us, the players. We all posted and posted until Marco had around 350 posts of unsorted bugs.

I tried sorting them out in terms of popularity, to see what the biggest frustrations were.

Back in 2009 I made this list of bugs and frustrations after Marco asked us to tell them to him:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...p-Marco-deal-with-his-quot-frustrations-quot-

A lot of those wishes and frustrations were handled, at least most of the top 20 of the list are now simply ingame.
You can look at what Mindark has not done, you could also look at what has been accomplished. It's just a matter of perspective and a matter of how to bring the game forward. this is the top 50 of those frustrations. I put fix/still here/ half fix/ dunno after the first 50

Frustration Count
Auto arrange auction list/find/search/alerts 36 FIX
Bigger Friendslist 30 FIX
Item not currently available,busy 29 STILL HERE
Autoclick, batch processing, autoshoot on clicked mouse, autoextracting 19 FIX
Cost of playing, low return in entertainment 19 FIX
Lag, extra misses, decay, know if there is lag, miss!! 19 FIX
No offline message/mail system 18 FIX
Improvements on map, resizable/zoom, higher res 15 HALF FIX
When chatting in all/soc chat, trade/chat request causes main to lose focus and lots of windows opening|( on keystrokes) 14 HALF FIX
Events: more prices, list of placement, reminders,expansion, non-hunting events 14 HALF FIX
Remove unl plates from L armour, unequip all armour 13 FIX
Better mob Ai (mobs running off), berycleds hunt in packs, armax go in protective circles 13 STILL HERE
Shops inventories on auction screen, ingame shop directory, shop search 9 STILL HERE
Switch fap/pistol loose ammo or fap 9 FIX
Give players reason to skill, no more noob ath, more meaning to skills 9 FIX and UNFIX (Lol)
More functions to pets, taming, pets in city, appartment, pets as itemcarrier, rideable,flyable 8 STILL NOT HERE
Useless, dull, static buildings, Hadesheim 8 FIXED (no more hadesheim, easy fix)
Color coding in friendslist, sortable, selectable for custom messaging,soc friends 8 FIX
Type in exact coords for teleporting 8 DUNNO
Contracts/system for lending/borrowing/renting/crafting 8 STILL NOT HERE
Vehicles,Boats, Planes, etc 7 FIX
Fly up to cnd/cp and will still get white screen and pilots chatting 7 FIX with space
Mindforce expanded/updated 7 FIX
Sharing of estates/hangars, for couples,co-owners and societies 7 STILL NOT HERE
No auto-tidy feature for storage, Automerge stackables, auto placement 7 HALF FIX
Lack of nightlife, bars, functioning jukebox with more songs, atlas radio, beer 6 STILL NOT HERE (unless you count club neverdie)
Access inventory while in team , priority given to things under inventory screen 6 DUNNO
While looting , camera zooms out 6 FIX (but not with globals)
Team: share location info, easy locating, GPS 6 FIX
No disable/ignore incoming pm's/system messages 6 FIX
More content in NPC's, add storylines,quests, missions like raid the thorifoid temple 6 FIX/HALF FIX
No more: this creature has no loot 5 FIX
Birthdate and last login on avatar info/history 5 FIX
Use pecs in auction 5 STILL NOT HERE (a reason to have a shop)
More activities that can be done for free 5 FIX
Different damage types and effects on mobs. shrapnel,cold, mobs are immune to some dmg 5 STILL NOT HERE
Inability to color/texture each field seperately 5 DUNNO
Incomplete parts of the world, finish amethera, sell the land 5 HALF FIX
Events more visible, bigger announcements in time, deeper stories/development, more events for noobs, destructed cities 5 NOT REALLY
Unfixed bugs in general 4 DUNNO
Text disappears when switching all/soc chat 4 FIX
Society structure needs more features 4 STILL NOT HERE
After al tab, loss of focus, closing windows 4
When exiting eu, having to kill the process (vista/win7) 4
Appartment balcony item placement,patio 4 HALF FIX
Storage/soc terminal on cp 4 DUNNO
Manufacturing button freezes all other actions, chat 4 FIX
Ingame calculator 4 STILL NOT HERE
Ingame webbrowser 4 STILL NOT HERE
Public transit for cp/cnd , or automation to hangars 4 BROKEN
Actual visual of the ship when it;s moving, both inside and outside 4 FIX
Better disciple system, skills for mentors, goody pack after graduating 4 FIX/UNFIX/FIX/UNFIX

Maybe we should make a new list and only pick the ones that are still unfixed and add what our frustrations are today?

Give societies a way of creating a society hall. There are endless possibilities for MA to make money from this.

An actual Society interface.

"Cost of playing, low return in entertainment 19 FIX" -- if only that were true

Lack of nightlife, bars, functioning jukebox with more songs, atlas radio, beer 6 STILL NOT HERE (unless you count club neverdie)

I do count Club Neverdie.... :cool:

Nice idea. As for the older ideas perhaps this old thread may be of some use in revisiting history?

as for frustrations...
I know 'select next, auto tool, loot' combo is a bit frustrating since the path that it uses to find the 'next target' seems to get lost after about every 5th or so mob some days... so you end up just sitting there staring at the dead mob since the programming can't seem to differentiate dead mobs from living for some reason some days... you have to break the 'select next, auto tool, loot' combo with a jump or run or something similar when you end up staring at the dead mob... very annoying if you have auto loot pill on and are just doing the select next and leaving auto tool on since it means you are wasting ammo shooting a dead mob.

Soul bound items is also a major frustration for many I believe.

It is good some of the lag issues and rubber banding got fixed, but that problem isn't completely fixed yet... I had a bit of an issue with that about 3 days ago again... Really annoying trying to do the maze on Cyrene when you go 20 feet only to rubber band to where you where, especially when it's timed.

Fixing the meshes of everything to be convex hulls might fix some things too, especially things like getting stuck in the ground an having to hit T... Very bad on some planets when there's big hills or if you are in the water near a coastline.

Pets taking up enormous amounts of storage is a bit of a personal frustration...

No 'pet taming missions' is also a bit of a wish/frustration... Annoying that taming doesn't add to the kill count on iron missions. Wish there was a mirror quest of the iron missions for number of tames on each of the tameable mobs on each planet.

Cost of general every day expenses in game is a bit of a frustration when in between deposits. I've really grown to loving little missions like the mazes on cyrene, the free bar instance on Rocktropia and little daily there in that bar on rt, etc., that don't cost a ton and can be completed in 10 minutes a day or so. Would be nice if there were many, many more little missions like that on EVERY planet and more than just one or two per planet.. minimum of 20 or so per continent... would make game a lot more fun imho. (as it is now, sweating is default 'freebie' stuff to do between deposits and that gets old very, very fast)

More player owned shops, apartments, etc. would be nice. It's not a major frustration, but is a minor one that there are so many blasted empty buildings everywhere, especially on Calypso... (especially when it's in a 'promise' that is now over a decade old that's not been kept...
In my opinion, any estate that's sat in any planet's estate manager's hands over a month and not been sold off, or put in to an event as loot needs to just be dropped in to auction immediately and stay there til sold or something...

Another frustration is that many of the low end missions on some planets get hogged by higher level folks, leaving the lower level folks to not get great loot, or becoming frustrated due to the playground bully hogging all the mobs, kill stealing, etc. Examples of this are the ai mission on Rocktropia where the ai spawn in the vixen parking lot (good easy fix would be to just put ai in their own daily instances), Icarus - where certain folks continually grind the hell out of the puny to just get the bones to sell off instead of quitting after they finish the puny mission (cyrene's starting to see similar on the pleaks I believe)... (Easy fix for those would be to lower number of bones needed to complete the bone turn in mission and make bones soul bound items... and possibly think about doing something similar with the pleak wing turn in mission that mirrors it)

Lack of reason to craft many things is another frustration... Too many fully usable items in loot, webshop, or elsewhere that replace 90% of what's craftable... Perhaps making old school items have sib or buffs, etc. could fix this in some ways going forward? Maybe have upgrade crafting for different old school things that aren't crafted much by anyone usually.

Having devs read the wishlist threads might help in this as well since there's a lot of frustrations listed there, and NOT JUST HERE ON PCF, but in all the community forums...

=============
more obligatory stuff to mention (sorry)...

https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2011/11/16/Calypso-Land-Lot-Deeds.xml?

Q. When is the Citizenship and Politics system expected to be released?
A. The Citizenship and Politics system is scheduled to begin development in 2012.

Q. How many votes in the forthcoming Political System will Land Lot deedholders receive?
A. Each individual Land Lot deed entitles the holder to one vote. Thus, each political issue will have a maximum of 60,000 potential votes.

When's the end of the development if it began in 2012?
-------------------
2006 q&a for historic purposes - http://www.virtualmindhive.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t3076.html

2007 q&a - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...swers-(May-07)&p=792907&viewfull=1#post792907

2002 q&a - http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki...control_do_I_have_in_creating_my_character.3F (where's my cybernetic limbs?, what of 'outlaws'? "in game marriages, etc."?)

Last edited:
I really hate getting stuck on a misaligned grain of sand in the
middle of nowhere and I either have to T out or TP chip.

Suggest to use BugZilla or JIRA or some such dedicated bugtracking database. Linden Labs (Second Life) runs one where the customers can participate, so there is direct interaction with the core developers. Not getting my hopes up for MA doing the same, but if the community here wants to organize such a thing, e.g. run it alongside the Wiki, we can get a pretty neat tool for streamlining the lobbying work.

Tool

What tool would be suggested for this? (Ps Although Jira is great, its huge costs, hard to justify ... ), so Freeware, best opensource, and smb who got server resources(considering it would generate low trafic and not hungry on server HW)

Bugzilla? / MantisBT ? OTRS?
(Need ability to be able to split into separate projects, as it might be good to indicate for seperate planets, might also as separate instances)
IP and Release "management"

Proceses:
Who would maintain it (apart of hosting) ? (spammers/malwares ,,, links, verifies and tracks bugs/throught lifecycle - considering MA would do anything.... lol)

Security

SSL ? (for this as this would be closed community, could use private certificates /w/o

On users - * only usernames/emails for account recovery... EU is in GDPR area to be compliant ...

Last edited:
"Cost of playing, low return in entertainment 19 FIX" -- if only that were true

Compared to 2009...
We now have 10 HP mobs, 2 dmg guns, Mario platformer, noob oil rug on RT , beer garden on RT, ark rig, new player intro ( Thule) resource gathering, noob mining Flinders etcetcetc.
Cost to play is significantly reduced.

Auto arrange auction list/find/search/alerts 36 FIX <-- alerts not here, so partly fixed

Useless, dull, static buildings, Hadesheim 8 FIXED (no more hadesheim, easy fix) <-- I would say still here, well not Hadesheim, but all other citys and a lot locations that was eyecandy completely removed - not fixed imho

Type in exact coords for teleporting 8 DUNNO <-- not here

Inability to color/texture each field seperately 5 DUNNO <-- still not here, Mega already said

Events more visible, bigger announcements in time, deeper stories/development, more events for noobs, destructed cities 5 NOT REALLY <-- partly fixed, we have event list now for landgrab and playercreated events on LAs

When exiting eu, having to kill the process (vista/win7) 4 <-- fixed

Have marked some things red in the quote and gave coment in red

Fix broken HoT faps/chips & DoT weapons
Actually fix buffs exploit.

Fix loot 2.0, name it 3.0 or whatever you want, and make it so that first and foremost active and longterm players or players that cycle a lot of ped gets priority onto the HOF list, and put n00bs and inactive/low cycling players to the waiting list, also significantly reduce the chance to get big ubers on n00b mobs (top priority).

It's literally insane to fucking give a 1.5k uber on a prototype droka gen 05.

As is insane to get a 8k ped hof on molisk scout, or 8k+ bristlehog and every few days 2-6k ped kerb hof.

A picture is worth more than 1000 words they say.
n00b_hofs.jpg

Last edited:
Compared to 2009...
We now have 10 HP mobs, 2 dmg guns, Mario platformer, noob oil rug on RT , beer garden on RT, ark rig, new player intro ( Thule) resource gathering, noob mining Flinders etcetcetc.
Cost to play is significantly reduced.

That's certainly true for very new players. However, the real issue is how long your $100 deposit will last normal mid-range players. "Not Fixed"

Fix loot 2.0, name it 3.0 or whatever you want, and make it so that only active and longterm players or players that cycle a lot of ped gets priority onto the HOF list, and put n00bs and inactive/low cycling players to the waiting list, also significantly reduce the chance to get big ubers on n00b mobs (top priority).
No, no and three times no. Equal chance for all is the only way (well if the current state is skewed for a purpose, that's wrong ofc and should be undone, but absolutely not the way you say). You shouldn't be gambling or gaming at all with this mindset, better buy gold bars.

As is insane to get a 8k ped hof on molisk scout, or 8k+ bristlehog and every few days 2-6k ped kerb hof.
This depends entirely on which side you find yourself. If foul play can't be proven, maybe there are just so many of them and that is a good sign?

Noob

Fix loot 2.0, name it 3.0 or whatever you want, and make it so that only active and longterm players or players that cycle a lot of ped gets priority onto the HOF list, and put n00bs and inactive/low cycling players to the waiting list, also significantly reduce the chance to get big ubers on n00b mobs (top priority).

n00b_hofs.jpg

LOL :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::laugh::laugh::laugh::lolup::lolup:

YOU and many other here are total idiot

and make it so that only active and longterm players or players that cycle a lot of ped gets priority onto the HOF list, and put n00bs and inactive/low cycling players to the waiting list, also significantly reduce the chance to get big ubers on n00b mobs (top priority).

UNLESS YOU get it ok??? then it is ok then? fucing idiot.

Loot be 'bad' becase soon will be ped compet deed payout you see they have to pay it from some plase ok noob. a;so yes we use pill stack we lerned it do why no? is big money prefits on it you go try it is nice we writhdraw much $$ thank yo ok :eyecrazy::wtg::wtg::wtg::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I go make more mony in game bye you an idot. we got 3 big loots

and make it so that only active and longterm players or players that cycle a lot of ped gets priority onto the HOF list, and put n00bs and inactive/low cycling players to the waiting list, also significantly reduce the chance to get big ubers on n00b mobs (top priority)

ok bye

n00b_hofs.jpg

We again have the noober hofs and suddenly people complain about it.

Take them away and you will hear "oh remember the good old days when you could hof on a noob mob" .

Lets keep the incentive to keep those new players excited , very few are getting these hofs , and those that do cycle it right back into the game.

Ok people, keep em coming. I will compile a new list from the feedback in here. Hopefully a dev sees it some day in the coming 9 years and fixes some of them.

Let's make this game, which I still consider the best game I ever played, even better (yes with all of these bugs, frustrations and broken promises)

Ok people, keep em coming. I will compile a new list from the feedback in here. Hopefully a dev sees it some day in the coming 9 years and fixes some of them.

Let's make this game, which I still consider the best game I ever played, even better (yes with all of these bugs, frustrations and broken promises)

Most stuff is fixed or improved. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement, there always is.

It would be nice to remember 80 friendlists, no PM ability, no ignore ability etc.

I think it would be nice to remember how far we have come, sometimes too ...

(for those of you post-vu 10 kiddies that's old PA before vu 10... These 'walls' can still be seen around PA mall sort of... kinda miss the ol biodome and museum there, lol )

Bugs and Frustrations:

the bug where after you teleport you're in aim mode.

the bug where you lose any custom chat channels you've joined when logging out.

frustration when out hunting and my UnL amp needs repair. they could easily increase the max TT of UnL amps by 10x.

frustration when i hit next target and i don't know where it is. they could at least put a small window on the top middle of the HUD with the name of the target.

frustration when i forget when a daily mission resets. they could provide a dialog that says, 'come back in 2 hours.'

Most stuff is fixed or improved. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement, there always is.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that's the new old Port Atlantis post VU 7.7 when PA got a makeover. The old old Port Atlantis didn't have the walls IIRC. But that was a long time ago.

Last edited:
(for those of you post-vu 10 kiddies that's old PA before vu 10... These 'walls' can still be seen around PA mall sort of... kinda miss the ol biodome and museum there, lol )

The museum was cool, not only boring empty houses.
Still don´t get why they removed it.
And this old marketplace at old PA was way better than anything else they did to PA later.

The bolded part, deserved the -REP I gave to you !
Hope you get some more for this no brainer!

The bolded part, deserved the -REP I gave to you !
Hope you get some more for this no brainer!

By priority it doesn't mean people who cycle little ped or those that are inactive will never get a hof, it's just that the system will reward first and foremost the actual players who actually deserve it.
I should have been more clear what I meant.

It's the active and grinders who are keeping this game running. Who are you to say they are not allowed some extra chance to get a hof for compensation of their losses?
When you get a hof, you'd go to last of the list. Even if you're active. But with this type of system, you'll be guaranteed to eventually get a nice hof to compensate losses note that by compensate, i do not mean profit, this would increase motivation for ppl, since they know their time would come.

By priority it doesn't mean people who cycle little ped or those that are inactive will never get a hof, it's just that the system will reward first and foremost the actual players who actually deserve it.
I should have been more clear what I meant.

It's the active and grinders who are keeping this game running. Who are you to say they are not allowed some extra chance to get a hof for compensation of their losses?
When you get a hof, you'd go to last of the list. Even if you're active. But with this type of system, you'll be guaranteed to eventually get a nice hof to compensate losses note that by compensate, i do not mean profit, this would increase motivation for ppl, since they know their time would come.

By your definition, people like Messi or Yoda would get all the loot, and you by yourself even less than now, because you cycle less than they do, and you are not as old player as Yoda.
And last but not least, very likely you are less active than they are.

It would be a shot in your own leg, if MA does it like you want it.

Beside that it would be a pyramid sheme marketing, what is definately illegal in many countries.
Not to say favorism or rigged loot.

Fair chance for everyone.

NO THANKS really its only you who wants that.

And sidenote:
Long long time ago Marco stated that: The more a mob is hunted the more globals/Hof will happen on that mob.
About that Marco really told the truth and its still true.
So why the heck you want this many many low level hunters, who do nothing wrong, not to have a fair chance of high loot.
Its not the UBERs hunting Mulciber filling the loot on the punies, its the punie hunters.
Why you want their PED shifted to the Mulciber hunters, that would be in no way fair!

And do you really think a Messi who spends 1000$ a day is worth more for MA, than 200 noobs spending 20$ a day on punies ?

I don´t think so. Just do the math!

Your idea will drive off all this low hunters, because rigged loot, where everything is shifted to more active players with bigger PED card sucks big time, and nobody with a brain would stay if this pyramid sheme will be introduced.

and thanks for the -REP back!

Another one. Player: Henry Kraal Borax
Combibo Old 2 091 PED Sat, 24 Feb 2018 13:14:36
Maffoid Outrunner 40 PED Sat, 10 Feb 2018 22:25:32
Total Loot: 2 131 PED

Seems fair yeah...

It already does. Every unit of ammo or weapon decay spent buys you a ticket, and you get exactly as many chances. Unless you bring proof that it's skewed the other way around, this is only a sign that there are plenty of new players around, ideally outweighing the old ones which would be a sign of growth. This idea of "deserving" is just bollocks.

Another one. Player: Henry Kraal Borax
Combibo Old 2 091 PED Sat, 24 Feb 2018 13:14:36
Maffoid Outrunner 40 PED Sat, 10 Feb 2018 22:25:32
Total Loot: 2 131 PED

Seems fair yeah...

Yeah it is fair, and want to say
Gratz Henry, nice hit, keep them coming

Come over your envy.
You are just mad that you don´t hit it.

Next time you hit something we all should complain, that is so unfair!
How can you get a HoF and me not ?
[start stomping and crying and call for mama]

LOL

You are so weak kid. Grow up!

It already does. Every unit of ammo or weapon decay spent buys you a ticket, and you get exactly as many chances. Unless you bring proof that it's skewed the other way around, this is only a sign that there are plenty of new players around, ideally outweighing the old ones which would be a sign of growth. This idea of "deserving" is just bollocks.

Little correction, only the kill + looting afterwards grants you a ticket, because that's the point when you get the loot.
Someone who shopts punies, like 3 shotting them, most likely gets far more tickets per hour than someone who has to shoot a mob 10+ times to kill it =)

As it goes for the "deserving part", imo everyone deserves a decent return (95-98%).

I think it would be nice to remember how far we have come, sometimes too ...

I think I'm showing my age a bit but, for most situations:

GAMEPLAY > GRAPHICS

I would still play pre-v10 PE as long as the loot has a reasonable return. If that's done through markup or just better tt return I don't care. Last few months I've been paying $20/h to eco-hunt with MM, imp fap, small armor decay. Greed and apathy from MA

Back