Developer Notes #16 - Buff Improvements & More

Bright side - there is no player Looter.
Pirates will be screwed and pvp 4 miners finally free as pkers will not have skills to loot them.

shhhhhhhhhhh :eyecrazy:

Actually if it turns out to be that, and you're probably not far from the truth. I'm done.

Rick

Well, let us be honest here... they will need to increase the need to deposit.

Hmmm just curios about a couple things:
Mutant Boar- what category that mob fell in?
Mutated Mobs on Arkadia (nusuls,kamaldons,madanas etc) mutants or animals?
Thieves,Inmates and Cops on RT? Those are easy Thieves=animals,Cops=mutants,or oposite?
Crates in instances like Aakas or Salderdesh,what profession u will recomend for them? Easy on Caly in robot beacon,all mobs are robots there,but on Ark instances are full with Deheras and other mobs too. What category Deheras is going to be? Animals? Looks like robots to me,but then player needs kill animals and robots to get to Crate and what proffesion will influence loot most? Are MA able to code it such way to make 2 professions influence one loot event? IFN personal in warehouse instance,those are humans i supose or lets make them animals since they work for local goverment??
Hope MA already works with Planet Partners to put some tricky mobs in right category and dont brake the story line like they did on Caly. Or lets screw story line, just hope those loot professions will not cause disaperance of local planet loot even more.

Just my 2pecs

Thieves,Inmates and Cops on RT? Those are easy Thieves=animals,Cops=mutants,or oposite?
Crates in instances like Aakas or Salderdesh,what profession u will recomend for them? Easy on Caly in robot beacon,all mobs are robots there,but on Ark instances are full with Deheras and other mobs too. What category Deheras is going to be? Animals? Looks like robots to me,but then player needs kill animals and robots to get to Crate and what proffesion will influence loot most? Are MA able to code it such way to make 2 professions influence one loot event? IFN personal in warehouse instance,those are humans i supose or lets make them animals since they work for local goverment??
Hope MA already works with Planet Partners to put some tricky mobs in right category and dont brake the story line like they did on Caly. Or lets screw story line, just hope those loot professions will not cause disaperance of local planet loot even more.

Just my 2pecs

Try checking to see what kind of Loot Window the mob creates, there are three different types for the three mob types, you can also scan mobs and see which kind of scanning profession skill is given, like Scan Animal, Scan Mutant, Scan Robot.

Team / Shared Hunting Loot Distribution
Our team is also investigating the distribution of hunting loot for teams and shared loot scenarios, with an eye toward implementing a more equitable, balanced, and engaging distribution of both stackable and non-stackable loot. We expect the improvements from this investigation to be implemented within the next 1-2 months, after a full review and testing phase are completed.

This seems a bit behind schedule, could we get an update as to where you guys are at with these changes?

Would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Just my 2pecs
We can also tell by what kind of residues they drop :wise:

Looter Professions
Continuing with the improvements implemented in Loot 2.0, our design team is finalizing the details of an exciting new group of professions focused on specialized hunting loot acquisition. Three new professions will be added: Animal Looter, Mutant Looter and Robot Looter, along with several associated new skills (including unique unlockable skills for each profession). We expect the new professions to be implemented during the spring.

Originally Posted Here

spring 2019/2020/2021 :confused::rolleyes:
the loot profession only consists of implanting skills

A quick update on some of the adjustments and improvements that are currently in progress.

Success Rate / Volatility Improvements
Starting within the next couple of days, and planned to last for 7-14 days, our balancing team will be testing adjustments to the manufacturing and mining systems.

Manufacturing
Overall volatility will be reduced during the testing period, while the overall chance of success will be increased slightly. In addition, Near Success outcomes will return more of the initial input.

Mining
Overall volatility will be reduced during the testing period, by increasing the size of the smallest possible claims.

***NOTE*** Please keep in mind that these tests will incorporate macro-level changes to the manufacturing and mining systems and thus the results or experiences for individual avatars and/or for small sample sizes may not differ significantly from current settings. Also note that the overall (macro-level) expected return for these systems will be unaffected.

Originally Posted Here

Both where already very nice balanced but I always cheer for improvements :yay::yay::yay:

Great job :)

Both where already very nice balanced but I always cheer for improvements :yay::yay::yay:

Great job :)

I love it much, while they did that test. I got 3 x a XX claim within a week, and my ped card improved nice. It was my best mining time in 2018.

Hopefully they do more such tests :)

wasn't the goal to reduce volatility & waves?
as it stand, it happens rather often that there's bad/mediocre return for 2-3 weeks and then a day with up to 20 globals/hofs... it needs some tweaking...

wasn't the goal to reduce volatility & waves?
as it stand, it happens rather often that there's bad/mediocre return for 2-3 weeks and then a day with up to 20 globals/hofs... it needs some tweaking...

One of the things with random returns around a set probability is clumping. The only way for lady luck to balance out occasional times of good luck is to give you slightly bad luck most of the time.
If you toss a coin a thousand times you might see ten in a row of heads or tails. These sets of successes (or fails) balance out over a longer period.

BUT, I agree with you that the swings in EU look like there are 'carrier waves' beneath the surface that clump results more than chance alone would do. All in all, my daily volatility has come down as time goes on and I'm getting fewer globals. For some time now I've believed this is linked to skills or total number of kills in some way, but statistics is a funny old game ;)!

Back