Developer Notes #16 - Buff Improvements & More

They have lowered Hunting return volatility twice in the past two weeks in undocumented changes.

Maybe they should document it to the public.
Maybe a few people would even try their luck again. :rolleyes:
As long there are no official statements from them, no ty.
:nutkick:

Oh wait, they did :laugh:

Well, would be great to see again indoors minimum size possible "considerable" when unamped. I hope they thought this well.

Why would you tell people about the loot change ahead of time. Now your test will not work because people are going to greatly increase there activity in those professions to test it out and screw up your test results.

You've never done a single test in your whole life have you? How would a larger sample size be BAD? Do you not grasp what they're trying to tweak?

What about hunt loot volatility?
That one is about dubbled since 2.0 on most mobs.
One can enjoy down too 50% runs just to pay for next ridiculus 100hp big hof.
I dont want to deal in dumb luck, i want another dimension too it, were all factors in.

They're literally introducing a whole profession regarding "hunt loot". Giving it "Another dimension to it" :confused::confused:

Holy shit people...

the new hunting professions will most likely be for improving loot composition higher the skill is, while prolly not actually improving loot % is my guess.

Really happy to hear good communications from MA.

Glad crafting is getting some (much needed imo) attention :yay:

here hear - hear here

I honestly cannot wait for orange paint cans (and etc.) which would be obtainable only by ubers with very high looter proffesion. Same ESIs, mushrooms... That would be Heaven to play for middle lvl players.

I honestly cannot wait for orange paint cans (and etc.) which would be obtainable only by ubers with very high looter proffesion. Same ESIs, mushrooms... That would be Heaven to play for middle lvl players.

i sense the irony in your statement, but that's actually how it was before. anyone who thinks hunting for wave items like shrooms or crystals was easier before, never tried it in my opinion. same as ESIs in solo hunting, go ask the peeps for their memories...

nowadays i see many midlevel players loot ESIs at shared loot and wave events, and i see people hunting caperon/marcimex in no way considered to be an uber. this is also true for the alien bones and arkadians graphene composite, most people just don't know about it, sometimes even years after the missions were released.

anyways, if this really is an incentive to stop noob uber luck, who really is against it hmm?

The current plan is to refine and test these improvements over the next 10-14 days and implement them in a patch soon thereafter.

Cool, will log in again in 10-14 days then...

i sense the irony in your statement, but that's actually how it was before. anyone who thinks hunting for wave items like shrooms or crystals was easier before, never tried it in my opinion. same as ESIs in solo hunting, go ask the peeps for their memories...

nowadays i see many midlevel players loot ESIs at shared loot and wave events, and i see people hunting caperon/marcimex in no way considered to be an uber. this is also true for the alien bones and arkadians graphene composite, most people just don't know about it, sometimes even years after the missions were released.

anyways, if this really is an incentive to stop noob uber luck, who really is against it hmm?

Actually, I think that you need to re-define for yourself what is the meaning of "now" and "before". As my post was about "looting profession" which is not here yet. Only thing I wanted to highlight was fact that IF the system with looting profession will determine your loot composition (shrapnel vs. rest items) on basis of you looting profession standing – there will be situation where low lvl materials will just stop dropping since no high lvl players will simply hunt combibos for orange paint etc. As I presume that TT-return will not be influenced by this profession as it is (pressumably on MA declaration when introducing Loot 2.0) influenced now by efficiency of weapon. Moreover about ESIs and shrooms, that was just rhetorical question how the new profession will influence drop rate of those as these was part of the loot-wave or more recentlypart of the TT-spend grinding formula (depends on the personal oppinion).

However I completly agree with you last sentence... I don't think that it will be the case tho.

I can't believe people are saying this is a good thing about mining and crafting. They havent actually told us anything.

They say they are temporarily reducing volatility while they test. THAT'S it. Not what they are testing or why.

Now, if MA said they were over-hauling the crafting profession, then that would be news.

There is nothing in this to get excited about.

They don't even say how the new profession will work, there are no details in this bulletin.

Rgds

Ace

I can't believe people are saying this is a good thing about mining and crafting. They havent actually told us anything.

They say they are temporarily reducing volatility while they test. THAT'S it. Not what they are testing or why.

Now, if MA said they were over-hauling the crafting profession, then that would be news.

There is nothing in this to get excited about.

They don't even say how the new profession will work, there are no details in this bulletin.

Rgds

Ace

maybe you should read it entirely....

Manufacturing
Overall volatility will be reduced during the testing period, while the overall chance of success will be increased slightly. In addition, Near Success outcomes will return more of the initial input.

Mining
Overall volatility will be reduced during the testing period, by increasing the size of the smallest possible claims.

i marked everything you didn't read the first time.
This looks like a general non-multiplier TT-return increase, which is huge considering how bad returns can be at moment...

Last edited:
the new hunting professions will most likely be for improving loot composition higher the skill is,
while prolly not actually improving loot % is my guess

If MindArk does what you guess, it will be a winning move.
So, at the end of the day, the situation could be like this :

1) Weapon efficiency (0-100%) affects loot TT returns

2) NEW hunting professions affect loot composition/markup (and NOT TT returns, or just marginally)

3) and, as CRITICAL POINT: After the introduction of the new hunting professions, the Cost-per-Kill ("Damage per pec") should (yes, "should" in my wish/opinion) just positively affect the "volatility" of your hunts, and nothing else (while currently it ALSO affects the loot composition/markup : as MindArk stated months ago) : therefore merely allowing you to kill more mobs per ped spent (especially if you are using some of the NEW ultra-high Damage-per-Pec weapons introduced recently in-game).

IF the situation after the introduction of the new hunting professions will be actually what i have described above, THEN the hunting system would become truly balanced and REALLY interesting : thus allowing the use of a VERY wide range of weapons to obtain decent hunting results at the end of the day,
not only those annoying, few super expensive/ "almost unreachable" weapons with an ultra-high Damage-per-Pec.

Let's hope, and cross our fingers.

Paul

Last edited:
If MindArk does what you guess, it will be a winning move.
So, at the end of the day, the situation could be like this :

-Weapon efficiency (0-100%) affects loot TT returns
-NEW hunting skills affect loot composition (and NOT TT returns; or just marginally)

-AND, CRITICAL POINT : after the introduction of the new hunting professions, the Cost-per-kill ("damage per pec") will/should ("should" in my wish/opinion) just affect the "volatility" of your hunts and nothing else (while currently it ALSO affects the loot composition, as MindArk stated months ago) , so ONLY allowing you to kill more mobs at the same expense (especially if you are using some of the NEW ultra-low dpp weapons).
I think that it might/SHOULD be like this, since i have seen that currently melee weapons are a lot/unfairly advantaged, regarding Damage-per-Pec, by the use of Armatrix Extenders
(please do some verifications by using the utility "Weapon Compare V2" on Entropiawiki.com , adjusting/lowering the weapon decay, from 100% to lower values , simulating the use of Armatrix extenders)

IF the situation will actually be what i have described above, THEN the hunting system would be truly balanced and REALLY interesting :

thus allowing the use of a VERY VERY wide range of weapons, not only those boring ultra-low dpp "extended" melees (by Armatrix extenders), or few super expensive/"almost unreachable" weapons (like Mayhem weapons and few others), to obtain truly decent hunting results.

Let's cross our fingers.

Paul

Increased dpp automatically changes the loot composition, since if you've spent less to kill the mob any item you looted costed you less to get, i.e. it is a greater % of your return. You cannot change dpp without your loot composition being affected.

.....currently melee weapons are a lot/unfairly advantaged, regarding Damage-per-Pec, by the use of Armatrix Extenders [/B] (please do some verifications by using the utility "Weapon Compare V2" on Entropiawiki.com , adjusting/lowering the weapon decay, from 100% to lower values , simulating the use of Armatrix extenders).....

Paul

Saying that ArMatrix extenders increases damage per PEC is like saying that amplifiers significantly increase damage per PEC without accounting for the amplifier's cost in decay and ammo.
ArMatrix extenders decay, adding nothing to damage/PEC.

This looks like a general non-multiplier TT-return increase, which is huge considering how bad returns can be at moment...

Great news for those that play casually on a limited entertainment budget or those that wish to prolong their gambling experience.

But for the dedicated miner looking to turn a consistent profit through extensive grinding, nothing has really changed here (from the information that we have). Without the big multiplier, there is no profit.

For all we know, this TT increase could delay these large multipliers indefinitely, which would make mining an even more miserable and stressful experience than it is currently. Sure, your short-term losses would be reduced, but at what cost?

So, at least where mining is concerned, I tend to agree with Ace. I'm not getting excited just yet. Hopefully there are more announcements to come. These would be extremely underwhelming changes considering how long it's been since any significant changes to the crafting/mining system.

For all we know, this TT increase could delay these large multipliers indefinitely, which would make mining an even more miserable and stressful experience than it is currently. Sure, your short-term losses would be reduced, but at what cost?

what are large multipliers? :laugh:

Saying that ArMatrix extenders increases damage per PEC is like saying that amplifiers significantly increase damage per PEC without accounting for the amplifier's cost in decay and ammo.
ArMatrix extenders decay, adding nothing to damage/PEC.

Armatrix Extenders do decay, but their decay as declared in their item description is ultra-low (aka "Exceptional" Durability, correct me if i am wrong http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Durability )

UPDATE/EDIT: The true decay of extenders is not at all that "Exceptional" declared in the item description, see my note at the end of this message.

I crafted some Armatrix P15 extenders, and attached them to various weapons :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Attachment&name=ArMatrix_Extender_P15_(L)
Weapon Attachment: ArMatrix Extender P15 (L)
Type: Absorber
Weight: 0.1 kg
Source: Crafted

This attachment absorbs a part of the deterioration of the item it is attached to,
deteriorating the Extender instead.

Efficiency: 85%
Attachment Deterioration: 15%
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The result, as expected, regarding Efficiency improvement, is that the best effect is achieved on high decay weapons, like melee ones (you can try on a TT shortblade, for example); while the worst result, "= almost no effect at all on Efficiency" , is achieved on weapons with insignificant decay (those with "excellent" or "exceptional" durability, like many CDF weapons buyable by daily tokens).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(While, IF you meant with your reply that the "true" decay of a P15-Extender is that "exceptional" = ultra low decay reported in the item description + 15% of the decay of the weapon :
oh well , IF it's like that then I admit that you are right and I am plain wrong about the effect on the Damage-per-Pec of the weapon; I have just crafted some P15-Extenders and attached them to some weapons, to verify how much the item stats of the weapon changed (like its Efficiency, for example), but still without measuring the "true" total decay per shot of a P15-Extender in a hunt )

UPDATE/EDIT: After a small hunt using a TT Shortblade+P15-Extender attached on it, I have verified that the decay of the Extender is NOT that low/"Exceptional durability", displayed in the item description. So, the TRUE decay of the P15-Extender is about 15% of the decay of the weapon.
So i admit my mistake : the Armatrix Extenders do NOT positively affect the Damage-per-Pec of the weapon.
While it's confirmed that the Armatrix Extenders DO positively affect the Efficiency of the weapon attached, like i had already reported, and It's confirmed that the best results, Efficiency-wise, are obtained on melee weapons/high decay weapons, while almost no Efficiency modification occurs on very low decay weapons.

Last edited:
Haven't used them yet, just coming back to EU from a break prior to Loot 2.0, but doesn't this make more sense?

the result, as expected, is that the best effect is achieved on high Mark Up, Limited weapons (like the E.L.M. weapons)
while the worst result, "almost no effect at all" , is achieved on weapons with insignificant Mark Up

It also looks like the ArMatrix melees use ammo, to supplement decay now. Older (L) melee weapons would also be a good option "If" the extender MU was less than the melee MU.

I honestly could be wrong, trying to learn about all the new stuff myself.

Dear MA, your HRNG might need replacement.

trox.jpg

let's wait and see, maybe something good comes out :)

Dear MA, your HRNG might need replacement.

trox.jpg

Maybe it came under psychic influence?

Edit: Maybe there is something going on. Saw someone get two globals back to back of exact same amount, 61 ped on Cyrene spider bots. If such patterns aren't unique...

Last edited:
Why would you tell people about the loot change ahead of time. Now your test will not work because people are going to greatly increase there activity in those professions to test it out and screw up your test results.

Pretty sure that's a good thing.

They need to start focusing on hunting loot. Im a crafter myself and im honestly sick of what that BIB hit ubers over and over again. I know Hunters that recycle almost the same as a crafter in a day and I dont See them hit multibel 10ks over and over again. Yes crafting is a gambling but atm it seems like the Hunters are the one feeding that loot pool to. Make hunting great again and us lazy ep retards may start doing it again.

They need to start focusing on hunting loot. Im a crafter myself and im honestly sick of what that BIB hit ubers over and over again. I know Hunters that recycle almost the same as a crafter in a day and I dont See them hit multibel 10ks over and over again. Yes crafting is a gambling but atm it seems like the Hunters are the one feeding that loot pool to. Make hunting great again and us lazy ep retards may start doing it again.

Well EP crafters can "kill" what like 30 20ped "mobs" a minute whereas hunters kill much less, which is why you see them hit more ubers in shorter time span, just more loot events. Also ep is just TT in vs TT out so you play vs mindark so who cares how many hofs they hit, in the end doesnt rly matter unless they stop after the hof (how many gamblers do that?) Fairly certain the loot pools are still seperate, i certainly dont notice drop in hunting returns before/after ep hofs but can notice it around big hunting hofs.

CRafting

Citation for results after few k click
---------------00------------
Manufacturing
Overall volatility will be reduced during the testing period, while the overall chance of success will be increased slightly. In addition, Near Success outcomes will return more of the initial input.
--------------00---------------

Expected results:Total result now are ~ 90% TT(also on 300) click ... - quite stable, while in these Total total are JUST included MU also on Product ... lol (expect result = TT return+MU on product = ~ 90% TT of mats) as a result this mean Total loss of Material MU ... + 10 % TT

And this is: "Works as intended" (craft TT junk or item/components more MU = loss for sure ... )

Also some more experiments :
Moving slider now have higher impact on TT return
Also clicking not maxed BPs --- would yield less TT...

Give reason 2 depo/play .... with these settings I do not see, why I had "invested" (this is citing MA - MA slogan :) ) in my Ava ...

Boycout Depo till system description is published (Ps...bzw MA this is RCE ... )

Crafting changes are terrible

The crafting changes are terrible. Now a near success nets you 40 to 60% of the value of what you are crafting instead of 10% to 99%. I usually ended up closer to the 90%+ range when getting near success and rarely would get the lower end of the spectrum. Now, every near success means you are getting screwed.

Also, as of today, something has to have been changed as far as multipliers are concerned.

I just did close to 1000 clicks of Simple I and II Plastic Springs and the highest result with the slider almost all the way down was 9 PED.

I have never done so poorly ever before. Doing 1000 clicks of these always gets me at least a 20 or 30 pedder, if not a global or two.

If this is what MA considers a good change for crafting then you can count me out. I am tired of every change in this game for the past 7-8 years being in MA's favor financially! I've stuck with this game through thick and thin but I have about had my fill.

Back