Bring back Umbranoid or Calamusoid for Mutant Looter profession?

Darkaruki

Stalker
Banned
Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
Hey, I think everyone misses these cool mobs and with the upcoming Animal Looter, Mutant Looter, and Robot Looter professions I think Calypso could really use a little bit more variety when it comes to mutants, which have very limited options compared to the other two creature classes.

Currently we have very limited options:
Muluk-Hir
Mulaak'f
Mulmun
Feffoid
Maffoid
Thorifoid Berserker
Thorifoid Waywatcher
Thorifoid Shaman
Thorio Male
Thorio Female
Boorum Male
Boorum Female
Globster
Furor

I feel that Robots and Animals have significantly more options, and more importantly, better options, as most of these mobs are not very viable hunting choices for most players, so it would be awesome to see these mobs make a comeback to bring a bit more variety, maybe a hunting challenge could be thrown in as well, and they could even have an area with some interesting landscape dedicated to them?

Last edited:
I think one of these pretty much completely abandoned areas have a lot of potential for a mutant outpost of some sort:

2hnkzeS.jpg

While I'd like to see some more mutants, too... Minopolis desert is an important mining and fruitwalking area, and it's also used during yearly migration.

Umbranoids, YES!
Don't care where. Just put them in a non lootable pvp zone and i'll be happy :)

Last edited:
While I'd like to see some more mutants, too... Minopolis desert is an important mining and fruitwalking area, and it's also used during yearly migration.

There could still be mutant settlement and still be plenty of room for those things, the entire thing could even just be on that little cape in the bottom right, although my first choice would be the area surrounding camp caravan.

As for migration, it's normal for it to displace some natural spawns.

There are also many other locations with low traffic areas where this type of content could be developed, these areas were just the first that came to mind for me.

Last edited:
Looking for position of the White Walkers

And let's have some new mobs, that aren't just a copy of an old mob with a different name. We haven't had new mobs on Calypso in years.

And let's have some new mobs, that aren't just a copy of an old mob with a different name. We haven't had new mobs on Calypso in years.

This would definitely be great too.

Omg yespleaseyes. I love hunting mutants more than anything else and I have great memories with both these mobs. Calamusoids gave me my first hunting uber ever :love:

well, Universal Monsters fell through, but the monsters themselves are in the public domain... hmm...

I would love them back too, but dont touch the minopolis desert please. Put them where they used to be or even better create some kind of instance, cave or smth.
Calamusoids belong to pvp1, would love to see them returned to their original spawn but in a new hd model please. The old one was super bad.

Neomex
RX units (event)
Atrox/atrax/feffox hatchlings (event)
Blackshaah creatures

And maybe some more, so not exactly “no new creatures for years”, but surely another one wouldnt hurt at all.

/Soko

Neomex
RX units (event)
Atrox/atrax/feffox hatchlings (event)
Blackshaah creatures

And maybe some more, so not exactly “no new creatures for years”, but surely another one wouldnt hurt at all.

/Soko

I said "that aren't just a copy of an old mob with a different name". It seems in recent times they can only be bothered to recycle old models to chuck us a new mob every now and than, rather than making a proper effort.

I also miss them, they were mean to me when I was little and then I was bereaved of the chance to get back at them. But joking aside, Umbranoids had some special features which made them different from all other mobs (like using a variety of weapons and armour parts, and possibly different AI iirc) which may not have fit into pattern limitations of the new game engine when it was changed. If this was the reason for their removal, then the difficulty remains.

But joking aside, Umbranoids had some special features which made them different from all other mobs (like using a variety of weapons and armour parts, and possibly different AI iirc) which may not have fit into pattern limitations of the new game engine when it was changed. If this was the reason for their removal, then the difficulty remains.

Other than their appearance, which was at one time partly randomised, they didn't behave any differently to any other mob. They had different attack types dependent on the maturity, but there are other mobs that do that now. If they were given a uniform look again, there's no reason why they couldn't be reintroduced, as far as I can see.

Reactions: San
Other than their appearance, which was at one time partly randomised, they didn't behave any differently to any other mob. They had different attack types dependent on the maturity, but there are other mobs that do that now. If they were given a uniform look again, there's no reason why they couldn't be reintroduced, as far as I can see.

I see, memory is a bit hazy. Had it in my mind for some reason that they may have gotten a little special programming in the old engine. Well then, no hindrance to bringing them back. I liked the place around their village near Chimera Canyons. It is so deserted ever since.

How cool would it be to see these mobs back in the game? It's obvious tons of players would be super into it, and there are plenty of empty/mostly empty spots on Calypso where they could make appearances, Calamusoids could fill some of the giant emptiness of the Fort Argus PVP and Umbranoids could get an area dedicated to them complete with cool buildings and maybe even a mission or something, I can't even begin to imagine how many players would come back and give the game another shot if some cool content like that was introduced into the game.

Last edited:
Back